Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain - Fashion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain (95148 Views)

Why Do Women Wear Ankle Chains...? / Does A Woman Wearing An Ankle Bracelet Mean Something? / Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by lepasharon(f): 12:29am On Sep 08, 2014
I wonder what these backward men will have to say about my piercings,tongue and all. Yes tongue !
Let me not post pics so their brains won't explode!

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 08, 2014
AriDsexy:
Did you hear the sound of it? grin
Wuza biznes, i'll call snow for you now grin grin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Niseamaka(m): 12:40am On Sep 08, 2014
Fourwinds:
what about USA polities. do we have homosexual dat will be acceptale to all as president?

How old are u?. So many high profile politicians in the west are gay. The way u or Charles Oputa choose to live your lives is absolutely none of my business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by dinachi(m): 12:41am On Sep 08, 2014
Ankle chain is identification for Lesbians and Bisexuals women generally. Some foolish girls who think it is just for fashion wear it without knowing the implication.

8 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by greggng: 1:23am On Sep 08, 2014
I didnot wanna join issues with any one who doesnt wanna take precautions. What i posted earlier was my personal experience with a lady that has that ankle chain. Let those that have ear let them hear and those that have eyes let them see. I didnt come here so that people can give me likes. I came here cos i saw an opportunity to educate people. The goodnews is that i have gone for my deliverance after that incident and i know she cannot harm me despite her threat to deal with me. 5DAYS after i burnt the chain that turned to snake, she decided to ask for it. My friends adviced me to go for deliverance. That informed my decision to do that. If she like let her monitor my post on nairaland, she cannot harm me cos Jesus is in me now. for those of you still sleeping with such ladies i pity you.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by doofanc: 1:24am On Sep 08, 2014
when we call them fish brain, they start complaining. the overwhelming consensus here is that the ankle chain is inherently evil - used mainly by whores or lezbians. Rather than take correction, they're busy exposing their pretty but lamentably empty, IQ-bereft brains.

"its just a harmless accessory" , see ya mouth like fish own grin

those who may have worn in ignorance should make necessary amends asap. it is evil, avoid it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by ChynoBEATS: 3:43am On Sep 08, 2014
AfricanApple: I usually see some girls wear ankle chain and I kinda admire it sometimes as I see it as fashion. but I was told its worn by prostitutes, that its what they use to identify themselves. how true is this besides how do you view girls who wear it.

for those I've seen who wears it, most of them are decent girls, so how come
______________________________________________An anklet, also called ankle chain or ankle
bracelet, is an ornament worn around the
ankle. Barefoot anklets and toe rings
historically have been worn for centuries by
girls and women in India, where it is
commonly known as payal. They have also
been worn by Egyptian women since
predynastic times. In the United States both
casual and more formal anklets became
fashionable in the late twentieth century.
While in western popular culture both
younger men and women may wear casual
leather anklets, they are popular among
barefoot women. Formal anklets (of silver,
gold, or beads) are used by some women as
fashion jewellery......"Culled from wikipedia" :-/

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Elnino4ladies: 4:41am On Sep 08, 2014
I see them as hoes

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 4:51am On Sep 08, 2014
I believe this message is not for everybody, because some won't stop and for sure if its only one person that reads this and stops then God be praise.
We humans celebrate evil more than light. What I won't advice my sister,my girlfriend,even my wife to wear, then I won't advice anyone to wear it. I know you don't care what people say to you or how they see you coz its your life but dear, decency pays. Ask anybody out there, only an indecent man or man that doesn't take you serious than just wanting s*x can go for you..... Though no one is perfect,but the little way you can show how decent you are the better for you. No bank,recruitment agency,oil firm will ever attend to you talkless giving you that dream job. They just won't take you serious and tell you,you don't belong here. The question now is: why do you wear the foot chain? Believe me those people you want to please don't even care.you can only attract an indecent man like you and not a real man that will see you as God sent. He who has an ear should hear. Its not for everybody but I know someone will change after today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kennz(f): 5:12am On Sep 08, 2014
[quote
author=AfricanApple]hmmm, seriously? could be true but do u have
evidence dat they are lesbians or is it just heresy[/quote]

Check hstry,you'll find out dat its only lesbians dat wear such.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Davaken(m): 5:20am On Sep 08, 2014
ARISTO grin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by moneyhungry(m): 5:22am On Sep 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

Oh whatever shall I do? My imaginary future husband won't approve of what I'm doing! He might even leave me! God knows I can't exist without a man. Oh no, oh no!

Are you understanding me now? I came to this world to make an impact on the world and help the lives of others. That's how I guide my actions. Not to satisfy the prudish, brainwashed mindset of strangers who have no impact on my life. My boyfriend loves me for who I am. If he decided to stop loving me because of a stupid mark on my body, or a piece of jewelry, then he obviously isn't very bright, and I'm better off without him. Trust me, I'm not lacking for suitors.
I see. That your gay boyfriend has fvcked your brains out... you're thinking like a drunk toad now.
definitely, something is fishy about you... either you're gay or your parents are.
dimwit, I will put you in your place.

4 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Tundeiab(m): 5:54am On Sep 08, 2014
AfricanApple: I usually see some girls wear ankle chain and I kinda admire it sometimes as I see it as fashion. but I was told its worn by prostitutes, that its what they use to identify themselves. how true is this besides how do you view girls who wear it.

for those I've seen who wears it, most of them are decent girls, so how come
it is worn by most lesbians. That's their trade mark.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 08, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Lolz... Officer i hail o

No hailings pls. I am on investigative duty. Lol.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by moneyhungry(m): 6:09am On Sep 08, 2014
RedBenson:

Aside this topic, YOU ARE A DIE HARD LESBIAN AND A BISEXUAL. I've two (2) concrete reasons/facts for saying this.
you're right, something is fishy about her just like missmeiya.
them plenty for here and they keep trying to disguise themselves but instead end up deceiving themselves.
bloody homos.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Niseamaka(m): 6:21am On Sep 08, 2014
Articul8: pls,kindly answer dis question. Wld u like ur dad 2 appear like. Charlie Boy?

YES
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by moneyhungry(m): 6:24am On Sep 08, 2014
missmeiya is following ALL the homos on NL and she put a homos name on her signature.
this is not a coincidence, its clear to see.
missmeiya is a transgender and die hard homo claiming to be a girl.
he/she ran to the US (to become a refugee) for legal protection.
I pity for his/her azzhole.
more to come...

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by abatically(m): 6:30am On Sep 08, 2014
Nigeroans, criticizing everything since 1960. What is wrong with an ankle chain? How is if different from hand chain or necklace? But then this is naija, same way they critisize anyone that has a tattoo. Very soon they will say its not our culture.

But wait oo, are jeans, skirts, t shirts, suit, tie, canvas, sunglasses, etc our culture? Whoever says ankle chain or tattoo is not out culture should dress in leaves or tie only wrapper because that is our culture. Last time in checked our grandmothers wore ankle chains back in the day. Well anyone that says it'd not our culture should dress like the picture below to portray our culture.

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Leopantro: 6:31am On Sep 08, 2014
Tribal jewelry in West Africa was
traditionally used to tell a story.
Depending on the culture and
times, jewelry has been
appreciated as a status symbol
or designated as a cultural
affiliation. Anklets were used
for ritual dances, beaded belts
or waist chains were used at
wedding ceremonies and cowrie
shells have even been used as a
form of money.

http://www.unitiqueartfromafrica.com/africa/african_jewelry_history.htm

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Leopantro: 6:34am On Sep 08, 2014
It is not strange, therefore, to
meet an elegantly dressed
woman with aristocratic bearing
on t he streets of Havana and
note somewhere on her person
evidences of primitive beliefs
known throughout Cuba as
"santeria". You may see among
her gold jewelry and
adornments –pure gold pins and
decorations are not uncommon
in Cuba today– a golden sword,
a bow and arrow or a bracelet
of knitted leather with a core of
gold or coral. You may notice
that she is wearing seven
bracelets, or that she has a
small chain on her ankle. All are
symbols of beliey [belief] in
some African god...

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_226-250/doc0234-35.html

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kobonaire(m): 6:53am On Sep 08, 2014
MissMeiya: ...Re: my mom. Thank you so much. She's a very special woman. I want to be as strong and capable as she is one day. She is the pillar of our family, and hers.
I'm pretty sure you already make her proud ... keep up the good work Miss M

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 08, 2014
RedBenson:

Aside this topic, YOU ARE A DIE HARD LESBIAN AND A BISEXUAL. I've two (2) concrete reasons/facts for saying this.
no, I'm not a lesbian. There is a difference between being a lesbian and being bisexual. It's just easy for judgmental People to assume that they are one and the same. Why that is, I don't understand. undecided

Once again, I ain't no lesbian. I am BISEXUAL!! I like it both ways, just that Naija guys ain't one of such that I like but if intelligence and maturity come with it, i'd be elated!!!!

And you said 'die-hard'? Buhahaha!! Really? grin please enlighten me. And concrete/ fact?! grin grin you are funny.

moneyhungry:
you're right, something is fishy about her just like missmeiya.
them plenty for here and they keep trying to disguise themselves but instead end up deceiving themselves.
bloody homos.
what's the disguise? Nothing fishy really. It is what it is, dear! And your attitude on here? Just says a whole lot about you. Well, good for you!! Happy fishing!!!!

@topic: come on!!! Guys with studs I like, when he is cute though!! Hoops on him? It's a no-no. I even like guys that uses all these beaded bracelets. It's so cute. Gold teeth? That looks weird!!!

Good morning!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by DECOtech(m): 6:58am On Sep 08, 2014
ayogabriel: but if my gf wears one, I will not approve of it that doesn't mean am forcing her not to but ...
Yet you don't see it as a big deal.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2014
Leopantro: It is not strange, therefore, to
meet an elegantly dressed
woman with aristocratic bearing
on t he streets of Havana and
note somewhere on her person
evidences of primitive beliefs
known throughout Cuba as
"santeria". You may see among
her gold jewelry and
adornments –pure gold pins and
decorations are not uncommon
in Cuba today– a golden sword,
a bow and arrow or a bracelet
of knitted leather with a core of
gold or coral. You may notice
that she is wearing seven
bracelets, or that she has a
small chain on her ankle. All are
symbols of beliey [belief] in
some African god...

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_226-250/doc0234-35.html

Good bless you!!

Oh, my grandmother up until she died at 83 used these beaded bracelets on her ankle and waist. Well, I used to use beads on my waist then I got tired of it. Jewelry ain't my thing, I even use studs only because I itch easy. Nigerians and their twisted mentality sa. Ah ah! And if you ask now, it's mostly yoruba people saying these things.

When 'osun' clearly come to mind!! Okay, maybe she wasn't just a god then.

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2014
I don't like it one bit. I can't wear or even think of wearing such. For me It's not decent.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kobonaire(m): 7:03am On Sep 08, 2014
moneyhungry: missmeiya is following ALL the homos on NL and she put a homos name on her signature.
this is not a coincidence, its clear to see.
missmeiya is a transgender and die hard homo claiming to be a girl.
he/she ran to the US (to become a refugee) for legal protection.
I pity for his/her azzhole.
more to come...
Actually from your post it's appears you are the one that is obsessively following her. The forum is big enough for us all to peacefully coexist. Why don't you please try and respect your fellow NLers and refrain from needless name calling or bashing people who's life choices you do not agree with.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Omachona: 7:08am On Sep 08, 2014
You wear earrings
Add waist ring join
Do tattoo
Add eye lashes, mascara, nose ring.
Come add ankle chain join.
JAMB QUESTIONS?
If you meet angel Gabriel what will he tell you?
Can you wear that to an interview?
If you die in that condition where will you land? Heaven or satanic palace
Let your moderation be known to all men the Lord is at hand.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by abatically(m): 7:13am On Sep 08, 2014
Omachona: You wear earrings
Add waist ring join
Do tattoo
Add eye lashes, mascara, nose ring.
Come add ankle ring join.
JAMB QUESTIONS?
If you meet angel Gabriel what will he tell you? Can you wear that to an interview?
If you die in that condition where will you land? Heaven or satanic palace
Let your moderation be known to all men the Lord is at hand.

Another myopic reasoning. Can u wear t shirt and shorts to an interview or do u want to tell me u don't wear t shirt and shorts? There are clothes for different occasions. U don't expect to wear suit and tie while going to the gym.

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by charlito94(m): 7:13am On Sep 08, 2014
To me it looks gud, fashion, but most of all to me it doesn't fit all girls. In most. Of d girls it shows a complete okpo in dem while some do it for fashion but most importantly it makes dem look indecent, irresponsible.

Even some married women wear it especially d okpo (ashawo) ones

I don talk ma own oo. Just saying ma mind oo
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by creekman(m): 7:20am On Sep 08, 2014
Dey r Ogbanje. ...lol
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 08, 2014
AriDsexy:
Just as you adviced your cousin to stop wearing it,what is wrong in also talking to a lady your dating to also stop wearing it?Don't tell me if you see a well mannered lady,you won't marry her because she wears an ankle chain?
I am not against or in support of those who wear....I'm just indifferent.
My sister pls get me right; I am not saying that all ladies that wear it are bad, I am only trying to let u ladies know how majority of men and women in Nigeria perceive such fashion accessory on a lady.

Of course the perception maybe wrong, but remember that the whole world live and exist by generalisation and assumption, and me or u can't change it.

If I were a lady, honestly, I would put on any stuff that will send the wrong signal about my personality.

On the issue of advising a girl u are dating, I wouldn't dare do that and I know most enlightened guys won't, why

Because if u advice a lady u are dating not to wear this n that fashion, she would feel u are insecure or too possessive as they have been made to believe by media campaigners, so its safer to advice your sisters who would take it seriously without any negative feeling.

And to wrap it up, majority of Nigerians have negative perception about ladies or girls who wear:

1. Leg chain
2. Ankle chain
3. Visible tattoo
4. Nose piercing
5. Tongue piercing
6. Golden teeth

Forget what some boys or guys are saying here- bla, bla, bla....some claim they are enlightened, exposed, etc...I am sure none of them is more exposed than some guys telling ladies to avoid wearing such....and none of them is more exposed than their fathers who are millionaires, executives, etc that have toured around the world...and none of them here can be more exposed than I am too...anyway, let who has ear listen shaa.

If u can, find time and read through my comments on this thread and u will understand my point better. Goodmorningsmiley

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by ayogabriel(m): 7:24am On Sep 08, 2014
DECOtech: Yet you don't see it as a big deal.
yup, I will not bite her or fight her for putting on one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Come in for your excellently clean Uk(London) grade AA bales of clothes and bags / Mr Nairaland 2016 - Grand Finale / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.