Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Is Marriage Worth It?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Worth It?? (899 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? / Is Long Distance Relationship Worth It? / Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Worth It?? by BreezyRita(f): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
A friend said this::

I just turned 25 year old two days ago. And as usual my mum will call me up and pray for me and tell me how old I am and that means that I'll need to get married. Growing up, I have always thought I'll find the perfect Soul mate that would always love me. But as I have grown older, I've come to realize that it will never happen. There is no man that will not end up cheating on you or in some case, exhibit domestic violence. I have seen a lot of families go through either or both. I dont think I envy my friends getting married. I'm beginning to doubt if I should get married at all. Is it necessary? I know we are in Nigeria and this is frowned upon but I need sincere answers. Is marriage worth it?
Me?? Oh I think it is. Very much so. I don't think you should stay married if you're miserable...but you must try it....at least once in your life time. What do y'all think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Lovexme(m): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
You could have at least acknowledged you copied it from Linda's blog.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Sanchez01: 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
One: There is no such thing as 'Soul-mates'. It's nothing but a process. Finding the 'perfect' person for you means tolerating someone with flaws you can cope with.

Two: About men who either cheat or exhibit domestic violence, I think that is absurd if you claim all men fall into any of those categories.

Marriage is not the end, neither is it the key to happiness nor the secret to total satisfaction. I think I'm donegrin

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by djeezy(m): 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lovexme: You could have at least acknowledged you copied it from Linda's blog.
plagiarism. Oya op give credit.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
Marriage is worth it, but living together under the same roof for a lifetime is not worth it. Find a partner that you can share life with but with cross-carpeting and sinusoidal career paths, its a trick and it works. I am a man so I was able to have homes in 2 continents and shuttle between when need be.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by thorpido(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Marriage is very much worth it.The bible says two are better than one.It however depends on the kind of mindset you have going into marriage.To say there is no man that will not end up cheating or resort to violence just shows how wrong a mindset you have.
You can't use your background or even other people's experiences to judge marriages.
The most important thing is to first make yourself the marriage material.Then look for someone who shares similar orientation as you are.Look at the person's background,his relationships with family members,friends and colleagues/neighbours.Explore his mind to see where he is coming from and his life goals.Have an insight into his person.
Marriage shouldn't be as bad as people make it.Just lay the right foundation.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by miqos02(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
its your choice to make, if you think its worth it, it will work for you
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by princesstemi(f): 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Well to my own opinion marriage is worth it. Only if you marry your friend nt your lover. And what I mean by friend is, someone you can free with play and gist with. Someone that will not read meaning to every single thing you do or say, lipsrsealed It's really worth it. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Babe, if na pishure be dat, u be fine gel.

If u dont want a man with domestic violence tendencies, der is a 70% chance u wont find one. Besides, der are ways to know if a man is capable of beating you, just educate urself.

As for d cheating aspect, der is a 20% chance u will find a man dat will neva cheat on u. An average husband cheats on his wife at least once.

But babe, what you should bother more abt are the ansas to d questions below.

1. Are u a marriage material?

2. Are u sure u will not cheat on ur husband with ur ex, d guy u neva completely get over? At least 47% of wives cheat, and nigerian wives are becoming more unfaithful.

3. Do u hav any positive value are u bringing into d man's life, oda dan kids, sex, love and housechores? Do u hav anytin dat he can get from u dat he almost cannot get elsewhere? Do u hav anytin dat makes u different from oda women in a desirable way.

4. Do u hav any plans to make ur man lust for you everyday?

If u sed "YES" to all d questions above, den IMO u shd give marriage a chance. But if not, its okay to forget abt marriage, except u dont mind being a liability sha. cheesy
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Omimah: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
Marriage is not a must. There are women that have taken the decision not to get married. Onyeka Onwenu and Nelly Uchendu are some. But what I detest is, you having sèx when you are not married. Did Mother Theresa ever get married?

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by lawrenceunaa: 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
like someone alredy said nothing like 'soul mates' or mr right . I dont believe in alredy made , amend they person to ur desire wink

Lastly don't let ur parents pressure push you into a marriage u will live to regret shocked undecided
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by nikkypearl(f): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Love to see meaningful threads like this one!

@op The fantasy of marriage looks a lot different from reality..Marriage sometimes dosent meet all expections!

But the fact is,Marriage is worth it,if you have a soulmate as your partner.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
Please stay away from marriage if you think marriage is not worth it, some years back I asked my self this exact question but couldn't conclude. So I relaxed and enjoyed life as a single girl.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
i dey find baby mama, apply within
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
miqos02: its your choice to make, if you think its worth it, it will work for you

I like this. Marriage is a choice and not an obligation.
You feel it's worth it, you get married. You don't feel the worth, you stay single. The systematic is simple.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Tymax(m): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
It irks me when ladies things like "all men cheat" or rubbish like that.

There are many guys who do not cheat. Unfortunately, women like OP's friend have brother-zoned them "tay tay". angry

PS
I don't cheat. Never have, never will. angry
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Tallesty1(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
BreezyRita: A friend said this::

I just turned 25 year old two days ago. And as usual my mum will call me up and pray for me and tell me how old I am and that means that I'll need to get married. Growing up, I have always thought I'll find the perfect Soul mate that would always love me. But as I have grown older, I've come to realize that it will never happen. [b]There is no man that will not end up cheating on you or in some case, exhibit domestic violence. I have seen a lot of families go through either or both. [/b]I dont think I envy my friends getting married. I'm beginning to doubt if I should get married at all. Is it necessary? I know we are in Nigeria and this is frowned upon but I need sincere answers. Is marriage worth it?
Me?? Oh I think it is. Very much so. I don't think you should stay married if you're miserable...but you must try it....at least once in your life time. What do y'all think?
You are wrong there, very wrong.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by jmoore(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
A woman that says "all men cheat" does not deserve a faithful husband. If you as a woman think your husband must cheat or beat you then remain single and let others be.

Is marriage worth it? Yes, it is worth it. Work it out, it can't work by itself. Your input is essential for the success of your marriage.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by wikiman(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Marriage works for patient and calm people but not for windy and Breezy ladies......
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
Billyonaire: Marriage is worth it, but living together under the same roof for a lifetime is not worth it. Find a partner that you can share life with but with cross-carpeting and sinusoidal career paths, its a trick and it works. I am a man so I was able to have homes in 2 continents and shuttle between when need be.

Sometimes I wonder if you are human or if your head is together
Re: Is Marriage Worth It?? by BreezyRita(f): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
wikiman: Marriage works for patient and calm people but not for windy and Breezy ladies......
Did you get that
Not sure.

(1) (Reply)

I'm No Longer Attracted To Girls My Age Or Younger / What Should I Do & Why Would She Do This?? / Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.