Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa (28445 Views)

Asari Dokubo Spotted In The Jet That Smuggled $9.3m Into South Africa / What My Uncle Told Me About The Missing $9.3million / Seized $9.3million Controversy: APC Raises 15 Questions For President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by vicot(m): 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Idrismusty97(m): 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by constance500: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ahhhh shocked
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by gabriel212: 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
y does this report omit PASTOR AYO ORITSEJAFOR NAME as the owner of one of the aircraft

15 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by ElPhenomenal(m): 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
They don catch dem
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by jmoore(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
gabriel212: y does this report omit PASTOR AYO ORITSEJAFOR NAME as the owner of one of the aircraft

Because they dont lie like sahara desert reporters.

Let Southafrica prosecute them. PDP and APC won't influence the outcome by Southafrican authorities.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Dee60: 1:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Oro ti pesi je. The State using private jets to buy arms, and carting cash like water?

America knows, surely!

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Strange case.

If these men have links to Intelligence, they must be disciplined....or, in view of the security situation in the country.....investigated thoroughly.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by justi4jesu(f): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Smugglers got caught cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Dee60: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
Let us wait for the denials.

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by sonickay(m): 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
makazona: nawao
we now know who sponsor Boko Haram. Nigeria and government briefcase businessman. No ne today, continue ooo

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Ishilove: 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
*facepalm*

Why is it that 'Nigerian' and 'crime' are always in the same sentence? sad embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
I personally feel Nairaland shouldn't be promoting such news.

If the Europeans are using their media to "demodernize" Africa and always paint us in the bad light, the only reasonable service we can do ourselves is to make people see the positive sides of us.

Not with our politicians sha. They are a bad apple. We should always expose them.

My opinion.
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by igbsam(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
argon500: I wouldn't said i doubt this news but sahara reporters as a source...hmmmmmm grin tongue

Where did u see sahara reporters as source ? Wake up bro.....don't let ur hate for sahara reporters deny you reading.

5 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
The thread is just making front page since yesterday?

Anyway, the plane that conveyed the culprits have been traced to the Bling-Bling pastor,Ayo Oritsejafor.

8 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by iamord(m): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
I don't know how true it is..but i heard oristejafors is connected in the issue.. Well ill wait to see as it unfolds
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by maskamdo(m): 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hmmmm................." bundles of unused 100dollar bills". Now who in nigeria has access to that kind of cash??!!!!!! Just thinking

3 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by jmaine: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
MzJackBaueress: The thread is just making front page since yesterday?

Anyway, the plane that conveyed the culprits have been traced to the Bling-Bling pastor,Ayo Oritsejafor.

https://www.nairaland.com/1905701/owners-nigerian-private-jet-seized
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by jayM: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
i read it on sahara reporter that CAN president jet was among the 2 jets
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Ekundayo7: 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
NairaMode: I personally feel Nairaland shouldn't be promoting such news.

If the Europeans are using their media to "demodernize" Africa and always paint us in the bad light, the only reasonable service we can do ourselves is to make people see the positive sides of us.

Not with our politicians sha. They are a bad apple. We should always expose them.

My opinion.
Do you mean to put your head in the sand like the ostrich and just pretend the arms deal did not happen? No one is painting anyone any color. Nigerians do a good job painting themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by obailala(m): 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
gabriel212: y does this report omit PASTOR AYO ORITSEJAFOR NAME as the owner of one of the aircraft
..because pastor Ayo is not the owner of any of the aircrafts..
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Kanwulia: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
Illegal business!
The hand of GEJ!
Ha!

Na today? undecided
Only the CBN can release this kind of money! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by jahbiz: 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
I wonder. Here is naijaloaded version of the saga ''A private jet caught in Johannesburg with around $10 million inside, is the property of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Sahara Reporters provides.
According to the report, the head of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) owns the private plane with US registration number N808HG, which is one of the jets recently seized by the SA officials.
The money totaling $9.3 million cash was packed in several suitcases. The cash was seized at the Lanseria airport following the luggage search.
Reuters previously revealed that SA police started investigation in terms of 2 Nigerians and an Israeli contractor, who were on board trying to illegally bring cash into the country, in what might have been part of an arms deal.
The 3 passengers claimed the money was aimed at buying arms for the Nigerian security, City Press said.
Sahara Reporters refers to the information allegedly provided by the Nigerian aviation authorities : that one of the jets belonged to Pastor Oritsejafor while the second one was registered to Felix Idiga, the owner of Jafac Aviation Limited.
It was disclosed by the South African source that Oritsejafor’s jet was released after some high-ranked Nigerian officials insisted that the money was approved by the government for purchase of weapons.
CityPress revealed that only the Israeli contractor knew the combination locks to all the cases, which were on board.
When contacted, Mr. Idiga denied owning the jet involved in the scandal. Pastor Oritsejafor could not be reached for the comments.

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by philips70(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
donmalcolm21: Sometimes I feel like strangling the reporters for SR because of their biased reporting. Why should Nigeria buy arms in the black market when its not under any sanction. SR need to tell the truth and anyone that belives that shit will belive that the MuM did not give birth to him or her. Plz don't quote me

Went up to search for Sahareporters as the source of this news and I found Reuters. Or was it changed? In case you really wanna know Sahara's reportage on this see it here

http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/15/arms-smuggling-jet-caught-10million-south-africa-linked-can-president-ayo-oritsejafor

You have been quoted.

7 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by 14(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
Leave everything to us, we will deal with the bastardss
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Do you mean to put your head in the sand like the ostrich and just pretend the arms deal did not happen? No one is painting anyone any color. Nigerians do a good job painting themselves.

No comment.
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by declaro(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
I'm sure this will be arms for Boko Haram. They are out to buy more hardware but God has arrested them.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by abusman(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Arms Smuggling Jet Caught With $10million In South Africa Linked To CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor
An investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed that a Nigerian private jet caught in Johannesburg with $10 million belongs to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the head of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). Mr.
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKSEP 15, 2014

An investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed that a Nigerian private jet caught in Johannesburg with $10 million belongs to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the head of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). Mr. Oritsejafor is also a close confidant of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Ayo Oritsejafor
The CAN leader’s private plane with US registration number N808HG was one of two jets cited by South African officials on September 5 Mr. Oritsejafor's jet arrived South Africa with $9.3 million cash loaded in several suitcases. News of the seizure of the cash broke over the weekend, triggering questions about the ownership of the jets and weapons they intended to purchase.

Nigerian aviation authorities disclosed that one of the jets belonged to Pastor Oritsejafor while the second one was registered to Felix Idiga, the owner of Jafac Aviation Limited.

Two Nigerians and an Israeli defense contractor, Eyal Mesiaka arrived in the jet when they were accosted in South Africa authorities. A South African source disclosed that Mr. Oritsejafor's jet was released after top Nigerian officials intervened, claiming that the weapons to be purchased had the official blessing of the Nigerian government. The jet arrived with two plastic suitcases and two hand luggages with combination locks only known to the Isreali contractor, according to CityPress

Earlier today, SaharaReporters rang the mobile telephone number of Mr. Idiga. At first, he pretended and claimed that he was the Aide De camp to Mr. Idiga. But when our correspondent identified himself as a reporter from SaharaReporters, he owned he started answering questions relating to the issues but claimed the jet we published on our site wasn’t his own. Asked if he knew of another private jet named in apparent arms buy in South Africa, he asked where we got our information after we read the jet registration number to him. He then denied that his jet was involved, before hastily hanging up the phone.

Challenger 600 private jet with registration number N808HG
Flightaware
We were unable to reach Pastor Oritsejafor before going to press.
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by declaro(m): 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
declaro: I'm sure this will be arms for Boko Haram. They are out to buy more hardware but God has arrested them.
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by Tboy2001: 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa by jude33084(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aregbesola Shuns Osun APC Rally, Visits Kirikiri Prisons / APC Slams Wike Over Tinubu’s Visit To Rivers / Governor Fayose Spotted Riding Okada In Ekiti (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.