Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (407108 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Agbajen: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sir, I would like to send my cv to you. I have HSE2 and 3 certificate. Thanks.
temitopeking:

if u re in lagos, send me mail at micholatop@gmail.com, i will forward a company add to u, u will submit ur cv but they re not recruiting for now but hopefully soon coz im in there HSSE dept and we re pushing for more staffs.atleast i started with the same qualification u re holding 2 years ago.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by nomso02(f): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2016
hello @diehard where do you work,i have done my HSE 1,2&3 appled for jobs but never got called,i would really love to work in my field.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by desertboom(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
Greetings. . .
I will start with ISPON on Monday. General HSE and HSE Supervision (Level 3) is what I have already registered for.
Please, I will be glad if someone can help me with any relevant material that will be of help.
Also, any information or tips will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2016
desertboom:
Greetings. . .
I will start with ISPON on Monday. General HSE and HSE Supervision (Level 3) is what I have already registered for.
Please, I will be glad if someone can help me with any relevant material that will be of help.
Also, any information or tips will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks
You don't need materials, go to class, get the text books, listen attentively in class and do well.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by desertboom(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
zeongeon:
You don't need materials, go to class, get the text books, listen attentively in class and do well.
Thanks for the heads up
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Greatken007(m): 5:36am On Jul 21, 2016
For ISPON you don't need any other additional material, once you are in the class you are sure of making it. It is more of understanding the basic principles of Safety,
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Ayopercent(m): 10:54am On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=mbula post=46660810][/quote]
Hv done General hse and level 3 since 2012 bt no HSE job offer yet.Pls I need ur help......
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Agbajen: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2016
My people in the house,i need NEBOSH materials for my preparation for the training. Thanks in advance. U can reach me on 08052125763.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2016
hello room,

pls i'm a 400 level petroleum engineering student in need of an i.t placement.my i.t started in june, and till date i havent gotten any..

pls, i know that, here in this forum are top professional in the field, i need your help with an i.t placement so that i can pratice what my course entails, even if it with little or no welfare packages.

for help and recommendation, you can reach me on 09050093482

thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Gozychuks(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
anyone writing nebosh igc in August or anytime soon can on me
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by murphydon(m): 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
plz sir, can you also foreward the nebosh materials to me. plz i really need it. thanks. mike.umeh1759@gmail.com
Jett01:
Thanks a lot and God bless u I saw it
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Agbajen: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2016
Gozychuks:
anyone writing nebosh igc in August or anytime soon can on me
please you can send materials to me.i am writing in September.nureinsalam@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Agbajen: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2016
murphydon:
plz sir, can you also foreward the nebosh materials to me. plz i really need it. thanks. mike.umeh1759@gmail.com
I will appreciate if you can forward it to me.nureinsalam@yahoo.com.Thanks in advance.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kinz17: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2016
Agbajen:
I will appreciate if you can forward it to me.nureinsalam@yahoo.com.Thanks in advance.
I will appreciate if u can forward it to me sir arighewood@yahoo.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by xclusiveguy4(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2016
Hi please wanna know how to verify a registered Hse training center

I'm a Corp member currently serving in nasarawa state, and I've registered with a training center here

Thanks in advance
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Lawalsuleiman(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
xclusiveguy4:

I'm a Corp member currently serving in nasarawa state, and I've registered with a training center here

Thanks in advance

I face same predicament, and I'm a corp member too. The centre I registered with claim they have ties with Joint professional training support International, JPTS. Verifying this has been challenging any help?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by McMyer: 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
Please, are you guys saying that it's harder getting a job without being a member of ISPON?

I have HSE level 3 from Novelle Centre already. Thanks, all.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by xxgig(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2016
xclusiveguy4:

Thanks in advance
PERSONALLY TO AVOID WASTING MY LITTLE SAVINGS, I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO DO HSE IN NASARAWA. D PRICES ARE WAY TOO CHEAP, AND I KEEP WONDERING WITH SUCH PRICE AND NO INDUSTRIES AROUND, WHERE WILL D PROFESSIONALS COME FROM, ABI na just material d person wan come read for us?

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by desertboom(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
Please, I need help and advice from experienced industry people;

I am awaiting HSE level 3 training as I've done others and level 3 will commence two weeks from now with ISPON. Please, my questions is as follows;

1). Is it easy to get a paid employment with Multinationals with just level 3 HSE from ISPON?

2). Is it true that NEBOSH is the entry requirement for Multinationals?

3). Does NEBOSH have grade like our BSc certificate?

Thanks as I await positive responses.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by xclusiveguy4(m): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
xxgig:
PERSONALLY TO AVOID WASTING MY LITTLE SAVINGS, I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO DO HSE IN NASARAWA. D PRICES ARE WAY TOO CHEAP, AND I KEEP WONDERING WITH SUCH PRICE AND NO INDUSTRIES AROUND, WHERE WILL D PROFESSIONALS COME FROM, ABI na just material d person wan come read for us?

the institute I registered with said 20k for Hse

and induction 10k

what's the name of the institute you wanna register with when you were serving in nasarawa
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by xclusiveguy4(m): 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lawalsuleiman:

I face same predicament, and I'm a corp member too. The centre I registered with claim they have ties with Joint professional training support International, JPTS. Verifying this has been challenging any help?

what's the name of the institute
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by xxgig(m): 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
xclusiveguy4:

the institute I registered with said 20k for Hse

and induction 10k

what's the name of the institute you wanna register with when you were serving in nasarawa
I HAVE NOT REGISTERED WITH ANY YET.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by xclusiveguy4(m): 6:47am On Aug 17, 2016
xxgig:
I HAVE NOT REGISTERED WITH ANY YET.
ok
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Itodo2014(f): 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
I did HSE 1&2 since 2014 but it didn't get me any Job.I work in a HMO now .
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by usmanbma(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
Good day safety professionals in the house, some questions have been bugging my mind lately concerning the hse certificates from ispon. What's the difference between the General HSE certificate and that of level 1 and 2, because from cost point of view, one needs 45k for the GHSE while the amount is lesser to get levels 1&2 combined. Any implication if one starts from 1 upto 3, rather than starting from the general. Thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by usmanbma(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
Or one has to do the level 1&2 before general, and finally proceeding to 3
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
usmanbma:
Good day safety professionals in the house, some questions have been bugging my mind lately concerning the hse certificates from ispon. What's the difference between the General HSE certificate and that of level 1 and 2, because from cost point of view, one needs 45k for the GHSE while the amount is lesser to get levels 1&2 combined. Any implication if one starts from 1 upto 3, rather than starting from the general. Thanks
As long as you have got your BSc certificate and Nysc certificate you don't have to start from level 1 in ISPON rather you do the general hse and level 3 HSE supervisory course.

The difference between level 1 and 2 and GHSE is that GHSE covers more topics in depth compared to level 1 and 2 that are more like intro to HSE.

Hope I have answered your questions.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2016
If you really want to practice HSE in Nigeria then I think you should go for ISPON classes. They have been passed into law. I was with the chairman Ispon Lagos and he stated that part of the law was that you can't practice HSE in Nigeria unless you are certified by Ispon and go further to be a member. The chairman also went on to say that Ispon has started taking giant steps meeting with organizations to make them aware of the new law on board. Part of the things they told some organizations was that they can't come to Nigeria and then force its citizens to go do foreign certifications and if such can be applicable in there country i.e Do they accept Nigerian certifications in there country and why will they come to Nigeria and try to force there certifications on its citizens. Some government institutions have started coming to Ispon to certify there training centers and there trainings.

Funny enough I have seen certain HSE vacancies stating ISPON certified, Ispon Member alongside Nebosh, iosh etc.

However, you can still do you Nebosh, iosh or OSHA so that you can get a broader perspective on Safety in addition to the fact that you will be exposed to international best practices when you do the above certification.

ISPON teaches and prepares you to perform well as a safety professional in the Nigerian Clime. Its advisable you go for Ispon now before it becomes hard to get, you trust the Nigerian system. Ispon is backed by the law now, they have bragging rights and are taking steps to ensure people make a living as safety professionals.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by usmanbma(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thanks a lot, really appreciate the loaded info u just ditched out
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
zeongeon:
If you really want to practice HSE in Nigeria then I think you should go for ISPON classes. They have been passed into law. I was with the chairman Ispon Lagos and he stated that part of the law was that you can't practice HSE in Nigeria unless you are certified by Ispon and go further to be a member. The chairman also went on to say that Ispon has started taking giant steps meeting with organizations to make them aware of the new law on board. Part of the things they told some organizations was that they can't come to Nigeria and then force its citizens to go do foreign certifications and if such can be applicable in there country i.e Do they accept Nigerian certifications in there country and why will they come to Nigeria and try to force there certifications on its citizens. Some government institutions have started coming to Ispon to certify there training centers and there trainings.

Funny enough I have seen certain HSE vacancies stating ISPON certified, Ispon Member alongside Nebosh, iosh etc.

However, you can still do you Nebosh, iosh or OSHA so that you can get a broader perspective on Safety in addition to the fact that you will be exposed to international best practices when you do the above certification.

ISPON teaches and prepares you to perform well as a safety professional in the Nigerian Clime. Its advisable you go for Ispon now before it becomes hard to get, you trust the Nigerian system. Ispon is backed by the law now, they have bragging rights and are taking steps to ensure people make a living as safety professionals.

Hi zeon please how do i go about the HSE stuff? register or what exactly do i need to do? How much does it cost? I studied Industrial Chemistry, a PCM, Live in lagos
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by zeongeon: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
Misskaycee21:

Hi zeon please how do i go about the HSE stuff? register or what exactly do i need to do? How much does it cost? I studied Industrial Chemistry, a PCM, Live in lagos
I am pleased to advise you. Firstly I want you to think of passion as your driving force as you pursue a career in HSE that is if you want to really practice.

You will have to go to ISPON administrative Office at Ikeja to make necessary inquiries about course cost

ISPON Secretariat MAN Centre 5, Eleruwa Street,
Wema Board Estate, Off Ajao Road,
By Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja.
Tel. +234 8060314610, +2348053999614
Email: ispon.lagos@isponnigeria.org

If you have your BSc certificate and NYSC discharge then you will be doing General HSE and Level 3 HSE after which you can write your membership exams and defend your project. Which is part of the requirements to be a member.
If you don't have your BSC then you may have to start from HSE level 1.

ISPON course structure has been designed after shell petroleum development company standards and will equipped you with the necessary knowledge and skill to function as HSE professional in Nigeria. ISPON is a good foundation and platform.

Although you can do other Safety certifications with international bodies like IOSH, NEBosH, CIEH, OSHA, BSC etc. to expand your horizon.

I advice one goes for ISPON now as there momentum is just about to pick up because in time it may not be easily attainable. As long as you are in Nigeria you will need to come to them for certification.

Whilst you go around doing Certifications with other bodies and companies try and do an ISPON course be certified by them cause they are backed by law now. ISPON is not SMILING.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2016
zeongeon:
I am pleased to advise you. Firstly I want you to think of passion as your driving force as you pursue a career in HSE that is if you want to really practice.

You will have to go to ISPON administrative Office at Ikeja to make necessary inquiries about course cost

ISPON Secretariat MAN Centre 5, Eleruwa Street,
Wema Board Estate, Off Ajao Road,
By Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja.
Tel. +234 8060314610, +2348053999614
Email: ispon.lagos@isponnigeria.org

If you have your BSc certificate and NYSC discharge then you will be doing General HSE and Level 3 HSE after which you can write your membership exams and defend your project. Which is part of the requirements to be a member.
If you don't have your BSC then you may have to start from HSE level 1.

ISPON course structure has been designed after shell petroleum development company standards and will equipped you with the necessary knowledge and skill to function as HSE professional in Nigeria. ISPON is a good foundation and platform.

Although you can do other Safety certifications with international bodies like IOSH, NEBosH, CIEH, OSHA, BSC etc. to expand your horizon.

I advice one goes for ISPON now as there momentum is just about to pick up because in time it may not be easily attainable. As long as you are in Nigeria you will need to come to them for certification.

Whilst you go around doing Certifications with other bodies and companies try and do an ISPON course be certified by them cause they are backed by law now. ISPON is not SMILING.

Oh thanks alot dear, i'll definitely check them up at Ikeja. smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.