Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) (2414 Views)

Modifications That Can Make Headlamps Brighter / Is The Use Of Halogen Bulb(white) As Car Headlamps Allowed By Frsc / Why Do Lagos Motorists Drive With Headlamps On In Broad-day Light!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by DjAndroid: 9:47am On Sep 07, 2014
I went to used spare parts market in Anambra state to replace some bad bushings of my ride.

On arrival, some hustlers approached me, each of them offering to fix one or two things on the ride. But the one I gave attention was the one that offered to clean my headlamps.

At first I doubted if the headlamp could be cleaned because I was planning to buy a new one. Then the mechanic that was fixing my bushings asked me to allow the guy to clean the headlamps with the assurance that they will look like new ones after the cleaning.

Then I agreed. The pay was =N=600.
After the cleaning, I was surprised at what I saw.

The first picture is before the cleaning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 07, 2014
Why are ye relaunching yer product grin

1 Like

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by DjAndroid: 9:52am On Sep 07, 2014
The guy used razor to scrape off the surface then sprayed one chemical on it, resulting in instant shine.
Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by DjAndroid: 9:54am On Sep 07, 2014
smartchoice: Why are ye relaunching yer product grin

what product is that please.
Is any product mentioned in this post?

2 Likes

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2014
DjAndroid:

That you tried marketing earlier with another moniker

1 Like

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by DjAndroid: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2014
smartchoice:

That you tried marketing earlier with another moniker

sorry I am not a marketer. I am a civil servant. No idea of what you are talking. I have only one moniker here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2014
DjAndroid:

sorry I am not a marketer. I am a civil servant. No idea of what you are talking. I have only one moniker here.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Don't be dissuaded by certain cowardly and unscrupulous elements who inhabitate this section. Save your sanity and ignore them.

5 Likes

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2014
DjAndroid:

Unfortunately what you're being suckered into is akin to arguing with a bucknaked lunatic on the street about fine Parisian clothes.

It'll end up being a waste of time and effort.

3 Likes

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2014
Brilliant work on those headlamps. Looking at the "before" picture, I would have thought they were past restoring.

We learn a new thing every day.

2 Likes

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by jasper7(m): 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
This is fantastic. Would love to meet the guy who did this job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by CMGO(f): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
@DjAndroid, am based in anambra, where exactly did you get this job done or do you have the person's contact?
Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by Fulaman198(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
Whitening toothpaste works as well too. Some brands better than others to remove the oxidization and impurities from the headlights.

1 Like

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
CityNG:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Don't be dissuaded by certain cowardly and unscrupulous elements who inhabitate this section. Save your sanity and ignore them.

Preparing a robust response ol' man

1 Like

Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by DjAndroid: 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
CMGO:
@DjAndroid, am based in anambra, where exactly did you get this job done or do you have the person's contact?

at mgbuka obosi. It's not a big deal. There are lots of them there who do the cleaning.
Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by 100ksalescom(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2014
Is there anything that can prevent it from oxidizingg again? Since the original coat that was meant to prevent it has been scraped off.
As I heard the same issue might re-occour in 4months time.

Anyone with any suggestion or wax undecided
Re: How My Headlamps Were Cleaned By Artisans.(pictures) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
Toothpaste can do the magic perfectly

(1) (Reply)

Hybrid And Electric Vehicles: Be Careful Where You Detail Your Car. / Cost Of Transporting A Car From Lagos To Jos. / The Worst Type Of Drivers You Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.