Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405696 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by staggerman(m): 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Please send the NEBOSH material to smartnnamdi@gmail.com.
Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Princejydo(m): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2012
Hello guy pls i have a certification hse issued by OSHA( USA) which is coordinated by ELAK group but people are questioning the genuinity of the certificate. Pls what ur opinion
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
jimbass: @brainwave, thanks for ur comment I realy appreciate it.

You're most welcome!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
squad1: @Brainwave @All.. I am a Civil Engr but not decided whether i should go for HSE or the NISP Construction Safety (Constr HSE)course... what do u think?

Why not try out the General HSE (NISP)
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
envee:

Yes Sir....I will visit often as I still have so much to learn as well.

Gracias Senor.

Gracias Senora!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
ayolatun: smileyThis thread is amazing. I am a Cell, Biology and Genetics student of the Univerity of Lagos and my area of specialization is Environmental Biology. I am in final year in school hoping to be at the forefront in Environmental Management as well as HSE.

I have read through from page 1 and am happy with the knowledge I have been able to acquire. A Big thumbs up to brainwave and co. God bless you guys.

God bless you too!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Princejydo: Hello guy pls i have a certification hse issued by OSHA( USA) which is coordinated by ELAK group but people are questioning the genuinity of the certificate. Pls what ur opinion

Hmmmmn...I'd suggest you try contacting OSHA directly to verify the authenthicity of the Nigerian representative or partners but again, you've already obtained the cert ..........
@ALL, anyone with helpful info for Jydo?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by joyceereal(f): 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2012
@ all i really enjoy this thread, its educating and informating. Pls can an OND holder go for these courses?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:40pm On Jul 01, 2012
joyceereal: @ all i really enjoy this thread, its educating and informating. Pls can an OND holder go for these courses?

@joyce, you're welcome! Sure, an OND holder can go for these courses i.e, if you're refering to Level 1 HSE training courses.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by greatlee(m): 6:59am On Jul 02, 2012
This tread is the most hilarious and educating tread i have come across here on NL. @ poster, may God bless and enrich you always.

Please i need your advice. I am a graduate of Geology/Physics from a reputable university in Naija but after spending 3 years in the country without a job, i jetted out of the country where i am not doing bad presently. While i was in Naija, just immediately after my NYSC, i took the HSE leve 2 and 3 certification courses but it did not make job hunting any easier. Now that i have come across this tread, my interest in HSE have just been rekindled. I have made enquiries about the NEBOSH and it will cost me about $1,700 USD. I also would like to take the course alongside another HSE course; Auditor/Lead Auditor OH&S Management System OHSAS 18001 which will cost me about $600 USD. Please i need an advice if this is worth investing into as i will be retunrning to Naija by the end of this year and hope to find a job and stay back home with my new family. Is ot better to do the training here or back in Naija?

Please advice me. God bless you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Jaywon242(m): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
BEEHANDZ,plz I need the nebosh material too. I did botany in my first degree and did masters in env control nd mgt. Want to get more inclined to dis safety stuff. I went for an interview in chevron last year bt wasnt taken cos I didnt ve any experience or training in safety. Since then, I worked as a safety officer for 6 months in one of chevron's platforms for a company that was given a contract by chevron. So I want to go back there after I gained valuable experience and certification. Sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Jaywon242(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2012
My e mail address is bobbywebs@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by greatlee(m): 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2012
@ Brainwave, pls am waiting for your response. God bless
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by afroxyz: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
Plz when is the next date for NEBOSH examsN and where can one register and prepare for the exams. Anyone with materials can kindly forward to chikasco@gmail.com plz hose, I need your help
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by greatlee(m): 12:34am On Jul 03, 2012
Dickson oil: Dear all , so nice to be here today HSE is a good course to follow but the main fact is getting the job
i was in NISP office, stadium road PH. today to find out the cost of NEBOSH training , i was told it's 310k.
who knows what will be the out come of the new beginning. am a petroleum engr. i've done Rig Safety, HSE level 1 and 3
up till now no job . i need a way out.

Dickson, please do you know if the course they do at NISP office stadium rd PHC is NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or
NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety. Please if anyone in the house have an answer to my question should please clarify me. Brainwaver, you can throw more light pls.

Thank you.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dear All,
Pls see details of next NEBOSH IGC in Port Harcourt (September 2012).

Kindy

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2012
greatlee: @ Brainwave, pls am waiting for your response. God bless
greatlee: This tread is the most hilarious and educating tread i have come across here on NL. @ poster, may God bless and enrich you always.

Please i need your advice. I am a graduate of Geology/Physics from a reputable university in Naija but after spending 3 years in the country without a job, i jetted out of the country where i am not doing bad presently. While i was in Naija, just immediately after my NYSC, i took the HSE leve 2 and 3 certification courses but it did not make job hunting any easier. Now that i have come across this tread, my interest in HSE have just been rekindled. I have made enquiries about the NEBOSH and it will cost me about $1,700 USD. I also would like to take the course alongside another HSE course; Auditor/Lead Auditor OH&S Management System OHSAS 18001 which will cost me about $600 USD. Please i need an advice if this is worth investing into as i will be retunrning to Naija by the end of this year and hope to find a job and stay back home with my new family. Is ot better to do the training here or back in Naija?

Please advice me. God bless you

@greatlee, I'm of the opinion that you could as well get your NEBOSH certification where you're based before returning to Nigeria. I particularly do not see any advantage or 'edge' you will gain by obtaining the qualification in Nigeria. As to the question of the 'worthiness' of investing in the HSE certifications (i.e, NEBOSH & Auditor/Lead Auditor OH&S Management System OHSAS 18001), it all depends on your career path on returning to the country. But again, the truth is, there are no guarantees on these issues, one often has to take calculated risks, plan or work out a 'practicable' strategy & then leave the rest to God. That's my thought. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Beehandz(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
Hey,
i will send the nebosh material to you but i got it from some1 free.i heard that some1 i gave the material here on this thread is now collecting money to give it out.well, i got it free from a colleague on this thread but with the look of things, money might now be involve from now on. so if u r interested send me an official email requesting for the NEBOSH IGC material.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by greatlee(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ Brainwave, Thank you for your candid advice. I will go and register for the course ASAP. God bless you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by afroxyz: 9:58am On Jul 10, 2012
@brainwave: plz do u knw where i can register for NEBOSH in lagos or ph. Also can you help me with materials? Plz i need your help
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TSP: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
Just stumbled in2 ds forum. I have passed my IGC exams n I am searching for a job now. I used to work in †ђε bank for 4 years b4 I resigned to pursue my interest. Please can sm1 suggest where one can do volunteer jobs even if its just to gain xperience. My location is lagos. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TSP: 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
afroxyz: @brainwave: plz do u knw where i can register for NEBOSH in lagos or ph. Also can you help me with materials? Plz i need your help

U can visit www.sheilds.co.uk, they r registerd nebosh tutors, u can do †ђε elearnin n write ur xams in british council, it won't cost you up to 250k. That's what I did..
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by afroxyz: 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
@brainwave: tnx. When do the exams normally come up? So that i can gv myself a time frame. Also do u have any materials that wld be of help to me?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by barblaze: 1:04am On Jul 11, 2012
hello everyone, i am new here.this forum is a place to be.will be very glad to receive the nebosh material.plz my email is barbarajack2004@yahoo.com
i did some basic HSE course with NISP and hope to go for the nebosh certfification soon
.i really neeed the materials
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Esthametor: 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Pls i need d material too. Esthane2003@yahoo.com. Thanks
Beehandz:

thanks bro.got it. anybody interested too can request the NEBOSH material as the sender told us to share with others
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by barblaze: 2:55am On Jul 12, 2012
@ Beehandz,plz inbox me the nebosh material-barbarajack2004@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by afroxyz: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2012
@ brainwave: I have visted the site as ​​U̶̲̥̅̊ suggested. Do ​​U̶̲̥̅̊ think I would be ready for the sptember exams or I should chill till march?
@house: plz anyone with nebosh materials should send to chikasco@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Kindy: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
afroxyz: @brainwave: plz do u knw where i can register for NEBOSH in lagos or ph. Also can you help me with materials? Plz i need your help.

You can register with Finny Integrated Services Limited in Port Harcourt, 12B Circular Road, Elekahia Estate, Port Harcourt, tel: 08068837209, 0803 557 8818, next exam comes up in September 2012, just concluded one in May 2012.
Goodluck.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by hazelle: 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2012
Dear everyone, I'm interested in taking the SHE course but first from NISP.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Jskill(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2012
Beehandz:

thanks bro.got it. anybody interested too can request the NEBOSH material as the sender told us to share with others
Bros kindly forward the NEBOSH material to my mail as well: soboreth2009@yahoo.com. thanks for ur response.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by mecuzee(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
I'm also interested in the NEBOSH material. Pls kindly forward to leefrad@yahoo.ca. Thanks in advance smiley
Jskill: Bros kindly forward the NEBOSH material to my mail as well: soboreth2009@yahoo.com. thanks for ur response.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Milito: 2:57am On Jul 22, 2012
duintes: Excellent thread. You guys have done a great job here. Got on to this thread while researching HSE career prospects and options for a mentee. It appears the focus here is more on Health and Safety. This tends to suggest that the "Environment" aspect of the discipline is still in its infancy in Nigeria or is not very much appreciated.

Also, I suspect a dearth of interest in "Environment" here and hence the near zero information in that area. Associate Certificate in Environmental Management from IEMA and IEMA Diploma might be good value for money for those interested in the the E aspect of HSE. You may wish to visit http://www.iema.net for more details.

I am not a HSE practitioner but it does appear that IEMA certifications are as prestigious as Nebosh and if not more because candidates who have successfully completed the NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management after the 1st January 2008 may apply to IEMA for Associate membership. Candidates who completed the course prior to 1st January 2008 are not eligible for this membership level. Refer to NEBOSH website - http://www.nebosh.org.uk/qualifications/diploma/default.asp?cref=74&ct=2

Hope someone finds this useful.

I indeed found this very useful. I have a keen interest in the 'Environment' aspect of HSE, but as u said it seems its not as favoured as the Occupational Health and Safety Aspect.

Brainwave and co. u are really doing a wonderful job on this thread. I actually started reading the thread from when u started it till present time (although i jumped 1 or 2 pages in 2010, lol). And I must confess I am really impressed. Brainwave and the other experienced guys in this field, pls I would like u to shed more light on the quote above. I was actually eager to read a response to this but was disappointed tht no response was given.

As I said earlier, I am more interested in the 'Environment' aspect of HSE. I studied BSc Environmental Biology and MSc Envt Pollution Mangt. But I have been stuck in Customer Service for a reputable company for 2 years plus now but I REALLY want to work in my field as my interest lies there. I have even done NISP Levels 2 and 3 (3yrs ago) and another Occupational Safety and Health certification last year but I'v been unable to move basically due to my lack of experience in this line.

Brainwave pls enlighten me:
- is the Envt aspect of HSE relegated in Nigeria?
- NEBOSH as u said is an expensive investment, is NEBOSH International General Certificate a Plus/value for someone interested mainly in the Envt aspect of HSE?
- whats ur professional opinion btw NEBOSH and IEMA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.