Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” (45202 Views)

EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports / FG Plans To Ban Fertiliser Importation / FG Set To End Importation Of Processed Tomato Paste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by themmydhayhor(m): 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Y dis our damn FG dey reason lyk dis self
EBOLA dey dere, BOKO HARAM dey dere............
Na ponmo u won cum dey tackle.........
Chai dia is GOD ooooooooooooo
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by karkel(m): 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
NO IT CANT BE THE POMO THAT I KNOW,JOOR
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by themmydhayhor(m): 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
Y dis our damn FG dey reason lyk dis self
EBOLA dey dere, BOKO HARAM dey dere............
Na ponmo u won cum dey tackle.........
In first lady voice. Chai dia is GOD ooooooooooooo
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Gloria3389(f): 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
kennygee: World War 3 go happen be that.

Na poor man chicken meat dem dey carry play abi?
no be poor man meat...e be like say u never encounter correct thick delicious ponmo before...I'm talking of nutritious ones.. missing it already

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by luckyjohny(m): 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
iterator25:

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/fg-set-ban-hides-skin-ponmon/
can you imagine what nonsense...make them nor try am oh
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by nagoma(m): 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
Northerners make shoes Cushions and bags out of it. Southerners cook and eat it with much pepper and I believe salt.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Awoofawo(m): 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
ChinDike:

Truth hurts.

You can barely type a coherent sentence. Move along.

Do you think I give a flying fu*k about you?

You got problem and need to seek med-evaluation asap before you suffer mental wreckage!

Ode!

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by seighapaul(m): 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
Point of correction.... it's spelt KPOMO and not PONMO
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
i no want leather! Na by force?! D ponmo go turn to leather 4 my belle. Make govt just collect my the physics from my nyansh dry am. Thnk u.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
May Ogun lakaye osin mole strike that Dr Adesina ( a yoruba man for that matter ?

i KPOMO have come to stay

i cannot be force out of my father land

i will fight this govt to a stand still

i have made myself available for egusi-soup , stew , ewedu and lots more now ur govt want to dump me

#iwillfightformyself
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by faaz24: 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ponmon dey cause ebola Ok, contunu god will see us.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
kilokeys: haba... ponmo.. we no go gree.

Government sha.. always reasoning with dem anus.. they never think things through.

before u make such laws have u made alternatives?

how many tanning facilities do we have atm?
or mKe dem spread am for sun as we don dey do since 1843?

small time una go ban offals( rounbadout, abodi, shaki and co.)

HAAAA!!!

Naijaaaa! Naijaaaa!! Naijaaaaaaa!!! Na wah oooo!!!!!

Alternatives! On top ponmo!!

Heheheheheheheheheeeeeee!!!

Of what benefit is that Ponmo to you. It does nothing to you! No Nutritional value.

And Govt wants to focus on tanning, a very good business oppourtunity.

Instead of thinking how you can benefit from it should it come to pass, you are talking alternative to ponmo. Alternative ko, Supplement ni.

Besides what does it take to set up a tanning facility.

Tanning facility that I will put up in my backyard now now now.

Na so all of you shout when the Automotive Policy came out. Did we not all see the end result

Mtcheeeeeeeewww!! Orisirisi!!!!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
Gloria3389:
no be poor man meat...e be like say u never encounter correct thick delicious ponmo before...I'm talking of nutritious ones.. missing it already

Nutritious Ponmo!!! Hia!!!

For where you see that one.

Which Nutrient dey inside Ponmo?
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
Obiagelli: Heard this 2yrs ago. Ban the damn thing already. We should be producing and exporting leather instead of eating kpomo that has been smoked with burning tyres.

take this L for your lack of knowledge
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: For whatever reason that might be:

My Humble contribution is
Nooooooooooooo!!!!

That is "meat" to me cry
embarassed

Btw are the livestock Farmers & Butchers complaining of selling kponmo to us? angry

FG, projecting selfish interests since time imo river undecided undecided
Meat with no nutrition? That's unhealthy if you ask me.
Also, Nigeria stands chance of exporting some goods but Oil.
This is a nice initiative if you ask me. Moreover, leather exportation rewards the livestock farmer more financially than processing and sale of ponmon.

If finally this initiative is implemented and livestock(ponmon) farmers/exporters start earning huge Dollars and cool cash. I see ranch owners showing up pretty quick.
Ranch owning/farming will be hot cake then.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mondisweets: grin grin grin i see u have joined the squad
cheesy cheesy GEJ wan put sand inside country man garri
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by MoyoGENERAL: 12:09am On Sep 10, 2014
Say wetin!!!!!!
dem nor want make we get hope for our lean meals!!!!!
dem nor know say those POMO na big hope on top stew!!!!....
POMO, consuming large quantities since 1455BC
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by devour129: 12:27am On Sep 10, 2014
My stomach hurts from laughing so hard ! Love love love the jokes but love kpomo best . No need to panic , na the people wey get meat go talk who dem go sell am to.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by kilokeys(m): 12:41am On Sep 10, 2014
princefunmi:

HAAAA!!!

Naijaaaa! Naijaaaa!! Naijaaaaaaa!!! Na wah oooo!!!!!

Alternatives! On top ponmo!!

Heheheheheheheheheeeeeee!!!

Of what benefit is that Ponmo to you. It does nothing to you! No Nutritional value.

And Govt wants to focus on tanning, a very good business oppourtunity.

Instead of thinking how you can benefit from it should it come to pass, you are talking alternative to ponmo. Alternative ko, Supplement ni.

Besides what does it take to set up a tanning facility.

Tanning facility that I will put up in my backyard now now now.

Na so all of you shout when the Automotive Policy came out. Did we not all see the end result

Mtcheeeeeeeewww!! Orisirisi!!!!

funmi. one question.. besides the beef in cattle.. do u eat any other part?.. like d shaki, intestines, hoofs, cow tails?
if u do.. then, we r in d same category..

these other parts are key in making sausages, animal feed and many other food products...
and thats a big market too.. r u willing to stop chewing for the sake for that industry to grow?

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Legendoscar2: 12:43am On Sep 10, 2014
They clearly want the fury of yeriba Nation and APC..... grin
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by 19naia(m): 12:43am On Sep 10, 2014
I miss Pomo Ooo! What kind of Economic ploy kills one market to make room for another? The real solution is to leave Pomo alone and put investments into Leather hides production and expanding the herd stocks of Nigeria to handle the leather demand... If the people truly demand leather, they will then shift their purchases to leather and see Pomo supply dwindle... Or a balance of the two Pomo and leather can coexist... This Banishment of Pomo thing is what small minds do, they wield power as in banning all kinds of things.. They don't wield intelligence to make both work out for even greater dollar yield in the general economy... Banning Pomo will destroy a market and lose jobs.. And when people hungry for Pomo come time to vote, politicians will wonder how Iya Rugbudu the Pomo seller who was put out of business and into poverty, got elected president by promising Pomo Dinners for all the nations people and also Oyinbo who come visit in Nigeria..
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by oludashmi(f): 12:46am On Sep 10, 2014
Nooo It can't work.

Mr Adewunmi stop that oo.

http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/fg-may-ban-ponmo-soon/
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by bheemz(f): 12:58am On Sep 10, 2014
Who tell u say na because of nutritional value dey make us chop KPOMO! Oga abeg parkwell!.. wetin go happen to my efo-riro, my ogbono, egusi nko, ofada-stew nko etc.. dey must be joking!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by tswagg007(m): 1:13am On Sep 10, 2014
Obiagelli: Heard this 2yrs ago. Ban the damn thing already. We should be producing and exporting leather instead of eating kpomo that has been smoked with burning tyres.
what is your own?
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by ddeola: 1:24am On Sep 10, 2014
Them don com again o !!!!! With dier yeye yeye ideas
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Owoplenty(m): 1:55am On Sep 10, 2014
Oh my gosh! This cannot be a good news to my 'Yoruba' brothers.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by modestdude(m): 2:43am On Sep 10, 2014
priscaoge: It's a joke abi? Wetin dey wan make I use de chop my Abacha(African Saladgrin) and Ugba?undecidedundecided

Or is there any replacement?
Owere wu Owere, anyi taala ugba nuo mmi, ihe owula o soro govmenti ha ban-uruma but with the exception of ponmo for without ponmo no ibari ogwa, no nkwobi and ugba which are the support base for "inushiri mmi riri happy" grin

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by modestdude(m): 2:57am On Sep 10, 2014
kennygee: World War 3 go happen be that.

Na poor man chicken meat dem dey carry play abi?
My dear, no be poor man meat o. Ponmo is expensive nowadays that big men have ported to eating ponmo for the sake of low cholesterol level and the fear of hyperT.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by kilokeys(m): 3:00am On Sep 10, 2014
TrollMan: POMO is of No nutritional value, I don't know why peeps eat that “thing” to start with. A very healthy and agricultural move by the federal government.

angry angry

TMan.
i am a ponmo eater.. and i dont look bad..
besides the nutrients, what can beat the taste, the texture, the aroma. #teamponmo

and i can bet.. u dont look better than me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Nigerian Farmer Displays His Harvested Cassava From His Farm, Hails Buhari / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.