Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian (20381 Views)

Man Buried Girlfriend From Neck Downwards In A Hole He Made In His Yard [photos] / Photo: Young Boy Diagnosed With Eye Cancer Needs Help / Tales Of The Heart: My Husband Left (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

No.

It doesn't. Not by a long mile.

That video tells me nothing. Except a mother asking her baby if he wants to eat - and do you honestly think this tells people anything?

Where's your brief introduction telling people why you've created this video (your cause for the appeal)? Followed by the sick child receiving an echo? And the interview with his doctor re-confirming the seriousness of his health? Then you ending it with a brief summary of what's been achieved so far, what needs to be done and by when? Followed with you (or whoever) zooming in on his paperwork, etc?
If I could get ur earlier post,u specifically stated that all u wanted was an echo in the video to back it all up. Wat else again Efe biko? With all the documents have posted on here? With all the epistles have posted from page 1-5 giving very detailed analysis of the baby. Wat else?
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
And u can see it was a rush job meant for some of u who requested for it. Didn't plan to post it on YouTube before I can post a video here
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Gboliwe: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
olu4life:
cc Gboliwe EfemenaXY Yet to see any view on the video o
My 3310 knows to embarrass itself thinking its embarrassing me. I will use my system when I get home.

Please, link it up with that site the other brother told you about. Please.
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by thorpido(m): 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

No.

It doesn't. Not by a long mile.

That video tells me nothing. Except a mother asking her baby if he wants to eat - and do you honestly think this tells people anything?

Where's your brief introduction telling people why you've created this video (your cause for the appeal)? Followed by the sick child receiving an echo? And the interview with his doctor re-confirming the seriousness of his health? Then you ending it with a brief summary of what's been achieved so far, what needs to be done and by when? Followed with you (or whoever) zooming in on his paperwork, etc?
@olu4life.It's a good thing to want to help a friend,but he must become more involved himself.
A good video will show all that Efe stated here.That's what authenticates this post.
By the way,if I may ask,where is the child?Is he in LUTH?

1 Like

Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by EfemenaXY: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
olu4life:

If I could get ur earlier post,u specifically stated that all u wanted was an echo in the video to back it all up. Wat else again Efe biko? With all the documents have posted on here? With all the epistles have posted from page 1-5 giving very detailed analysis of the baby. Wat else?

Let me break this gently to you, in order not to "hurt" your feelings.

No one so far cares a hoot about all the documents you've posted on here, nor your epistles from pages 1 - 5. If they did, they would have responded before now and you would have long since reached your target.

My earlier posts very clearly stated that you should take up KA24DETT's suggestion and video the child receiving an echo and record an interview with his doctor - abi?

EfemenaXY:

Do you have a video coverage of the child receiving an echo, and an interview with his doctor as suggested by KA24DETT? On your facebook page perhaps?
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
thorpido:
@olu4life.It's a good thing to want to help a friend,but he must become more involved himself.
A good video will show all that Efe stated here.That's what authenticates this post.
By the way,if I may ask,where is the child?Is he in LUTH?
Hes at home.This was a rush job done to just to show u peeps and not for public eye as I earlier stated. He just did it tonight after asking him to
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Let me break this gently to you, in order not to "hurt" your feelings.

No one so far cares a hoot about all the documents you've posted on here, nor your epistles from pages 1 - 5. If they did, they would have responded before now and you would have long since reached your target by now.

My earlier posts very clearly stated that you should take up KA24DETT's suggestion and video the child receiving an echo and record an interview with his doctor - abi?

Uploaded already on the site. But if this is all I get,then I have to throw in the towel on this. Sorry to say
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by thorpido(m): 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
olu4life:

Hes at home.This was a rush job done to just to show u peeps and not for public eye as I earlier stated. He just did it tonight after asking him to
okay,try and get your friend produce something better.
I don't understand how he wants the public's money and doesn't want this in public.

3 Likes

Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by EfemenaXY: 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
^^ Thorpido, should a child this critically ill be at home? Or be able to br.eas.t.feed?
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
thorpido:
okay,try and get your friend produce something better.
I don't understand how he wants the public's money and doesn't want this in public.
And how does he get that interview with the doctor? He will be going to work and also will be at the embassy this week. The wife will be home with the babies. So how? This is already a late request
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
Will be bringing down the said video tomorrow morning
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by thorpido(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:
^^ Thorpido, should a child this critically ill be at home? Or be able to br.eas.t.feed?
Sometimes if the child is stable(meaning the child could just be on medication),they could discharge the child until the parents can raise funds for the surgery.
The child can still breas.t.feed if not too weak.
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
thorpido:
Sometimes if the child is stable(meaning the child could just be on medication),they could discharge the child until the parents can raise funds for the surgery.
The child can still breas.t.feed if not too weak.
Thanks for the clarification. The boy is on medication
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
olu4life:

Pls kindly unfollow this thread. Tgirl4real pls warn this uncouth lady to desist from any mode of insult. Thanks

You are a f00l. A big one at that

1 Like

Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Busybody2(f): 11:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Olu4life, whats the balance needed?
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 12:16am On Oct 27, 2014
Busybody2:

Olu4life, whats the balance needed?
We've raised 1.2mil presently. Remaining a balance of 500k
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Gboliwe: 5:27am On Oct 27, 2014
Just saw the video. Baby Brian is a real fighter. His story will be strength to many. He will live and not die.

3 Likes

Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 6:40am On Oct 27, 2014
Gboliwe:
Just saw the video. Baby Brian is a real fighter. His story will be strength to many. He will live and not die.

Amen.Thank u very much bro.
Will be bringing down the video soon
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by EfemenaXY: 8:01am On Oct 27, 2014
olu4life:

You lot aren't serious.

Seems you're more interested in sourcing funds from a select few from Nairaland's family section, than in reaching out to others outside. I'm done with this thread sha.

Good luck with your quest and I wish the baby God's grace and speedy recovery.
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 27, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You lot aren't serious.
Seems you're more interested in sourcing funds from a select few from Nairaland's family section, than in reaching out to others outside. I'm done with this thread sha.

EfemenaXY please dont be upset with him. Its the child who needs help look beyond his ego and if you have something to help with please provide for the boy i beg you please
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Gboliwe: 8:43am On Oct 27, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You lot aren't serious.

Dear Sister EfemenaXY, remember what I said several posts ago, whoever is helping Baby Brian isn't helping the proud fathe or the OP of this thread, whoever is helping is because of Brian. Please, don't allow the very obvious annoying display here harden your heart against helping this innocent boy.

God will be our strenght. I don't give because I have it, I don't give because I don't have problems threatening to destroy me, I give because I know what it is like to have nothing, absolutely nothing yet problems abound.

For whoever will help, please do. Baby Brian needs whatever help he can get.
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Gboliwe: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2014
olu4life:

Please leave that video alone. Its not biting you or anyone for that matter. Leave it alone! Please, leave it alone! LEAVE IT ALONE! I can't scream it enough. Leave it alone until the 500k is realised. Leave it alone atleast till the end of this week. Leave the video alone.
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 10:41am On Oct 27, 2014
Gboliwe:

Please leave that video alone. Its not biting you or anyone for that matter. Leave it alone! Please, leave it alone! LEAVE IT ALONE! I can't scream it enough. Leave it alone until the 500k is realised. Leave it alone atleast till the end of this week. Leave the video alone.
Noted.
To aisha2 and gboliwe,I just want to say this. There is no form of ego here. If u went thru my posts from page 1-3, there was no form of clash of anything with anyone. I gave all answers tto questions that were asked. Efe started well but ended ruining my mood. Didn't really take it serious at first butt later saw her aggressive manner of approach which I wasnt down with. Just as her counterpart started insults which I later ignored. At least I responded to u both well despite ur attacks too but ur manner of approach was quite clear and different. I have no form of ego on this issue. Saying sorry to those reading but pls manner of approach matters. I'm sure she responding can't accept d way she attacked me if she was in my position. Have tried playing it off with her but not bulging. So I have to let her be. Cool?
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by jephconcer(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2014
Dear friends,

This is Jeph Ighodaro, Brian's dad!

I had to come online, at least to give a face to this race.

I will begin by thanking the many who have believed in Brian's ability to go through this. And also, say that I understand quite well the many who had doubts about this.

For one reason, I shouldn't have had a need to come online to raise funds, especially because I work. But sometimes, life throws at us impromptu anxieties that we can hardly grapple with.

I registered on nairaland many years ago, and not until today, I decided to come online, perhaps to understudy how it works. Most importantly, to thank everyone as we are wrapping up on plans to help sort out the surgery.

Its not a day to write a lot for me, because I do not want to sound very disbelieving about what I have read through the pages here. Olu had requested for a video, albeit, I reluctantly shared same. I want to specially thank him for helping me in this course. I understand that supporters want to be sure, and rightly so, because I run an NGO (http://defenceforchildren.org/dci-worldwide/dci-africa/nigeria.html) on the side whilst working, so I know what that means.

But I wasn't in favor of having videos to be watched throughout the earth, with intention to seek beyond the needful.

A group member had mentioned that I should have been more involved. I will simply reply that there can be no more involvement than being so emotionally traumatized watching a child, one out of two, with the intent of trying to save it! But be assured that I am working on this and have not relented, because if I had to relent, we would never have reached the extent to which we have.

Remember that when we honestly ask ourselves which people mean most to us, we often find out that it is not those who offer advice or solutions, but those who have rather touched our pains with a gentle hand. The ones who face with us, the reality of our powerlessness.

This is the one who cares, and that is what I have seen with the group here.

I want to thank you. And I will try to be more frequent here, so I can share updates as the days parade by. In the new week, we are making plans to make the trip, earnestly.

I want to specially thank everyone who have supported us, the many who will support the course, and the few who would have wanted to, but haven't been able to due to circumstances that are beyond control, to those who sent in their widows might, especially students and corp members who humbled me and helped me to see that what one gives, he gets in return, I am most grateful.

Sustainably yours,

Jeph Ighodaro
jephconcern@yahoo.com
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by olu4life(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Thank u Jeph for taking ur time out in responding
cc Gboliwe aisha2
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
jephconcer:

Dear friends,
This is Jeph Ighodaro, Brian's dad!
I had to come online, at least to give a face to this race.
I will begin by thanking the many who have believed in Brian's ability to go through this. And also, say that I understand quite well the many who had doubts about this.
For one reason, I shouldn't have had a need to come online to raise funds, especially because I work. But sometimes, life throws at us impromptu anxieties that we can hardly grapple with.
I registered on nairaland many years ago, and not until today, I decided to come online, perhaps to understudy how it works. Most importantly, to thank everyone as we are wrapping up on plans to help sort out the surgery.
Its not a day to write a lot for me, because I do not want to sound very disbelieving about what I have read through the pages here. Olu had requested for a video, albeit, I reluctantly shared same. I want to specially thank him for helping me in this course. I understand that supporters want to be sure, and rightly so, because I run an NGO (http://defenceforchildren.org/dci-worldwide/dci-africa/nigeria.html) on the side whilst working, so I know what that means.
But I wasn't in favor of having videos to be watched throughout the earth, with intention to seek beyond the needful.
A group member had mentioned that I should have been more involved. I will simply reply that there can be no more involvement than being so emotionally traumatized watching a child, one out of two, with the intent of trying to save it! But be assured that I am working on this and have not relented, because if I had to relent, we would never have reached the extent to which we have.
Remember that when we honestly ask ourselves which people mean most to us, we often find out that it is not those who offer advice or solutions, but those who have rather touched our pains with a gentle hand. The ones who face with us, the reality of our powerlessness.
This is the one who cares, and that is what I have seen with the group here.
I want to thank you. And I will try to be more frequent here, so I can share updates as the days parade by. In the new week, we are making plans to make the trip, earnestly.
I want to specially thank everyone who have supported us, the many who will support the course, and the few who would have wanted to, but haven't been able to due to circumstances that are beyond control, to those who sent in their widows might, especially students and corp members who humbled me and helped me to see that what one gives, he gets in return, I am most grateful.
Sustainably yours,
Jeph Ighodaro
jephconcern@yahoo.com

Thank You for coming around and so sorry for what your son is going through. God will see you through

I am happy you run an NGO hence you should know how our field works. People take undue advantage of others sometimes hence the skepticism.

I worked with a boy with cancer once. Got him surgery, his mother was dead and his father wanted to have nothing to do with him. Me and a Nurse became his parents, the Nurse got clothes from her son and would always ensure he had food. I got half of the money for the surgery the Doctor paid the second half and from his research supplies gave the boy needed drugs. He got well and had no where to go. I begged an orphanage to take him in while paying for his keep. A month later he stole some very expensive items and ran away. I had to pay, this was 100s of thousands. That was painful but it didnt make me stop helping but made me wiser in dealing with others. The nurses, doctor and everyone cried when they heard what he had done because we all invested so much in him.

The point is people at one point or the other may have been defrauded while trying to helpn hence they need to be careful.
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by jephconcer(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
Thats very true, Aisha.

I am sorry about your experience, and I share the thoughts.

Thank you for your support through our trials.

God will thank you enough.

Jeph
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Gboliwe: 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
olu4life:
Thank u Jeph for taking ur time out in responding
cc Gboliwe aisha2

No need thanking him, I don't think its the right thing to do moreso at this stage. If he had done this earlier, it would have helped. Now? I don't know his reasons. Plus his choice of words dey "one kaind".

#myopinion

1 Like

Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Godmystrength: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by jephconcer(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hello friends,

I decided to take out my time from work, much as you have all been passionate about this whole issues on my behalf.

You will find I mentioned in my comment that I had registered with nairaland in the past and I have decided to be on it to see its workings.

I appreciate comments, and nairaland is just one of many options for seeking funding to support the course.

I do not think we should be trading words on this in any way, as it is not healthy.

If you had been in my shoe, perhaps you may have understood how much energy it takes to run this.

Apart from the fact that being on the social platform will nearly be a forgotten itinerary.

What I do when I see a full name in my capacity is to do a thorough check starting from the name. I try to check on google if this person exist and how often it does.

In other to try to give a face, I decided to fix up my name( completely). So I am at a loss as to how much else, I should give my details.

And for those who have issues about my just coming online, it should be clear that just like you have been concerned, friends have helped me cover up miles that I may never have reached. So I could hardly be everywhere at some points.

But regrets that this seems late.
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Busybody2(f): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
olu4life:

We've raised 1.2mil presently. Remaining a balance of 500k

Ok Sir.

There is nothing impossible for God.
Re: Diagnosed of Dual Hole in the heart #PlsHelpSaveBrian by Busybody2(f): 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
Gboliwe:

Where is my friend busybody2. Come and see your sister o. I am sure you understand why I am calling you.

Hey Mr Gboliwe, sorry I couldn't respond earlier. The sordid perversion of some posts of some peeps that I read here, with their morbid voyeuristic fantasies, was too much for me to stomach cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is That Special Thing That Makes You Happy? / 6 Ways To Be A Better Listener / The Return Of The NL FAMILY SECTION DEACTIVATORS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.