Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” (45200 Views)

EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports / FG Plans To Ban Fertiliser Importation / FG Set To End Importation Of Processed Tomato Paste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by chrisoctavia: 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
TrollMan: POMO is of No nutritional value, I don't know why peeps eat that “thing” to start with. A very healthy and agricultural move by the federal government.

angry angry

TMan.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
hotwax:

Eating pomo is bad practice? Eating pig skin nko ?

Bwahaha... Pork rind contains protein, not used for making leather wears and it is not extracted as cow skin(dead cells) is roasted in the open place with smelling burnt in Nigeria. Pork rind is used for making most sausages you eat. Eating hind and skin is a bad practice and it is different from pork rind.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by hotwax: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
all4naija:
Bwahaha... Pork rind contains protein, not used for making leather wears and it is not extracted as cow skin(dead cells) is roasted in the open place with smelling burnt in Nigeria. Pork rind is used for making most sausages you eat. Eating hind and skin is a bad practice and it is different from pork rind.

Son,

Pork skin is used for football.

It has economic importance too.

Pork and red meats kills the heart. Thats why people die young.
People just need to be educated on diets.

Protein must not come from meat.

Egg, Fish are safe protein. But when I feel like bitting meat, I go for pomo
I have been feeding on Pomo and fish ever since my doctor told me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Fulaman198(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
generalissimo: What productive things are u even talking about Mr hypocrite? U will be surprised that if the fed mugu or whatever, goes ahead to ban our beloved kpomo, it will be imported or better still smuggled into the country from the neighbouring countries by those who are more sensitive concerning its high demand and market values. Then, we'll now see whether u will replace most of ur fabrics with leather cos it is now produced in the country.

I don't think you even understand basic English. Cow hides can be used to make clothing, housing, and all sorts of things. Nothing hypocritical in my statement. I don't eat cow hide.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Fulaman198(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
chulla12:

Depends on differing tastes. Americans tend to eat more of the pig skin but use cow skin for leather.

In Nigeria, can pig hide and other less eaten animals be made into significant quantities of leather? Even if not, there has to be a way to ration cow skin for eating vs leather instead of outright bans.

All I am saying is that government decisions should be in line with cultural tastes. In a way I'm not even sure that leather is so essential to clothing or the economy when Nigeria can also manufacture faux leather (as we see coming from china).

I don't know much about pig skin admittedly. I know that in some nomadic groups cow hide has its purposes.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by sunnyprof: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
But who stopped anybody from exporting his skin/hyde before now?

We only eat the one we saw in the market, nobody poached any 'Malu' cow for 'ponmon'. At least I have not heard of it.

There is no need for any law to eating of 'ponmo'. Any Cattle farmer who wants to export the hyde can do so (make millions abi?) and any one who like can also sell it as ponmo, its his choice.

But make the hyde and skin farmer no complain say them no get money after suffering to dry or tan it ooo?
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
hotwax:

Son,

Pork skin is used for football.

It has economic importance too.

Pork and red meats kills the heart. Thats why people die young.
People just need to be educated on diets.

Protein must not come from meat.

Egg, Fish are safe protein. But when I feel like bitting meat, I go for pomo
I have been feeding on Pomo and fish ever since my doctor told me.

Pomo contains poisonous bacteria that make those eating it look sick!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Awoofawo(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
all4naija: Pomo contains poisonous bacteria that make those eating it look sick!

Incredible fallacy! *fall from tree!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
Awoofawo:

Incredible fallacy! *fall from tree!
Bwahaha... You are going to break your legs for falling from the tree, dude!

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by shang6ix: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
come ponmo sellers am willing to help u,or are we going to be lookin?(NO)...chai chai THERE IS GOD O
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by joyfit: 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
EAT UR BELT AND SHOE AS U EAT POMON ALATA tongue
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Khan1993: 11:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
TrollMan: POMO is of No nutritional value, I don't know why peeps eat that “thing” to start with. A very healthy and agricultural move by the federal government.

angry angry

TMan.
I totally agree with you but i bet the government are joking on this one.. Cos ponmon is source of livlihood to some people
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by MsTIQ(m): 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
joyfit: EAT UR BELT AND SHOE AS U EAT POMON ALATA tongue
Lol
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by MsTIQ(m): 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Khan1993: I totally agree with you but i bet the government are joking on this one.. Cos ponmon is source of livlihood to some people
Its FG . . . They can do n undo. What can U do about it.? tongue
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by hotwax: 6:58am On Sep 11, 2014
all4naija: Pomo contains poisonous bacteria that make those eating it look sick!

So I am looking sick shey?

If I post my picture here. I am more handsome than anything you have ever seen.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 11, 2014
How will this stop me from buying ponmo from Kano?
Ponmo and bokoto are the best things to ever come out of Cattle.
Banning it will never work.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Awoofawo(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2014
ChinDike:

Look am a fool. LOL!

You don know? Ask those who know my father the jobless fool! I'll continue spending my life on NL, don't go and work.

I will chop shit like dog cause am a Bastard. cool

No wonder you are like this! Ode! cool
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Gloria3389(f): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
princefunmi:

Nutritious Ponmo!!! Hia!!!

For where you see that one.

Which Nutrient dey inside Ponmo?
u never jam correct fresh ponmo.... not the dry one that u have to stress yourself
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
Gloria3389:
u never jam correct fresh ponmo.... not the dry one that u have to stress yourself

No jare

There is a difference between delicious and nutritious.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Gloria3389(f): 12:40am On Sep 13, 2014
princefunmi:

No jare

There is a difference between delicious and nutritious.
I'm serious... we have nutritious ones....not ponmo sisun....
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Awoofawo(m): 7:47am On Sep 13, 2014
Gloria3389:
I'm serious... we have nutritious ones....not ponmo sisun....

White cow skin ponmo with residual meat underneath them! Oluwa o, na that type one use to exercise teeth instead of chewing gum cool grin

Ponmo get different levels, dem no sabi am! cool
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Gloria3389(f): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2014
Awoofawo:

White cow skin ponmo with residual meat underneath them! Oluwa o, na that type one use to exercise teeth instead of chewing gum cool grin

Ponmo get different levels, dem no sabi am! cool
u get me jare....
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Awoofawo(m): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2014
ChinDike:

Lol! Sorry o.

I was going to post your pics, but seeing that you agree that you're a Failure, I won't.

Now understand that your mental problem beyond redemption. Your madness had taken you through alaba market....

So there is no point in dragging words with you.

Omo ale lati iranderan jatijati, oponu aiyeraiye.....
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Awoofawo(m): 7:10am On Sep 14, 2014
ChinDike:

Poor boy, your father can only buy you Ponmo.

A typical case of ignorant motherfu<kèr is that they always assumed that poverty is the reason why mr A choice is different from mr B...

Ode ni e, be humble and admit that you ode+were!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Nigerian Farmer Displays His Harvested Cassava From His Farm, Hails Buhari / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.