Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” (45198 Views)

EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports / FG Plans To Ban Fertiliser Importation / FG Set To End Importation Of Processed Tomato Paste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Odunharry(m): 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
pDude:

Abi I lie? grin
u 4 knw fall im hand 4 public na..na Guy like u o.....e fit be say e get 1babe mk dm dy eye each oda here na
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Bukingg2: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
Do you ever wanted to make something on internet? SometImes is hard to say that there are people who want to make money online but dont know where and how to get started, if you are Internet user who is often burn your data snuffing internet day and night, here is a good news ptwiter.com is here to give you some new way to at least recharge your phone daily, how by just doing the normal things you do online everyday, how just by retweeting peoples tweet at ptwiter.com, how do you get your recharge simply after you made some point by retweeting just click redeem my point then put your phone number or paypal account then your money or recharge card wil be forwarded to you simple! And do you want to get your products across or music or profile to the public, with the high cost of money in advertising today is very challenging imagin using #100 to get 100 people know about your business instant without going to bank submiting alot of files for review before your product can be broadcast with ptwiter.com you can get 1000 reviews not fake visual buying viewers or like or followers they do on other social network here is easy just takw your product pictures then buy point then post and your followers will be happy to retweet your post or share it because they gain point in every repost they make and that point is money find out more on ptwiter.com it was developed to help our African students

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kai, elkewwty, bootybuttchic, wetin man go con dey chop like this na?
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by gatiano(m): 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
good, ponmo should be banned. it is very dangerous for consumption. in short, cow is for fresh milk, lamb and sheep are good for meat. the pork should be banned for life. FG just say against ebola, men no go look ponmo.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
victorazy:

Bia nwa, remove that u wrote on ur status. Gej bu onye-oma, omara ihe ona-eme. U won't understand his plans now. Ichoro ka ndi alakuba chia obodo anyi?
I hear you
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
They shouldn't just try dat at all, wats da rubbish talk for? Not ponmo.....Ah, how much i love ponmo.... ok FG, forgive my rudeness but pls dnt ban ponmo for my sake.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Jesuspistol(m): 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Abegi. PONMON is unbannable.

It can only be banned if the population of the poor reduces to say...70%rich:30%poor

As long as the poor remains the largest population in naija, its not gonna be an easy task to ban PONMON
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by olarkaycee(m): 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
ban pomo kee after banning eran igbe
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by McLuhan(m): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
This is merely a soundbite, just a speech to help the minister make news. Why did he have to wait for an opportunistic conference to declare this? Although I'd support such a ban, I'll only believe it when it happens.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by nickz(m): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
Odunharry:
u 4 knw fall im hand 4 public na..na Guy like u o.....e fit be say e get 1babe mk dm dy eye each oda here na
lol grin
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by OLADD: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nutritionists have overtime downplayed the value of Ponmo to our system. In other words, ponmo does not really add any nutrient to our body. If reasons been adduced by the minister are anything to go by, then its ban is ok.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Odunharry(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
nickz: lol grin
true na...no mind dat ma guy na joke b evrything
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by iluvpomo(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
This news is depressing cry

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by nickz(m): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Odunharry:
true na...no mind dat ma guy na joke b evrything
no time for hate tongue tongue
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by herald9: 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Jahniece: They shouldn't just try dat at all, wats da rubbish talk for? Not ponmo.....Ah, how much i love ponmo.... ok FG, forgive my rudeness but pls dnt ban ponmo for my sake.
They want you to start eating the flesh...it wasn't meant for the rich only !
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by kayusbrown(m): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Guys relax. They can't ban it. Even the Minister and those farmers he's adressing eat ponmo. Who wouldn't especially when it is diced into efo riro? Another thing is ponmo is not just the 'meat' of the poor as portrayed here, the rich also consume it especially those who are avoiding red meat cos of fat and other associated disadvantages.

5 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Missy89(f): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
you can't just take away an old delicacy. This policy is destined to fail
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
priscaoge: It's a joke abi? Wetin dey wan make I use de chop my Abacha(African Saladgrin) and Ugba?undecidedundecided

Or is there any replacement?
Lol...you use fried fish.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
People should stop crying over ban of eating dead cells. angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by UjSizzle(f): 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hian! FG should park well o angry
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Missy89: you can't just take away an old delicacy. This policy is destined to fail
I disagree! Tightening the law on the ban would do just right to take it away from the ignorant people. Bad practices must be stopped in the country.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Omomehn: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
omomehn so many pomo men! okay. no p sha coz my girl lips na ponmo
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Antell95(m): 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Please......................

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by priscaoge(f): 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol...you use fried fish.
Lolcheesycheesy...Babe dem get diff taste naagringrin. That means I will stick to Ugba n Okporokogringrin
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by nijanigga: 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
GEJ is working.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
herald9:
They want you to start eating the flesh...it wasn't meant for the rich only !

Charly, you still alive?. cheesy
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
uzolexis: Nonsense,all they know is ban ban ban, how big is the market for hide and skin in Nigeria, is the technology to convert it to leather readily available? don't they know that a farmer's aim is to make profit and if the leather market is profitable you dont even have to ban pomo,cattle rearers will take care of that themselves. Develop the leather market 1st and see if the consumption of pomo will not reduce,right now farmers are using their animal skin for what is most profitable. Dont saturate the underdeveloped leather market we have now,it wont help anybody.
on a more personal note,i like pomo and anybody that tries to take that away from me dey find my trouble angry angry
there is no need to worry. This policy is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by free2ryhme: 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Who dey deceive who for this country? They have not been able to mobilize effort to implement all their yeye bans for other products it is the common man's ponmo they have now set their greedy and useless eyes on . Make them come enforce am for abbattoir weda butchers no cut them to pieces yeye people
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by salvatore007(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Who needs kpomo wen u can eat these........

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Wasquad(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
lynpetra: kpomooooo!
ban kpomo!!?
That's impossible!i will personally cut of mine and put it up for sale:

I bet you I will patronize u....to make more profit let the customer cut it themselves. cheesy grin. Like me I will like to cut it myself.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
If na joke make you stop am o, me likey!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by OLADD: 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
People should stop crying over ban of eating dead cells.

You are just spot on. Many do not even know that ponmo is ordinary skin and not meat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Nigerian Farmer Displays His Harvested Cassava From His Farm, Hails Buhari / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.