Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. (50019 Views)

Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In Bed That Irritate Women / Mistakes Women Make When Their Guys Cheat On Them / 10 Mistakes Women Make With Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 7:31am On Sep 10, 2014
If you can get a handle on the things on this list, I guarantee
you'll notice your relationship drastically change for the
better.

Here you go:

1. Flipping out if he looks at or talks to another woman. It's a
man's nature to look, getting on his case shows you're
insecure, which is a huge turn-off. If you find yourself
getting jealous whenever a woman is within his vicinity, you
need to do an honest check in with yourself. At the root of it,
there is either trust missing from the relationship or you need
to build up your self-esteem.

2. Not respecting his personal space. If he's in a bad mood or
doesn't feel like talking, leave him alone and let it be. Most
guys don't like to talk about their issues the way women do.
They prefer to pull back and work things out internally.

3. Not taking care of yourself or letting yourself go. It really
is a shame to see how many women think it's okay to stop
working out and shaving their legs as soon as they're in a
relationship. If anything, you should feel more motivated to
make the effort once things are more settled to keep the
attraction alive and sexual energy buzzing.

4. Not having your own life. Don't be one of those girls who
forgets her friends and her interests as soon as she has a
man, it never ends well.

5. Being passive aggressive. Men are much more
straightforward than women, if you tell him nothing's wrong
and then pout and mope around waiting for him to press you
further, you'll just cause anger and resentment to build. Be
honest and straightforward with him if you have an issue.

6. Nagging. No guy is perfect, no man is capable of giving
you every single thing you need. There will be times when
you're not happy with something he's doing. If this happen,
do not nag him over it. The best strategy is to tell him what it
is you want (I love it when you do X) instead of harping on
what you don't want (Why don't you ever do Y?)

7. Not appreciating him. Again, stop looking at the things he
isn't doing and look at what he is doing, and then
acknowledge and appreciate him for it! The more you show
you appreciate him, the more he'll try to please you.

8. Being bitter/whiny/grouchy. We all have bad days, it's
understandable. However, it's in your best interest to try and
be happy and positive. No one wants to hang around with a
negative Nancy. In general, we're drawn to people who are
happy and radiate a positive energy.

Wake up with a smile, express gratitude, see the good in your
life and in your relationship. This will not only help you in
your relationships, but it will make your life better overall.

9. Dumping your insecurities onto him. It's not his fault if
you feel fat or your skin is breaking out or you found a tiny
wrinkle by your mouth, these are your issues and hang ups
so don't turn them into relationship problems.

If he's with you, it's a given that he finds you attractive. Don't
talk him out of his attraction by highlighting all your flaws.
Chances are he won't even notice these things until you point
them out, so why draw attention to them? Men are attracted to
confident women so not only will you be making him a ware
of your flaws, you'll be diminishing his overall attraction to
you.

10. Trying to change him. When you get into a relationship,
you need to take that person for exactly who he is, not who
you want him to be. He is who he is, take it or leave it.

When it comes to minor things, like the fact that he wears
running shoes with dress pants, be gentle and encouraging.
Don't criticise and make him feel stupid. Say something that
makes him feel good and inspires him to make that change
on his own, for instance "You look really sexy in that outfit
but it would be even sexier with those loafers instead."

Lots Of Love.

129 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 10, 2014
You made my day, My-lady.
Though it's very natural of you ladies to do most of the Don'ts you mentioned here....we guys are growing to take you people like that but believe me not all guys can tolerate that and it's not all ladies can rily takes to correction

Tnkz to Jennydoris for making me experiencing FTC.....
but i aint feeling dat kind excitement you ppl dey feel grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by pillan(f): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2014
#2....one of d duty of a girlfriend/wife is to support her man at all times....so if hes in a bad mood...its in a girls place to lift his spirit....how wud u like ur gf or wife to not show concern wen u are down??..

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by marieolae(f): 8:32am On Sep 10, 2014
Lovely

1 Like

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 8:35am On Sep 10, 2014
marioking: You make my day, My-lady.
Though it's very natural of you ladies to do most of the Don'ts you mentioned here....we guys are growing to take you people like that but believe me not all guys can tolerate that and it's not all ladies can rily takes to correction

True. We the women are also trying our best to accept you guys the way you are. And like you said not all ladies can really take correction, I think the same goes to the men. Not all of them takes correction. But I believe that when one applies love in correcting someone, the person will take the correction and learn from his or her mistakes.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2014
pillan: #2....one of d duty of a girlfriend/wife is to support her man at all times....so if hes in a bad mood...its in a girls place to lift his spirit....how wud u like ur gf or wife to not show concern wen u are down??..

It's good to show concern to your gf/bf or wife/husband, but when the person in question ask you to give him/her a space it's better to let the person be. They have their reasons, it's either they don't want to bother the person or maybe they just want to cool down a bit. And believe me after that they will come around when they must have calmed down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 9:03am On Sep 10, 2014
marieolae: Lovely

MARIEOLAE!

I sight you. How you dey na.
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by marieolae(f): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2014
Jennydoris:

MARIEOLAE!

I sight you. How you dey na.
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Omomehn: 9:08am On Sep 10, 2014
how about leaving their men hornnny? this should be number one on ur list.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by yorex2011: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2014
nice points
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by passionate88: 10:28am On Sep 10, 2014
Dm go gree do?.
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by haibe(m): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2014
marieolae: smiley smiley smiley smiley
am sure you have the nairaland app on your phone, you are on every thread girl.
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by spanzed(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2014
haibe: am sure you have the nairaland app on your phone, you are on every thread girl.
haibe 2days u and rozzay one and two
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2014
spanzed: haibe 2days u and rozzay one and two
Wat am I doin here?
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by spanzed(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2014
rozzay:
Wat am I doin here?
Na u I sopox dey ask that one...where ur twin sisters Temi and mariole never see their green light 2day
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2014
spanzed: Na u I sopox dey ask that one...where ur twin sisters Temi and mariole never see their green light 2day
Dem neva come bak from sambisa stream were dem go fetch water

1 Like

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by spanzed(m): 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
rozzay:
grin grin grin...
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by haibe(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
spanzed: haibe 2days u and rozzay one and two
i dont understand bro
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
Omomehn: how about leaving their men hornnny? this should be number one on ur list.

At least you have just added it.
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
haibe: am sure you have the nairaland app on your phone, you are on every thread girl.

shocked
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
rozzay:
Wat am I doin here?

Should I tell you?
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
rozzay:

! Of all the stream way dey for their village, na sambiza stream they go?
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by haibe(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
Jennydoris:

shocked
lol why are you surprise? I see her on almost every thread
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Jennydoris(f): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
haibe: lol why are you surprise? I see her on almost every thread

Am not surprised. Never knew that there is someone that has noticed that too.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by haibe(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Jennydoris:

Am not surprised. Never knew that there is someone that has noticed that too.

i have noticed it oo
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by NaLaugh: 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
being in the relationship
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by boombay(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
undecided is this bus going to france?
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by austinbrown: 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
I neva read am sef
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
I don't even know what to say other than more grease to ya elbow @op
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by lonelydora: 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Okay
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by Heyliesha(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Let dem knw...tell dem
Re: The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. by InwehAkpevwe(m): 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Girls will still be girls! 2 diff 2 undastand nd kinda impossible 2 pls! Neva st8 4ward,...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Romantic Pepper Seller Gets Girlfriend's Name Carved On His Arm (video) / When Your sweet Romantic affair suddenly turns bitter. / Nigerian Couple Uses Tipper At Their Wedding As Wife Climbs A Ladder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.