Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (117777 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / M.i's Top Ten Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by rapjunkie(m): 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

In his era, he was untouchable. . . . .He is one of the best MCs to have ever grabbed the MIC.

@sauron

ur distinction between a rapper and emcee is suspect. . . . .

are u saying MI is an emcee and Mode is a rapper?

and by your own defintion . . . . how can kanye west be a rapper?
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
rapjunkie:

@sauron

There's no suspicion up there. . . . .A rapper is any retard that can make dumb, bomb and crumbs rhyme in a line.
The MC is the one that puts it in a structure, apply wordplay, metaphors, multis, creativity, dope delivery with a unique rhyme pattern.
U read their lyrics and you know a little amount of hard-work and research coupled with deep thinking have been committed into their songs.

MI is a decent emcee, Mode is a weak emcee.
He needs to spend time more on his metaphors and stop confusing kids the Jupiter is bigger than a star.
U can educate while you entertain your fans. . . . . .one of the attributes of a dope emcee.

Kanye West is a good rapper. . . . . .nothing else.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

In his era, he was untouchable. . . . .He is one of the best MCs to have ever grabbed the MIC.

Modestans can be aggressive and annoying TBH. . . . .

Thatz the song i was trying to remember. . . . . .Cheese n Rice, i saw the song on HiTV.
Without any shadow of doubt, that is the best rap song performed by a Nigerian.
It was DOPE!!!!
You think Area's cool?? Try Overkilling (Remix)
The funniest part of the whole song was the way he took a swipe at Chelsea grin grin

http://www.notjustok.com/2009/07/25/djinee-give-it-to-me-overkillin-remix-ft-m-i-ice-prince-jesse-jagz/

MI + Jesse Jags + Ice Prince = Three way battle
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
rapjunkie:

@sauron

Don't go with Sauron, he's biased against Kanye, Nas and Jay-Z cheesy
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by lalaboi(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
na wa oh. . .see what eldee's little post has caused lol. . .

@eldee. . . .Iceberslim later on mentioned in that verse that "These are not subliminals to any individuals". . . so i dont think he's calling out M.I. . .

I dont even think M.I will last in a battle. . . .he's appealing to almost everyone now, he wouldnt wanna spoil that! abi?
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2009
eldee:

You think Area's cool?? Try Overkilling (Remix)
The funniest part of the whole song was the way he took a swipe at Chelsea grin grin

I was talking about "SAFE". . . . .That was a quality rap delivery.
He keeps it simple. . .MI doesn't over elaborate and he's always on point.

http://www.notjustok.com/2009/07/25/djinee-give-it-to-me-overkillin-remix-ft-m-i-ice-prince-jesse-jagz/

MI + Jesse Jags + Ice Prince = Three way battle

Lemme quickly sample those.

eldee:

Don't go with Sauron, he's biased against Kanye, Nas and Jay-Z cheesy

Don't even start. . . . . .Nas, Jigga and Kanye are all very good but we are talking about fine lines here
I just feel when it comes to the nitty-gritty of what encompasses a dope delivery, they lack the x-factor.
Even with that, they shouldn't be compared to Lil Wayne. . . .U saw how Jigga ate Lil Wayne alive on "Mr. Carter"? grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 11:59pm On Aug 07, 2009
lalaboi:

na wa oh. . .see what eldee's little post has caused lol. . .

I know . . . it's almost like I bring trouble wiv me anywhere I post nowadays

lalaboi:

@eldee. . . .Iceberslim later on mentioned in that verse that "These are not subliminals to any individuals". . . so i dont think he's calling out M.I. . .

I dont even think M.I will last in a battle. . . .he's appealing to almost everyone now, he wouldnt wanna spoil that! abi?
I've seen one or two old M.I battles . . . believe me, no nigerian rapper wants to battle him
And with the crowd appeal, he'll end up ending Iceberg's career.

And how can you say you ain't throwing sublimnals when you're calling out the person??
'Am I better than M.I??' . . .No you not!!! End of!!! grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 3:07am On Aug 08, 2009
@sauron
u listened to ovakillin,ice prince made d track for me.I didnt really feel dat every1 'singin d blues lyk chelsea'.Mode kicks knowledge better dan MI while rappin.Check contradictn.Safe got me standing still,d 1st time i hrd it,brilliant,so creative.Wetin vex me,ppl startd callin it 'off d head freestyl'.He didnt write that?Some1 evn said the whole illegal mixtape was not written.I dont evn like it when rappers start tpainin.(mi's vou dont know)
@eldee
Cos rappers rhyme,doesnt make em poets.Pacs poetry was bad.The only Nigerian rap tracks v hrd,that came close to poetry was contradiction n crowd mentality.Check luda's theatre of d minds intro!That was poetry n lupe's the cool,coolest, MI hardly tells imaginative stories.I dig rugged's flesh to flesh to death
MI came to benin,was told to freestyl,he did d endin of safe,on STV top ten,he spat like 6bars.Didnt last long on mad skills, He could be vulnerable.In Benin ere,most hood guys!My street.Lots of friends hood.Talk mode.Some dnt get to vote.I dnt evn vote self.Mode is more popular ere.

i swear this argument no go finish.Make we rest.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 3:25am On Aug 08, 2009
And i dont think mi wld deliver/survive when spittin on boom bap and beats with hard hittin drums
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Krayola2(m): 5:35am On Aug 08, 2009
An MC is someone than can just pick up a mic and rock a crowd. In hip hop that refers to people like krs, redman, biggie, canibus, even kanye(though a lil soft, i've seen him do it well on several occasions), eminem, Nas. . MI and Mode 9 are both MCs IMO (by naija standards). Its not about the depth or style of ur lyrics, but how well u can get the crowd to respond to u.

A rapper is someone that just makes records, but can't rock a crowd of hip hop heads without getting booed. e.g. Mase, Puffy, TI, 50 cent, Souljah boy, Yung Jock, Scarface (one of my fav of all time), Dr Dre.

In other words, an MC is a thorough-bred (spent time battling and all that stuff, takes the shit serious). A rapper is a talented (sometimes not) lover of rap music that isn't necessarily soaked in the culture, but pursues a career in rap.

Being a good MC does not necessarily make u a better rapper than someone who isn't. It just means u can rock a crowd (u might make shitty songs e.g. Canibus)

My 2 cents
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by rapjunkie(m): 8:27am On Aug 08, 2009
Krayola2:

An MC is someone than can just pick up a mic and rock a crowd. In hip hop that refers to people like krs, redman, biggie, canibus, even kanye(though a lil soft, i've seen him do it well on several occasions), eminem, Nas. . MI and Mode 9 are both MCs IMO (by naija standards). Its not about the depth or style of ur lyrics, but how well u can get the crowd to respond to u.

A rapper is someone that just makes records, but can't rock a crowd of hip hop heads without getting booed. e.g. Mase, Puffy, TI, 50 cent, Souljah boy, Yung Jock, Scarface (one of my fav of all time), Dr Dre.

In other words, an MC is a thorough-bred (spent time battling and all that stuff, takes the shit serious). A rapper is a talented (sometimes not) lover of rap music that isn't necessarily soaked in the culture, but pursues a career in rap.

Being a good MC does not necessarily make u a better rapper than someone who isn't. It just means u can rock a crowd (u might make shitty songs e.g. Canibus)

My 2 cents

thats a great explanation.

@Sauron

U reading this? . . . . . .aint got nothing to do with rhyming words with snares. . . . . .well, i don't think so!!
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by ofokasibe: 10:46am On Aug 08, 2009
some intellectual spewing going on here. where have i been ? how come i didnt enter this thread.

@eldee
if u still got the mi battles, could u pls upload, i have seen mi thrown a couple of battle lines in lags finest , british council wapi and emcee africa. someone told me ice prince is actually berra than mi in a battle that was when they used to be in Jos .tho, somehow i think mi wouldnt last in a one on one battle .with any rapper.
belief me guys battle rap is the hardest part of hiphop especially when ur rap opponent is above average
! eg mode vs rugged.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by kaydee(m): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2009
Lol!!! Anyone with the opinion that M.i is better than Modenine is delusional and suffering from intellect myopia!!!

Whose fault is it that some people decide to close their eyes to reality?It's like comparing Walcott to CR,
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2009
Krayola2:

Every rapper that we know is an emcee . . . let's cut the whole B.S
The only reason we get to know them is because they've gone on tours in different raves . . . sometimes across the Atlantic
The difference between a good emcee and a crap one is the diversity of crowds they appeal to . . .

Jay-Z rocked Glastonbury Festival, the home of rock . . . that's like Elton John rocking the Hot 97 Summer Jam andthen to the Inauguration
Kanye West murked Europe's biggest rock Festival . . . Nas has torn apart audiences from Ballrooms to Muson Centre

Now is Canibus an emcee?? Definitely . . . he will rock a room full of 1000 Saurons grin grin
Modenine will rock a crowd of 200 Javaloves.
But is he a good emcee?? Nah man.

My 2 cents
It doesn't make you a better rapper . . . but it does make you a better hiphop artiste
It may suprise you to know that emceeing existed before rap . . .

And thing is . . . you can't be the claim to be the best rapper if you're not one of the best emcees around
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2009
Krayola2:

This definition is generic. . . . . . .Trust me, Lil Wayne and Soulja Boy will move the crowd. . . . I have heard a lot of cats use this same definition but there's more to being an emcee than moving the crowd. . . .The emcee has a firm understanding of the hip-hop roots, he doesn't care about album sales and MCs do the rap thing for the love and the respect and NOT for the money.

A rapper is any Arrow that can use brat and rat in a  rap line without kicking knowledge like the MC will do.
They are about the showmanship, album sales. . . . . .money, whores, cars and blingz are what they get to talk about all the time.
Simply put, they do it for the money.

I agree with this.

Don't contradict yourself. . . . . .Being a good MC means makes you a professor of rap while the ordinary rappers are University students.
The MC looks for other things to make his lyrics tight. . . . .This is where the use of multis, wordplay and metaphors come in.
In the 80s. . . . . .Most rhyme patterns are simplistic and they go like this:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXCrack
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXTrack
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXRack.

But thanks to the MCs like Eminem/Canibus who sat down and took rap lyrics to another level(complexity) with multi-syllabic and inner rhymes/end rhymes.

Rhymstein:

@sauron
u listened to ovakillin,ice prince made d track for me.I didnt really feel dat every1 'singin d blues lyk chelsea'.Mode kicks knowledge better dan MI while rappin.Check contradictn.Safe got me standing still,d 1st time i hrd it,brilliant,so creative.Wetin vex me,ppl startd callin it 'off d head freestyl'.He didnt write that?Some1 evn said the whole illegal mixtape was not written.I dont evn like it when rappers start tpainin.(mi's vou dont know)

Nah. . . . ."Safe" couldn't have been on top of his head. . . .but letz give credit where it is due.
That was a dope song.

rapjunkie:

U reading this? . . . . . .aint got nothing to do with rhyming words with snares. . . . . .well, i don't think so!!

MCing encompasses everything. . . . .U must be able to ride your beats and not the other way round.
Lyrical masters like Eminem sat down and devised ways to ride their beats and this is why songs like "Patiently Waiting" and especially
"Lose Yourself" are top draw songs. Eminem raped the snares throughout the song dropping his rhymes when the snare hits.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2009
Rhymstein:

@eldee
Cos rappers rhyme,doesnt make em poets.Pacs poetry was bad.The only Nigerian rap tracks v hrd,that came close to poetry was contradiction n crowd mentality.Check luda's theatre of d minds intro!That was poetry n lupe's the cool,coolest, MI hardly tells imaginative stories.I dig rugged's flesh to flesh to death
MI came to benin,was told to freestyl,he did d endin of safe,on STV top ten,he spat like 6bars.Didnt last long on mad skills, He could be vulnerable.In Benin ere,most hood guys!My street.Lots of friends hood.Talk mode.Some dnt get to vote.I dnt evn vote self.Mode is more popular ere.

i swear this argument no go finish.Make we rest.
Do you even know what poetry is??
So if you can't feestyle . . . you're not a poet??

What's poetry?? You think every poem has to be narrative cos you read Abiku in high school??
Maybe you should know that hiphop and the spoken word are urban forms of poetry.
Rappers use poetic devices like metaphors and similes . . . it's even arranged in lines and verses.
Do you still need evidence to support the fact that M.I's a musically-gifted poet??
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Krayola2(m): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2009
@ eldee and Sauron.

When i say rock a crowd i don't mean performing ur songs and getting a response from the crowd. I mean pickin up a mic, spittin , with or without a beat, just saying whateva,  from yess yess yall to more complex shit, and keepin a crowd of hip hop heads entertained.

now, what constitutes a hip hop head is relative. A head in the south is diff from one in new york, is different from one in naija, in different from one in sweden. Hip hop culture evolves differently in different places, just like any other cultural phenomena e.g. religion, fashion etc So I doubt anyone is goin to reach any kind of agreement on what an MC is if u don't consider everything else.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't contradict yourself. . . . . .Being a good MC means makes you a professor of rap while the ordinary rappers are University students.
The MC looks for other things to make his lyrics tight. . . . .This is where the use of multis, wordplay and metaphors come in.
In the 80s. . . . . .Most rhyme patterns are simplistic and they go like this:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXCrack
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXTrack
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXRack.

But thanks to the MCs like Eminem/Canibus who sat down and took rap lyrics to another level(complexity) with multi-syllabic and inner rhymes/end rhymes.

At least sumone's bold enough to admit this

Rap's golden era is not the 80s it's the mid and late 90s . . . that's when wordplay, multies and lyrical artistry came into rap
The only thing the rappers from the 80s had over the 90s was the experience of growng up in the urban inner-cities in the 70s
They had more stories and had parents that fully experienced the racially segregated America . . . so they were angrier

I don't know if they gays or what
Search a nigga down and grabbin his nuts
And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cuz they slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin out for the white cop

NWA - F*ck The Police
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2009
eldee:

At least sumone's bold enough to admit this

Rap's golden era is not the 80s it's the mid and late 90s . . . that's when wordplay, multies and lyrical artistry came into rap
The only thing the rappers from the 80s had over the 90s was the experience of growng up in the urban inner-cities in the 70s
They had more stories and had parents that fully experienced the racially segregated America . . . so they were angrier

I don't know if they gays or what
Search a nigga down and grabbin his nuts
And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cuz they slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin out for the white cop

NWA - F*ck The Police

May God Bless You. . . . . . .
Eedris without his marijuana coulda penned this basic rhyme scheme but loads of cats still RESPECT the N.W.A.
Compare those NWA lines to this:

Nothing like Son of Sam, so please un-der-stand there's no gun in hand
Where's the thrill in the hunt, there's no fun in that, here I come with axe
It's fun to act like lum-ber-jack, when I'm soiling em up with that
What was that? Dial 9-1-1, someone's coming in from the back

Eminem---Stay Wide Awake.

Rhymes:

Son of Sam, Understand, Gun in hand
Fun in that, Come with axe
Fun to act, Lumberjack, Up with that
What was that, From the back.

(10 multi-syllabic rhymes in 4 lines). . . . . . .This is lyrical ingenuity.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2009
Krayola2:

@ eldee and Sauron.

When i say rock a crowd i don't mean performing ur songs and getting a response from the crowd. I mean pickin up a mic, spittin , with or without a beat, just saying whateva,  from yess yess yall to more complex shit, and keepin a crowd of hip hop heads entertained.

Stop backing down now . . . the word 'emcee' comes from 'Master of Ceremony'
Yeah . . . you can entertain some crowds with 'When I say Mode, you say Nine' cheesy cheesy and then go monotonous. . . but that'll only work for your own fans.
But then you'll have to entertain other crowds too . . . that's when the problem starts
Nowadays, people are musically inclined . . . they'll wait to see how good you delivery is . . . what do you do with spaces inbetween beats?? They'll want to listen to your rhyme scheme and arrangement of multies . . . if you give them crap delivery, they get bored
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Krayola2(m): 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2009
What u guys are doin is imposing ur tastes on the definitions of the terms. . . it's biased analysis aimed at winnin a debate
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2009
Krayola2:

What u guys are doin is imposing ur tastes on the definitions of the terms. . . it's biased analysis aimed at winnin a debate

ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin

Letz get back to the topic then. . . .

eldee:

But then you'll have to entertain other crowds too . . . that's when the problem starts
Nowadays, people are musically inclined . . . they'll wait to see how good you delivery is . . . what do you do with spaces inbetween beats?? They'll want to listen to your rhyme scheme and arrangement of multies . . . if you give them crap delivery, they get bored

Even a kid of 5 can tell a good rhyme scheme nowadays. . . . . .
Compare what Eedris and Junior n Pretty were giving us in those days to M.I., Mode-9 and co. . . .
Naija rap has evolved and kudos to those cats keeping it real.
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2009
Krayola2:

You came out to say TI and Dr Dre where not MCs
If I were doing this just to win a debate, I'd have capitalised on that. tongue tongue tongue grin

@Sauron
You'll have to agree with me that the Eminems and Jay-Zs of today have been helped by the works f the NWAs of the past
Besides, the influence of technology on hiphop has increased since the '80s . . .Dre used to record hiphop songs on tape in his basement
The digital mastering of that era only came from the echoes from the walls . . . compare that to Jay-Z's Black Album that had over 20 producers

We all know that good beats inspire the best works. . .
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2009
eldee:

@Sauron
You'll have to agree with me that the Eminems and Jay-Zs of today have been helped by the works f the NWAs of the past

U can say that again. . . . .Without the N.W.A, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J, MC Hammer, KRS-1 and a host of others, RAP woulda died in the 80s.
They cleared the path for the likes of Biggie, 2Pac, Jigga, Nas and this is why they can never be forgotten.

Besides, the influence of technology on hiphop has increased since the '80s . . .Dre used to record hiphop songs on tape in his basement
The digital mastering of that era only came from the echoes from the walls . . . compare that to Jay-Z's Black Album that had over 20 producers

100% in agreement.

We all know that good beats inspire the best works. . .

In other words, are you suggesting Eldee can rip a good Dr. Dre beat without breaking a sweat? grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

U can say that again. . . . .Without the N.W.A, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J, MC Hammer, KRS-1 and a host of others, RAP woulda died in the 80s.
They cleared the path for the likes of Biggie, 2Pac, Jigga, Nas and this is why they can never be forgotten.
The greatest success a man can ever lay claim to is having his son achieve more than he could ever dream of
Their DNA is still there in the nucleus of modern hiphop

~Sauron~:

In other words, are you suggesting Eldee can rip a good Dr. Dre beat without breaking a sweat? grin
grin grin grin

One Eldee's doing that already . . . let's leave the ripping for him to take care of grin grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by Rhymstein(m): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2009
@sauron
i didnt add crowd appeal to it.I was tryna explain to eldee there.
i disagree wit ya on the internal rhymin.Rakim was the first to introduce dat.He was d first to introduce the use of metaphors that v multiple meanings.Lyricism started with him
i agree wit ya on d multi syllable rhymin!Thats eminem.I used to be an eminem fan.Stopped when i startd listening to concious rappers more
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by lalaboi(m): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2009
Ok ok. ,  .enough,  you lots av derailed the thread enough,  . . . .you can create another thread to argue whatever it is which I dnt seem to get lol. . . . .

An arsenal fan was mocking chelsea in a previous page,  here's one for you by ak48 - lasgidi (overkilling remix)
tongue
I put you to ur toes lik wenger in injury time. . . . .
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by khanye(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2009
lalaboi:

Ok ok. ,  .enough,  you lots av derailed the thread enough,  . . . .you can create another thread to argue whatever it is which I dnt seem to get lol. . . . .

An arsenal fan was mocking chelsea in a previous page,  here's one for you by ak48 - lasgidi (overkilling remix)
tongue

grin
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by chrisical(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2009
lalaboi:

Ok ok. , .enough, you lots av derailed the thread enough, . . . .you can create another thread to argue whatever it is which I dnt seem to get lol. . . . .

An arsenal fan was mocking chelsea in a previous page, here's one for you by ak48 - lasgidi (overkilling remix)
tongue

cheesy
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by DBR: 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2009
What's the fuss bout this line sef!!
It's been goin on and on and i just laff at the way dudes hittin heads on it, gosh!
It's so simply i wonder dudes aint gettin it. Guess we all takin it too literary and too seriously.

I guess dudes r always waiting like vulture to beak at M9's lyrics
just cos he's so rated as a darn good lyricist.
the line: im not a star im a bigger planet than jupiter.
on face value looks confusing but u gotta look beyond ur science class,
and search for the gem behim the gem, aiite?

Now check this and tell me it dont make sense:
FACTS:
stars shine at night.
Jupiter is d 3rd brightest object in the sky-after the sun, moon.
Jupiter is the biggest planet.
because it also luminary it's smtimes refered to as a star tho its not.

Where u all got it twisted is this:
the comparison here is NOT essentially between a star and jupiter, 
the star only serve as salutary incadescent reference.
So the line is an invitation to stretch ur imagination beyond jupiter to another planet bigger than jupiter-i call it planet 9.
He says im a bigger planet THAN jupiter, not star.
So if jupiter as the biggest planet is the 3rd in brightness after the sun and the moon, imagine a BIGGER jupiter.

the knowledge kicked here is:
star shines, yes, but jupiter is the 3rd brightest after sun and moon,
so imagine me bigger than jupiter and you'll see im the BIGGEST and BRIGHTEST that SHINES[i](tho not a star)[/i].

Now if there's one emcee that M.i respect it's M9.
Cos real recognize real- Aint it enuff that M.i references( i dont wanna say Bite, cos i kno d boy M.i is brilliant as well) lots of M.9's old lines?

So lets put it this way- U dont have to respect me, as long as the dude u respect respects me.
oNe
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by dammiecool(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2009
DBR:

It's been goin on and on and i just laff at the way dudes hittin heads on it, gosh!
It's so simply i wonder dudes aint gettin it. Guess we all takin it too literary and too seriously.

FACTS:
stars shine at night.

So the line is an invitation to stretch ur imagination beyond jupiter to another planet bigger than jupiter-i call it planet 9.
So if jupiter as the biggest planet is the 3rd in brightness after the sun and the moon, imagine a BIGGER jupiter.

so imagine me bigger than jupiter and you'll see im the BIGGEST and BRIGHTEST that SHINES[i](tho not a star)[/i].

Cos real recognize real- Aint it enuff that M.i references( i dont wanna say Bite, cos i kno d boy M.i is brilliant as well) lots of M.9's old lines?

So lets put it this way- U dont have to respect me, as long as the dude u respect respects me.
oNe

doing this on behalf of mode
Re: Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers by eldee(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
DBR:

FACTS:
stars shine at night.

oNe

BLA BLA BLA . . .
This excuse is not only stale . . . it's stupid

Could you please take your argument to this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-286784.0.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (51) (Reply)

Music: P-square - Double Trouble Full Album Download / Damino Damoche Shot Dead At LASU Gate / Full List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria, Frequency, Location And Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.