Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,076 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano (15670 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / FG To Speed Up Completion Of International Cargo Terminal At Owerri Airport / Obiano Visits Scene Of Fatal Accident In Umuchu, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
This is going to be bomb nwanne mu..

I pity anybody who is yet to own a land in Awka, Onitsha or Nnewi, particularly around Otuocha axis where the airport, refinery and petrochemical are being sited!

Anambra adigo mma..

ak47mann: He mentioned something like that i believe chuka umunna is coming to receive some title in anambra his home land.In obiano site the governor said that chuka umunna A british MP, The shadow business secretary are coming with well known powerful british investors to anambra state specially in Agriculture,petrol chemicals,industrial estates business and commerce. soon you will start noticing new super model apartments scattered all over Anambra cities..... cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by mekaboy(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
What will become of Enugu airport Now? I think our SE govs need to unite and have a single vision for the region rather than going into individual projects. If we could travel all the way to lagos and port to clear goods why not Enugu?

Anambra should have maintained the sea while enugu handles air cargo. as soon as this airport is completed it will kill the enugu international airport.

We know anambra has more businesses than enugu and the cargo will be more beneficial but stratgically as a region we wld av had enugu as the air cargo unit.

I am from Anambra though. But this will make anambra more conjested and kill the enugu international airport.

Unless govt invests in coal in Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Sealeddeal(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
what a joke! I do not believe anything said by this administration. That was how he promised to deliver Nnewi shopping mall in 6months but today,it as if we will shouting 'halleluya' if the mall is delivered in 20months.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Sealeddeal(m): 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
mekaboy: What will become of Enugu airport Now? I think our SE govs need to unite and have a single vision for the region rather than going into individual projects. If we could travel all the way to lagos and port to clear goods why not Enugu?

Anambra should have maintained the sea while enugu handles air cargo. as soon as this airport is completed it will kill the enugu international airport.

We know anambra has more businesses than enugu and the cargo will be more beneficial but stratgically as a region we wld av had enugu as the air cargo unit.

I am from Anambra though. But this will make anambra more conjested and kill the enugu international airport.

what are you talking about? Anambra need an airport. We need every port we can get.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by anonimi: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Arysexy:

How many of d states created with Anambra in 1991 has airports apart from Delta?

Are you saying having airports is a BETTER measure of development than something as BASIC as provision of TAP water

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Anambra need a functioning seaport more than a busy Airport but I hope it will not end up like that of Osunistan being constructed in Germany by the Supreme Leader Ayottolah Ogbeni Ali Bin Rauf Aragbashola .

Tunde will curse me now grin grin grin

ChinoElects: Do not muddle this up. Onitsha Port is an FG project undergoing concession process at the moment. As for the airport, Our own is our own and their own is their own. We need to have our own!

The airport project is an Anambra project, that is not to say that Anambra will fund it 100%. There are options right for PPP and otherwise for the funding which Orient Petroleum and other foreign investors are already gearing on to fund and run the facility after completion.

It is a good one because Orient Petroleum will be refining aviation kerosene for airplanes. So the whole essence is that Orient will have their aviation dump where planes from all over the country and outside the country will be landing to refill their planes.

I foresee this airport to be the busiest in West Africa.

Anambra adigo mma for real..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ak47mann(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: This is going to be bomb nwanne mu..

I pity anybody who is yet to own a land in Awka, Onitsha or Nnewi, particularly around Otuocha axis where the airport, refinery and petrochemical are being sited!

Anambra adigo mma..

Nwannem i was clever enough to acquire a massive land in odaekpe few years ago,i got information that my land is the part of affected area due to too much gas deposit underneath.. nwanne a kam na ele go di anya ka mmara ihe ala ahu ga enye mu cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
How can you say that? Let every state develop at its own pace. Let every part of SE develop so that we have several options in case of 'incasity'.

As for the airport project it is being sited at Anambra north toward Otuocha, that place has the biggest virgin flat land good for this sort of project, so there is no way it will cause congestion. It is set apart from the major cities, though about 15mins to Onitsha, 25mins to Awka and 50mins to Nnewi.

mekaboy: What will become of Enugu airport Now? I think our SE govs need to unite and have a single vision for the region rather than going into individual projects. If we could travel all the way to lagos and port to clear goods why not Enugu?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nwanne go to Nkwo Nnewi Triangle that is the construction of the Shoprite is ongoing right now..

Sealeddeal: what a joke! I do not believe anything said by this administration. That was how he promised to deliver Nnewi shopping mall in 6months but today,it as if we will shouting 'halleluya' if the mall is delivered in 20months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nwanne if your land falls within the area where there is hydrocarbon deposits that mean the government will pay you heavy compensation.. cheesy

ak47mann: Nwannem i was clever enough to acquire a massive land in odaekpe few years ago,i got information that my land is the part of affected area due to too much gas deposit underneath.. nwanne a kam na ele go di anya ka mmara ihe ala ahu ga enye mu cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Sealeddeal(m): 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: Nwanne go to Nkwo Nnewi Triangle that is the construction of the Shoprite is ongoing right now..

i know the site of the work. Surely,work is ongoing but with the rate of work,its not possible that the work will be completed in a year from now.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by chinasaekperem3: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Cools, make I spread mat here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ketoprofen(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2014

the thing is that many anambrarians esp those in Onitsha use Asaba airport cos its closer.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ok, good a thing you know that work is ongoing right now. But I want to assure you that the project will be ready 7-8months from now. Go and mark todays date and time. Dalu

Sealeddeal: i know the site of the work. Surely,work is ongoing but with the rate of work,its not possible that the work will be completed in a year from now.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Donmarrius: 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2014

Both Airports,will survive!.

Enugu airport will serve as both administrative and business purposes,while Anambra Serves 'majorly' on cargo,involving oil & gas,and other business merchandise,courtsey of otuocha oil activities,and Onitsha/Nnewi business activities,and other unique services,like serving as the hub for Aviation fuel,which is currently only being sourced in Ghana.
Besides,the growing population of Igbo super-rich and middle classes,across the entire Igboland,will service both Airports.
We welcome healthy economic competition,in SE,and Igboland.
Asaba and Imo airports,will also survive!.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Donmarrius: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2014

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Donmarrius: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
anonimi:

Are you saying having airports is a BETTER measure of development than something as BASIC as provision of TAP water
The project is more likely going to be bank rolled in greater percentage,by the private sector,more likely a PPP thing,like our own indigenious Orient Petroluem,and others.
So,it won't stop the governor,from tackling the issue you raised.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Donmarrius: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
0luwasegunfunmi: I dont see anything good that can come out of this. waste of money and resources
Saddist sighted,Chinaekperem,please handle this Yoloba e-rat.

gringringrin

5 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by chinasaekperem3: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
Donmarrius: Saddist sighted,Chinaekperem,please handle this Yoloba e-rat.

gringringrin
I will deal with him soon. Thanks boss

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by FreeGlobe(f): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ha! sighting the name Stella Oduah excites me so much? I don't know about my yoruba people? I will soon visit Anambra to ascertain whats going on with this governor. If all his projects come into fruition then Anambra will become a #1 destination. cool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
Arysexy: Great news always coming from Anambra, like chino always say, Anambra leading the pack since 1991
Anambra State was created in 1976.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
FreeGlobe: Ha! sighting the name Stella Oduah excites me so much? I don't know about my yoruba people? I will soon visit Anambra to ascertain whats going on with this governor. If all his projects come into fruition then Anambra will become a #1 destination. cool
I think the word yoruba is the tooth paste that prevents ndigbo from having tooth decay
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by dhardline(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
Before stella was removed she planned on starting the construction of an aerotropolis in lagos state but now that she is the chairperson of this commitee in Anambra state i sincerely hope she brings the aerotropolis project home to the state thats if the state can fund it.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
The name Stella Odua is synonymous with performance..

FreeGlobe: Ha! sighting the name Stella Oduah excites me so much? I don't know about my yoruba people? I will soon visit Anambra to ascertain whats going on with this governor. If all his projects come into fruition then Anambra will become a #1 destination. cool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by chinasaekperem3: 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
TribalEAST: I think the word yoruba is the tooth paste that prevents ndigbo from having tooth decay
monkey how far, won't you leave this thread?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Anambra State was created in 1976.

Don't confuse Anamabra / enugu with Anambra / Awka created in 1991.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nwanne mu stop quoting trolls. He knows those facts but he just wanted to stir up unnecessary arguments.. cheesy

Arysexy:

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: Nwanne mu stop quoting trolls. He knows those facts but he just want to stir up unnecessary arguments.. cheesy

Lol, those nuisances need to be tamed. wink

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by chinasaekperem3: 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
Arysexy:

how can he possibly know, he joined cult in uniilorin while his mates were receiving lectures.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: The name Stella Odua is synonymous with performance..

Stella onyeogadirimma oduah, agu nwanyi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
chinasaekperem3: how can he possibly know, he joined cult in uniilorin while his mates were receiving lectures.

Hahahaha lwkmd, u mean Orlando was rusticated from unilorin, chai.

Let's be our brother's keeper, heard ibadam poly form is on sale.

Let's lend help across d niger by contributing 7k to this dude, it will go a long way towards reducing his NL troll habit. Keep him busy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Has Nigeria Done For You? And What Have You Done For Nigeria? / Interview With One Of The Released Dapchi Girls (Video) / Why Atiku Can’t Become President In 2019 – Olawepo Hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.