Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (117768 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / M.i's Top Ten Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by dejiariyo: 4:50am On Aug 07, 2009
how can i be mad when u called me big baby, when i was on ur mums tite and the bitch called me baby ---------modenine (badman)

this is how u address them little attention seekers
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by dammiecool(m): 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2009
dejiariyo:

how can i be mad when u called me big baby, when i was on ur mums tite and the bitch called me baby ---------modenine (badman)

Ghetto P where u @
I cant take this o its too much angry angry
infact I dey vex angry angry
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
lalaboi:

How da hell dey even doubt me,
i'm tired of the same old questions they ask about me
M.I? better than M.I? i dont know
M.I? matter of fact you should ask M.I
This aint star wars no return of the jeddi
but there's a few things y'all can learn on the M.I (c)
but y'all dont wanna play with me
cos thats a M.I (S.T.A.K.E)

Mr International - Iceberg slim . . .

I too gbadun this track!!

Is it me or did sumone just challenge Nigeria's best rapper??
Like does he seriously know he's talking to Naija's rap messiah??
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
@eldee
dont impose ur views on others.MI aint naija's best.He is ur best.Its all clear lil wayne n kanye are ur best in da world.Jst one album!You guyz sayin this suck
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by tosinaded(m): 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2009
M.I is the best
dammit grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by dejiariyo: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2009
tosinaded@:

M.I is the best
dammit grin

what about saucekid sir?
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by tosinaded(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
M.I is the best, two peeps cant be on top
geddit dull brain grin
till any1 throws him off. . . . . . . . .
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by rapjunkie(m): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2009
dejiariyo:

how can i be mad when u called me big baby, when i was on ur mums tit and the bitch called me baby ---------modenine (badman)

that is so funny and lyrically tite.

to be fair, there isnt one line on the 'big baby' diss that beats this one.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by dejiariyo: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2009
so sauce kid never was the best, if not ur ashewo sef, i would actually take sauce kid before M.I , dude is just enjoying the media attention and its only in nigeria a rap artiste becomes the best with 1 album. u have to wait for the following projects before u call them the best.

50cent,Game,young juc,Mims e.t.c would have being call the best cos they had a good debut album, but they all watered down cos they cant keep up with the hype and glory that came with the first album, so all u dickriding M.I shud just take it easy and lets see what happen next, u dont just a book by its cover, mediocrity at its best
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
tosinaded@:

M.I is the best
dammit grin

Fixed!!!!

M.I. is the messiah of Naija hip-hop.
I saw one of his videos on Nigezie and this cat was ripping it like he shares DNA with Biggie Smallz.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
ur surgeon better be good at jigsaw cos im rippin u to pieces for callin me a bitter
im deadlier wit the bars than a shaolin pole fighter-M9-GERM
oNe
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Fixed!!!!

M.I. is the messiah of Naija hip-hop.
I saw one of his videos on Nigezie and this cat was ripping it like he shares DNA with Biggie Smallz.

U just a beaten(bitten) apple suffering from peer(pear) pressure-M9
U said u want an apple so i brought u a pair(pear)-M.I

True, M.i is dope, hot, the true hiphop messiah who Came to show us the way to God.
He shows us what God's plan that old testament dudes cuddnt get-He makes dudes listen(to lyrics).
He preaches some messages God's been preachin.
He's doin his thing and im luvin it, especially cos irrespective of wat hype men are sayin his humility
makes him acknowledge he the messiah, not the god.

Between, aint Mode continentally referred to as the God emcee?
Just wonderin.
oNe
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by FowardEast(f): 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2009
The year is '94 and in my trunk is raw
In my rear view mirror is the mother fucking law
I got two choices yall pull over the car or
bounce on the double put the pedal to the floor
Now I ain't trying to see no highway chase with jake
Plus I got a few dollars I can fight the case
So I, pull over to the side of the road
And I heard "Son do you know why I'm stopping you for?"
Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hats real low
Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know
Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo?
"Well you was doing fifty five in a fifty four"
"License and registration and step out of the car"
"Are you carrying a weapon on you I know alot of you are"
I ain't stepping out of shit all my papers legit
"Do you mind if I look round the car a little bit?"
Well my glove compartment is locked so is the trunk and the back
And I know my rights so you gon' need a warrant for that
"Aren't you sharp as a tack are some type of lawyer or something?"
"Or somebody important or something?"
Nah I ain't pass the bar but I know a little bit
Enough that you won't illegally search my shit
"Well see how smart you are when the K-9's come"
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
Hit me
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by dejiariyo: 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
DBR:

ur surgeon better be good at jigsaw cos im rippin u to pieces for callin me a bitter
im deadlier wit the bars than a shaolin pole fighter-M9-GERM
oNe

nice one, some tight lyrics, just like he pop a virgin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
@deji
no wetin u explain.Dem no go hear!Leave em
@sauron
if u love rakim,krs one,u wil like mode.Mode got a bit of rakim(brought use of metaphors,wordplay n all that)check out rappers that came afta him they wanted to be lyrical as well.
@everyone
what makes a fighter d best?His skill,strength.Wot makes an emcee best?Go ahead n tell me is by making popular raps i.e pop rap.Danceable raps.Its the ability of d rapper?Wot r the criteria to knw to best rapper?Is it ur lyrics or otherwise.Lyrics is the strength of a rapper.Mode is jst a case of a king is not respectd in his own land.Talib kweli had a freestyl wiv him,n said this guy got good metaphnrs.Remember kweli,the guy jigga said 'if skills sold,truth be told,i'd probably be,lyrically talib kweli.Jay also felt modes rhyme.Jungle brothers came down ere to see him,did 5 tracks wiv him. and for pentium ix should be called a classic by an intertanational medium.Mane this man is probably gonna be naija's greatest emcee of all time.If MI cant match mode lyrically,there's no way,i solo lyk isolo crooner is best.
@tosin
to me hiphop is dead n hiphop hardly exists in naija.I even rate sauce above mi,if u bring individual abilities mi cant match many rappers in naija.Dont lie,did u listen to eldee's return of the king album,tell me a track in that album that cant match mi's talk abt it,i hardly skip a track in return of da king.How come u ppl didnt call that album a classic.Una go dey make noise.Talk abt it didnt wow me,i sold it afta one play!Una dey shout.If that album is a classic here,it wil be elsewhere,i mean internationally(dem talk hiphop is universal)if na lie tell me why nas illmatic is a classic to u
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
Rhymstein:

@sauron
if u love rakim,krs one,u wil like mode.Mode got a bit of rakim(brought use of metaphors,wordplay n all that)check out rappers that came afta him they wanted to be lyrical as well.

I can show you 10 peops on this NL better than mode 9 in metaphors, wordplay and the other indices.
It is not about using metaphors/multis ALONE. . . .what about the delivery?
Mode-9 does not ride his beats and this is where he comes short of M.I. and Ruggedman.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
@sauron
i read ur battles.I saw ur ability.Good.Abt delivery.Mode kinda flow was hot in mid 90's.Why i dig this guy is that he floated american underground rap in naija mainstream n he is audible,lyk when he flows fast.He does that without strain n doesnt go offbeat.His beats r mostly boom bap, His delivery aint so bad.He kinda changed his delivery in badman(v u listened), Be frank if we start puttin up his tyte lines his been doin frm malcolm ix tru mixtapes n now mode ova premo,stil dem never finish.Its gonna be a novel.Undisputed MI got an admirable voice n best rap styl.U can get attracted to d song by d voice.Check around lupe fiasco was said to v d best flow in d industry.2 classic albums.Bt neva been called best.He was jst tagged the leader of the new school, To be frank.I dont think i wont listen to rap again if jay,nas,game,eminem,lupe,kweli,kanye(think i can do witout him),papoose quits.I cant stand these new guys(they all sound alike).And most of the southern rappers are whack(i like luda n jeezy,ross cos of pot of miami sha).Well i dont think mi is best,rugged,mode,terry,freestyl,iceberg slim,pop off,ghetto p still dey.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2009
Rhymstein:

@eldee
dont impose ur views on others.MI aint naija's best.He is ur best.Its all clear lil wayne n kanye are ur best in da world.Jst one album!You guyz sayin this suck
Stop being a plonker . . . can't you see how stupid you sound already??
I shouldn't impose my views . . . but nah, u've got the right to say he's not the best??

@Sauron
There's nothing more dangerous to this world than an ignorant man with too little information.
How do you start to explain content and context to someone that just stumbled across his first Talib Kweli album yesterday??
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
@eldee
assumption is mother of all Bleep ups.Go market if u see talibs album 4 market tomorrow tell me.I didnt remember using swear words on u.Sauron replied lyk a gent.U feel u know rap enuff to start talkin who is best.U knw nothin.U v no sufficient knowledge of rap to decide who is best neither am i?Only d owners are.Even a vote doesnt decide 4 me,cos majority cld be wrong.MI aint a gud story teller,he aint so brilliant wit word play,metaphors,use of poetry.If he lacks this wot makes him best.Go listen to lupe n listen to sublime rhyme schemes,gud story tellin,brilliant use of poetry,the best track on talk abt it is crowd mentality,noone evn talks abt that track, Tell me if teaser na rap?If u feel he is ur best.Fine,u v no right to decide for others.Different strokes for different folks.Cos he is nt my best.I knw a bost of girls that feel he aint!And wot does me buyin kweli album yesterday relate wit whose best.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 9:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
@eldee
assumption is mother of all Bleep ups.Go market if u see talibs album 4 market tomorrow tell me.I didnt remember using swear words on u.Sauron replied lyk a gent.U feel u know rap enuff to start talkin who is best.U knw nothin.U v no sufficient knowledge of rap to decide who is best neither am i?Only d owners are.Even a vote doesnt decide 4 me,cos majority cld be wrong.MI aint a gud story teller,he aint so brilliant wit word play,metaphors,use of poetry.If he lacks this wot makes him best.Go listen to lupe n listen to sublime rhyme schemes,gud story tellin,brilliant use of poetry,the best track on talk abt it is crowd mentality,noone evn talks abt that track, Tell me if teaser na rap?If u feel he is ur best.Fine,u v no right to decide for others.Different strokes for different folks.Cos he is nt my best.I knw a bost of girls that feel he aint!And wot does me buyin kweli album yesterday relate wit whose best.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2009
eldee:

@Sauron
There's nothing more dangerous to this world than an ignorant man with too little information.
How do you start to explain content and context to someone that just stumbled across his first Talib Kweli album yesterday??

Don't be too harsh on him. . . . .

Rhymstein:

@sauron
i read ur battles.I saw ur ability.Good.Abt delivery.Mode kinda flow was hot in mid 90's.Why i dig this guy is that he floated american underground rap in naija mainstream n he is audible,lyk when he flows fast.He does that without strain n doesnt go offbeat

I agree he floated the American underground rap in Naija mainstream but when it comes to the real business. . . .Mode-9 comes short.
His lyrics are tight on paper but he lacks the qualities of a good MC when spitting on the MIC.
I read about M.I's lyrical prowess on NL and i decided to give the cat a try. . . .I wasn't disappointed.

M.I. has the voice. . . .has a variety of styles when he flows and the most important thang is he rides his beats.
I have forgotten the name of this song(he was using other Naija artistes songs in various rhyme patterns). . .that song was tight.
You have to know when to add in a rhyme word, and where a word would fit better at. . . . .M.I. rode the beats and didn't let the beats take control.
Like when the snare hits, he'd say his rhyming word, and the next time the snare hit, he'd say the word that rhymed with it. . . . .If M.I. is Eminem, Mode9 is Obie Trice. grin

His beats r mostly boom bap, His delivery aint so bad.He kinda changed his delivery in badman(v u listened), Be frank if we start puttin up his tyte lines his been doin frm malcolm ix tru mixtapes n now mode ova premo,stil dem never finish.Its gonna be a novel.Undisputed MI got an admirable voice n best rap style.

Most of these "tight" lines have been punctured by smart listeners on NL.
He says some intelligent stuffs but sometimes his wording and majority of the stuffs he talks about don't hit hard/miss the mark.

Well i dont think mi is best,rugged,mode,terry,freestyl,iceberg slim,pop off,ghetto p still dey.

I disagree with you here. . . . .but we can always agree to disagree.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
@sauron
bros,ppl get to pay too much attention to mode9 lyrics cos he's been acclaimed so lyrical.MI says rubbish too.Every1 is kinda guilty.No body is perfect u knw.U knw that am not a star,i'm a bigger planet than jupiter caused chaos in ere bt i read u guys comment,u guys erred too by usin mass to determine if planets r bigger than stars, when tryin to prove that shit was wrong.U might tip mi best,i respect that,bt i dnt think so,jst my opinion.We dont really knw u knw.Thats y i dnt say mode is my best.I dnt usually say mode is nigeria's best.The closest v said is he is probably the best.I jst kinda lyk how he uses samples.N his shit r always different frm wot otha nigerians serve. n get great reviews abroad too.i lyk mi too bt not dat mch.Wot kind of rap do u lyk.I jst love east coast cats raps
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 9:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
Rhymstein:

@sauron
bros,ppl get to pay too much attention to mode9 lyrics cos he's been acclaimed so lyrical.MI says rubbish too.Every1 is kinda guilty.No body is perfect u knw.U knw that am not a star,i'm a bigger planet than jupiter caused chaos in ere bt i read u guys comment,u guys erred too by usin mass to determine if planets r bigger than stars, when tryin to prove that shit was wrong

How do u determine "big" if not by length/surface area and mass?
Come on. . . . .everyone admitted Mode9 made a monumental goof when he spewed that.
Stars are bigger.

.U might tip mi best,i respect that,bt i dnt think so,jst my opinion.We dont really knw u knw.Thats y i dnt say mode is my best.I dnt usually say mode is nigeria's best.The closest v said is he is probably the best.I jst kinda lyk how he uses samples.N his shit r always different frm wot otha nigerians serve. n get great reviews abroad too.i lyk mi too bt not dat mch.

We can always agree to disagree. . . . .One man's food is another man's poison and vice versa.

Wot kind of rap do u lyk.I jst love east coast cats raps

I like rappers i learn from. . . .Canibus, Eminem, and a handful of others.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2009
@sauron
mode got me confused wit that line.I no go lie.I didnt actually knw wot he meant.Bt i knw stars are bigger.
i was studyin physics b4 transferin to mathematics/economics.Mass is the concentration of matter in a body.So mass determines how heavy it wil be.Surface area is the best criterion
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2009
Rhymstein:

@sauron
mode got me confused wit that line.I no go lie.

ROFLMAOWPIMP. grin grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by rapjunkie(m): 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't be too harsh on him. . . . .

. . . . , M.I. rode the beats and didn't let the beats take control.
Like when the snare hits, he'd say his rhyming word, and the next time the snare hit, he'd say the word that rhymed with it. . . . .If M.I. is Eminem, Mode9 is Obie Trice. grin

@Sauron

are u making things up as u go along?

'MI rode the beats and didn't let the beats take control'?

What does that mean? shocked

Since when does the word have to rhyme with the snare to give u extra points?

Relax   cool

P.S

Can't believe how many posts there have been on NL about stars and jupiter . . . . . . . grin shocked grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
rapjunkie:

@Sauron

are u making things up as u go along?

'MI rode the beats and didn't let the beats take control'?

What does that mean? shocked

Since when does the word have to rhyme with the snare to give u extra points?

Relax   cool

If you can do that as a rapper. . . . .U will have ma vote as the best.
That is what distinguishes a rapper from an EMCEE.
Most cats are just rappers cos they flow like they reading financial times but the real MCs take everything into consideration.
U have to know when to drop the rhyme. . . .it must tally with the snares to give a rhythmic flow.
Go and listen to Eminem on Patiently Waiting. . . . .
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by rapjunkie(m): 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

If you can do that as a rapper. . . . .U will have ma vote as the best.
That is what distinguishes a rapper from an EMCEE.
Most cats are just rappers cos they flow like they reading financial times but the real MCs take everything into consideration.
U have to know when to drop the rhyme. . . .it must tally with the snares to give a rhythmic flow.
Go and listen to Eminem on Patiently Waiting. . . . .

so whos the rapper and whos the EMCEE?
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
rapjunkie:

so whos the rapper and whos the EMCEE?

Rappers: Lil' Wayne, Fresh Prince, Kool Moe Dee, Lil Jon, Kanye West, etc.
EMCEEs: Canibus, Nas, Eminem, Immortal Technique, RAKIM, KRS-One, etc.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2009
Rhymstein:

@eldee
assumption is mother of all mess ups.Go market if u see talibs album 4 market tomorrow tell me.I didnt remember using swear words on u.Sauron replied lyk a gent.
Where I'm from, the phrase 'you suck' doesn't come across as respectful . . .
Sauron replied like a gent because he didn't find your post offensive, I did . . . c'est fini

Rhymstein:

U feel u know rap enuff to start talkin who is best.U knw nothin.U v no sufficient knowledge of rap to decide who is best neither am i?Only d owners are.Even a vote doesnt decide 4 me,cos majority cld be wrong.
I never said anything about being a hiphop head, i only stated my opinion
You then accused me of imposing my views . . . It's eL's post for heaven's sake, no one's forcing you to accept it.

For heaven's sake, it's different strokes for different folks . . .
I think M.I's is Nigeria's best emcee, an opinion shared with more than half the Nigerian hiphop audience

Rhymstein:

MI aint a gud story teller,he aint so brilliant wit word play,metaphors,use of poetry.If he lacks this wot makes him best.
How can you say M.I lacks brillant wordplay?? If M.I ain't poetry then who is??

Rhymstein:

the best track on talk abt it is crowd mentality,noone evn talks abt that track, Tell me if teaser na rap?If u feel he is ur best.Fine,u v no right to decide for others.Different strokes for different folks.Cos he is nt my best.I knw a bost of girls that feel he aint!And wot does me buyin kweli album yesterday relate wit whose best.
You know what . . . I'm done here

@Sauron
It's just annoying when some Modestans start acting like other people don't have the right to speech
I heard this song with Djinee . . . I heard M.I seducing heavy bars with this sumblime delivery
And funy enough, he's got a good voice . . . that's music made in heaven
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
rapjunkie:

so. . . . . . .  .whats big daddy kane?.

In his era, he was untouchable. . . . .He is one of the best MCs to have ever grabbed the MIC.

eldee:

@Sauron
It's just annoying when some Modestans start acting like other people don't have the right to speech

Modestans can be aggressive and annoying TBH. . . . .

I heard this song with Djinee . . . I heard M.I seducing heavy bars with this sumblime delivery
And funy enough, he's got a good voice . . . that's music made in heaven

Thatz the song i was trying to remember. . . . . .Cheese n Rice, i saw the song on HiTV.
Without any shadow of doubt, that is the best rap song performed by a Nigerian.
It was DOPE!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (51) (Reply)

Music: P-square - Double Trouble Full Album Download / Damino Damoche Shot Dead At LASU Gate / Full List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria, Frequency, Location And Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.