Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano (15668 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / FG To Speed Up Completion Of International Cargo Terminal At Owerri Airport / Obiano Visits Scene Of Fatal Accident In Umuchu, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by oneeast: 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
You always appear bitter and frustrated each time you make a comment like somebody who was thrown out of his job.

Why are you worried about this project? How do you know it will not be a worldclass facility? Mr man get yourself together, you can die of HBP if you do not watch it. Your comments smacks of bitterness and frustration. Learn to control your emotions even when you are intimidated!

I am sure you will surely die if the project comes out worldclass as it is definitely gonna be.. cool

HappyJoe: APGA has not delivered a single standard infrastructure project. I doubt this airport will be the first.

Most probably it will be of poor quality & not delivered on trip. When Obiano talked about it previously, he called it an "airstrip" - and that is exactly what it will be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChimaAdeoye: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
I am still pondering if this is a good priority for my state now.
I know in 2007 and 2008 we made representations to Gov Peter Obi on the need to complete Oba airport or to start another one along Awka Onitsha express way or along Onitsha - Owerri express. Prof. Chinyere Okunna the Governor's prime commisioner assured that the result of a feasibility study was being awaited. We made a second request on this issue in early 2008 when the Asaba airport foundation was laid warning that if Delta beat Anambra to it and acquires an airport in Asaba, the dynamics of our airport's viability will change and the momentum created by a good airport in Asaba will be difficult to overturn. The feasibility study result was again used as an excuse to postpone that request.

While i have obviously agitated for an airport in Anambra state before 2009, the new realities on the ground cannot be carelessly ignored. Anambra is a young state in dire need of infrastructure. We must choose our priorities very wisely based on what is in our utmost interest. If truly a feasibility study was carried out on the Anambra airport, it be useful for Obiano to find it and see what their findings are. I also think our airport should be along a major expressway leading to Onitsha instead of the hinterland.If Obiano makes a rash decision and this project ends up like Oba airport which was never completed after spending billions of naira there, I will hold the governor responsible for the waste and help make sure he pays for this politically. We should apply our meagre resources wisely.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by oneeast: 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
You have made some valid and some invalid points as well!

Well lemme start by telling you that whether others built theirs or not ours will be the most viable airport amongst the pack. I said this for a reason because in the first instance Delta state built their airport with Onitsha and Nnewi in mind was that not a misplaced priority already when they equally needed to fix their roads. But they went ahead to build it.

As for Oba airport it wouldn't have worked because the site alone is not good, in that it is an undulating ground without much room for expansion.

It is pertinent to note that Anambra will not be funded the project 100%, it will be purely on PPP arrangement.
So I do not see why you guys are worried over the project because it does not stop other infrastructural projects going on in the state.

The new site for the project which is Otuocha is very central even to the services it will provide for its users. The site is very close and central to the 3 major cities of the state and equally next to the Orient petroleum refinery and facilities. Orient Petroleum intend to produce aviation fuel and that airport is very key to its operations. We are not talking of the service the airport will provide to the economic zones of Onitsha and Nnewi.

We cannot over emphasize the need at an airport in Anambra at least one for a start..

ChimaAdeoye: I am still pondering if this is a good priority for my state now.
I know in 2007 and 2008 we made representations to Gov Peter Obi on the need to complete Oba airport or to start another one along Awka Onitsha express way or along Onitsha - Owerri express. Prof. Chinyere Okunna the Governor's prime commisioner assured that the result of a feasibility study was being awaited. We made a second request on this issue in early 2008 when the Asaba airport foundation was laid warning that if Delta beat Anambra to it and acquires an airport in Asaba, the dynamics of our airport's viability will change and the momentum created by a good airport in Asaba will be difficult to overturn. The feasibility study result was again used as an excuse to postpone that request.

While i have obviously agitated for an airport in Anambra state before 2009, the new realities on the ground cannot be carelessly ignored. Anambra is a young state in dire need of infrastructure. We must choose our priorities very wisely based on what is in our utmost interest. If truly a feasibility study was carried out on the Anambra airport, it be useful for Obiano to find it and see what their findings are. I also think our airport should be along a major expressway leading to Onitsha instead of the hinterland.If Obiano makes a rash decision and this project ends up like Oba airport which was never completed after spending billions of naira there, I will hold the governor responsible for the waste and help make sure he pays for this politically. We should apply our meagre resources wisely.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by TabletMan: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
Oga Chima,
I don't think that the Oba airport will be build again because people are now building houses beside the land that was initially mapped out for the airport, to make matters complicated, one part of the land has been converted to a farm, Though they have not start any activities on the farm but I am sure the farm its going to be a big one and its going to eat good portion of land from the airport site. I think its one of the agricultural reform that was initiated by Obiano to provide jobs.

As for this airport at otuocha region,
Its a good development since the airport is going to be international cargo airport.

Make I just siddon for corner dey count days and month cos Anambra is full of leaders with promise and fail behavior.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by TabletMan: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chino the only good thing about this airport is the cargo and aviation stuff, aside from that asaba international airport will kill their business.

And please I need a clear picture of that map cos I am going to otuocha next week.
I will like to use the opportunity and see the airport site for myself and know if they are serious atall, cos throughout my stay at otuocha last year, nothing is going on there apart from orient workers I saw drilling the omanbala river at anam.
You said that emzor want to site the biggest pharmaceutical plant in west africa at otuocha but I saw nothing of such there.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by emmanuel4758(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
abeg why anambra governors forget orumba north and south since 1976 if not for oko poly and ekwulobia my home town have noting abeg let set committee to luk into this issue cus when ever I go my villa tune radio waiting I go hear be say agulu lake bridge under construction 56 roads under construction and non go to orumba north God is watching sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by oneeast: 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
I make bold to tell you that this is gonna be the Nigeria's busiest International Cargo Airport when completed. The people in the team are all go getters and will deliver on schedule.

TabletMan: Chino the only good thing about this airport is the cargo and aviation stuff, aside from that asaba international airport will kill their business.
And please I need a clear picture of that map cos I am going to otuocha next week.
I will like to use the opportunity and see the airport site for myself and know if they are serious atall, cos throughout my stay at otuocha last year, nothing is going on there apart from orient workers I saw drilling the omanbala river at anam.
You said that emzor want to site the biggest pharmaceutical plant in west africa at otuocha but I saw nothing of such there.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChimaAdeoye: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
oneeast: You have made some valid and some invalid points as well!

Well lemme start by telling you that whether others built theirs or not ours will be the most viable airport amongst the pack. I said this for a reason because in the first instance Delta state built their airport with Onitsha and Nnewi in mind was that not a misplaced priority already when they equally needed to fix their roads. But they went ahead to build it.

As for Oba airport it wouldn't have worked because the site alone is not good, in that it is an undulating ground without much room for expansion.

It is pertinent to note that Anambra will not be funded the project 100%, it will be purely on PPP arrangement.
So I do not see why you guys are worried over the project because it does not stop other infrastructural projects going on in the state.

The new site for the project which is Otuocha is very central even to the services it will provide for its users. The site is very close and central to the 3 major cities of the state and equally next to the Orient petroleum refinery and facilities. Orient Petroleum intend to produce aviation fuel and that airport is very key to its operations. We are not talking of the service the airport will provide to the economic zones of Onitsha and Nnewi.

We cannot over emphasize the need at an airport in Anambra at least one for a start..

Chino, stop putting up all these maps, I know the place better than you.I don't wish to indulge in a fruitless back and forth on this issue. ONE thing you said that i like if it is true is " It will be a PPP funded project" So that it does not tie up funds meant for the development of the entire state. Therefore, I support the building of the airport in that case. I don't know about the convenience of it's location but that is the headache of the PPP consortium investing their money.

I am a core Anaedo person and in business we know sentiment is a loser's strategy . So for example, If you expect Anambra people to buy an inferior and expensive product just because the seller is from their hometown and the other seller of the original and cheaper product is not, then wake up from your slumber for the surprise. Anambra people will not patronize you out of pure sentiment alone. That is why we try our best to beat every competitor's quality and price as a winning business strategy.

So, I tell you solemnly, if we do not beat our competitor's quality and convenience of location in this case, don't expect our people to stop patronizing them purely out of sentiment.

Ekwusigom nkem.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by oneeast: 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
If you were patient enough to read through the newspaper report up there you would not be engaging in this back and forth. It is stated there that PPP is one of the options on the table for consideration. And from every indication that is where the project is tilting to- PPP.

If there is anything Anambra needs most at the moment it is an International Cargo/Passenger Airport. Period!

Dalu

ChimaAdeoye:

Chino, stop putting up all these maps, I know the place better than you.I don't wish to indulge in a fruitless back and forth on this issue. ONE thing you said that i like if it is true is " It will be a PPP funded project" So that it does not tie up funds meant for the development of the entire state. Therefore, I support the building of the airport in that case. I don't know about the convenience of it's location but that is the headache of the PPP consortium investing their money.

I am a core Anaedo person and in business we know sentiment is a loser's strategy . So for example, If you expect Anambra people to buy an inferior and expensive product just because the seller is from their hometown and the other seller of the original and cheaper product is not, then wake up from your slumber for the surprise. Anambra people will not patronize you out of pure sentiment alone. That is why we try our best to beat every competitor's quality and price as a winning business strategy.

So, I tell you solemnly, if we do not beat our competitor's quality and convenience of location in this case, don't expect our people to stop patronizing them purely out of sentiment.

Ekwusigom nkem.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by chinasaekp3rem: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=0luwasegunfunmi]they have decided to wake the sleeping giant again grin grin grin grin[/quote

I am Chinemerem Emmanuel Okpan, a young and cool dude. I am Hiv positive and need a relationship. Thanks

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by chinasaekp3rem: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
oneeast: You always appear bitter and frustrated each time you make a comment like somebody who was thrown out of his job.

Why are you worried about this project? How do you know it will not be a worldclass facility? Mr man get yourself together, you can die of HBP if you do not watch it. Your comments smacks of bitterness and frustration. Learn to control your emotions even when you are intimidated!

I am sure you will surely die if the project comes out worldclass as it is definitely gonna be.. cool

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by TabletMan: 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
oneeast: I make bold to tell you that this is gonna be the Nigeria's busiest International Cargo Airport when completed. The people in the team are all go getters and will deliver on schedule.

Make out chance and go to otuocha to get pictures of the refinery and airport site.
We have been hearing that the refinery is going to be completed within 8months, tomorrow Obiano will say its going to be ready in 5months, so please go there yourself and get us the progress of the work.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ketoprofen(m): 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
ChinoElects: At least 50% of the users of the airports you mentions are Anambrans coupled with the fact that the airport will sell aviation fuel. So having the airport in Anambra will eventually crash the ones in Asaba and Enugu to some extent, because there are little or no economic activities in those states to drive the airport in the first place. The airport is a critical infrastructure in Anambra because it will go on and open the state in the areas of oil/gas, industrialization, commercialization, agriculture, jobs etc..

;And you just have to denigrate Enugu state to prove your point?

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by backtosender: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
ChinoElects: This is going to be bomb nwanne mu..

I pity anybody who is yet to own a land in Awka, Onitsha or Nnewi, particularly around Otuocha axis where the airport, refinery and petrochemical are being sited!

Anambra adigo mma..

You are not doing your work very well look at roads and bridges in akwa projects Obiano is executing like no 2moro

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by idechinyelu(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
OreMI22:
I hope he builds something standard like the Dutse airport in the picture with runway at least up to 4 kilometers.

In the end, it will all be a collossal waste of money which will ruin Obiano and his party. Although he promised to build that airport, the reality of a modern Asaba International airport has since made obsolete the need for Oba airport or any such local airports around Onitsha.

After sinking about N50 -60 billion naira in that project, he will understand the reality of Asaba International airport. Onitsha traders will still prefer to land in Asaba and ride on a smooth expressway to their homes than land somewhere in Anam and drive on winding state roads for hours to get to their home in Onitsha. Besides the distance from Onitsha city, many airlines will still prefer to ply the more modern airport with better amenities. Anambra and Delta will then be locked in a competition to improve their airport, and we know which state has more abundant resources to embark on such wasteful venture.In the end, because of it location and other advantages, airlines will still prefer Asaba International airport to using Anam.

Obiano will better serve his state by investing this N50 -60 billion naira in a state Independent power plant, or complete the state refinery and make it functional or even build a light rail connecting Onitsha to Nnewi or Onitsha to Awka. I don't expect people that cannot reason beyond tomorrow to see what is being said here. So I will say Big congratulations to Obiano and co. Please build the Anam International airport. But, be prepared for the dire political consequences on you and your team after you squander the people's money in a white elephant project that has since ceased to be a priority of the state since air access into Onitsha started more than 3 years ago.

I have foreign company that wants to come in , build lite rail in Anambra state , under PPP or BOT, i need a sponsor to conduct the feasibility study ,the sponsor must have the necessary political clout to attract consent of Anambra state , cause it will be needed in the area of land , negotiations, official invitation and most importantly quaranty on returns .Contact me for further briefing if you have interest .buchdone@gmail.com
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by idechinyelu(m): 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
OreMI22:
I hope he builds something standard like the Dutse airport in the picture with runway at least up to 4 kilometers.

In the end, it will all be a collossal waste of money which will ruin Obiano and his party. Although he promised to build that airport, the reality of a modern Asaba International airport has since made obsolete the need for Oba airport or any such local airports around Onitsha.

After sinking about N50 -60 billion naira in that project, he will understand the reality of Asaba International airport. Onitsha traders will still prefer to land in Asaba and ride on a smooth expressway to their homes than land somewhere in Anam and drive on winding state roads for hours to get to their home in Onitsha. Besides the distance from Onitsha city, many airlines will still prefer to ply the more modern airport with better amenities. Anambra and Delta will then be locked in a competition to improve their airport, and we know which state has more abundant resources to embark on such wasteful venture.In the end, because of it location and other advantages, airlines will still prefer Asaba International airport to using Anam.

Obiano will better serve his state by investing this N50 -60 billion naira in a state Independent power plant, or complete the state refinery and make it functional or even build a light rail connecting Onitsha to Nnewi or Onitsha to Awka. I don't expect people that cannot reason beyond tomorrow to see what is being said here. So I will say Big congratulations to Obiano and co. Please build the Anam International airport. But, be prepared for the dire political consequences on you and your team after you squander the people's money in a white elephant project that has since ceased to be a priority of the state since air access into Onitsha started more than 3 years ago.

I have foreign company that wants to come in , build lite rail in Anambra state , under PPP or BOT, i need a sponsor to conduct the feasibility study ,the sponsor must have the necessary political clout to attract consent of Anambra state , cause it will be needed in the area of land , negotiations, official invitation and most importantly quaranty on returns .Contact me for further briefing if you have interest .buchdone@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by dazangel11(f): 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
good one
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by HopeAtHand: 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
@ChinoElects, 18months never reach? Where is the airport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by lagdmark(m): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
HopeAtHand:
@ChinoElects, 18months never reach? Where is the airport?
The shutdown has delayed the airport projects, the airport will be completed within 3-4 months immediately coronavirus is over.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Salvador1: 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
lagdmark:

The shutdown has delayed the airport projects, the airport will be completed within 3-4 months immediately coronavirus is over.
ibiano is still drinking after 3 months he will commission it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Released Awolowo From Prison: Ojukwu, Gowon Or Ironsi? / Nigeria’s Debt Hits N25.7trn, Rises By N3.3trn In One Year / Abu Dokpesi Arrested Over Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.