Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,650 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49120 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by daben1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
If height is ur criterion or one of ur criteria for dating a man i think maturity is very far from u

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Eyop: 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
papiforreal: Abeg is 5ft"2 inch tall?
short.infact,majek fashek ikeregbe cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
Olyboy16:
Please! You can only advice not impose!! Every lady has a right to her choice of man! If OP doesnt like short guys it doesnt mean every girl should hate them?
For God's sake, cos one nasty tall guy ditched you doesnt mean all tall guys are the same.
Besides, fact is most ladies like tall guys yes , but they strongly prefer tall, masculine and well built guys not just "tall" lyk y'all ar puting it..its hardwired into them!!
If you @quoted see a "real tall", you'll get wet just to get a feel of his masculine powress!!
will this withdraw money in the bank to cater for her needs? you never hear of tall men wey no fit perform and one short man dey finish work for bedroom.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Sagamite(m): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".

I pity your husband.

He is a living compromise you made to satisfy your selfish need and fear of missing out.

In my opinion, you do not love him, you love the way he loves you.

God forbid that is my portion in life.

I would send a girl like you back to the people you really want.

All you young boys, note: there is no benefit in marrying any women

- Who was not attracted to you initially or at the first few interactions

- Who would die for a different kind of guy from you if they gave her the chance

- Who is only after you because others will not satisfy her needs

- Who would only consider you when the aesthetics is in decline

Fck that!

The phrase "I gave him/a guy a chance" is an insult in my world. Any girlfriend/wife I hear who dares use that on me is a goner.

It subconsciously unveils a hidden psychology.

19 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Lightening: 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:

It's obvious you married him because of his money and nothing more, you sound too angry to have a reasonable conversation with anyone.
Keep your nwakpuda and let us keep our giants

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You must be a comedian.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by legalwealth(m): 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".

Good!We need a counter thread.
"Why Nigerian Guys Should NOT Be Obsessed With Ladies' Height"
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Hemanwel(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
Choi!!
Almost all the 'brief' guys on this thread have liked this post.I can imagine the huge sigh of relief y'all are heaving.
But my advise will always be that,if you're a short lady,dont go for an equally short guy as a husband else,...na midgets straight!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: .

Ladies feel protected if they are dating Tall dude.

Ladies believe dat tall guys are good on bed. .

Ladies also believe dat tall guys hv long dick which is true nd you ladies like long and fat dick.

Ladies feel good if they are dating tall guys. . . The combination of tall dude nd ladie always make sense unlike short dude.

Infact tall dude are naturally attractive to ladies

Am proud to be a tall niqqa
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Mettal: 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
What you gals are doing to our short brothers we tall guys are retributing justly,learn to love our short brothers and we'll learn to appreciate you.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
lalasticlala: r u short?
NO
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by rainbowb(f): 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
That's really true
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
legalwealth:

Good!We need a counter thread.
"Why Nigerian Guys Should NOT Be Obsessed With Ladies' Height"
actually why guys should not be obsessed with light skinned babes with big behind.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
Olyboy16:
Please! You can only advice not impose!! Every lady has a right to her choice of man! If OP doesnt like short guys it doesnt mean every girl should hate them?
For God's sake, cos one nasty tall guy ditched you doesnt mean all tall guys are the same.
Besides, fact is most ladies like tall guys yes , but they strongly prefer tall, masculine and well built guys not just "tall" lyk y'all ar puting it..its hardwired into them!!
If you @quoted see a "real tall", you'll get wet just to get a feel of his masculine powress!!

I be like girl for your eyeshocked shocked
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by thandii1: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:
Well she started it when she said her thread was specifically for my type. Doubt whatever you wanna doubt na for your pocket. undecided

Nwakpuda is a term used to describe short people, I don't see any insult there. Is your time that likes to find faults where there are none. This is a public forum, my opinion must not always be aligned with yours so take it or leave it.

Marrying a short or tall guy is a choice, nobody should create threads dissing tall people because they ended up with short ones.

Exactly!

Most tall guys are not caring, most tall guys are full of them selves and feel bla bla..that's just some BS she's stating like a fact.

If I start typing epistles about the shortcomings of the short guys I go win hands down sef..lol..

Making so much fuss about one's height is just ridiculous.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:
By their words you shall know them.
Short guys be like .... FYI, most girls shouting tall guys are dating cute short or average height guys.

Foolish girls

Why are girls not wanting to date Tall ugly guys, then? undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
What were you thinking...5'7 is not short!

Onyiridike:

My dear, I have learnt my lessons.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Olyboy16(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
majekdom2: will this withdraw money in the bank to cater for her needs? you never hear of tall men wey no fit perform and one short man dey finish work for bedroom.
My arguement stil remains that you have not met all the tall guys! Infact, i'm sure u're probably living in an area where getting pure and fine breed guys are scarce or you have never met one b4 or maybe pure breeds just dont give you a wink(u'r probably nt up to standard).
Its an instinct in ever being to always want the strongest, smartest, hugest and most caring mate to be with.. But this become the opposite when you get sorounded with mud breeds and regulars..which obviously is your case and OP's
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Eyop:
short.infact,majek fashek ikeregbe cheesy grin

nawao..... sis iam not short o. It was typo. I wanted to write 5ft"11 inch. So isnt tall,average or short?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Olyboy16(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
Logicalmindy:

I be like girl for your eyeshocked shocked
oh, you're a short guy!! Sorry 4 d mix up! Bt d ladies'l stil c dis anyway..
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by zappyj(m): 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
The Op is obviously frustrated that she didn't get her much wanted tdh! Abeg go hug your shortie, no come here dey complain for NL like we care.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
Olyboy16:
My arguement stil remains that you have not met all the tall guys! Infact, i'm sure u're probably living in an area where getting pure and fine breed guys are scarce or you have never met one b4 or maybe pure breeds just dont give you a wink(u'r probably nt up to standard).
Its an instinct in ever being to always want the strongest, smartest, hugest and most caring mate to be with.. But this become the opposite when you get sorounded with mud breeds and regulars..which obviously is your case and OP's
you should understand the message OP is trying to pass ..... there is a diference between obession and having a thing for something. you get it now Mr pure breed. I for like see you since na only fine breed dey stay ur area.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
AfricanApple: for someone like me who is tall, I will be very shy walking with my short husband, so I've always included it in my prayer I want a tall dude. I just hope my prayer was answered but until we get to d permanent site, I wouldn't know

Stop the fasting nd prayer, am here for you babe

ur prayer has been answer grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
I won't entirely agree with ur post..I'm very tall but i do not see any big deal in it..Pple jus compliment me in a 4ny way & we all laf abt it..I hav a gurl dat luves me so much..Not because of my height but because i care 4 her alot..So,hell no..We are actually carin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by askakim(m): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
I have friends that are short and they are doing fine in there career and Lifestyle, why should a short guy be so rubbish like this? Remember a short guy in nigerian might be the tallest in china/japan

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
#gbam
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
tonyx4x44: Them short guys are coming to like them posts

@op you implied that tall guys are bad

Then a paragraph later said you are not saying they are.

Just Diss us straight up angry

... From a tall guy in a loving relationship
On point bro. She perhaps messed wiv the wrong type of dudes. Am Tall,romantic,God fearing,everything she claims her short guy is and maybe more. So pls,don't stereotype us lady.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ever heard of recessive/dominant gene?

If your man has "shortness" in his genes,it can be dominant in your children.
Marrying a coconut tree kinda husband isnt gonna guarantee and child's height.
We can only guess and gamble.
mstik: True talk but....
My children cannot be dwarfs naaa... cry

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by thandii1: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

I am NOT a poor lady who is looking for a rich dude to settle her bill. Right now I am studying a topic on enterpreneurship and management. I am fresh graduate and I am the manager of my father's organization. However, I intend to establish my own business very soon.

I have helped my husband financially even before he married me.

You can go ahead with your insults. They don't affect me or my husband in any way.

Mind you that I had many suitors even those who are as tall as Goliath but I chose my husband.

Is 1.75m short? I am not complaining.

Thank God, today is saturday.

...Then allow people to choose theirs too undecided No need for the baseless conclusion from your own experience and little world that most tall guys are not caring, see their height as the ultimate and highlighting only the good attributes of your short husband. As a short man, e no get hm own flaws too? Let the ladies learn about the shortcomings of being married to a shortie too so that there can be balance.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
op soundz hurt.. e be like sey 1 tall guy bn don do am strong tin b4... mtcheeew.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
Olyboy16:
oh, you're a short guy!! Sorry 4 d mix up! Bt d ladies'l stil c dis anyway..

You are tall ugly guy. grinundecided
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by lekemon(m): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
It is a matter of choice, whether very tall, tall or not. Pulchritude alone is not enough reason when choosing a mate. It boils down to a multiplicity of factors. Ever heard of the term "individualization"?. Treat every case differently. As for me, there's a height she must attain just to balance things up. I wouldnt want a modern day 'David/Goliath' scenario :PIt is a matter of choice, whether very tall, tall or not. Pulchritude alone is not enough reason when choosing a mate. It boils down to a multiplicity of factors. Ever heard of the term "individualization"?. Treat every case differently. As for me, there's a height she must attain just to balance things up. I wouldnt want a modern day 'David/Goliath' scenario

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

She Is Always Speaking With Her Ex / "We Date This And Marry This": Guys, Do You Agree With This Pic? / I Don’t Want To Die Unmarried – Single Woman Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.