Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,104 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Outrageous Brideprice! - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Outrageous Brideprice! (7904 Views)

Why Must Yam Be Brideprice? What If One Demands For Iphone 6? / Ladys How Much Are You Worth? Lobola An APP TO Calculate Your Brideprice ;D / Brideprice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2008
igwe 1:

Your re a disgrace to your statue,
Is either you paid for your pride price or you followed your spouse without any dowry.
How could you be calling everybody thief at your age.
Is uncalled for even when we were telling you to be  civil with your choice of words.
Haba!!!!!

Anyway am sorry for irritating you with my post as long as you put your statement right.

oh shut up and keep ur immature apologies to yourself u two timing over-riped asshole

did others insult me?no tell me did others insult me?i gave my own opinion and if u know u were not amongst the igbo thieves why d hell did u not seal that polluted mouth of urs?u r so concerned about my posts,that its so obvious u and ur family are the thieves we r talking about here

so what do u call armed robbers?don't u call them onye oshi?ehn`?don't u call them thieves?does that make u any better,i said igbos r thieves,including mei even added my family to the matter,and u r here acting as if u r d only ewu i called fool

even if i followed my spouse free of charge e no concern u,u are on of the thieves in d igbo land

infact just ignore me,if not this thread no go contain two of us

igbo thief like
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by BabyJinx: 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2008
Sis. Jenny, have you ever wondered why do these men always think you are not married? I think it's because you are vocal and you call a spade a spade. You don't condone rubbish, just because. . . Why, Sis. Jenny You are not the quintessential go with the flow Naija Married Woman, so you leave the all

Hehehehehehe.

I wanna be like you when I growed up. cheesy

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving this topic? Well I love it!
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whitelexi(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2008
Didnt date a yoruba girl on NL tongue tongue tongue

Mention names
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Sis. Jenny, have you ever wondered why do these men always think you are not married? I think it's because you are vocal and you call a spade a spade. You don't condone rubbish, just because. . . Why, Sis. Jenny You are not the quintessential go with the flow Naija Married Woman, so you leave the all

Hehehehehehe.

I want to be like you when I growed up. cheesy

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving this topic? Well I love it!

thank u dear,now i  knw d reason why they always call me single frustrated woman grin not minding that they might be older than i am

seriously jare sisikill I'm an igbo woman,infact a typical igbo woman,married to an igbo man,d fact that I'm from d eastern part of nigeria,does not mean i have to support their every culture and tradition,i don't waste time in telling them my mind,even though I'm one of them

take for instance yesterday,karma challenged funmi in that her igbo man and mama thread,she told her that d yorubas do it and smtimes r worst than d igbos,this babe is a yoruba girl,but still opened her mouth to call a spade a spade

i called d igbos thieves,i even added my family ontop sef grin  but for d igwe of a guy to come here and post shits about me,when he does not even know who i am,was uncalled 4
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2008
@ whatever90

Don't carry your family problem out to a web forum, i think you are talking to the wrong people here, when you get back call up your elders,you can even call them thieves for all i care.
Stop washing your dirty linen in the public grin grin grin grin.
Abeg!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2008
igwe 1:

@ whatever90

Don't carry your family problem out to a web forum, i think you are talking to the wrong people here, when you get back call up your elders,you can even call them thieves for all i care.
Stop washing your dirty linen in the public grin grin grin grin.
Abeg!!!!!!!!!!

buahahahahha idiot,my dear u need a little sense,who knows my family on dis forum?nobody,who knows me on dis forum?nobody,show me where i talked about any secret thing concerning my family here,ode all my posts about my family are general posts

oh u think say i be mumu like u abi ,wey no get sense?shut up jooo and stop disgracing ur old self,oloshi ,efulefu like u grin
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2008
I don't support outrageous pride price but my concern is that we don't do it in my side and am igbo.
why calling us thieves? get your facts right.
period!!!!!!!!
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by MrCrackles(m): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2008
Danke doing what she does best!! grin
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by Exstar(f): 4:35pm On Nov 05, 2008
It's ok guys, enough of these insults and abuse, what do you want guestS and new comers to think about this forum. Pls, let's HUSH, & go back to the topic.
THANKS,
YOURS EXSTAR!
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2008
igwe 1:

I don't support outrageous pride price but my concern is that we don't do it in my side and am igbo.
why calling us thieves? get your facts right.
period!!!!!!!!

then mind ur business and stop pursuing my posts

simple!!!!!!

MrCrackles:

Danke doing what she does best!! grin

no ive repented sad grin
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2008
see all the things coming out from your mind.
Joke apart,letz be a bit civil, i hate to abuse people especially when i don't know them in person.

Ndoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2008
Madam Exstar,
Am still waiting for my car key grin grin grin grin
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by whatever90(f): 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2008
igwe 1:

see all the things coming out from your mind.
Joke apart,letz be a bit civil, i hate to abuse people especially when i don't know them in person.

Ndoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

its ok

ndo kwa smiley
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by Exstar(f): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2008
Igwe, i don vex 4 you, no car for you again!
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2008
You can't be kidding me,
After i ve paid for plate no. and licenses.

You better unvex oooooooooo grin grin
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by Exstar(f): 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2008
Uhmm, You are on you own (OYO)! tongue
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by igwe11(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2008
Exstar:

Uhmm, You are on you own (OYO)! tongue
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by tamai(f): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2008
see groove o! they don they give out
car keys for nl.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by ChinenyeN(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2008
Wait. . . I don't understand.

Can someone give me a list of reasons (objective and definitive claims) as to why Bride Price is wrong?

Thank you.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by rosyrosy1: 11:33am On Nov 08, 2008
There is nothing wrong with pride price. The issue is that many of our young men are not married because they cannot afford to pay price price and take care of their traditional wedding especially in Imo state. There are many big ladies from early 30s to late 30s that are single. The guys too do not marry early because they cannot afford to. Most Imo and Abia guys marry form other states now because it is cheaper for them while their girls remain unmarried. In the Yoruba land, that is not the case. The bride's family takes care of the wedding.
Re: Outrageous Brideprice! by davidif: 1:28am On Jun 15, 2009
Talk of expensive
You should visit my village and hear the cost of marriage, or even burial
By the time u buy all the cows required for only the village elders, and u then arrange all the george material and bags of rice required for the village mothers, then u can come to the family eldest son, and finally to the list - which in itself is a clear reflection of all u already spent so far

Our women are expensive, and rightly so!We don't want poor inlars

whitelexi, and you have the audacity to get mad when a Nigerian marries a foreigner. Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Africans Are Delusional About Aa's / How Well Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue? / Learning Yoruba (phonology)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.