Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! - Family (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (40376 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 8:50am On Oct 03, 2014
dastranger:
It was the pagans then that called them Christians. So christianity as a nature/belief or whatever you call it might not have bn accepted by God. As far as I'm concerned, logically what is not invented by God should not be taken up. before you start to dey assume whether I'm a Muslim, Pls don't! I just like to ask questions and reason logically. I'm not one of those guys pastors or whatever can fool with their miracles /voodoo. Even in the Bible, it is written that anything miracles re questionable my dear. And Pls don't tell me that you must have the holy ghost in you before you can understand the Bible.. That talk is a complete farce. If the Bible was for humanity, then why would God want it to be understood by some men alone knowing that humans re corrupt and liars! Or is it mentioned in the Bible that you must have holyghost in your before you can understand Bible ?

Reason and do research on your own dear, follow not the footsteps of what your fathers presented to you when you were young. Do you agree logically that if your parents were Muslim, and you were born a Muslim, you'd have bn defending Islam today
You forgot that God sent Christ, his son to this world to fulfil the law and Christ himself said we should potray his nature and live a sinless life just like him. That's what being christian means.
In other words, Christ is the word of God and whatever he says is exactly coming from God's mind.
He says in Matt 5:14 ''Ye are the light of the world. A city that's on a hill cannot be hid... Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven''. That's exactly what the pagan saw in the disciples of Christ. Infact, if the devil do not see Christ in you, you aint yet a christian.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by mylora: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2014
@dear Shirley, u seem to know so much about Christianity and the bible. Pray, does it also teach someone to abuse people or to practice an eye for an eye?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 10:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Shirley07:
You can't use logic for the scriptures though.

what should we use then, foolishness?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 11:58am On Oct 03, 2014
Shirley07:
By accepting Christ and forsaking his/er sin. ''Be ye therefore perfect even as your father in heaven is perfect''- Matt 5:48
Potraying a sinless life is exactly what makes one a christian and that's where the holy spirit comes in to lead and teach.
Christ himself said 'Except a man is born of water and the spirit, he can not enter the kingdom of God'- John 3:5.
Don't ask me if I have the holy spirit..

Very true
However to grow from a babe to an adult you need meat.

Living as being led.

What's the issue here again..

You said it's a nature as against a belief
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by dastranger(m): 5:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Shirley07:

It's that your description. No wonder your ranting and long epistles are all epic fail, olodo.
Females are not meant to have big brain anyway. However, we have the highest IQ. That's what makes us tick.
I guess your brain is not only as big as elephant's brain but also with the primitive components. Shior.
Pls stop with the abuses and let's behave maturely

You haven't answered my question, If you were born a Muslim, won't you be defending Islam today?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

OH!
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
coogar:

maclatunji:

OH!

Well, he or she is right.....logic and scriptures do not mix.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
I wouldn't advice polygamy for anybody the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages.

Lots of problems especially for the kids, women will always have beef with each others and try to show-off using the kids sometimes as ammos for doing this. Thereby raising dysfunctional kids.

If you are too bright you will inspire envy, if you are dull you will attract scorn anything you do someone is getting angry.

For the sake of the kids I will say a Big NO to polygamy.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
dastranger:

Pls stop with the abuses and let's behave maturely

You haven't answered my question, If you were born a Muslim, won't you be defending Islam today?
You think I'm defending christianity because I was born into a christian home?
Nope. I'm a christian because of my conviction and salvation. You may not understand it but I can tell you that I have my own experience of salvation.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by macof(m): 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
logicboy01:
Top lies used to promote polygamy;

1) It stops cheating
FALSE! If a man can cheat on one wife, what stops him from cheating on 2 or 3 or 4??

2) Allows for more children and also better in case of infertility
FALSE
-a man with four wives will have no children if the man is infertile
-just as a man can marry another wife to get children in polygamy one too can divorce his barren wife and marry a fertile one. Unfair but true
-Sensible societies have 2-3 or 2-4 children on average. Very easy for a fertile woman to have at least 2 children

3) More resources/income if all the wives plus husband earn money
HALF TRUE
There are more mouths to feed, so there is little difference.

4) More people get married if polygamy is allowed in the society
HALF TRUE
More women can potentially be married but it means less women for men to marry.
If every man married 4 wives, there needs to be a ratio of 4-1 in women to men. lipsrsealed

Polygamy has no single advantage over monogamy. Not even one.
Cheaters will cheat!!!

Doesn't change the fact that you can't dictate to a man in his own house. If having multiple wives suits him and the first wife approves I don't see how it's anybody's business undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by funkyme2014(f): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2014
Am sure u helped out wen d house wz bn constructed financially n nw u are expected to share wit someone who knws nxt to nothing abt your stress. My dear its only u dat can advise yourself on wat to do . Am in same situation kind of n he is threatening having a 3rd woman . I don't give a damn if he takes 200 women , I live my life to be happy n look good for myself n my kids. If u over worry yourself n develop BP problem n dies your kids wil suffee more in d hands of d step mum so watch it. Though nt easy but we are women. One more thing "Go have yourself checked for infections n if u are done having kids use protection wen meeting him
GodsDivinefavor:

Its a 5 bedroom apartment.

All what you mention are actually what I need God to guide me on.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 18, 2015
tbaba12345: Studying for a PhD in engineering at cambridge, she might not seem like a prime candidate to enter into a polygamous marriage.

But that is what Nabilah Phillips did, dropping out of university to become the second woman married to businessman Hasan Phillips who has since acquired a third wife.

Yesterday it emerged that Mrs Phillips, from North London, is among thousands of Muslim women entering into such relationships which are illegal in the UK but allowed under sharia law which permits men to have four wives.

A new television documentary, The Men with Many Wives, exposes the rise in these unions – of which there are believed to be as many as 20,000 in Britain – and the dating agency, Muslim Marriage Event, responsible for setting many of them up.

Having already been through a divorce Mrs Phillips, 35, originally from Malaysia, signed up to a similar matrimony service specifically looking for a married man.

She told the programme: ‘I was looking for someone who had been married or was already in a marriage.

‘I was married before and having gone through one divorce, you kind of know what you want in marriage, so I wanted someone who already knows how to be a husband.

‘I really enjoy being in a polygamous relationship. We are not silly people who are forced into this type of relationship.’

Through the service she signed up to she met 32-year-old Mr Phillips – also divorced but re-married to City worker Sakinah, 33, – and decided to abandon her studies to become his second wife.

The wives occasionally meet when Mr Phillips, who as well as being a businessman also works for a charity aiming to spread the word of Islam, organises family outings.

Nabilah Phillips said: ‘If any problem happens between co-wives it’s usually his fault. Praising somebody too much. “Why don’t you be more like her, she’s this, she’s that”. If he didn’t say that, we would all be happy.’

She has two children with Mr Phillips, who has six in total, and helps to run his import-export business. But abandoning her high-flying academic career was not her only change after she married. She also began wearing the Muslim veil, the niqab.

She told Radio Times: ‘I wanted to wear one before I got married – being married to Hasan has given me the opportunity to wear one and be steady at it. The only prejudice I have met so far has been from other Muslims.’

During filming Mr Phillips, who converted to Islam from Christianity when he was 16, marries a third woman, Somalia-born Anub, 41.

He did not invite his other two wives to the small ceremony, held at the local mosque, saying: ‘I don’t think it would be right to invite them. Even though they are accepting of polygamy, you don’t want to really rub it in their faces, “Look, I’m getting married”, and expect them to be happy and have a party about it.’

Each wife lives in a separate house in London and Mr Phillips spends three nights in each home before moving on to the next.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2757559/Woman-dropped-cambridge-PhD-enter-polygamous-marriage-Muslim-businessman-two-wives.html#ixzz3DaamrFjw

Incomprehensible.

A dropout enters a polygamous union: that's the headline you want? Really, I'm at a loss, tho. How do the two positively/properly correlate?
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Visit this thread to read interesting submissions on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?
https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygyny-should-live-second-wife#61411074

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Dances For 3 Hours, Gives Birth Afterwards / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? / Man Wraps His Baby Daughter In His Dreadlocks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.