Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... (5466 Views)

My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK / CBN Grants Wema Bank National License / Wema Bank Nigeria To Close 17 Branches. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
I Read a thread about a guy complaining about. Gtb internet banking, #smiles... What has he seen Abeg make e come try WEMA BANK...

Normally, whenever I have a transaction to carry out involving a third party, and they ask me where should I deposit the money and I tell them Wema bank, the look of surprise dat comes from them is always annoying, the next question they ask is abeg, where dat bank dey sef Dem still dey function D first time someone told me that stuff, I felt he was looking for an excuse not to pay me d money owed...

Fast forward to August, I went into a Wema bank branch to ask if my account could receive an amount of money cos I wasn't sure it could becos it was opened for me by the federal Govt during my NYSC, I asked d customer care executive if my account could handle d Cash, she said YES... Fast forward to 2 days later... I received a call from Wema Bank telling me my account was a moment account and I needed to convert it, I told d caller I was at der branch earlier to confirm if I could receive such amount and I was told YES... So where is all dis coming from, she said I just needed to convert d account dat it couldn't...

Lesson 1: The bank is a scam, they just want to receive your money without following due process...

Okay, I went back to d bank and took all d details d caller told me to carry along for d conversion, on getting der I told the rep. I wanted to convert my account from a moment acct to a saving account, she gave me a form to fill, which I did, asked for my utility bill and some other things, which I gave her... After going thru d whole process, I asked her if I could go since I have completed d form and submitted d document she asked for, she said YES... Some hours later, I received another call from WEMA bank telling me I need to bring my passport photograph... I was so pissed cos I had already left the area, I had to leave what I was doing to go back to the bank...

Lesson 2: the bank has incompetent people
as staffs

Even after d conversion, I didn't receive an alert if it was successful or not, the useless bank just kept mute, I had to go back to the branch to ask if it was successful, luckily for me, it was...

The last straw that broke the Camels back was
a week after dat, I went to this same WEMA bank to print my statement of account, after filling a form i was told to go and see a man behind d counter to print d statement for me, on getting der, the man told me to sit down, I was der for close to 30 minutes, waiting, hoping very soon my Statement would be printed... Later i was told the printer was faulty, that they couldn't print my statement, after wasting 30minutes of my life... I was so disappointed, I had to go look for another branch somewhere at pansheke, Abeokuta to get my account statement printed... What I am saying is 2 weeks ago o, till now, the printer is still faulty...

Lastly my debit card was about to expire, no message to warn me, but if na to say i withdraw money, dem hand Dey fast send message o! as if that was not enuff when I needed there online banking platform to work, iro o! All I could get was a message telling me

Transaction Failed because your transaction is not permitted on this channel... Imagine Bank wey be say na needle and thread we take use hold d camel back before, na hin come still dey do this one... I tire for all dis Naija banks o!

U can share your banking experiences with this so called banks of ours...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by bigtt76(f): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Your ATM cannot expire dear ...rather your bank debit card does grin nor vex ya.

Ilcomment l8r.

1 Like

Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
bigtt76: Your ATM cannot expire dear ...rather your bank debit card does grin nor vex ya.

Ilcomment l8r.

Thank u, will correct dat...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by Burger01(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Wema bank still dey exist
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 5:40am On Sep 08, 2014
Burger01: Wema bank still dey exist

Brother, d bank still dey exist o!
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by Ayo001: 6:39am On Sep 08, 2014
Diamond bank self na rubbish. This bank of a $hiተ once held my money for than three weeks on several occasions and right now the same thing is happening. The funniest part of it is that i used a wema bank ATM to withdraw my cash on the 19th of august, it was debited from my account but didn't come out of their machine. Another also happened last week Tuesday using a skye bank ATM. Both are yet to be refunded by diamond bank.
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 08, 2014
i think wema bank will be one of the banks to come under recapitalization by the CBN very soon
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by jaydee87(m): 7:00am On Sep 08, 2014
makeitsoon: i think wema bank will be one of the banks to come under recapitalization by the CBN very soon

Don't think so.....
GTBank for me is the worst so far. Reason: in 2012 my master card expired around September or so, I applied for a new one a month before cos unprecedented issues as a online marketer who does dealing online and pay with my card for goods you won't believe d cco. told that me my card will be ready the following month cos they can't issue a card when one still exist I reasoned with the reason and went back home.
the following month I went to apply for a new and was asked to come back in a weeks time which I did on getting there I was told its not ready that I should come back upper week, to cut the story short after a month I dint get my card and my money has been deducted I no complain cos I dey hope say e go ready soon but to my surprise after 2 months I was told I have to go down to where I opened the account far away north and bank deducted money the said debit card twice and I no even see the card till date. I lost money cos I cud not do business for over 3 month until I decided to port.
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 5:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Infact, what I hate most about this bank is dat der customer service is so poor, chai.. While trying to resolve my Issue with Wema bank 2day, omo!!! I no even know wetin happen, d customer care woman just left d banking hall like that, Fiam!!! No excuse, not even a reason for wanting to leave, and I can tell u, she didn't come back for close to 30minutes... E be like say make I stone her with Ako okuta (all those shiny stones)... Who does that

Na hin one woman for counter they tell me say make I go download wema online dey use, I just shake my head dey look am with pity...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
makeitsoon: i think wema bank will be one of the banks to come under recapitalization by the CBN very soon

I hope so, d bank is soo Fvcked...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ayo001: Diamond bank self na rubbish. This bank of a $hiተ once held my money for than three weeks on several occasions and right now the same thing is happening. The funniest part of it is that i used a wema bank ATM to withdraw my cash on the 19th of august, it was debited from my account but didn't come out of their machine. Another also happened last week Tuesday using a skye bank ATM. Both are yet to be refunded by diamond bank.

Infact out of my fit of annoyance, I sent them a mail saying I was going to sue them... Omo, if dem talk bring it on, na die I dey be dat o!!! grin
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by xeeno: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2014
CountSparrow, please what branch did this happen?
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2014
Sorry brother but I share an entirely different view. Although they have had their downtimes, but on a scale of 1-10, I'll give them 7.

Reasons: I opened my Wema account alongside Access. I have never used Access after reading about them giving their employees packets of sugar as gifts.
I also opened my Wema account with my school id several years ago. No utility bill or whatsoever. I use this same account to buy stuffs online and one countless occasions receive wire transfer.

On one occasion my money got stuck online. I turned to UBA which I have been using for almost 5 years and I had money there too. Unfortunately, the money also got stuck.

All I needed to do was called Wema purple connect and in 2days my money was refunded, as opposed to UBA that took 2weeks.

I think you should always call purple connect if you have any issues. I hardly go to the banking hall.

1 Like

Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 1:18am On Sep 23, 2014
xeeno: CountSparrow, please what branch did this happen?

The branch in front of CBN, abeokuta..
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 1:19am On Sep 23, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX: Sorry brother but I share an entirely different view. Although they have had their downtimes, but on a scale of 1-10, I'll give them 7.

Reasons: I opened my Wema account alongside Access. I have never used Access after reading about them giving their employees packets of sugar as gifts.
I also opened my Wema account with my school id several years ago. No utility bill or whatsoever. I use this same account to buy stuffs online and one countless occasions receive wire transfer.

On one occasion my money got stuck online. I turned to UBA which I have been using for almost 5 years and I had money there too. Unfortunately, the money also got stuck.

All I needed to do was called Wema purple connect and in 2days my money was refunded, as opposed to UBA that took 2weeks.

I think you should always call purple connect if you have any issues. I hardly go to the banking hall.

What can u say about a whole bank not having a functioning printer, had to travel to Lag to get my SOA printed... Do I have to call purpleconnect for that too That's pathetic, a bank should never feel like a prison...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2014
countsparrow:

What can u say about a whole bank not having a functioning printer, had to travel to Lag to get my SOA printed... Do I have to call purpleconnect for that too That's pathetic, a bank should never feel like a prison...

Well I have absolutely nothing to say about that. You should also know the statement of account is not normal A4. Hence a different kind of printer. Either ways, they are at fault.

But I still choose them until they terribly mess up.
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 9:51am On Sep 23, 2014
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Well I have absolutely nothing to say about that. You should also know the statement of account is not normal A4. Hence a different kind of printer. Either ways, they are at fault.

But I still choose them until they terribly mess up.

I chose them too until this all started happening...

NB: it might never happen until u try branches outside Lagos...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2014
countsparrow:

I chose them too until this all started happening...

NB: it might never happen until u try branches outside Lagos...
lol. I don't stay at Lagos.
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
xeeno: CountSparrow, please what branch did this happen?
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
lol. I don't stay at Lagos.

Was really surprised when I went to the bank today to carry out a transaction, while they were trying to help me carry out the transaction, the head of control called me to come and join him so he could run a check on the transaction, I did, while trying to get it done, he asked me if I have ever had a complain about the bank, I told him yes, he know told me to tell him about it... I smiled and I just told him I just wasn't satisfied with der services over the past few weeks seeing he was interested in what I was saying, I decided to tell him more after a little persuasion...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Unknowing to me, the head of operations had gotten hold of the information a customer of the bank had been treated unfairly over the last couple of weeks, how he got hold of that info only God knows, the only people I told about this was my family members and members on here grin (nairalanders my second family) so when he got d report about an anonymous customer who had complained somewhere, he had to go through all the transactions carried out at the bank over the past few weeks, which to my understanding is quite TEDIOUS... Mr Femi, I commend you for that, after that, he narrowed the search down to me... UNBELIEVABLE... grin

So this morning, as I bounced to the bank, I noticed the staff of the bank treated me differently, nmmm!!! I felt like a senator with lots of cash in my account... I didn't know the head of operations has started something on how to rectify the issue, and discussions on how to get me over was ongoing...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
countsparrow: Unknowing to me, the head of operations had gotten hold of the information a customer of the bank had been treated unfairly over the last couple of weeks, how he got hold of that info only God knows, the only people I told about this was my family members and members on here grin (nairalanders my second family) so when he got d report about an anonymous customer who had complained somewhere, he had to go through all the transactions carried out at the bank over the past few weeks, which to my understanding is quite TEDIOUS... Mr Femi, I commend you for that, after that, he narrowed the search down to me... UNBELIEVABLE... grin

So this morning, as I bounced to the bank, I noticed the staff of the bank treated me differently, nmmm!!! I felt like a senator with lots of cash in my account... I didn't know my the head of operations has started something on how to rectify the issue, and discussions on how to get me over was ongoing...
Now tell me that isn't good stuff.
I'll bank with Wema any day, anytime.

Bottom line is that sometimes these people get tired or become frustrated. You will agree that it is difficult to separate professionalism from heightened stress levels and trust me, the banking sector is full of that.
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by asids55: 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
if you plan on leaving wema bank ,my advice for you will be to stay clear of eco bank, no customer comes out of any eco bank branch smiling

2 Likes

Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by olaeffect(m): 5:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
Wema bank is yet to fail me ooo. A gtb dividend warrant has been paid in for me into my gtb account since Monday up till today Friday no funds in my account. The depositor went back to complain and was told to come back next week. Same bank cheque fa!!!

All banks have there up and down shagrin
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
Inshort, to cut the whole story short, Wema really tried, and I am impressed with the way the whole issue was resolved... If all banks can be like this, accept their mistakes and make corrections I believe banking with them wouldn't be as bad as many perceive it to be...
I had the intention of closing my account with them, but maybe, just maybe they might have bought me over...

So a special thanks to the head of Operations, the internal Audit and all the staff that helped resolve the whole issue...
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by countsparrow: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
asids55: if you plan on leaving wema bank ,my advice for you will be to stay clear of eco bank, no customer comes out of any eco bank branch smiling

Hehehehehe... Where dat bank dey sef
Re: WEMA BANK And Its Useless Services... by MissTeaseMe(f): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
asids55: if you plan on leaving wema bank ,my advice for you will be to stay clear of eco bank, no customer comes out of any eco bank branch smiling
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!! 1TRILION LIKES FOR UR COMMENT JARE. TERRIBLE BANK

(1) (Reply)

Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian / Tips On Starting An Energy Drink Company Anyone? / Lagos State Employment Trust Fund LSETF Gives Additional Loans To SMEs (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.