Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Nigerian Romance: A Fallacy Or A Worthwhile Venture? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Romance: A Fallacy Or A Worthwhile Venture? (473 Views)

Is It Possible To Romance A Girl To The Last Point But Still Deny You Sex? / How To Romance A Girl / Is Kiss And Romance A Must For Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Romance: A Fallacy Or A Worthwhile Venture? by Worksunlimited: 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
Was thinking to myself yesterday, after reading enlightening threads in the romance section of nairaland, about the incidence of nigerian relationship, its covert link to the availability of money and its ilk..

Though this association has being vehemently debunked by majority of the ladies, buh the men who find the tasking consistently consistent with the trying times of the nigerian economy coupled with the unemployment rate increase, beg to differ..

We all (conditional statement) watch the Telemundos e.g the rave of the moment "my sumtin sumtin daughter", Keeping up with the Kardashians (which to this day i dont understand the fuss about it, cos all i see is some original fakeness), e.t.c.. that portray romance as a beautiful thin in their culture.. Even the way they kiss each other on its own is so out of this world..

Which brings me to my Thought provoking question.. What makes Nigerian Romance so break-leg different, and Why?..
Re: Nigerian Romance: A Fallacy Or A Worthwhile Venture? by mstik(f): 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Are you trying to say that money is the basic requirement for every Nigerian relationship? If that's your point, I beg to differ. People have different priorities when considering going into a relationship.
Re: Nigerian Romance: A Fallacy Or A Worthwhile Venture? by Worksunlimited: 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
mstik: Are you trying to say that money is the basic requirement for every Nigerian relationship? If that's your point, I beg to differ. People have different priorities when considering going into a relationship.

Nope, thats not what am trying to say.. I believe money shouldnt be the building block of any decent nigerian relationship.. Buh when we combine realism and idealism of nigerian relationships, stats has it that money apparently is the building block of (most) nigerian relationship.. Now the question is; Does this really represent the true state of affairs of thins?

I mean there are lots of indices that could be used to guage a nigerian relationship and by extension nigerian romance, buh the money ish seems to be at the forefront of things.. Which brings about another question; Is it money that differentiates nigerian romance from other forms of romance that exists in different parts of the world? on 1 hand.. Or is it that nigerians are not capable of exhibiting romance in forms that captures the true essence of the word?

(1) (Reply)

Romance Makeover 02 / Relationships 101 / Who Is Mister Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.