Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Phcn Ordeal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn Ordeal (561 Views)

My 24-hour SSS Ordeal, By Sambo Dasuki / PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies / PHCN Staff Protest Unpaid Salaries (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phcn Ordeal by standupguy(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2014
So i recently moved into a newly built apartment in block of 6 flats, the landlord had already paid phcn for a prepaid meter for all flats but till today this meters are yet to be delivered by the company.
So we have no meters but phcn brought a bill of 6000 naira 2 months ago for each flat including for an unoccupied flat, they told us to pay this bill or be disconnected. We were also told that failure of any flat to pay would result to disconnect of all six flats.
Firstly we argued that 6000 was high as we never had steady power as at that time,(2 to 4 hrs a day) sometimes we go weeks without power. We also asked to know how they arrived at that amount even without reading a meter, they told us we couldn't contest it we either paid or get disconnected.

We paid this bill and the landlord paid for the empty unoccupied flat.
The next month the bill increased to 8000, despite our previous complains but we still paid it.
Two weeks ago we started experiencing better power stability because a transform was changed on the street and behold the bill came yesterday, it was 19,000 for each flat including the empty flat.
Making it a total of 114,000 for six flats a month.
Obviously this Nonsense has to stop, so we have decided to take our chances with our generators, they can as well uproot there electric pole and go home with there cables.
Until our prepaid meter is delivered then we know phcn is ready for business.
They can't be paying for an imaginary bill summed up by one retard without accountability to individual usage.
Re: Phcn Ordeal by Unionised(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2014
Biggest Scam in Nigeria.

Paid them 30k some 3 years ago for metre.

Since then I've refused to pay till they bring my metre.

#freelight
Re: Phcn Ordeal by mistudreh(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2014
Its all about fresh air... GEJ till 2015!!!
Re: Phcn Ordeal by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2014
How PHCN decides the bill they bring amazes me.

At times I believe the bills are prepared by a drunk man,imagine my mother's flat she's sent 40k.

Maybe the PHCN official think she's running a morgue.

Overall,prepaid meter is the best.

(1) (Reply)

A Crocodile’s Crocodile Tears / My View On TB Joshua And Boko Haram. / Happy Independence Day To My Fellow Compatriots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.