Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Is The Expression, "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves Biblical"? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Expression, "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves Biblical"? (24267 Views)

My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Is The Expression, "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves Biblical"? by doofanc: 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
Udoabasi:
I'm not to judge what is wrong or right. All I know is that the bible does not put it that way and it should not be used as if it is like that in the bible.

Well I personally think emphasis should be on the meaning conveyed, rather than individual words.

As such I don't think the addition of 'sweet' in this instance is such a big deal.

it might interest u to know that the Bible was not written in English, and so translators occasionally had to add some words or phrases to make the meaning clearer.
Re: Is The Expression, "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves Biblical"? by doofanc: 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Udoabasi:
I'm not to judge what is wrong or right. All I know is that the bible does not put it that way and it should not be used as if it is like that in the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.