Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,354 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi (30339 Views)

I Never Knew Mikel Could Score Goals - Mourinho / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / I Knew I Would Score –emenike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Ehimenboy(m): 5:27am On Sep 07, 2014
Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, has said he saw his team’s 3-2 defeat to Congo in their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the U.J. Esuene Stadium, coming.

The African champions are now third in Group A of the qualifiers behind leaders South Africa and Congo while Sudan are last on the log, after posting a poor performance in their first game after the World Cup.

“I’m very disappointed. It was not just the result but the way we played in the first half. I was like a soothsayer because I saw it coming and I talked to the boys that they had to be aggressive and first to the ball.

“I’ve played against the Congolese team before and I know they play tip-tap football. We scored the first goal and that was it. It’s a shame that we had opportunities, mostly in the second half, but we could not score,” Keshi said immediately after the game.

Keshi said he charged the players in the dressing room in a bid to restore pride but admitted that his team was frustrated by the defensive and delay tactics of their opponents.

He added, “I told them (players) they were not playing their game. They were not themselves, they were not playing, they were second to the ball and they needed to change the mentality. They came back in the second half and you could see the difference. But if you are playing a team like this, they are going to come hard and park the bus. And that’s what they did in the second half. Who won’t do it?

“I can understand the frustration, the Congolese team delaying the game, killing the game. It became an anger problem and its part of the game.

“It’s football. Brazil lost 7-1 and we lost today (Saturday). Everybody is going to lose someday. We cannot win all the games all the time. This is where we need the media and Nigerians. They have to be behind the team, so that we can go to South Africa and win”

http://www.punchng.com/sports/i-knew-eagles-would-lose-keshi/

3 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by bright007(f): 5:54am On Sep 07, 2014
ok.......First of all introduction I want to say FTC..........its a dream come true being first to comment.
All haters and those that will quote me with badmouthing....in Baba Osho's voice "GO and Die".
For all those aspiring to be first to comment....stay strong...you will get there.

I dedicated this victory to Seun the owner of this toilet called nairaland where members like me come to pooo but the pooo keepers called Mods wil not let you poo exhaustively.....
back to topic.......

A good coach accept responsibility both in success and in failure.....since Keshi knew the SE will lose, what did he do?......
simply put keshi is a slow fastspoke grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by justi4jesu(f): 5:57am On Sep 07, 2014
who cares if you knew or not angry angry

5 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by kobonaire(m): 5:58am On Sep 07, 2014
Sometimes losing the very first game is a good thing ... it reignites your passion and hunger for a win and you rediscover your team.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by CyberEBOLA(m): 5:58am On Sep 07, 2014
Person wey hypertention wan kill 4 stadium during the match? Since he knew we will lose then why not sit and sip zobo instead of running around during the match? Even MASTER ME no fit talk like that.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by datguru: 5:58am On Sep 07, 2014
Mtcheew, wetin concern me

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Akshow: 5:58am On Sep 07, 2014
shut up ur mouth there Mr Keshi. As they say: pride goeth before a fall. U were busy forming king Kong warrior, feeling like the best thing to have happened to Nigeria since the discovery of internet, quarrelling and beefing ur players, holding Nigeria to Ransome over ur silly signature for ur crappy lousy coaching.

since when Nigeria couldn't muster a single attempt in several set piece in the world cup na im I don know say u no get any tactical sense. football is far above getting foreign players, lacing boots and playing. Congo won based on their technical know out while u were busy training ur players for monkey post football

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by LMAyedun(m): 5:59am On Sep 07, 2014
Funny!
The Big Boss will always find an excuse.

6 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by datguru: 5:59am On Sep 07, 2014
Akshow: Na wa

Guy how far na
Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by coded01: 5:59am On Sep 07, 2014
Team Name P W D L F A GD Pts
1 South Africa 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3
2 Congo 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3
3 Nigeria 1 0 0 1 2 3 -1 0
4 Sudan 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

See as Nigeria & Sudan dey drag last position! tongue grin

Nothing do Naija... grin grin grin

On a serious note! Since i have been watching football, i have never heard or read whereby a Coach make such unintelligent post-match speech as this... tongue angry grin

Yet some Keshi's loyalist will come out to support him! angry --- How on earth will any coach in his right senses say "I Knew Eagles Would Lose"? undecided tongue --- Even with the pride Mourinho has, he would never make such a statement... grin

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by lurvy: 6:00am On Sep 07, 2014
Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Innodon(m): 6:00am On Sep 07, 2014
Oh No.....He sold out our match
Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 07, 2014
How does his prediction change the fact they lost?

1 Like

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by yosla: 6:01am On Sep 07, 2014
Someone should please call this guy (Keshi) to order! His recent failures are beginning to far outweigh his past successes.

6 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Austindark(m): 6:01am On Sep 07, 2014
shut up

always shifting blame
can't u take responsibility for once??

rubbish

7 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by cubeet3: 6:01am On Sep 07, 2014
No Problem shaa

2 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Muscomide: 6:01am On Sep 07, 2014
Keshi wen NFF suppose don sack since. Mtcheew

4 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by justi4jesu(f): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2014
Austindark: shut up

u harsh oh grin
Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by MissyDivah(f): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2014
This Eagles Can't Fly oooooooo tongue
Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Femistico(m): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2014
my support for the eagles has gone since 1742
Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by pussypounder(m): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2014
everybody na 419 for dis country, you don turn yourself to soothsayer abi, na make you go open your parish dey remain, keshi koshi lo joor

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 07, 2014
Mr. Keshi, you have done your bit, it is time to retire, before you become a spiritualist rather than a coach!

-CramJones

17 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by jamilkb(m): 6:03am On Sep 07, 2014
Who cares? na u be God? what if they won?

1 Like

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by ignis: 6:04am On Sep 07, 2014
Whether he knew they will loose or not, The fact remains that they lost.
Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by musb92yahooco: 6:04am On Sep 07, 2014
End tym

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Femistico(m): 6:04am On Sep 07, 2014
pussypounder: m
u try
Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by timilehing(m): 6:04am On Sep 07, 2014
Why can't he said it publicly that Nigeria will lose before the match start? That would've help me know which team to place my bet on.

10 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 07, 2014
He should have told us before the match na grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Austindark(m): 6:05am On Sep 07, 2014
justi4jesu:

u harsh oh grin

d man dey make me vex jor

1 Like

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by lasheez(m): 6:06am On Sep 07, 2014
Brazil lost 7-1 so he said.Very funny coach.

2 Likes

Re: I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi by Emmybreezy(m): 6:07am On Sep 07, 2014
u know u con allow us play d match dat bad u 4 talk am b4 d match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) / Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.