Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (92737 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by SHOCK7(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
loswhite: are your friends not enjoying the bleeping? Are your friends taking care of the thing dat does the bleeping? If no, y then do you expect the bleeper to take care of the bleeped grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by xavier047: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
Spot on with your post, you have totally summarize this "notice-me" post with the right words.
To the poster, the moment you made the decision to post the financial state of your bf, showed your shallowness
It's better you stand up and tell your bf that you are tired instead of trying to justify your actions here in this forum
obongproff:

Am not a prophet of doom. But I see u breaking up with him by dis time next year. Cos ur already starting d process by dis post above.

Why are u comparing him with odas? Why do u use ur friends and oda ppl as a standard ur boyfriend must attain to?

Its obvious ur unhappy with ur relationship.

Does he hav a dream or a goal dat will improve his financial condition within 5yrs? Does he hav a plan to actualize dat dream? If he does, 5 yrs from now, u wd either regret u left him or be happy u stayed.

U ladies must undastand dat being broke and being poor are not d same. Broke is temporarily not having cash but having d capacity or potential to make a lot of money in d future. Poor is having no cash and lacking d mental capacity or human potential to make more money in d future.

Its ur choice shawink
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Worksunlimited: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB: I Just don't know why broke guys wants to have a girlfriend too, before you start complaning let me quickly tell you am actually dating one shocked

Guys jump into conclusion that girls don't want to date a broke guy simply because he has nothing to offer financially, but this is not true in all cases, a girl that loves you sees you in her future like her husband. She wants the best for you cos she sees you in her future, a girl can date a broke guy but no girl will intentionally marry a broke man.

I love my broke boyfriend because firstly am not dating him for financial reason and 2ndly because I see a bright future in him, but one thing remain, I can't marry him if he continues being broke.

I have stopped condemning girls that doesn't settle for less, there are so many disadvantages of dating a broke guy namely:

*talk about a boring relationship; when your female friends are going places with their rich bf, you are just there lying on his bed staring at each other's faces in his heated room.

*your friends will not respect him; by the time your female friends get to know about his brokeness the respect will just not be there anymore, girls love each other and they want the best for each other.

*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most annoying, a little amount of money will cause fight between you two, imagine asking your broke boyfriend to at least present himself in a wealthy way to impress your female friends by buying provision or something for them will make him tear you apart.

*he commands too much respect; this is funny, even rich guys that can afford to buy expensive things for their woman doesn't command as much as him, I guess this is done so you won't disregard him.

*he will naturally look stingy to you ; imagine asking your broke boyfriend to help you with #500 when he himself already has a plan for the only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because by the time he decides to impress you with 2000# you won't just be feeling him anymore.

This is just a few of what I can remember now, guys should note that their being financially okay brings a kind of hapiness to their girlfriend/fiancé not only because of what they will enjoy from you but because they see their dream being fufilled through you, you live in the best house, drive the best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be proud to show you off.

I love my baby very much but as little as 100# can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he will be financially ok.

'it takes a real woman to date a broke guy and help him fufil his dream'

All this is written from the sadness of my heart.

I guess some guys don't understand me, I am only asking the guys to be rich for their own good not because of a leech girlfriend/fiance. Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that comes here to talk about money in a relationship. I am not after my Boyfriend's money or anything, his happiness is mine also and I know he will be happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for all his own needs and beyond.

If you become financially successful it is your name that will be known not your wife's name talkless of a girlfriend, that is why I used Dangote and ADenuga as example...how often do you guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it as often as both men? NO! And in case the woman is as sucessful as the likes of omotola jalade, ngozi iweala their man is as successful as them.

Warris all dis nah?

@my bolded, Why cant you also be rich for both of una good? Afterall you mentioned the female rich women!... Who were likely made before they met their husbands (excluding the oloju kokoro/oju be mango women o)...

Please We men are not gods, you think say to become rich is as easy as lying down to sleep.. If na so e easy why u never rich too...

See why men dey beg for default setting babes.. kuku tell us the truth, that your eyes don dey ur girlfriend boyfriends splurgings and u wish it were you quick quick, thus letting us promote you fully to the rank of an OLOJU MANGO...

Respect your mans hustle cos its not easy out here on the streets...

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Missyetty(f): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Girl u fall my hand o, i dn't date a guy once m nt redi 2 acept im 4 who e is, dia er many tinz u gain in a relationship aside money dats if u er 2ru 2 urxef, dn't let fwends interfere in ur relationship.....guez u er old enof 2 decide wat u realy want in life coz @ d end of d day doze fwends wn't b dia again, bliv in ur bf nd stand by im if 2ruly u lov im. #my own 2 kobo

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by muchyblink(m): 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
I am not saying they should have money because of their gf, but because of themselves. Won't they be happy if they live in expensive area? Ride a good car?
my frnd, dat i live in lekky does not mean ur man will live there too. All fingers are not equal ok. Dnt push him to go do money rituals just as my frnd did and he was buried some weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Mattin(m): 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
You expect me to go through thick and thin ALONE, then when the story is changed for GOOD and one arseowl lady will start noticing you, floating around you, you just existed in their dictionary, you will now expect to love that lady wholeheartedly or completely?
You must be a professional joker like Ali baba!

You don see mumu bah?
Awon olobe!

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Worksunlimited: 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
Princecharmin: itz their choice lady.....nd do u knw d diff btwn mife nd gf at all?

Some babes brain dey need flashing.. their brain software don corrupt!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by timoney45(m): 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by timoney45(m): 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB: I Just don't know why broke guys wants to have a girlfriend too, before you start complaning let me quickly tell you am actually dating one shocked

Guys jump into conclusion that girls don't want to date a broke guy simply because he has nothing to offer financially, but this is not true in all cases, a girl that loves you sees you in her future like her husband. She wants the best for you cos she sees you in her future, a girl can date a broke guy but no girl will intentionally marry a broke man.

I love my broke boyfriend because firstly am not dating him for financial reason and 2ndly because I see a bright future in him, but one thing remain, I can't marry him if he continues being broke.

I have stopped condemning girls that doesn't settle for less, there are so many disadvantages of dating a broke guy namely:

*talk about a boring relationship; when your female friends are going places with their rich bf, you are just there lying on his bed staring at each other's faces in his heated room.

*your friends will not respect him; by the time your female friends get to know about his brokeness the respect will just not be there anymore, girls love each other and they want the best for each other.

*he will always disgrace you; yes! This is most annoying, a little amount of money will cause fight between you two, imagine asking your broke boyfriend to at least present himself in a wealthy way to impress your female friends by buying provision or something for them will make him tear you apart.

*he commands too much respect; this is funny, even rich guys that can afford to buy expensive things for their woman doesn't command as much as him, I guess this is done so you won't disregard him.

*he will naturally look stingy to you ; imagine asking your broke boyfriend to help you with #500 when he himself already has a plan for the only #1000 left with him, this is ridiculous because by the time he decides to impress you with 2000# you won't just be feeling him anymore.

This is just a few of what I can remember now, guys should note that their being financially okay brings a kind of hapiness to their girlfriend/fiancé not only because of what they will enjoy from you but because they see their dream being fufilled through you, you live in the best house, drive the best car and all tell me if ur partner won't be proud to show you off.

I love my baby very much but as little as 100# can cause a misunderstanding btw us. God knows the kind of joy that will fill my heart the day he will be financially ok.

I guess some guys don't understand me, I am only asking the guys to be rich for their own good not because of a leech girlfriend/fiance. Nigerian men are quick to insult any girl that comes here to talk about money in a relationship. I am not after my Boyfriend's money or anything, his happiness is mine also and I know he will be happy by the time he is financially ok to cater for all his own needs and beyond.

If you become financially successful it is your name that will be known not your wife's name talkless of a girlfriend, that is why I used Dangote and ADenuga as example...how often do you guys hear of Mrs dangote or Mrs adenuga? Is it as often as both men? NO! And in case the woman is as sucessful as the likes of omotola jalade, ngozi iweala their man is as successful as them.
You have decided to come to disgrace him in public abi? Let me tell a true story of what happened between a broke man and his girlfriend. This girl was like the kind of girls u described up there, who wants to show off rich boyfriends. I never knew how she started dating this broke chap anyway. But she got tired of his status and continue flirting with rich bois. Whenever this broke fellow comes visiting she doesn't give him attention, he will beg for her attention and had to even employ her close friend to plead on his behalf to no avail. He was even ready to marry her in that broke state, but like u she doesn't want to marry a broke guy. After series of going to her friend to go and beg his girlfriend she finally told him she can't marry a broke Bottom nigga. However he found solace in her friend and immediately married her ( in his broke state) and after some years passed he became an assembly man, had a second tenure and became the speaker of the house and was later elevated to become the deputy governor. During his political transition, the lady that rejected him now without a husband (either rich or poor one) went about telling whomever cared to listen that her friend stole her man from her and married him. It happened in Bayelsa state. # You could be possessed by marine spirit that is hindering him from making money. My advice leave if you feel tired about his present condition and if he starts progressing, go for deliverance. # Most of those friends you are talking about will end up marrying poor and average guys. While you remain a spinster going from church to church searching for husband in your mid forties # Never look at what friends are doing and talking cos they might not be the reality of what they are going through.
Am off

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by royalblood21: 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Who is this one? That ur gf is dating Ɣ☺u for money doesn't mean every girl is like her ok? I have been with my bf for close to 3years now nd I haven't spent his 10k, if the relationship is based on money, I would have left even before the first 3months.

Why are u now writing his biography here?? U are not a good woman! grin grin ... oga ooo so u are using ur boyfrnd as a case study! HA! OBINRIN!

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by lottoe(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
ancashy:
Yeah,where are all d girls you dated now,u are nw ok(I suppose) and u did nt end up with them(at least nt all of them)so for them,their gain for staying with u is d fond memories,dey were nt demanding but still left anyway,nt castigating just saying she shuld b sure of wat she is doing
I get your point, quite right, definition of relationship is all about learning from each other and improving ones in various pursuit of ones life. I had to let them go because i never planned to marry them early, and they are all eager to marry fast. Today they are all married with lovely husbands, because they chose right, and they learnt the right way of analyzing a man that will stay and never give up on them.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bros, wetin u dey think?
MDelgado:

9 years?Why haven't you been commenting?I hope is not what am thinking..
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by eddyline(m): 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
in kanye's voice, now I ain't saying she's a gold digger, But She ain't f###ing with a broke nikkur.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by zappyj(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
voltron: A lesson for those guys who are always h0rny and looking for top-class punana.. raise the bar on your hustle and use every waking (and sleeping) opportunity to improve yourself and your chances at becoming successful. you know you would not want your little sister dating a broke-ass bruva so that when the love birds are trekking past mile2 to festac because he cannot afford money for keke and she gets rapped by agberos.

The Truth is, a lot of single mothers owe their condition to their st00pid sense of attraction and majorly the fact that the bruva who knocked them pregnant could not afford a N5 condom.. nigga broke as the 10 commandments. grin grin

Lmao..u just said the bleeping truth bro grin

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
No go find job, if you like dey wait for man to give you money....rubbish

Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by luvola(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: Lol nvm cheesy
Can I know you please ? pm.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
luvola: Can I know you please ? pm.
would be nice smiley , but I kind of can't access my mail atm. sorry sad
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by stuhporh: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
lol... i just went through OP's posted topics. you guys should try it. You will understand!
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by luvola(m): 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: would be nice smiley , but I kind of can't access my mail atm. sorry sad
eyah... We can chat on a social network (whatapp ,bbm or facebook). How can we exchange contact ? I like your post. ayodeleolaolu05@yahoo.com ... Hope to see your mail. Thankful.lol
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
luvola: eyah...
okies smiley
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by xtervaganza(m): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Princecharmin: why u open eyes na 4 ur dp....e too wide sad
na when I hear say u catch ebola oo

Lol
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by goryorhal(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
tebirim: No go find job, if you like dey wait for man to give you money....rubbish

Lmao !!! Guy you na fight ? Lol
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by luvola(m): 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: okies smiley
hmmmm.. This one you are smiling.. Shey you will add me #sad face
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by lexandra(f): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Not a guarantee to lasting love at times and Love is all that matters.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by ibietela2(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
chronique: @ OP: I understand how you feel. I've been in that kind of situation in the past. However,it was for a short period. One thing you should know is that,your bf might actually be dying inside of him due to his inability to make things happen financially,but He wouldn't say or show it. On the other hand,you might think dude is just ok with his situation but it's so far from the truth. No real man will be happy to be broke and not be able to spend on his lady. In my case,I became so depressed and frustrated and I had to let her go. Today,God has changed my story. If you really love the guy,just pray for him and continue to support him with all of your heart. I know some guys could be really stupid to leave the lady who suffered with them,when they eventually make it;don't let it stop you from giving him your best. Girls like you are rare(if truly you love him and support him despite his being broke,without cheating on him);keep it up.

My advice to broke guys: DO NOT GO INTO A RELATIONSHIP IF YOU ARE TOTALLY BROKE. It's the best recipe for depression and frustration.

Nice write up, she should also stop listening to those bad friends
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
luvola: hmmmm.. This one you are smiling.. Shey you will add me #sad face
grin
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by dapsy4u2(m): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: grin
. undecided
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
dapsy4u2: . undecided
wharapened? sad
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by dapsy4u2(m): 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: wharapened? sad
. Nurrin. #justobserving and seemingly interested wink
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by destante(f): 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
dapsy4u2: . Nurrin. #justobserving and seemingly interested wink
oh isokay cheesy
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by dapsy4u2(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: oh isokay cheesy
. Then can we meet at the corner smiley
Re: Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? by josite: 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
being broke do happen .the issue does he have a job worth doing .if it is not producing enof money,let your prayers come in to bail him out,u do sound like a parasite though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

xxxxxxxxxxx / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos) / Groom Puts Head In Wife's Wedding Gown At Wedding Venue(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.