Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194423 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:26pm On Jan 13
Bladeripper:

Here, doc. It usually becomes this red whenever I wake up from sleep. And the area below my iris is always inflammed.
does your eye itch quite alot?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Bladeripper(m): 10:19pm On Jan 13
optm:
does your eye itch quite alot?
It does, especially at night.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:00pm On Jan 14
Bladeripper:
It does, especially at night.
it looks like vernal kerato conjuctivitis and might be needing an antihistamine/mast cell stabilizer and with a steroid eye drop if safe for you.
You should get to visit an eye clinic to prescribe you some medications. All the best
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jonnex: 7:55pm On Jan 14
Doctor, I appreciate you for opening this thread. I can read books without using glasses, though I have glasses with the Number +200. What I discovered recently is that when I am watching the TV or computer screen, the words will be as if it was divided into two, I thought it was my screen that was showing like that until I later discovered this in the church today and I asked a guy sitting beside me and he said the words are in good order. Pls what are the causes and what can I do? Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Bladeripper(m): 11:43pm On Jan 14
optm:
it looks like vernal kerato conjuctivitis and might be needing an antihistamine/mast cell stabilizer and with a steroid eye drop if safe for you.
You should get to visit an eye clinic to prescribe you some medications. All the best
Thank you for your time, doc. I'll head to the clinic and update you on the progress. I appreciate.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:30pm On Jan 15
Bladeripper:

Thank you for your time, doc. I'll head to the clinic and update you on the progress. I appreciate.
uwlcm. All the best
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:34pm On Jan 15
jonnex:
Doctor, I appreciate you for opening this thread. I can read books without using glasses, though I have glasses with the Number +200. What I discovered recently is that when I am watching the TV or computer screen, the words will be as if it was divided into two, I thought it was my screen that was showing like that until I later discovered this in the church today and I asked a guy sitting beside me and he said the words are in good order. Pls what are the causes and what can I do? Thanks
how old are you? How long have you been using your current glass prescription? Does your eye feel peppery or dry?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jonnex: 10:58pm On Jan 15
optm:
how old are you? How long have you been using your current glass prescription? Does your eye feel peppery or dry?

I am 57 years of age, and my eyes are itching periodically, especially on the left side. I've been using my glass prescription for more than 5yrs.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:49am On Jan 16
jonnex:

I am 57 years of age, and my eyes are itching periodically, especially on the left side. I've been using my glass prescription for more than 5yrs.
your lens prescription is due for change. Go get another test done
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jonnex: 8:08am On Jan 16
optm:
your lens prescription is due for change. Go get another test done

I appreciate you doc, thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16
jonnex:

I appreciate you doc, thanks
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Rach310(f): 12:04am On Jan 28
Hello Doctor,thanks for the good work,I've had this reocurring issue with my eyes for almost 8 years now,I don't know wether to call it a boil or a growth when it initially started it starts from my lower eyelids and sometimes goes up to the upper eyelid,after a period of time it goes away, sometime it stays for months but i noticed lately it doesn't occur like before,i went to the hospital a certain time,i was given medications and told if it dosent go away they might have to perfom surgery on it to bring out what is there but as at that time my guidian was not comfortable with the idea so i stayed like that and it disappeared on its own,it happened again on Tuesday,I went to the pharmacy and was given some drugs which reduced it's swolleness but it's still there like a lump,please I want to know if there is anything else I can do or take to cure it completely aside the option of surgery because I saw a doctor concerning this 4 months ago and he made mention of incision.Thanks in anticipation to your reply.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dejol88: 2:04am On Jan 28
Hello doc, my mum is in her seventy’s and has been diagnosed of glaucoma and cataract. So , we are of the opinion she does the cataract surgery to see what progress we would have achieved. With this, could you kindly point to us a good hospital where she can have the surgery performed? She is currently scared of going through the surgery due to stories of those who got blind after surgery.Thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:00am On Jan 30
Rach310:
Hello Doctor,thanks for the good work,I've had this reocurring issue with my eyes for almost 8 years now,I don't know wether to call it a boil or a growth when it initially started it starts from my lower eyelids and sometimes goes up to the upper eyelid,after a period of time it goes away, sometime it stays for months but i noticed lately it doesn't occur like before,i went to the hospital a certain time,i was given medications and told if it dosent go away they might have to perfom surgery on it to bring out what is there but as at that time my guidian was not comfortable with the idea so i stayed like that and it disappeared on its own,it happened again on Tuesday,I went to the pharmacy and was given some drugs which reduced it's swolleness but it's still there like a lump,please I want to know if there is anything else I can do or take to cure it completely aside the option of surgery because I saw a doctor concerning this 4 months ago and he made mention of incision.Thanks in anticipation to your reply.
from the description i guess it's Chalazion. Yes botox injection can be tried but surgery is the most effective way in getting it out. In minutes, you are done. The surgery isnt that complex. I know you are scared cos of the word surgery and your imaginations are running wild. You can check up videos on the net to see what it's like
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:01am On Jan 30
dejol88:
Hello doc, my mum is in her seventy’s and has been diagnosed of glaucoma and cataract. So , we are of the opinion she does the cataract surgery to see what progress we would have achieved. With this, could you kindly point to us a good hospital where she can have the surgery performed? She is currently scared of going through the surgery due to stories of those who got blind after surgery.Thank you
hi which state are you resident in?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Rach310(f): 9:39am On Jan 30
optm:
from the description i guess it's Chalazion. Yes botox injection can be tried but surgery is the most effective way in getting it out. In minutes, you are done. The surgery isnt that complex. I know you are scared cos of the word surgery and your imaginations are running wild. You can check up videos on the net to see what it's like
Thanks Sir for the reply,I think I'm left with no other option,I'll give it a try but truly thinking about it freaks me out.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dejol88: 7:29pm On Jan 30
optm:
hi which state are you resident in?
Lagos Nigeria
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:53pm On Feb 05
dejol88:

Lagos Nigeria
send a direct message
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by akingold2: 8:37am On Feb 16
Good morning Doctor, Pls can I use atenolol with timolor?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:21am On Mar 10
Hello healthlanders, it has been a privilege sharing my knowledge on eye healthcare with you all ;particularly on this thread. I would not be attending to questions here anymore as i am no longer in practice and feel you would be safer getting advice from someone in practice because they would be up-to-date in treatment approach to various eye health conditions out there.
I hope someone would be gracious enough to keep the thread going on.
Well, until i get back in practice sometime in the future, it's goodbye and i also thank you; the originator of this thread. God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 5:43pm On Mar 29
optm:
Hello healthlanders, it has been a privilege sharing my knowledge on eye healthcare with you all ;particularly on this thread. I would not be attending to questions here anymore as i am no longer in practice and feel you would be safer getting advice from someone in practice because they would be up-to-date in treatment approach to various eye health conditions out there.
I hope someone would be gracious enough to keep the thread going on.
Well, until i get back in practice sometime in the future, it's goodbye and i also thank you; the originator of this thread. God bless us all.

Just seeing this. It's been a long ride Dr optm. You've been of help to many without collecting a penny. Thanks so much for the service you've rendered. God bless you sir.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:07pm On Mar 29
Antiochus:

Just seeing this. It's been a long ride Dr optm. You've been of help to many without collecting a penny. Thanks so much for the service you've rendered. God bless you sir.
Thank you. Very much appreciate your words
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Dlemy: 9:19am On Apr 14
Happy Sunday
Doctors, Pharmacist, Hospital and Admin Store Personnel in the house.
Kindly assist connect me with medical equipment or medicine delivery job (Medical Courier)
I have my own bus to do the delivery job but I need contacts within Lagos and it environment please.
Reach me on : 08148064886.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by hartson(m): 12:08pm On Apr 16
nice thread
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Wiinnd(m): 8:34am On Apr 17
ba7man:
I was struck in my eye with a metal object about a month ago.

Its healed and though the sight is not perfect as it used to be (I sometimes have to close the eye to focus better with the other and sudden eye movement takes time to focus).

The main concern is a flash of light.......like light caught in a drop of water that flashes past a corner of my sight at intervals. Its quite distracting.

Pls, What could it be??

Hello Bro,

Can I talk to you on this? I've similar situation. How is your eyes now and what was done about it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Rexkingsley(m): 4:03am On Apr 20
My aunt was diagonised with retina detachment and need a surgery Asap we have no |I dea on where to go for the surgery any help will be appreciated
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ba7man(m): 10:21pm On Apr 20
Wiinnd:

Hello Bro,

Can I talk to you on this? I've similar situation. How is your eyes now and what was done about it?
Good evening. My sight is better now.

It healed by itself but it just took a while longer than one would expect......say months.

If there's pain in one eye, try to cover it with a patch to avoid it ruining the other one.

Doc just gave me different drugs and one very powerful painkiller........ but go see a doctor on time sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.