Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,979 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:10 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies (98820 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
chrmn1: LOVE U PASTOR!!!!! Not a member of his chch but I just love ds man!

Ask yourself if you love ur God more than the way you love this pastor? Or is it the other way round?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by degbads(m): 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
lanrefront1:
it is there in print in THIS DAY. THIS DAY says a copy of the suit is in its possessions. I didn't say it. THIS DAY said and its a reputable and BIG newspaper.
Well I guess THIS DAY must be LIEING then. They simply put pen to paper and came out with their own version of the divorce suit filed by Anita lawyers.

Lanre, lanre, lanre na wa o. Let me break it down for you. What we are trying to tell you is that the media houses you are authoritatively quoting are uusually not reliable. On saturday, the sun published on their front page that rev anita accused rev chris of adultery and even went as far as adding tips of how ministers should avoid adultery only for us to find out the next day that adultery wasn't even a part of the allegations. Here you are quoting this day as though God were their CEO, even if they meant well, they can still publish wrong info- hence the concept of retractions. Pls if u bear in mind that media houses thrive on sensationalism and need to sell their wares, you would understand better. I wish u read or believed the bible half as much as you believed the papers, then u would not be so easily deceived

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by oluphilip(m): 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
I am highly disappointed in Chris oyakhilome, how can u claim to be a man of God and treat your wife in this manner?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 10:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
MAYOWAAK: If she was not automatically a "woman of God," why assign her to head a church. Could a woman "of flesh" "pastor" a church of God?

A very good question their daft followers will not take time to reason out.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by degbads(m): 10:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dragonking:
Ask yourself if you love ur God more than the way you love this pastor? Or is it the other way round?

But why should we ask selves such silly questions. We love both, they are not mutually exclusive. The bible teaches that no one can love God without loving his fellow man.

Gosh! I think I am tired of spiritual ignoramuses trying to hold a moral high ground here. Please
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Demainman1: That pst is talking rubbish!

You are a man of God and yet you knowingly married a woman of SATAN. Did God not open your eyes to know that she is not a woman of God? yet you married her for over 15 years.

Yet you made her Vice President of your franchise
Yet you slept with her producing two beautiful daughters
Yet you made her head of the UK branch of your franchise
Yet you allow all your sheep (customers) to be worshipping her all these years. calling her mummy, mummy.

All of a sudden, you now realise she is not a woman of God because she demands for you to man up to your responsibilities.

Tomorrow another idiot/mumu will run to this same man for him to check whether their fiancee/fiance is the right person for them according to 'God'.

I SMH for all the religious mumus ehe!

Well put.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
degbads:

But why should we ask selves such silly questions. We love both, they are not mutually exclusive. The bible teaches that no one can love God without loving his fellow man.

Gosh! I think I am tired of spiritual ignoramuses trying to hold a moral high ground here. Please

Guy u are a brainwashed zoombie and i have been seeing all the trash u been putting up here. Looking at you christians and the way u defend a fraudster that disobeyed the laws of your God is pitiful enough. How can u even call a man 'man of god, when he doesnt obey the commandments of that god' ?

Chris and anita took an oath on ur so called sacred alter and if they divorce, then a big curse will definitely be on that hooligan of a pastor chris as he has failed woefully to portray himself as an example of a sheperd.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by creekman(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Looking at that speech, I think itz majorly addressed to Rev Anita.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
datribune:

WEEP 4 URSELF!. Never hav I read a more manipulative ,conscienceless piece of trash coming frm someone who calls himself a xtian. Pst Chris, a man Xtians all over d world hav put on such a high moral & religious pedestal is alleged in a divorce suit to among other things be having inappropriate relationships wit females in his church, now shamelessly turns around to make disparaging remarks about his wife & accuse her of not being a woman of God & u write dis trash. d press (former allies), nigerians, d world, his wife, her friends, d devil ar all to blame & not himself. It is shameful & utterly contemptible.

1,000likes but so many dumb pastor chris worshippers will not heed to this message.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by cococandy(f): 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
Smarty pants are you saying the videos are doctored?
Or you want him visiting folks from house to house to give them his horses-mouth version before they can get a 'clear' view of things?

Your earlier post talks of jealousy. How petty!
What has jealousy got to do with this?
Those who criticize bad leaders are just plain jealous?
Tell me something grin

In case you didn't know,
It is his mandate to uphold that which he preaches to the public.
Seeing as his words reach so many people and influence so many people.
Seeing as he claim to dine,party and golf with God.
Is it any surprising that the masses would be dissappointed to find out he's not the angel Michael he claims to be?

degbads: 2 reasons why, if you are daft and simple minded enough to believe everything you read in the press, you simply don’t have the intelligence to be rich (at least not yet), you just can’t cut it in business, the authors of the different posts accusing him (and many other posts) didn’t even dignify you enough to put a reasonable link, except to Sahara reporters and the Cable ( i even think say na UK paper before i see .ng for their website url) of all media houses, why? they don't think you are intelligent enough to need one, they doesn’t expect you to examine the facts and develop an informed opinion, they are counting on your illiteracy to go up in arms and condemn a man you know next to nothing about, sadly he is right for the most part
Secondly, if you are successful, you would have come through thick and thin on your road to success, you would have seen a lot, had a lot of people lie against you, defame you wrongly, this shapes your mind, you are more intelligent, you realize that not all that is said about a man is necessarily true and you realize that just like you, this may yet be another person being defamed, you are thus cautious to criticize, you know your words are important and taken seriously, you have the intelligence to examine the facts and the self-restraint to refrain from commenting until you have a reasonable picture of things. Peasants don't have such considerations!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
ogunaofor:

Don't worry the clip is on youtube here it is around the 14th minute he starts his ramblings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gh2_JqLKGw , fake phoneing does not mean speaking good english, again the transcriber may have made mistakes

Wow so the video link of this guy BS is on youtube..Anyways @Gombs am still waiting for you to post the video of the daughter singing and making those statements according to you...bloody liar.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
NOTE:

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
cococandy: Smarty pants are you saying the videos are doctored?
Or you want him visiting folks from house to house to give them his horses-mouth version before they can get a 'clear' view of things?

Your earlier post talks of jealousy. How petty!
What has jealousy got to do with this?
Those who criticize bad leaders are just plain jealous?
Tell me something grin

In case you didn't know,
It is his mandate to uphold that which he preaches to the public.
Seeing as his words reach so many people and influence so many people.
Seeing as he claim to dine,party and golf with God.
Is it any surprising that the masses would be dissappointed to find out he's not the angel Michael he claims to be?

My dear dont waste ur time with all these brainwashed eediots..even if you show them a video of pastor chris having an affair they will still not believe you..Thats what happens when people worship men instead of their Gods.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Mayflowa(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
Blenvado: Back then in the University (BLW) Campus Ministry, we use to say that if serving God was foolishness then we don't want to be wise...!!! After reading some online comments about Pst. Chris, CE members and the Church of Jesus Christ, I only but weep for our generation. This is not an attack on the person of Pst Chris but an attack on the body of Christ whom he represents. If you have ever read the book 'Piercing the Darkness' by Frank Peretti (that book is a must read for every Christian) you will be able to
see the hand writing on the wall. The devil will do anything to pull down the church and this is one of his scheme. He has always been defeated and will always be.

Do u agree Pst. Chris's reply wasn't necessary? In one fall sweep, he had just discredited the wives of several pastors in his ministry who are themselves Pastors ordained by him.

Because, he had a problem with his wife. He had to draw lessons from bible of how less important wives are. Clearly, he shows how bossy he wud be at home and many of such homes end in divorce or communication breakdown.

Is he by any means regreting for empowering women in his ministry many of whom pastor churches and hv men bow to them?

I don't think Rev. Anita shud all be blame for their marriage failings. Is he shud share in the blame too

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by SangoCrusader: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
Fela could not bee more right... Pastor dey enjoy and his flock or sheep will come here and start talking absolute rubbish.

Anyone still going to this church after such allegations is a complete idi*t. The guy is a fraud fellow Nigerians, wake up and smell the coffee!!!

To think that some idi*ts are even paying tithes to this man is infuriating.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mayflowa:

Do u agree Pst. Chris's reply wasn't necessary? In one fall sweep, he had just discredited the wives of several pastors in his ministry who are themselves Pastors ordained by him.

Because, he had a problem with his wife. He had to draw lessons from bible of how less important wives are. Clearly, he shows how bossy he wud be at home and many of such homes end in divorce or communication breakdown.

Is he by any means regreting for empowering women in his ministry many of whom pastor churches and hv men bow to them?

I don't think Rev. Anita shud all be blame for their marriage failings. Is he shud share in the blame too

As head of the house, a man is always responsible for the success or failure of his marriage.. To simply put it; chris has failed as a man over his scattered marriage to anita.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Eruditor: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
What part of EVERYTHING the media fed you with is a lie don't some of you understand?

What part of there is no divorce saga, no adultery accusations, no relationships with workers nonsense don't some of you understand?

Did Paul and Timothy have the same calling? God called Paul personally while Paul raised Timothy a Pastor. The type of pressures Paul will withstand for the gospel is different from what Timothy might be willing to stomach before caving.

That's what he meant by "the fact that God called a man doesn't mean the wife received the same call" so he understands his wife's challenges and has asked us to pray for her as we do him.

I believe some of you just want to believe he did what the media claimed just so you can justify some of the senseless statements you have already made.

A wise man sees danger ahead and finds refuge but a foolish man will trudge on and will pay for his disobedience.

I am warning again.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
SangoCrusader: Fela could not bee more right... Pastor dey enjoy and his flock or sheep will come here and start talking absolute rubbish.

Anyone still going to this church after such allegations is a complete idi*t. The guy is a fraud fellow Nigerians, wake up and smell the coffee!!!

To think that some idi*ts are even paying tithes to this man is infuriating.

Their members or should i say customers also paid gate fee sometimes last year to enable them attend a normal church program.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by femikay149(m): 12:06am On Sep 09, 2014
WinsomeX: PASTOR CHRIS RE-DEFINES WHO A "MAN OF GOD" IS.

Those who have followed the happenings at the Christ Embassy Church (CEC) in recent times have a reason to be concerned. For one thing, the scandals do not cease. For another, being the church that can boast of the largest number of young folks in this country, we should be concerned with what the future hold for both of our country and these young people.

I must quickly commend Christian Oyakhilome for not towing the path of Biodun Fatoyinbo, who promised the public a "robust" reply to the allegation of adultery raised against him but never did. Oyakhilome has given us a reply but it is far from being "robust".

Of all that Chris will have us learn from his below par speech at his church communion service yesterday, it was his unsuccessful effort to redefine who a man of God should be that miffed me the most. Chris will have us believe that a man of God need not be a preacher. Chris will have us believe that a man of God has a different set of rules from those of us ordinary children if God. Chris will have us believe that men of God do no wrong in the bible except for two occasions. Chris will have us understand that when a man of God does something seemingly wrong as the public might see, before God it is OK. Chris wants us to know that his wife is wrong and she, not him, is the one that needs prayers. In other words, Christian Oyakhilome has redefined a new standard for Christian men of God.

Of all the misconceptions of scripture prevalent in Pentecostal churches, it is this false belief of who a man of God truly is that is most worrisome. Under the guise of being men of God all sorts of atrocities are being committed. If you question them, they point you to Moses, Aaron and Mariam. They tell us that though Moses was wrong in marrying an Ethiopian woman, no one should have pointed this wrong out to him. It was in the bid to do this that Mariam and Aaron incurred God's wrath. So in other words men of God can do anything. You should only do as they say but do not do as they do.

Let me make it clear to my readers that the church of Jesus Christ is no longer under Moses. In the time of Moses God permitted hierarchies. Today, Christians are all brethren (Matthew 23:cool. No one is lord and master over anyone. Yes, we have leaders but the leaders themselves are servant-leaders. They lead by example (1Tim4:12).

Interestingly no one is called a man of God in the New Testament. When Paul used the term "man of God" in 1 Timothy 6:11 and 2 Timothy 3:17, he was referring to Christians generally and not to their leaders or a few special folks in church. Jesus himself was called "Son of Man" and if the master himself was Son of Man, who should dare be a "man of God" before him. So what is the biblical basis of its use?

The situation at the Christ Embassy church is becoming desperate and before they hurt themselves, someone needs to halt this. The hundreds of dead folks that died from Rev Jimmy Jones stupidity is still fresh in mind. Unfortunately, Oyakhilome and his church do not belong to the the umbrella body of Pentecostals (PFN) and so are simply a ship left to drift without direction. My concern is still the hundreds of young folks being brain washed by this charlatan that calls himself a man of God. Who will save them?

Spot on

Permit me to use this post as BC Msg on my bb

U juz nailed it

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by datribune: 12:22am On Sep 09, 2014
konfessor: NOTE: this is for christians only especially those who are being led astray and into sinning because of this issue, non christian should please ignore my post. and when i say christians, i mean people who believe the bible and consider it as a standard for living.
also please note that i am not defending anybody and i am as neutral as possible on this matter.

HOSEA 1:2
When the Lord began to speak by Hosea, the Lord said to Hosea:

“Go, take yourself a wife of harlotry
And children of harlotry,
For the land has committed great harlotry
By departing from the Lord.”

Hosea was a prophet of God, and God instructed him to marry a prostitute.The exposition on this is a topic for another day though, but nontheless, this was recorded in the bible.
Now in the days of hosea, many so called "pious " and religious folks who were of the same faith as Hosea will go around sniggering about (just like some self righteous christian folk are doing now -)how the man of God have to go and marry a prostitute and all what not.
Many will judge him and outrightly condemn him...but alas! how foolish they were! and how condemned they ended up! for they condemned themselves with their own mouth when they condemned the man of God and pronounced judgement on themselves when they dared to judge the prophet.

The bible says in Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
when some things happen, we don't know why or for what purpose, we cannot understand what God is doing, but we should know that everything he does is for his greater glory. so we don't have to go and start to condemn or judge pastor chris.
my advice to any true christian : be careful what you say concerning this issue so you don't condemn yourself.

U THINK U AR SMART! U made it 4 Xtians only because u think every Xtian is a zombie dat has been brainwashed. Sorry, u ar wrong. U ar a disgrace to Xtians & Xtianity & u give Xtians a bad name. U hav no qualms in exploiting d gullibility of fellow human beings to shamelessly mislead & manipulate scripture to defend what is wrong.
I ask u is pastor's reaction above to d allegations appropriate?. Pst Chris, a man Xtians all over d world hav put on such a high moral & religious pedestal is alleged in a divorce suit to among other things be having inappropriate relationships wit females in his church & his reaction is to shamelessly manipulate scripture & make disparaging remarks about his wife accusing her of not being a woman of God & people should pray 4 her. Does being a Xtian mean people can't think again?. U need to stop what u ar doing.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by lastpage: 2:36am On Sep 09, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: After reading this.... 'I am now sorry for all pastors' wfe..(una no dey bible for real ooo) Peter's wife, Paul's wife, Oyaks wife etc.

Really, ..and l speak from decades of experience, Pastor's wife should NOT be called a "Pastor" ... except she is "called" to her own "different' Ministry!

Thing is, ...like all women, Wives of Pastors too, sabi "better thing"! grin

Since the late 80's, (compared with previous experiences), Women now flock to marry Pastors! WHY?
[b]Back in the days, most Pastors cant even find a wife because their "profession" (or calling) is such that they are NOT rich, they are "nomadic/migratory" like birds, they are "sacrificing" even to the detriment of themselves and they are "spartan" in lifestyle!

Those are NOT qualities most women admire in a potential husband!grin grin

But since the "advent of these GOSPEL OF MONEY AND LUCRE", women being "smart" as they are, have identified Pastors as a veritable source of MONEY, INFLUENCE AND POWER.... and the result is what we are seeing an example of, in this Pastor Chris saga!

The women marry the Pastor principally because of MONEY, POWER AND INFLUENCE!
*The end-up being called "Mummy X" by those old enough to be their own Mother!
*They are exposed to Riches beyond their dreams!
*In most cases, they are made C.E.O and Patrons of some of the Church "business"! (Read: London Parish! grin ).
*They exercise so much power and authority over families, from being an "obscure person" to a cult-figure!
*And now that "Church" has become a family business, they can pass it on to their offspring!

Now she is crying "WOLF"!
shocked shocked

So, to "CEMENT IT PROPERLY", the wives of Pastors "SIMPLY CALL THEMSELVES"! kiss kiss kiss .... And because their "thieving-Pastor-husband is part of this FRAUD, they simply PLAY ALONG![/b] wink wink

This is what pastor Chris is telling us in this sermon!
He says: I am the one called by God.... it does not mean Anita my wife was also called; She just usurped the position! shocked shocked

Pastor Chris is just stating the OBVIOUS TRUTH that we all know already. Nothing new.

But there are more important question that should (or should not) bother us.
1.) Did he truly abandon his wife and kids for 15years past?
Now, if you marry a Policeman, you knew he would be on duty on Christmas day or Independence day. Ditto, if you marry a Doctor, you knew he would spend endless nights "on call duty". You knew this and you still married them because you knew there are "rewards and benefits" attached to marrying people like that.

REWARDS/BENEFITS = DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES

So, if you married an INTERNATIONAL PASTOR, you'd expect that he would be ON TOUR, most of the time.

*Is this what Pastor Chris is referring to as "Abandonment" for 15years?
Or is she saying that they were SEPARATED (as a prelude to divorce) for the past 15years?

*Come to think of it, if your husband is based in Lagos, why do you DECIDE to Pastor a Church in London? (albeit a branch of same church)
*Did he FORCE HER to remain in London or was it her choice?

I think a "good wife" would say "Wherever you go, l go! Your people, are my people and together we will live together"; right?

Again, if they have been "DE FACTO SEPARATED for the past 15years as she claimed, WHAT HAS CHANGED NOW, THAT REQUIRES A COURT DIVORCE TO SETTLE?
*Is she just thinking its time to "cut-out" her share of the common wealth?
*Is this about Money and Power?
*How did she survive 15years in London without her husband yet we see her picture "holding hands lovingly" with Pastor Chris, on their pamphlets and Church adverts? Were they "together" deceiving the whole world, all this while? angry angry

I read that "Pastor"Anita says her husband ridicules her (or does not elevate her properly) within the Church circles:
I think for a "Woman of God", this is a very vain thing to say. You humble yourself and wait on God to elevate you!
Or is she trying to "outshine" the one that was actually called?
*Is this a Power struggle between her and Pastor Chris?

Another important surprise to me is WHY DID SHE CHOSE LONDON TO APPLY FOR THIS DIVORCE?
*Were they married in London?
*Does this have to do with the "Oyinbo Mentality" of denigrating husbands" once the issue of divorce arises?

*Does this have to do with "greed" since the "Western Courts" are known to pauperise the man, in the event of a divorce?

*What exactly does she intend to gain from this Court divorce?
*Is she planning to re-marry again or she just wants to "rid her name and memory" of anything that has to do with Pastor Chris (if thats the case, she must hate him a lot!)
If she is not planning on re-marrying (which is her right by the way), why 'rock the boat' and destroy their carefully crafted and cultivated "public image"?

*Is she already in a romantic relationship with another man and still being "legally married" to Chris constitutes an "obstacle" to taking it to the next level (women with absentee husbands are notorious for such behavior anyway)

*If it is true that she did actually donate a million Dollars in a "charity event" then we can conclude that its not as if Pastor Chris is not taking good care of her and the children, financially (He has more than enough to do that anyway, Tithes and Offerings don suffer!)

*Since she never used the word "adultery" in the divorce summons (probably for lack of "hard-copy" PROOF like a document or video), is she saying that they have not been having 'ShEX' in the last few years and if that is so, did the Bible not admonish spouses not to deprive each other of such needs?
*And if that is the case, does she not expect that "He would be getting it from somewhere" as "body no-be firewood"? And l guess she too have needs in that area and would prolly have found a "way-out" as well. wink

There is so much for Pastor Chris to "address" instead of telling his members to "become Zombies" and just pray! grin grin

I dont give a two-fingers about both of them, l see the whole issue as "business-gone-bad".

It is the "Zombie followers" that l really pity.
Like most Church-goers, they are not even ready to OBEY the Bible that admonishes us to "EXAMINE all spirits and teachings and hold-on to that which is TRUE".

Questioning ANYTHING your Pastor tells you is your "Christianly DUTY"!
It does not make you an unbeliever, infact, it makes you a discerning Christian, one that is not moved or swayed by all manner of "blowing currents" of false-teachings!

I salute o! grin grin

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by lastpage: 3:00am On Sep 09, 2014
konfessor: NOTE: this is for christians only especially those who are being led astray and into sinning because of this issue, non christian should please ignore my post. and when i say christians, i mean people who believe the bible and consider it as a standard for living.
also please note that i am not defending anybody and i am as neutral as possible on this matter.

HOSEA 1:2
When the Lord began to speak by Hosea, the Lord said to Hosea:

“Go, take yourself a wife of harlotry
And children of harlotry,
For the land has committed great harlotry
By departing from the Lord.”

Hosea was a prophet of God, and God instructed him to marry a prostitute.The exposition on this is a topic for another day though, but nontheless, this was recorded in the bible.
Now in the days of hosea, many so called "pious " and religious folks who were of the same faith as Hosea will go around sniggering about (just like some self righteous christian folk are doing now -)how the man of God have to go and marry a prostitute and all what not.
Many will judge him and outrightly condemn him...but alas! how foolish they were! and how condemned they ended up! for they condemned themselves with their own mouth when they condemned the man of God and pronounced judgement on themselves when they dared to judge the prophet..

Sir, l am sorry to say, YOU HAVE COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD AND MISINTERPRETED THIS BIBLE PASSAGE! shocked shocked shocked

You have taken the passage OUT OF CONTEXT!
Your interpretation completely at variance with what God was saying to Hosea.

The mistake we all make when we read the Bible is that we read it like a Novel or Textbook, forgetting that the Bible is "one complete book" with a "theme and goal".

Now, for the whole of the book of Hosea, God was addressing, metaphorically, through Prophet Hosea, what HE is observing and what he will do to Israel in due course.
Israel is the "prostitute woman", figuratively, married to Hosea (God)

Just "input" that into what you are reading as your read this Book of Hosea and the whole purpose will become glaring.

Again, you need to read more than a chapter or verse to get the "big picture", when God is speaking figuratively, as He does in most cases in the Bible.
Chapter One talks about Israel and the children of Israel (Hosea's wife and her Children)
Chapter Two talks about how "She is punished and restored"
Chapter Three speaks about Hosea's reconciliation with his wife (God's reconciliation with Israel)

Note that in Chapter One, God gave "specific names" to Hosea to name his children
(Jezreel - I will put an end to the kingdom of Israel;
Lo-Ruhamah - I will no longer show love to the house of Israel.....
Lo-Ammi - For you (Israelites) are not my people and l am not your God..

These are the "context" of the whole Book Of Hosea.
I enjoin you to read the whole Book in this "context" and tell me if you think l got it wrong.

Cheers;

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Jaglieski: 3:23am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs: those media houses with incompetent sources should take note and put in in their front pages o

Source: September Global Communion Service

God bless Pastor Chris.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Bobby4090: 4:28am On Sep 09, 2014
Jaglieski:

God bless Pastor Chris.

Bless him for what? For wrecking his own marriage or for introducing mastuurbation and self servicing to his church members?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Muscomide: 5:29am On Sep 09, 2014
Dragonking:

As head of the house, a man is always responsible for the success or failure of his marriage.. To simply put it; chris has failed as a man over his scattered marriage to anita.

What nonsense! It takes two to tango.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Jaglieski: 5:32am On Sep 09, 2014
Bobby4090:

Bless him for what? For wrecking his own marriage or for introducing mastuurbation and self servicing to his church members?

Why e be say Na my post u feel like quote.....[in 2baba's voice]=> E don dey nadt abi?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by singlesconnect: 5:38am On Sep 09, 2014
Serious minded ladies desirous of settling down as soon as possible should link up. A man ready for marriage wants to meet you.

The lady must be focussed.
Ambitious
Between 25 and 29
From any tribe but must be accommodating and in tune with Yoruba culture a bit.
Be ready to settle down and understands what the marriage institution is.

If you are the lucky Lady, send your details to. Singlemates4u@gmail.com and trust us to do the linking!

Singles Connect
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 09, 2014
smokeydrinky: And what did he have to say?

A bunch of rambling nonsense.

This is why I don't go to church.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by CHOGON1: 6:28am On Sep 09, 2014
OUR FUMIGATION SCOPE OF SERVICES INCLUDES;

1. Misting and fogging of the entire School surroundings (inside and outside), Class room blocks, Rest rooms, Staff rooms, Hostels , Offices to destroy different larval and pupas stages of pests using swing fog machine

2. Spraying of the above-mentioned area to get rid of pests, pathogens and other specifics anthropoids using manual and motorizes sprayers
Deratisation and baiting of all specific (Linnaeus species etc )

Remove those sickening Pests and Bugs from the school premises , hostels and offices through our Fumigation and Pest Control Services.

Our solutions assist in the effective prevention of pest in household and commercial premises like Residence, Hotels, Resorts, Ware houses, and Commercial Complexes. We experts are proficient in identifying all kinds of infestations and provide solutions accordingly. The service comprises of:

Cockroach Management Service
• Use of efficient medicines and sprays control cockroaches and other insects in a very short span of time.
Rodent Management Service
• Sanitation and correction of sanitation deficiencies are given utmost focus which is basic in rodent control. Advice is given for elimination of food sources with good sanitation practices that prevent the increase in rodent population.

General Pest Management Service
• With proper waste management as well as drainage of still water we help in prevention of breeding ground of many pests at the clients premises.

For more details and bookings pls call
+2348072292381
+2348129190315
info@chogonfacilities.com

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by abysirius(m): 6:32am On Sep 09, 2014
hungryboy: hey bro calm down, look at yourself in that mirror on your wall,
Pastor Chris has been using your 10% tithes to wear italian suits and hair creams,
and u still love him
he has given u nothing in return,
That scammer with a bible is whom u love and defend,
dude get yourself a new lover,
that guy has been cheating on u
Blasphemy!..pls be careful or how are u so sure?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by prologue: 6:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

Really? They heal the sick?
They have about 25 million brethren nworldwide?
They publish a daily devotional in 423 languages In all nations of the world?
They talk about Christ?

Go sleep abeg

Pride... what does it take to translate into 432 language?
Most of CE are sensual. I remember d dude from a warri branch... tall dark dude with jerry curls... said he has improved in physical looks. Anyone can heal the sick. do u know about induced healing?
Apart from a pastor in Aguda, surulere (heard he left)n another I attended in Gombe.... most others are cheap copy n desperate imitations. ( from the ones I have attended)
back to the matter.... Can't u see from the message that Anita is been reduced? can any of u ask why?
plz, stop n think

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply)

TB Joshua Died The Day He Asked For Bank Account To Pay N200m Ransom – Teacher / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / Pastor EA Adeboye: Biography, Age, Family, History Of Rccg And Many More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.