Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] (2174 Views)

When A Gold-digger Is In A Relationship With A Gold-digger / My Experience With A Male Gold Digger / 10 Reasons Why A Woman Should Be A Gold Digger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Tval(m): 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
1. Understand what a gold digger is, and is not. There's nothing wrong with a person being concerned about your financial stability. A long-term partnership means depending on each other through the ups and downs, and
being financially reliable does help with that to a degree. The difference between a gold digger and someone who values your role
as a provider is that the gold digger would deride and perhaps leave you if you lost your ability to provide for them financially. A
good person can appreciate your financial resources, but a gold digger appreciates only that, and will not see the relationship as worthwhile if you're not well off.

2. Gold diggers drop hints that they're having trouble paying their bills (sometimes they might even ask you directly for a "loan" to tide
them over). They know that you don't want to see them get an eviction notice, or get their car repossessed, and you're a good person who's in a position to help. But there's a difference between a gold digger and someone who's just fallen on bad times. What you should be looking for is if, despite their situation, this person is making poor financial decisions. Do they buy a brand new car with
luxury features when they're struggling to pay rent? Do they buy $300 shoes or watches when their phone service is at risk of getting cut off? Do they go to expensive restaurants when their credit cards are maxed out,
because they "work hard" and they "earned it"? Many gold diggers know better than to ask
you to fund their more luxurious tastes, at least in the beginning; they'll tap into your desire to help them afford the things they need (food, shelter, transportation) so that they can spend their own money on the things they want.

3. When they discuss their financial woes, suggest ways in which the suspected gold digger can make money fast. When you mention the possibility of them selling their
luxury car, video console, guitar, diamond bracelet, or any other expensive item that could keep them from becoming homeless or
having their utilities cut off or car repossessed, how do they respond? The average person will
be saddened and may even become angry or upset, but a gold digger will be appalled at the very idea that they should have to give
up their prized possessions in order to meet their own basic needs. They'll treat the idea as
ludicrous. More often than not, their dismissal of the idea will be accompanied by anger or even rudeness. This is a very subtle pointer that would give you a very good sense of their sense of entitlement.

4. Look for a sense of entitlement. Gold diggers feel that they deserve to be treated
well, and that includes knowing that someone is willing to spend money on them. Maybe it's
because they had a bad childhood or relationship, and they feel they deserve to be happy (and it just so happens that their joy carries a high price tag). Or maybe they feel
it's their right to be able to pursue their big dreams at the expense of financial stability, and, coincidentally, haven't considered
who will foot the bill of their soul- searching. Have you noticed unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment? This sense of entitlement is one of the symptoms of narcissistic behavior, which has other symptoms that a potential gold digger might harbor:
Grandiose sense of self- importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without
commensurate achievements).
Preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power,
brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other
special or high-status people (or institutions).
Requires excessive admiration.
Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the
feelings and needs of others. Often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

5. Search for signs of generosity and gratitude
towards you. After having gone on several dates, has this person ever offered to pay? When you do pay, does he or she say thank
you? Do they ever offer to help you in other ways? (And no, physical intimacy doesn't count); do they cook you dinner when you've been out working late? Fix your computer? Run an errand for you when your schedule's
especially tight? If these character traits are missing, is this really someone you want to get involved with? A person doesn't develop gratitude and generosity overnight...

6.Indulge in a pipe dream. A pipe dream is basically a long shot. Take one of your childhood fantasies and run with it. Tell the
person you're dating that you're thinking about becoming the mechanic, farmer, supermodel, writer, [insert dream career here]
you've always wanted to be. Explain how if you were to ever do this, it would require a significant lifestyle change; you'd have to go
back to school, relocate, or whatever would make it clear that your standard of living will go down dramatically. How does this person respond? Do they seem concerned? That's normal. A good person will encourage you to follow your dreams while simultaneously
helping you think of ways to do it practically and responsibly. A gold digger will look horrified or disgusted and say things like
"You're not really serious, are you?" OR they are ready to call it quits and leave because you are paying attention to "you" instead
of "them".

7.Watch yourself. It feels good to help people, whether you just helped someone avoid becoming homeless, or you're helping an aspiring artist or entrepreneur launch his or her career, but you have to be careful that you don't fall into a pattern where your help become the norm, so much so that without your financial assistance, the relationship would crumble. If you're the kind of person who has trouble saying "no", or who is
intensely sympathetic and compassionate, you're more likely to bump into a gold digger. You might also face the feeling that this is one of the most attractive or intriguing people you've ever dated, and you don't want to ruin
your chances, but don't be fooled by a good looking exterior. It could cost you.

8.Listen to the types of questions you are asked. Even seemingly innocuous questions like "What do you do?" and "Where do you live?" can be loaded questions, asked in an
attempt to ascertain your net worth and lifestyle. In any case, do not answer these questions directly - but start out by explaining your life story. What things happened to you as a child/ teenager that shaped the life you
live today? A person truly interested in who you are will listen intently and ask questions of
a more personal nature - whereas a gold digger will not have the patience to get to know you first; they will only want to find out your current financial position before investing any time in you. Gold diggers in a social situation will work the room and are "on the
clock". The longer you can delay telling them what you do, they will be unable to size you up and you stand a better chance of weeding
them out.

9. They have temper tantrums when you don’t buy them things. A gold digger has the emotional age of a child and will not hesitate throwing a tantrum when things don’t go their way–especially when you refuse to buy something for them or give their more money.

10. They only suggests expensive gifts,
trips, restaurants, etc. A gold digger will turn their nose up at heartfelt, sentimental gifts because they are eager for gifts that are caked with money and expects nothing less than 4 star accommodations and food venues, shopping at designer stores and exotic vacations.

*Updated*

Credits: http://m.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Gold-Digger and http://datingfortodaysman.com/2011/11/8-signs-shes-a-gold-digger/
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Following smiley
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Dreyl(m): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
Following cool
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by perry2020(f): 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
Grabs my bottle of bobo.
Can you now continue plz
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by ideee03(f): 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
lmao...girls have been using point two for as long as i can remember. grin
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by sexmachine01(f): 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sugar mummies are trouping Here

Don't be left out follow this blog and drop your comments luckily a very rich will come knocking!!

I've it it's 100% legit

Go here
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
perry2020: Grabs my bottle of bobo.
Can you now continue plz

At your age you still drink Bobo? undecided
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
ideee03: lmao...girls have been using point two for as long as i can remember. grin

You meant to say “We”. wink
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by perry2020(f): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
TrollMan:

At your age you still drink Bobo? undecided
Yessooo.bobo and viju
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by lirusehn(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2014

Am a silverdigger , am a guy tho undecided
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
perry2020:
Yessooo.bobo and viju

Aitte. tongue
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by chimerase2: 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
perry2020: Grabs my bottle of bobo.
Can you now continue plz
is it ua eluelu u re grabbing undecided
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by chimerase2: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
ideee03: lmao...girls have been using point two for as long as i can remember. grin
comeon close ua 31 der e dey open flies fit enter amu angry
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Tymax(m): 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
Correct.

The funny thing about gold diggers is that they hide in the open. They make it seem like it's a normal/acceptable thing for them to fleece you... Like it's as naturally as saying "hi" angry
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by dechandel(f): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
Op state your source

Wikihow
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Tval(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
dechandel:
Op state your source

Wikihow

I got it from there, I can't state Source when I am not yet done.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by dechandel(f): 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tval:

I got it from there, I can't state Source when I am not yet done.
Ok
Ride on
But this topic once made fp sha
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by doctorofgirls(m): 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
dechandel:
Op state your source

Wikihow
why is ur eye like that?
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by philantoxx(m): 7:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
I don't know wat to say op.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Tval(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
philantoxx: I don't know wat to say op.

You have more time to think about what to say.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by philantoxx(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tval:

You have more time to think about what to say.
yes boss.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by dechandel(f): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
doctorofgirls: why is ur eye like that?
How is my eyes
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by doctorofgirls(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
dechandel:
How is my eyes
looks evil ,have u ever scared someone with it
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by dechandel(f): 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
doctorofgirls: looks evil ,have u ever scared someone with it
Lmao grin
My eyes Evil?
Smh
Are u scared of the eyes?
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
Val wasup? You bumped into one recently? cheesy
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by doctorofgirls(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
dechandel:
Lmao grin
My eyes Evil?
Smh
Are u scared of the eyes?
nah ,am scared u might be ablE to use it in causing hypnotizing ,so I gues I got to put on sun shades now
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by cr7lomo: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
Just discovered I dated one for five yrs .
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by Tval(m): 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
AirborneLacer: Val wasup? You bumped into one recently? cheesy

Not at all cheesy just trying to help others who could fall victims.
Re: How To Spot A Gold Digger[updated Version] by dechandel(f): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
doctorofgirls: nah ,am scared u might be ablE to use it in causing hypnotizing ,so I gues I got to put on sun shades now
Lol
Don't worry u're safe
Harmless eyes tongue

cr7lomo: Just discovered I dated one for five yrs .
Five years
Awww
I feel for your bank account

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make-up Sex. Effective Or Not? / That Guy/girl You're Friend Zoning May Just Be The Right One For You! / What Is Your Cut Off Age For Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.