Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195287 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 5:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Kudibaby:
drsteroid,no it's not a boil,what I mean I used to see a round thing like ball very small and it 'll just come and go on its own,it usually makes me discomfort when I try to close my eyes
I can't really giv a gud diagnosis 2 wot u are talking abt since I can't really see it..a gud pictorial view wud have helped...if u have one,u can send it 2 me,4 proper diagnosis and possible treatment options..if u can't, u can visit an eye clinic within ur area for proper diagnosis and treatment. Thanx

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by emmkid(m): 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
Please help , my eye hurts whenever i watch movie on d
system or the tv.it causes headache wen exposed directly to light, It hurts badly that the next option for me
is to go n sleep. And whenever i try to read something far-
away, i end up straining my eyes or seeing the wrong thin, dey gavee me a photochromic lens,
, i'm just 17 years old, sometimes, i abandon my books
because of the pain in my eyes your reply 'll be
highly appreciated
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
emmkid:
Please help , my eye hurts whenever i watch movie on d
system or the tv.it causes headache wen exposed directly to light, It hurts badly that the next option for me
is to go n sleep. And whenever i try to read something far-
away, i end up straining my eyes or seeing the wrong thin, dey gavee me a photochromic lens,
, i'm just 17 years old, sometimes, i abandon my books
because of the pain in my eyes your reply 'll be
highly appreciated
from your case history,it showed you have a refractive error which makes u experience blurry vision @ far,and u are also extremely photophobic..I will like 2 know hw u are feeling wit d photochromic lens that was prescribed 2 u...is there a relieve now,compared to your discomfort u do feel b4 when exposed 2 light or watching tv?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Kudibaby(f): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
thanks dr
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by emmkid(m): 6:47am On Apr 14, 2015
drsteroid:
from your case history,it showed you have a refractive error which makes u experience blurry vision @ far,and u are also extremely photophobic..I will like 2 know hw u are feeling wit d photochromic lens that was prescribed 2 u...is there a relieve now,compared to your discomfort u do feel b4 when exposed 2 light or watching tv?

i feel better, without d photochromic lens, na headachr 4 afternoon n nyt oooo, but wit it, ts very beta
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dsleekman(m): 7:52am On Apr 14, 2015
Good day Dr.

I have an eye problem that comes and go. It's gone for now, but when the thing starts, it will be itching me seriously and when I rob with my hand, I starts feeling as if a tipper of sand has been poured into the eyes. And I have visited an optician,an indian and he said it's just a minor thing and he gave me an eye drop that works perfectly.

My question now is, what exactly can I do to correct my eyes completely?
Or I just have to manage like that because I thought that drug should cured it since I have been using it.

Am anxiously waiting.

Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
dsleekman:
Good day Dr.

I have an eye problem that comes and go. It's gone for now, but when the thing starts, it will be itching me seriously and when I rob with my hand, I starts feeling as if a tipper of sand has been poured into the eyes. And I have visited an optician,an indian and he said it's just a minor thing and he gave me an eye drop that works perfectly.

My question now is, what exactly can I do to correct my eyes completely?
Or I just have to manage like that because I thought that drug should cured it since I have been using it.

Am anxiously waiting.

Thanks
4rm ur complain,u probably have seasonal allergic conjuctivitis,since its something that comes and go, a deltailed eye examination will give the correct diagnosis..Allergic conjuctivitis is caused by allergens ( dust,sand,smoke, etc). Exposure to these,substances will trigger itching.A detailed examination is also needed to check 4 follicles and foreign body. Preventing ur eyes from these allegens ( dust,smoke,sand,) and proper hygiene which include profer facial hygiene will help preven its occurrence. Thanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
Kudibaby:
thanks dr
Uwc
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
emmkid:

i feel better, without d photochromic lens, na headachr 4 afternoon n nyt oooo, but wit it, ts very beta
kk...u need to continue with the photochromic lenses,cos it helps you adjust to your environment,so that you can feel comfortable.u nid it whenever you are using your laptop,watching tv,in a bright environment. So that u can feel comfortable and also help, by preventing u frm having photophobia related headache..tanx u
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by olaegbeoludare(m): 12:45am On Apr 15, 2015
Dr,
Ve a growth just a little around d black part of my right eye,noticed it almost 3yrs now nd I went for test but I ran away cos I was told I might need a surgery. I discovered the growth is gettin bigger last wk I noticed it's cumin to my left eye. I ran away for d surgery cos of two reasons, 1)i am scared of surgery as ve never done any b4. 2)am jobless I may not be able to afford it. Plz wat should I do
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
A
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:04am On May 02, 2015
xTerses:
Hello Doctor,

Had a cataract surgery about 2 months ago. They said its a complicated one cos it been there for a long time also it was caused by injury. She couldn't bring out the whole cataracts, she said it fibrotic and ended up making a little passage for light to penetrate. Before surgery I only saw lights after surgery I was able to see shadows and count fingers. She told me it might be because I was unable to see with the eye for a very long time so the brain already shut down images from that eye.

They keep asking me to come back every two weeks. What could be wrong? Can the whole cataracts still be removed also is there still hope of seeing clearly with it. I did SICS
gud day,when cataract bcoms fibrotic, one has to take precaution during cataract surgery cos this may cause more complications and problem 2 d eye.hence,care must be taken cos the fibrotic lens is now so thick and might have adhered firmly to the vitreo.retinal wall,wch may collapse this wall and cause retinal detachment,cystoid macula edema,and destruction of the sensitive cells in the retina. This is y it is advisable 2 always try as much as possible to save d eye.I wil advice u adhere strictly 2 ur doctor's advice and go 4 ur check up regularly.this wil hep u reserve the remaining ur vision.thanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Destinygrl(f): 8:57pm On May 02, 2015
hi doc plz hw cld I make my eyes look bright again any special food,eye drops or tabs tnz
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ednut1(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2015
i use my phone alot nd my eye hurts nd i can feel my vision decliing. can it lead to blindness in old age
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2015
olaegbeoludare:
Dr,
Ve a growth just a little around d black part of my right eye,noticed it almost 3yrs now nd I went for test but I ran away cos I was told I might need a surgery. I discovered the growth is gettin bigger last wk I noticed it's cumin to my left eye. I ran away for d surgery cos of two reasons, 1)i am scared of surgery as ve never done any b4. 2)am jobless I may not be able to afford it. Plz wat should I do
I have already answered u on whatsapp. What you have is called pterygium which requires surgery to scrape off the conjuctiva tissue overlying your cornea.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:04pm On May 03, 2015
Destinygrl:
hi doc
plz hw cld I make my eyes look bright again
any special food,eye drops or tabs tnz
gud day,if you eyes are physiologically not white,there is little or nothing you can do about it.
The basic things you have to do in preventing brownish or reddish eyes are
1) Protecting your eyes from allergens like dust,smoke,excessive sunlight,wind etc.
2) Encouraging proper facial hygeine through proper washing of our face and eyes with clean water whenever any foreign body or dust enters our eyes,and before going to bedm
3)Eating of fruits at least once daily and eating foods rich in vitamins

In cases where redness of the eyes is being caused by pathology or allegens, drugscan help take care of such redness
It is usually advisable to visit an Eyye doctor for a comprehensive eye examination,proper diagnosis and available treatment option. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:07pm On May 03, 2015
ednut1:
i use my phone alot nd my eye hurts nd i can feel my vision decliing. can it lead to blindness in old age
frequent use of phones,laptops,computers can lead to computer vision syndrome (CVS). The major symptoms of CVS are eye strain,pain,discomfort,tearing etc.CVS has implicated as one of the causes of UV radiated induced cataract,and cataract happens to be the leading causes of cataract globally. It is advisable to see an eye doctor for a comprehensive eye test and the necessary treatment . Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ptoall1000: 1:29pm On May 07, 2015
I hv short sigthedness and I was given spec -1. 75 in a clinic, I felt the price of clinic glasses are high so I bought one from road side which pains me when i wear it though it corrects my vision. Does is mean d glass is fake?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 2:08am On May 10, 2015
ptoall1000:
I hv short sigthedness and I was given spec -1. 75 in a clinic, I felt the price of clinic glasses are high so I bought one from road side which pains me when i wear it though it corrects my vision. Does is mean d glass is fake?
I need to get you clearly,was it the frame you got outside the clinic or the lens itself?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by adexchamp(m): 9:56am On May 11, 2015
Doctor, There is this whitish thing in the black area of my eye and its been there for a long time but i thought it was a small issue but right now i found out that i cannot read words very near to me and if i look up in the sky my eyes will be watery and paining. Pls i need a solution on what i can do,Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2015
adexchamp:
Doctor, There is this whitish thing in the black area of my eye and its been there for a long time but i thought it was a small issue but right now i found out that i cannot read words very near to me and if i look up in the sky my eyes will be watery and paining. Pls i need a solution on what i can do,Thanks
I will like 2 see a picture of the eye,4 proper diagnosis and treatment option
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by knowhowk: 7:41pm On May 11, 2015
If you are having any eye problem and do not have money to run the test, there is a free eye screening at OTA GENERAL HOSPITAL, OTA, OBASANJO BUS STOP. SANGO OTA. it organized by Lions club international. Dates:12th MAY, 2015. GIVEN OF GLASSES 13TH MAY. regards.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2015
knowhowk:
If you are having any eye problem and do not have money to run the test, there is a free eye screening at OTA GENERAL HOSPITAL, OTA, OBASANJO BUS STOP. SANGO OTA. it organized by Lions club international. Dates:12th MAY, 2015. GIVEN OF GLASSES 13TH MAY. regards.
good info...anyone staying around dat axis should take advantage of this gsture 4rm Lion's club.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by adexchamp(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2015
adexchamp:
. Kindly give me an e-mail address so I can send that to you in private.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2015
adexchamp:
. Kindly give me an e-mail address so I can send that to you in private.Thanks
edmundo.steroidal@gmail.com
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iamoge(f): 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
Nice job dr grin grin I am a fresh Optometry graduate. Stil searching for where I can do my internship. undecided wil appreciate any help. Thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:57am On May 13, 2015
iamoge:
Nice job dr grin grin I am a fresh Optometry graduate. Stil searching for where I can do my internship. undecided wil appreciate any help. Thank you
gud day doc,where do u stay?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iamoge(f): 7:27am On May 13, 2015
drsteroid:
gud day doc,where do u stay?
. Gud am doc. I stay in port harcourt
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by adexchamp(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2015
drsteroid:
edmundo.steroidal@gmail.com
Doctor,I've sent a mail to the addy u gave me but you're yet to respond!
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:14am On May 18, 2015
iamoge:
. Gud am doc. I stay in port harcourt
am sorry doc,I don't know any clinic in ph
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:16am On May 18, 2015
adexchamp:
Doctor,I've sent a mail to the addy u gave me but you're yet to respond!
am sorry bro...I haven't received ur mail...I wud av responded swiftly if I had seen it,maybe u try send it again,or u talk 2 me on whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.