Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? (3310 Views)

Are These Good Criterion In Getting A Wife Material? / Is Beauty A Competition???????????????????? / Is Beauty A Curse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Tonyet1(m): 9:33am On Oct 30, 2008
there are like 4 serious girls in my life presently, and i have been preparing to settle down but the problem is that 3 are so beautiful but yet i don't connect with them (as in am not that attracted to them) as i am to the 4th one, let me give a little' detail of the 4 :

1st one: so beautiful that i fear if she is not a lesbo, but don't know how to cook, she is submissive though

2nd one: fair and pretty, sexy in shape, know how to cook, homely but dirty

3rd one: so plumby and beautiful, and sexy, submissive but she is demanding like crasy, she has never accepted to cook for me before, she is a graduate

4th one: ughhh, she's dark, has every woman features a man will covet,she is clean, so submissive, educated,she cooks so well, she is the only one who calls and we share birthdays, BUT SHE IS NOT PRETTY

the problem is that i love fair ladies like crasy, but the dARK one has everything a man will need in a woman except the beauty, i cannot imagine waking up on the same bed with a MASQUERADE

IS BEAUTY THE MAIN THING?

please help me ! matured comments please my future is involved here
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by sistajay(f): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2008
Oh kiddo, don't make me come and get you and slap you back into reality. Go with your heart, beauti is a temporary asset. The bottom line is she's all WOMAN, look beyond skin colour/beauti.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by JJYOU: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2008
MARRY ALL OF THEM. PROBLEM SOLVED. YOU CAN ADD ONE OR TWO TO THAT ON NL. good luck. awuf dey run belle as they say.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by spikedcylinder: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2008
Is beauty everything?Of course.

You get judged based on your looks all the time. You get under estimated because apparently, beautiful people cannot be smart. You get hit on by all and sundry no matter how much you hate the persons. You get marraige offers from he-goats and the who is who of human crap. Worst of all, your friends alienate you because you can "pose" too much.

Feck it! BEAUTY is everything. undecided undecided angry angry
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by whitelexi(m): 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2008
Lol, I used to think beauty was very important but look where it got me. . . I've met some crazy girls who i let into my life simply cos i didnt look beyond their beauty - and i guess it the same with girls.

Word of advice, dont judge your partner on looks alone, thats a no-brainer. Best of both sides is to get a good looking girl with all the right attitudes and qualities even if she's not stunning. Trust me, most pretty girls are full of themselves anyways, and they're quite vulnerable too, cos they love to hear about how good they look - heck! girls get screwed daily by playas who just whisper praises about their looks into their ears. . . Trust me, i've been there and done that too [not like it makes me any prouder].

My verdict?
Dont go with any of those girls, the closest would be the dark girl but if her looks will scare u in the morning, then dump her right now. Best way to do a bulk dumping would be to arrange for a general invite of all four girls to the same location, and then tell them openly that u're dating them all. . . Thats the end, but the beginning - in irony grin
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by zeal500: 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2008
;d
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Vannesa(f): 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2008
Beauty is not everything,it always fades but a real woman remains.i dnt think the 4th girl is really that ugly i guess not as beautiful as the others if not u would even date her if was like a masquerede like u said but dnt make a big mistake be the 4th gal she'd make u happy.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by MrCrackles(m): 1:40pm On Oct 30, 2008
It baffles me how some question which are so easy to answer with common sense, are still presented to the public!!

Now i know not everyone has common sense!!
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Tonyet1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2008
@mrcracles,
i requested for only matured minds pls,

@vanessa,

babe i did not invite her into my life she got to know my birth date and sent me a msg and she's been like hooking up ever since,

@whitelexi,

i wish you could see the 3 others girls u r asking me to dump, have you beheld ananel b4, they look like one, polished skins

pls help me
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by MsLurker(f): 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2008
Don't get married. Save the girls the heartache.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Tonyet1(m): 10:28am On Oct 31, 2008
i just got another chic d-day-before-yesterday

gash, \\

girls girls girls everywhere

what a crasy world
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by spikedcylinder: 10:32am On Oct 31, 2008
tonye-t:

i just got another chic d-day-before-yesterday

gash, \\

girls girls girls everywhere

what a crasy world

With the way you "pick and drop chicks", marriage would be so easy for you.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Exstar(f): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2008
@ Post, My candid advice to you will be that you go for the 4th girl,
beauty would fade someday. Polish her to your taste.

@ Tonye, your type usually end up with monkey as wives,
after messing around with all the beautiful ones in your life,
take Caution my dear!
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Nautillus(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2008
Tonye -T

Badddin guy . . .dont worry . . .just keep playing ok . . .when you are REALLY ready . . .you will JUST KNOW who it should be. . . .TRUST ME. . .asta lavista . . grin grin grin
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2008
MrCrackles:

It baffles me how some question which are so easy to answer with common sense, are still presented to the public!!

Now i know not everyone has common sense!!

You'll be surprised how hard it is to make such a decision. It might appear simple, but trust me, its not easy. The guy's talking about marriage and it for ever.

Now you can teach a girl to cook, teach her to be clean, teach her to act right, but you can never change her looks!!

But then on the other side, some beauty fades . . . So you can understand the guy's delimma.

Poster, I'll advise you to choose who you love the most, and if you love them all equally, choose who loves you the most.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by whitelexi(m): 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2008
Ujujoan:

You'll be surprised how hard it is to make such a decision. It might appear simple, but trust me, its not easy. The guy's talking about marriage and it for ever.

Now you can teach a girl to cook, teach her to be clean, teach her to act right, but you can never change her looks!!

But then on the other side, some beauty fades . . . So you can understand the guy's delimma.

Poster, I'll advise you to choose who you love the most, and if you love them all equally, choose who loves you the most.

For the 1st time in history i'll agree with Uju, but only just!
@Poster: From your talk, u obviously love the dark ugly one most, or so i assume, but if she will give u bad dreams with her looks, u best move on.
About the other girls, no matter how fine a girl is, if she's dirty or demanding, or i have to do everything for her as a guy, then they're useless. Reflect on this for 1 hour and i'm sure u wont want to do it for the rest of your life.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by PepERSprAY: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2008
Yes, it is a prerequisite.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by JJYOU: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2008
what is wrong in having the 4 as wives? they all serve their purpose. bro go ahead  na u dey reign abi na your thing long pass.  awuf running 4 ladies at once. see how u dey confused
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2008
whitelexi:

For the 1st time in history i'll agree with Uju, but only just!@Poster: From your talk, u obviously love the dark ugly one most, or so i assume, but if she will give u bad dreams with her looks, u best move on.
About the other girls, no matter how fine a girl is, if she's dirty or demanding, or i have to do everything for her as a guy, then they're useless. Reflect on this for 1 hour and i'm sure u wont want to do it for the rest of your life.

I told you, you are in for a surprise wink

Anyway, permit me to disagree with you (again). There are worse things a girl can be than dirty and demanding; and guess what, some things cannot be changed. These ones can. So It all still boils down to the guy's tolerance and willingness to make her a better person. Now I dont expect you to know anything about that but I'd advise the poster to give it a shot!!

He's rooting for the dark girl cos she has all the 'wifely' qualities, dosent mean he loves her the most.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by whitelexi(m): 6:09pm On Oct 31, 2008
Ujujoan:

I told you, you are in for a surprise wink

Anyway, permit me to disagree with you (again). There are worse things a girl can be than dirty and demanding; and guess what, some things cannot be changed. These ones can. So It all still boils down to the guy's tolerance and willingness to make her a better person. Now I don't expect you to know anything about that but I'd advise the poster to give it a shot!!

He's rooting for the dark girl because she has all the 'wifely' qualities, dosent mean he loves her the most.

What were their parents doing when these girls were growing up? Why is it his responsibility to teach them what they have refused to learn for as good as 20yrs?
You need a wife to complete u and not to take away from you, there are certain things girls should know on their own surely u dont expect him to teach the dirty one how to wash the crevices of her bodily parts, damn!
Guy teach her how to scrub well oh cheesy
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2008
whitelexi:

What were their parents doing when these girls were growing up? Why is it his responsibility to teach them what they have refused to learn for as good as 20yrs?
You need a wife to complete u and not to take away from you, there are certain things girls should know on their own surely u don't expect him to teach the dirty one how to wash the crevices of her bodily parts, damn!
Guy teach her how to scrub well oh cheesy

Still it could be worse!! What if she was a klept, or a liar, or a gossip or . . . whatever!! My point is that a guy shouldnt leave a girl cos she's dirty. You marry a wife for her to complete you, and for you to complete her. Anyway like I said, I dont expect you to know anything about sacrifices smiley
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by chukwu25(m): 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2008
[color=#006600][/color]
hi guy,i think u are confuse and carried away by outward appearance,but one thing should know is that marrriage is a life journey between two people and what u need to make the journey interesting that what life has given to u,all u need do is to choose that special person no minding her appearance,becos guy beauty fade away.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by victorian(f): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2008
@ poster, beauty is a criterion in marriage at least the lady you intend to spend the rest of your life with, should look appealng to you facially and otherwise; because yeah as time goes beauty fades no doubt , but must you manage to live with a dracula babe from your youthful age to oldage because you are scared that beautiiful girls , dont make good wives? Patience, my guy and you will get to meet the best of them all.
I have some beautiful girlfriends that are good wives material , two of them are even getting married in 2months time from now to handsome dudes that love them like crazy smiley
I would suggest , you marry the first one, cause she's submissive and she might be willing to learn how to cook. As long as she willing to learn, i see no problem in teaching her on how to cook your meals, Thats my own O!
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by hotchic1(f): 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2008
Marriage is a big commitment and trust me even though beauty is very important,it goes beyond this.Though beauty will fade they say but what happens before it does

Have you looked into these ladies background,do you see a future with them,do you think they feel thesame way about you and are they willing to walk to the altar with you,remember it takes two tango and this is a mutual thing. And if it seems none of the 4 girls meet your criteria,it might be a good idea for you to search somewhere else.
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by igwe11(m): 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2008
As others have said, beauty fades but personality and attitude remain the same for eternity.There is also a great difference b/w one does not know and one has refuses to know.Try teach them or tell them how you want it so as to judge them based on their responses,but for the 4th one, since you said she is ugly, no other opinion counts ""beauty is said to be in d eye of d beholder''.

Good luck!!!!!
But you strong oooo!, experimenting 4 diff girls simultaneously. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Beauty A criterion in marriage? by chika98: 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2008
Are you attracted to the ugly one? if so then go ahead. If not, then leave her alone because we don't want you to come back in the future to tell us that you're so unhappy because you ain't attracted to your wife.

(1) (Reply)

Not Because I Like You That I Must Date You! / Guys Please Spend For Your Girlfriend. Dont Be Stingy. / I'm 17yrs Nd I'm Inlove With My Step-couz For Over 5years Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.