Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49189 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".

400 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by ellapius(f): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
plenty truth dearest

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by chimerase2: 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls can sombori summarise it for de man of God undecided
Amu too busy to read dos fins is too long undecided

12 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
ellapius: plenty truth dearest

My dear, I have learnt my lessons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by valmunich(m): 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tell em oo, it's not always about the height smiley
#TeamAverageHeight grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Crocz(m): 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
The fact of life is "There is difference between what I want and what I get"...if all ladies get their wish, imagine the number of short guys that will be lady-less grin. ...how many people wanted to study medicine, how many ended up studying medicine?...everybody with own priorities, it's just the order of things...I know what I rate 1st in a woman, doesn't mean I won't find someone with it and good character too...because someone, didn't find doesn't mean others can't...it's your biz if you settle for less

But if tall guys don't like you or you're not attracted to them, toh you settle for short na

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by ellapius(f): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
Onyiridike:

My dear, I have learnt my lessons.
hmmmm same here .after a years and months wit same arrogant mum babies

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by solomonbrown64: 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
....You are lucky to get a second chance.....
....Sure ,height, sometimes is overrated.....your quote sums it all up....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
chimerase2: Pls can sombori summarise it for de man of God undecided
Amu too busy to read dos fins is too long undecided
Are you lazy or you are simply shying away from the truth?

32 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
DIS POST SHOULD BE D BEST POST OF D DAY....

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by chimerase2: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
Onyiridike:
Are you lazy or you are simply shying away from the truth?
amu very lazy ok and u re industrious undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
I think it pays to think outside the box. Tall or not, deceivers can come in any form. Height doesn't matter like you emphasized at all. It's all about making the right choice.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Crocz: The fact of life is "There is difference between what I want and what I get"...if all ladies get their wish, imagine the number of short guys that will be lady-less grin
And what makes you think that all ladies want a tall man?

You may be referring to little girls and not ladies who understand what life is all about.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".

The trash heap has spoken ( Fragle Rock )

12 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
ellapius: after a years and months
lipsrsealed
ellapius: after a years and months

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
Just trying to be naughty , whatever rocks your boat hon
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by tonyx4x44(m): 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
Them short guys are coming to like them posts

@op you implied that tall guys are bad

Then a paragraph later said you are not saying they are.

Just Diss us straight up angry

... From a tall guy in a loving relationship

60 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Crocz(m): 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
Onyiridike:
And what makes you think that all ladies want a tall man?

You may be referring to little girls and not ladies who understand what life is all about.

Tell me there is not the most slightest desire for a tall man in the most innermost and deepest longing part of your heart

It may not be your priority but it's still there...and if not, you are the exception then, not the rule

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
I hope Naetochukwu gets to read this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Benita4bliss(f): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
na real big truth u talk my sister

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Crocz(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
solomonbrown64: ....You are lucky to get a second chance.....
....Sure ,height, sometimes is overrated.....your quote sums it all up....

This one is short!

38 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by tonyx4x44(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Onyiridike: I Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.

Short men no like pussy abi?

Your guy is not the yardstick to judge everyone else

Taste

"A man is NOT known by his height

(Kobe is)

but by his heart (bravery)

(hope you are not one of those that expect their man to be leonaidas)

and meritorous achievements".

(to that I agree)

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Tallesty1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.
Very true.
Onyiridike: Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.
What's wrong with that? You attract what you focus on. There is no wrong in wishing to marry a Tall guy, it becomes a problem when you start rejecting short guys. Everyone wishes to have what is good and Tall guys are good. They don't have terrible temper like some short guys.
Onyiridike: When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.
You were young then, barely know what you want, full of vision, hope and opportunities. It happens to every girl.
Onyiridike: Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me.
He is not Yours. Simple.
Onyiridike: I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
Now that you have made it clear that you are going to Judge and condem all the Tall guys in universe because of your little experience with one or two of them, lemme brace up and scroll down to see what you have for us.
Onyiridike: So far I have learnt the following:

You haven't been with most of them so how can you tell? Anyways it sounds more like what Tall boys think, not men
Onyiridike: 2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.
You really had a bad experience of them, very bad. What has being romantic to do with ones height?
Onyiridike: 3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.
Tall men are like every other men, but God gave us a bonus(height). You are hating on us for nothing. Every woman knows how nice it is to be with a man who is a bit taller than her.
Onyiridike: Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

7. He is social

8. Among others
Stop showing off, you can make all the good points in the world without showing off. You are lucky to have a good man but your post is full of hate and anyone reading it will think you are still angry because you couldn't get a Tall husband.
Onyiridike: I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.
You don't need to say it b4 we know what you think of us. Tall guys are not bad but all of them want your vagina rightundecided
They are not bad but none of them is caring huhundecided. Like I said, your post shows that you hate Tall guys. Maybe they took your virginity or a tall guy broke your heart but You don't have to generalize.
Onyiridike: Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

So true.

I'm not against your post, you made valid points but I believe you can do better than this. You really don't need to tell us about your man because he is not perfect

You also don't need to condem Tall guys. We have done you no wrong. Most of my friends that are short are angry stingy people and sometimes I do wonder how their women cope with their attitude but should I condem all short guys cause of them? No way. Matured people don't think that way.

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by chemystery: 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thank God i'm short o. Oya ladies make una start deh pm me!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by rawpadgin(m): 7:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
height is so overrated, seriously
am only 5"8 yet beautiful chicks are always @ my beck & call
all my so-called tall friends can't even match my prowess in woman issues

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Crocz:

Tell me there is not the most slightest desire for a tall man in the most innermost and deepest longing part of your heart

It may not be your priority but it's still there...and if not, you are the exception then, not the rule

No!!! And none of my daughters will date/marry a man simply because he is tall. Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Is Dangote or Mike Adenuga the tallest man in Nigeria?

2. Is Obama the tallest man in the world?

3. Is Lionel Messi the tallest player in the world?

4. What exactly does a lady benefits from a man's height which an average or even a short man can not offer?

5. Do we cook human being and eat them like yam or meat so that a tall man will full the pot?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Polchiz(m): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Actually, this is the best post on nairaland romance section.

Mods should move this to front page so that our sisters will know the obvious truth.

Anybody that says that by simply being tall makes a man better than short guys should try and convince me that a woman who is yellow in complexion is better than the ones who are dark in complexion.

Anyway, some deluded female folks will always wait to make their own mistakes before they learn.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by solomonbrown64: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Crocz:

This one is short!

bro,knew a fellow lyk u wuld come statin wah he doesnt know......
well, for ur info, I m 6ft 1......xo ur statement is wrong....

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Polchiz: Actually, this is the best post on nairaland romance section.

Mods should move this to front page so that our sisters will know the obvious truth.

Anybody that says that by simply being tall makes a man better than short guys should try and convince me that a woman who is yellow in complexion is better than the ones who are dark in complexion.

Anyway, some deluded female folks will always wait to make their own mistakes before they learn.
Exactly! Can we say that ladies who are yellow in complexion are better than those who are dark-complexioned?

The reason why bleaching creams are selling like pure water.

Enough of lazy and deluded guys who have got nothing but EXCESS pitutrine (growth) hormone to brag about.

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
solomonbrown64:

bro,knew a fellow lyk u wuld come statin wah he doesnt know......
well, for ur info, I m 6ft 1......xo ur statement is wrong....

And what if you are short? What is wrong with that?

Leave him alone. If some guys don't take time, they will bring down their height to wash the car of a short man, clean his shoe and prostrate to greet him warmly.

My brother, work hard and pray that God crowns your effort with success.

Ensure that your achievement is taller than mountain Everest and I bet you that you will have nothing to worry about.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by pickabeau1: 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
You are lucky u got somebody willing to marry your shallow self .no be only tall...what of thor

At least it is good you are preaching your gospel from the comfort of your 'marriage'.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by stpat1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
hmmmm. I still t trying to think deep to have a clue as to what triggered this post.
The truth is that your opinion and advice is actually stemmed from you being unsuccessful in attracting a nice tall guy. That is to say, if the tall guy(s) you dated were nice and caring as you craved for, your would have been singing a different tune by now. Its quite unfortunate.

There are lots of nice tall guys out there and there ate several nasty short dudes too.

37 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

"What My Fiance Did For Me After Breaking My Leg In An Accident". Photos / People say Age Is Just A Number. Do you agree?(picture) / New Photos Of The Lady Who Used Frame To Get Married In Absence Of Her Groom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.