Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,045 members, 7,849,220 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies (98759 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by abysirius(m): 6:38am On Sep 09, 2014
CityNG:

A bunch of rambling nonsense.

This is why I don't go to church.
You need an encounter with Christ. We don't go to church to see d pastor or any other man for that matter. We go to the house of God to see Jesus. Looking unto HIm the author and finisher of our faith.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 09, 2014
akagaba:
And i can see how much of God's wisdom u have. U who claim that its an unfortunate thing that people are seeing and calling ths whole situation an attack on d body of Christ!! I guess u have a contrary Opinion, to u, Its God's way of exposing falsehood and bringing secret to light! So u have already judged Pst chris by ur opinion!!U see why God will 1st judge and punish people like u! For being quick to judge and yet preaching his wisdom wen u urself is not guided by his wisdom!! Im just sorry for U! Ur end is a horrible one unless u seek God's forgiveness!! U ar really jobless and irrelevant!
ur being quick 2 abuse is unchristlike.. I don't fight u.. but ur spewing of venoms in words at pple for a man who wld not even lyk d character n way u go about spewing uncalled utterances butchering situations at ppl who myt rearly wanna regard ur behaviour bcus of d manner u go about it ,is even disdaining 2 ur image as a CE member.. lady..set ur tounge ryt.. d end wld justify d means...be a little calm 4 now, u ar not d accused...n accusations does not make anytin ryt or wrong.... my candid opinion...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 7:24am On Sep 09, 2014
prologue:
Pride... what does it take to translate into 432 language?

How many have you done? Hater!

Most of CE are sensual.

The feeling is mutual

remember d dude from a warri branch... tall dark dude with jerry curls... said he has improved in physical looks.

Pastor Siji Dara...wonderful Man of God..and he's by far better looking than u

Anyone can heal the sick.

How many have u healed?

do u know about induced healing?

How many have you induced?

Apart from a pastor in Aguda, surulere (heard he left)n another I attended in Gombe.... most others are cheap copy n desperate imitations. ( from the ones I have attended)
back to the matter

Are you sure you are completely ok?

... Can't u see from the message that Anita is been reduced? can any of u ask why?

Can't you see her picture behind the devotional? Can any of u ask why?

plz, stop n think

Yeah, pls stop and think
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by GLOBALX: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2014
It's funny though the rate at which Nigerian's defend their pastors.See, don't be deceived at all.I heard from a reliable source about a Pastor who was bleeping a friend's chic living with the pastor's family 24/7.The lady later confessed to my paddy and he had to move her out.My point is dat deep knowledge of the Scripture and the ability to teach extensively does not determine the exact level of spirituality and connectivity with God.
Don't be deceived people...you only know yourself so stop been overly sensitivity about your pastor.He is human and can err.
Also,this overly misused " I'm a man of God" thing sometimes is a deliberate method to instill fear into people's mind so you can't ask questions.The scriptural men of God that we all read about today in the bible did lived the exact opposite lifestyle of what most assumed men of God of our time are living now.
Many will say "But Lord,in thy name we cast out demons and healed the sick but he shall say unto them,I know ye not you workers of iniquity".
If your pastor messes up,let him clear his mess and don't come here fighting tooth and nail for a man you probably see only for few hours on Sunday and you don't know what he does for the rest of the week.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 7:30am On Sep 09, 2014
Muscomide:

What nonsense! It takes two to tango.

Stop talking fo0lishly..it takes two to tango but someone has a greater responsibility to ensure that the family is okay..Abi your bible said that a man that cannot take care of his family is worse than an infidel.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by femikay149(m): 7:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Religion : Worshiping the Created

Xtianity : Believing the Creator

The former is common on this thread

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Dragonking: 7:52am On Sep 09, 2014
Jaglieski:

God bless Pastor Chris.

Pastor anita nko?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by succyreal(m): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2014
After following and reading those comments and seeing those numbers of likes. l want to pass my judgment

75% are for Anita
25% are for Chris

My advise for them is that they should take the right step in anything they are doing. And secondly this should serve as a lesson to other.

Chris is not acting as a real man of God by his comment and Anita shouldn't have brought this mess to the public cos a lot of misinterpretation will surly come out putting their family, Christ embassy and Christianity in total confusion.
since Jesus is the head of the Christians, I believe He knows the best.
Above all every evil secrecy shall be exposed.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by prologue: 7:57am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

How many have you done? Hater!

The feeling is mutual

Pastor Siji Dara...wonderful Man of God..and he's by far better looking than u

How many have u healed?

How many have you induced?

Are you sure you are completely ok?

Can't you see her picture behind the devotional? Can any of u ask why?

Yeah, pls stop and think

Hater? I have given severally for ROR. an active partner. Using the word hater reveals so much.
Anything rebuke is seen as "hate" and perceiving me with degradation is obvious.
Healing? not me. Jesus. as a cell leader I prayed and Jesus healed. Thank God for the Aguda CE then.
Jesus still heals thr. us.
for Siji looking better... yes. am indeed ugly. what a comparison. Just that Jesus loves me and didn't look at my profound ugliness before the gift of Salvation. Emphasis on physical beauty as a benefit shift standards n waters down the essence.
I will be straight with you. There is a trend of permissiveness that erodes core Christian values and focus on sensual proclivities.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 8:16am On Sep 09, 2014
GLOBALX: It's funny though the rate at which Nigerian's defend their pastors.See, don't be deceived at all.I [size=16pt]had[/size] from a reliable source about a Pastor who was bleeping a friend's chic living with the pastor's family 24/7.The lady later confessed to my paddy and he had to move her out.My point is dat deep knowledge of the Scripture and the ability to teach extensively does not determine the exact level of spirituality and connectivity with God.
Don't be deceived people...you only know yourself so stop been overly sensitivity about your pastor.He is human and can err.
Also,this overly misused " I'm a man of God" thing sometimes is a deliberate method to instill fear into people's mind so you can't ask questions.The scriptural men of God that we all read about today in the bible did lived the exact opposite lifestyle of what most assumed men of God of our time are living now.
Many will say "But Lord,in thy name we cast out demons and healed the sick but he shall say unto them,I know ye not you workers of iniquity".
If your pastor messes up,let him clear his mess and don't come here fighting tooth and nail for a man you probably see only for few hours on Sunday and you don't know what he does for the rest of the week.

I stopped reading when I got to the enlarged...u guys are Really amazing sha...so we should not listen to Pastor Chris but you guys? undecided

Hillarious grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2014
prologue:

Hater? I have given severally for ROR. an active partner. Using the word hater reveals so much.
Anything rebuke is seen as "hate" and perceiving me with degradation is obvious.
Healing? not me. Jesus. as a cell leader I prayed and Jesus healed. Thank God for the Aguda CE then.
Jesus still heals thr. us.
for Siji looking better... yes. am indeed ugly. what a comparison. Just that Jesus loves me and didn't look at my profound ugliness before the gift of Salvation. Emphasis on physical beauty as a benefit shift standards n waters down the essence.
I will be straight with you. There is a trend of permissiveness that erodes core Christian values and focus on sensual proclivities.

Eyaaaaaa!
grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by tenajtek(f): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2014
If being a member of Christ Embassy is wrong, i don't want to be right! Deal with it!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2014
tenajtek: If being a member of Christ Embassy is wrong, i don't want to be right! Deal with it!

Gbam, if I ever, ever find myself leaving CEC, , I'd be heading straight to atheism!....now, they should really deal with it wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by PastorKun(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

Gbam, if I ever, ever find myself leaving CEC, , I'd be heading straight to atheism!....now, they should really deal with it wink

You are already an atheist. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

I once used the same words but you know what... The truth will come crawling in someday, trust me

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by prologue: 8:46am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

Eyaaaaaa!
grin

There is noticeable progress. No more dissecting of each statement n making adumbration.
mission accomplished. worded n empty in spirit. further discuss would be futile.
you can't separate righteous living n Christian life.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 9:05am On Sep 09, 2014
PastorKun:

You are already an atheist. tongue

Are you related to one moniker Mr Olodo on nairaland?

If being in CEC depicts atheism, I'm proud to be one wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 9:11am On Sep 09, 2014
prologue:

There is noticeable progress. No more dissecting of each statement n making adumbration.
mission accomplished. worded n empty in spirit. further discuss would be futile.
you can't separate righteous living n Christian life.

Are you related to Hon. Patrick Obiagbhon?... if not, can u please make your grammar a bit simple? And try to use complete sentences (or manageably a sentence) not phrases in communicating your view.

Thank me later
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by tripleace(m): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2014
Do on to others as you want others to do to you. I read some post and wonder how hatred is so prevalent among people. Remember that you will also be judged.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 9:20am On Sep 09, 2014
Lobeez:

I once used the same words but you know what... The truth will come crawling in someday, trust me

Till then! grin

Fraudster
Scammer
Fake healer
False prophet
Juju man
Now adultery.... bro, av seen it all...this one compare to the NBC and Atmosphere for miracle saga is a child's play....preachers thn organise tv show, banner, bil boards, flyers etc just to nail Pastor Chris....bros eh, even if Pastor Chris comes now and say "I no do again", I still will not be moved.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2014
abysirius: You need an encounter with Christ. We don't go to church to see d pastor or any other man for that matter. We go to the house of God to see Jesus. Looking unto HIm the author and finisher of our faith.

Your father needs an encounter with Christ.

Fvck you and your religious bigotry.

You need salvation more than I do, you misguided odd toed troglodyte.

Don't you ever in your life preach shiat to me ever again on Nairaland.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Boss13: 9:35am On Sep 09, 2014
I am not bothered about whether Chris Oyakhilome is a MOG (as far as I am concerned, there are no MOG in this world), I am not bothered about whether he sleeps with his female members or having a divorce. I am bothered because he is a leader and should be careful of his utterances and behaviours. A man who do not have time for his family but talks about family commitment to his members, is a fraudster. You lead by example, you show your congregation what is takes to build a family and not just by talking about it.

Anita Oyakhilome has every right to petition for divorce even if Chris is not having inappropriate relationship (the new work for adultery) with female members. A man who ignores his family responsibilities has sinned against God whether he is a preacher or a MOG or a regular person walking the earth surface. Chris should stop coining words that are insulting to his wife and family. He should first realize, he has made a mistake and try to make amends. According to Chris, his wife Anita, is being advised by bad friends. Anita does not need even a cat to explain to her that she is not enjoying her marriage.

Chris Oyakhilome must know the meaning of responsibility and understand that he is responsible for a lot of people and that, even though, he is still a man, many people perceive him to be above flesh. If he cannot put his house in order, I will not be surprise if a multiplier effect of broken homes springs forth from members of Christ Embassy.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by GLOBALX: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

I stopped reading when I got to the enlarged...u guys are Really amazing sha...so we should not listen to Pastor Chris but you guys? undecided

Hillarious grin
Typo error...pardon my mistake.Hope u got the message and not the mistake. grin grin.
Listen to God and not any pastor.Study to show thyself approved......not waiting on any pastor to clean ur mess.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2014
GLOBALX:
Typo error...pardon my mistake.Hope u got the message and not the mistake. grin grin.
Listen to God and not any pastor.Study to show thyself approved......not waiting on any pastor to clean ur mess.

i wasn' concerned about they typo, but the "I heard from a reliable source" ...that's a trademark for rumour...or ammebo.... or Aproko... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by datribune: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs: Aint it funny to note that adultery is no longer the crux of the matter but the fact that he 'abandoned' his wife for 16 years.

Keep changing stories grin grin

Ar u always dis clueless?. Of course adultery is another one of d many serious grounds of d divorce suit. If in a divorce suit a married man is alleged to be having inappropriate relationships wit females does not imply adultery, giv me ur interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 09, 2014
What kinda Pastor is this who leaves apart from his wife and children for 16 years running! This, really, is the issue!! This is what he needs to address!! His wife is just reacting to neglect and apparent abandonment by her husband - fix that and he is largely"home and dry"!!! Women are created to be reactive - they are reactors. A woman reacts to the acts of her husband!!! Indeed true that many in that day will be shut out of heaven by God notwithstanding their pleas that they did mighty works in the name of Jesus!! (Lk.13:24-30.). He is advised to let someone else run the church for now while he embarks on a spiritual retreat to try and salvage what remains of his marriage and family than harassing the press who are paid to keep making sellable news out of the situation! The Bible is clear -" HUSBAND of one wife..." (1 Tim.3:1-7.) - this suggests that the home comes before ministry - very basic - elementary!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by lexy2014: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:
grin grin... Kunle o! Anyways,

7 things to know about Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Before you can talk down my Pastor,you must have done the following:

1. Publish a daily devotional of 423 languages circulated in 352 countries and territories and price is #150 since a decade with impeccable print

2. Train and develop leaders and Pastors who are capable to do what you do.

3. Hold a crusade which gathered over 2.5million people in just one night.

4. Take hundreds of homeless,abandoned and helpless children off the street and send them to school without charity support, but partnership of brethren.

5. Organise an annual conference for Ministers outside your ministry from all around the world

6. Conduct healing program for sick people without collecting a fee.

7. Several annual community development services and projects for countries without the government's financial support

?.... you have not been able to win you tithe debate on nl, and yet you hating! Wait for the details, am typing it from the video...might even put up the youtube video after am done uploading... no get Hypertension o grin

were u CE folks get things wrong is that u arent objective but take everything pastor chris tells u hook line and sinker. its unfortunate what is happening in his marriage but then again i believe a lot of people outside CE felt sorry and wished a happy ending. we all make mistakes and unfortunate things happen to all of us irrespective of our spiritual maturity and one would have expected pastor chris to acknowledge this instead he was blaming pastor anita for the problem. 1 timothy 3:4-5 is very clear about how he is to manage his family considering d fact that he is a shepherd. if pastor anita isnt a woman of God, then what was she when she was running the UK church of CE and VP of BLW? if pastor chris didnt want his wife 2b heard then y make her a pastor? the reason the wives of prophets and apostles werent heard in d bible is simply cos they didnt make their wives pastors and VPs in their ministries as pastor chris did. y would he in d first spend alot of time away from his wife and family all in d name of ministry? marriage was made for companionship.i dont c how pastor chris engendered companionship with his attitude. what moral authority does he now have to resolve marital issues among his members? thank God for all his accomplishments u mentioned but dont forget Luke 13:25-27. the Bible remains d standard and not pastor chris. let he that thinks he stand take heed lest he falls.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by IykeChukz(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2014
Lolz, dealing with a great World Class Orator? You're such a loser!

Just like provoking Obama... I dey craze?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by shdemidemi(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2014
Gombs:

This is the main reason why chris might not succumb to admitting he is as man as a man can ever be- fallible/prone to error. If the man dare say the truth by admitting he did wrong, people like Gombs might not stop at becoming atheist, some might take their own lives. That is how much their faith is anchored by their denomination and even worse, their pastors.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2014
lexy2014:

were u CE folks get things wrong is that u arent objective but take everything pastor chris tells u hook line and sinker. its unfortunate what is happening in his marriage but then again i believe a lot of people outside CE felt sorry and wished a happy ending. we all make mistakes and unfortunate things happen to all of us irrespective of our spiritual maturity and one would have expected pastor chris to acknowledge this instead he was blaming pastor anita for the problem. 1 timothy 3:4-5 is very clear about how he is to manage his family considering d fact that he is a shepherd. if pastor anita isnt a woman of God, then what was she when she was running the UK church of CE and VP of BLW? if pastor chris didnt want his wife 2b heard then y make her a pastor? the reason the wives of prophets and apostles werent heard in d bible is simply cos they didnt make their wives pastors and VPs in their ministries as pastor chris did. y would he in d first spend alot of time away from his wife and family all in d name of ministry? marriage was made for companionship.i dont c how pastor chris engendered companionship with his attitude. what moral authority does he now have to resolve marital issues among his members? thank God for all his accomplishments u mentioned but dont forget Luke 13:25-27. the Bible remains d standard and not pastor chris. let he that thinks he stand take heed lest he falls.

save your essays for the "true Christians"

next time, employ the use of Paragraphs.

thank me later smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Eruditor: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2014
1 Corinthians 7:29 GNT

What I mean, my friends, is this: there is not much time left, and from now on married people should live as though they were not married;

Boy, these people are not willing to listen to the truth and would rather the lie was true just so that they could feel that everyone is at the same level.

The reason he said they didn't mention any Apostles wife's name in the bible is because the bible played more emphasis on the ministry work than on family.

Pastor Chris cannot leave the assignment God gave him just to satisfy a few 'overly' hurt emotions. Somethings some minsters of God do will look crazy to the natural man who doesn't see with the eyes of the spirit.

He is the husband of one wife, a father of 2 beautiful daughters. All the stories being peddled are blatant lies.

I can't count the amount of times he has had to call people by (2-4)AM of the early mornings and I wonder when or if he ever sleeps. That's how busy he is- probably busier than the president.

This man doesn't come to church, teach, pray and go home. He is not a preacher. Sometimes he could be left alone for days just fasting and praying to God for people. He is a MOG.

I wish you could see how dark his knee knuckles are because of constantly kneeling in deep prayers and groanings. He didn't call himself; God called him.

I will never wish to be a MOG like Pastor Chris. The work is too difficult. How he copes, only God knows.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Addresses The Whole Media Hype And Lies by Gombs(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2014
shdemidemi:

This is the main reason why chris might not succumb to admitting he is as man as a man can ever be- fallible/prone to error. If this man dare say the truth, people like Gombs might not stop at becoming atheist, some might take their own lives. That is how much their faith is anchored by their denomination and even worse, their pastors.

grin grin
I gree, oya, roll over

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

South African Pastor Strips Members During 'church service' / TB Joshua Died The Day He Asked For Bank Account To Pay N200m Ransom – Teacher / Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.