Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. (1311 Views)

What To Do When She Drops The "Let's Just Be Friends Line" / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / When She Just Wants To Be Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by dolarland(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Freind zone rarely happens to women because even when a girl's fallen for a guy she isn't with, she's still getting approached by other men, and at some point she gets snapped out of it by this new man (or these new men ).
For a man though, when a man is hung up on one special girl. He stops meeting new women, to large degree, and stops getting chances to snap out of it.

The reasons why girls do this are:
1. The way you presented your self from beginning caused it.
2. They really don't know what they want with the guy
3. She's hoping for a better guy.
4. You are not her kind of guy
5. They feel bad about hurting the guy's feelings

This is not a uniquely female problem, men do this too.
i will digress a little here... explaining.

Men lead women on, keeping them trapped in relationships. the women think it is going somewhere, that usually go nowhere, because those men aren't sure whether or not they want to commit to those girls. spend the rest of thier life with the girl. I.e marry them / have kids with them someday.
Note! as he gets older he becomes more attractive and successful and better able to get higher caliber partners, and you gets older and becomes less attractive and fertile and less able to get higher caliber partners. The more time passes in a relationship without commitment, the worse things get for a girl and the more her time and opportunity is wasted.

Women also lead men on, keeping them trapped in
FRIENDZONE the men think things are going somewhere, that usually go nowhere.
In this case she keeps on showing you she likes you and so you keep on "HOPING INFINITY" and the girl delaying,
That means she wants more time to date other people and see if she can find someone better than him. or she's not even into him, but he stays there as a BACKUP OPTION

Most people aren't aware they're doing this or aware they're being selfish, They're just doing what's best for them.
But what's best for them isn't always what's best for you .
Confusion and delay is how your time is being bought, You are confused with the green lights and you keep on hoping.
In this case you are gambling with you time and emotions.
What complicates things for most guys are the word...
SEE SHE SAID SHE LIKES ME. of course she does. but ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS. Is she with you? NO? Why NOT.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHAINGE PEOPLE'S MINDS WHEN THEY HAVE ALREADY FRIENDZONED YOU.
Yes, absolutely it is! No one is 100% certain about anything. If your frame control is strong enough. U can get out. And if you ever get her. You would always be that guy she wasn't sure about, last OPTION guy.

How do guys end up being FRIENDZONED
1. She comes to you complaining about her present date. And you render advice. She has started seeing you as a friend
2, you don't send those flirty signs. Touches, telling her she looks hot etc.. you have to be some how fiirty with her. Dont over do this
3, given her too much attention/care/.wanting to know all her problem.
When you are in a relationship with her you can show all the care
Most guys try to do this stuff up front as "proof" of what great boyfriends they're going to be.
5. NOTE; ladies kind or sweet gesture does not neccessary mean she loves you or want to be your girlfriend. Ladies that are open and friendly. If she accepts every guy that ask her out. you will probably be her 1000 boyfriend.
If you are experience you will be able to know if she's in for relationship without asking her out.
GUYS FAIL TO UNDERSTAND DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRIENDS GESTURE TO THAT OF RELATIONSHIP.

Why are guys stoked in FRIENDZONE and find it difficult coming out.
1, you allow your emotions control you
2 you invested more in her, financial
3, for a man though... when a man is hung up on one special girl. He stops meeting new women to large degree, and stops getting chances to snap out of

NOTE; Basically, the longer a girl knows you without becoming your lover, the lower her level of attraction for you will drop.
Attraction's fairly high when you first met and then it spikes soon thereafter, before starting to fall again.. when you are not her lover.

One major problem guys have is being TOO SLOW in letting a woman know the reason you are showing attention to them is because you are INTERESTED in them ( NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A SHORTAGE OF FRIENDS)

3 Likes

Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by Jideh9ty(m): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
Haba broda, this post pass lecture. Bro, you de vex ooo, Nice you poured your mind, i learnt something sha. Nice post.
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by quinnboy: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
Oº°ºooOº°ºoo k I don hear.....too long like football commentary.
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
Na wah o, u wrote all that?
I see nothing wrong in "let's be friends"
It only backfires if you present yourself as a friendzone material.

1 Like

Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by naijaboiy: 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
Long but educative smiley
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by Tallesty1(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
FriendsZone is a nice place to be if you know how to play your cards.
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by DonaldGenes(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sorry 0p, n0 tiME reaDING all that epistle - prune it down or modify your post for easy read
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by missdebs(f): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
if one takes the time to read this thru, there're lots of sense in the post, we definetlely cant date every tom, d**k n harry that comes to us, if you dont fit into the criteria...sorry cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
God bless you OP, i am a solid testimony to all you have stated here. I once made a intentions known to a girl and she told me she didn't want a relationship as at then, believe me i just stopped caring and wouldn't give a f*uck. Believe me you, she contacted me after some months to know my wassup ( She didn't know i am/was a moving train ). I got to realize she actually wanted me but wanted to play the stupid games with me not knowing i am the wrongest person to try such with. I actually got over her and was not interested any longer. I couldn't care less, most ladies really do not know what they want and then they start feeling and thinking about the guy that got away after they acted up from the onset. Guys, up your self esteem, respect yourself , go after what you want, afterall its either a yes/no/win/lose.

1 Like

Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by dolarland(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ace2013: God bless you OP, i am a solid testimony to all you have stated here. I once made a intentions known to a girl and she told me she didn't want a relationship as at then, believe me i just stopped caring and wouldn't give a f*uck. Believe me you, she contacted me after some months to know my wassup ( She didn't know i am/was a moving train ). I got to realize she actually wanted me but wanted to play the stupid games with me not knowing i am the wrongest person to try such with. I actually got over her and was not interested any longer. I couldn't care less, most ladies really do not know what they want and then they start feeling and thinking about the guy that got away after they acted up from the onset. Guys, up your self esteem, respect yourself , go after what you want, afterall its either a yes/no/win/lose.
you are welcome
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by youngds: 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
i wish all dis d**k head & luv bratz wld read ds.. very enlightened

1 Like

Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
I've learnt so much.
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by dolarland(m): 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tallesty1: FriendsZone is a nice place to be if you know how to play your cards.
It will only b a nice place if d intension for askin her out was just to get into her pants and he never loves her. if a guy truly loves a girl, then freindzone is a terrible place to be most expecially when he sees her get into relationships
Re: Avoiding The "Let's Be Friends" Syndrome. Writeup not just for guys. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nice one at OP.
You are quite correct with this post.

One thing I know is no guy can really be friends with a girl especially after making his intention known.
It rarely happens so most of the time it just dies the way it came and they both move on.

There is nothing wrong with it though but if you don't want it then move on. Life goes on.
If you feel you can remain friends which to me doesn't make sense then you can.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage / Advice Him / Sweet Naija Love - Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.