Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (961216 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by baroun04(m): 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2019
mickel00:
Let me share my Bank's Fixed deposit rates here. It is way better than TB.
I am willing to answer an query(ies) as regard the Fixed deposit.
Which bank is this?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ultimated1:

Good day Sir, kindly validate your claims with proofs. I believe you sent a mail to SEC. You can as well substantiate your claims with the response mail you got from SEC. However, if SEC did not reply your mail, kindly visit any of their office closest to you in person.

I would really love that the next time you would come on this platform to say UK-DION investment Limited is not regulated (as Claimed by you), you will do so with proofs.

For more information you can visit any of our office: Portharcout, Warri, Abuja or Lagos.

You can call or chat: 08065210072.

I am yet to get a reply from SEC. Will send a reminder on Monday

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by alezzy13: 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
emmasoft:

Tbills rate will definitely affects mmf because mmf managers invest the major part of the funds available to them in Tbills in fact the 91 days tenor rate is used as bench mark for interest paid by the fund managers. This also go a long way to make us know that mmfs are regulated, structured and economy base investment. It's not a get rich scheme or out of the blues money making arrangements. If anyone is new to mmf I will advice don't be discourage better days are ahead.

Though surprisingly even with TBs still tumbling down 6-8%, mmf rates are generally doing quite well. As at last week almost all are still double digit:

AXA - 10.17
FBN - 11.44
ARM - 11.09
I/One - 11.2
Stabic - 10.4

Tho I dont know for how the rates will continue like this ooo embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2019
alezzy13:

Though surprisingly even with TBs still tumbling down 6-8%, mmf rates are generally doing quite well. As at last week almost all are still double digit:

AXA - 10.17
FBN - 11.44
ARM - 11.09
I/One - 11.2
Stabic - 10.4

Tho I dont know for how the rates will continue like this ooo embarassed

mmf will always be a bit higher because apart from a major part of their fund invested in Tbills. They also invest in other money market instruments like commercial paper.
Don't forget to PM me for details to invest in Abacus mmf with investment one.
Re: Mutual Funds by singletech(m): 9:40am On Dec 02, 2019
mickel00:
Let me share my Bank's Fixed deposit rates here. It is way better than TB.
I am willing to answer an query(ies) as regard the Fixed deposit.
bro which bank is this please?
Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
Good afternoon house.
please I'm looking at buying some high risks bonds from Stanbic fund management to keep and hold for 20 to 30 years.

which do you advise I consider?

[center]STANBIC IBTC NIGERIAN EQUITY FUND
STANBIC IBTC IMAAN FUND
STANBIC IBTC ETHICAL FUND[/center]

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ernie I see you are still here!

You don try for naija O.

Have those calling us lazy investors now joined us grin?
ernie4life:

I don't have any and i don't know any either, but this thread provides you with all the info you need,
take your time and read through also feel free to ask any question,
we are here to assist each other make the best out of their hard earned money

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
carpenter:

Ernie I see you are still here!

You don try for naija O.

Have those calling us lazy investors now joined us grin?

They are coming in from the back door oh,
Let's just keep helping them.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Morkavictor: 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
baroun04:

Which bank is this?
I can guarantee you 15% interest on any fixed deposit (a year) from 50m and above.
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 2:51pm On Dec 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin
ernie4life:

They are coming in from the back door oh,
Let's just keep helping them.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Nakedman: 9:05am On Dec 10, 2019
Hello house, Is there anyone here who subscribe to MMF via Zenith Bank...? Urgent response is needed.
Re: Mutual Funds by Obinna1150: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2019
Hello who can help me with two gt bank current account references for current account
Re: Mutual Funds by Breezy90(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2019
Good day,please I want to invest in mmf preferably Stanbic ibtc,I will like to know the rates for each tenure.thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
Breezy90:
Good day,please I want to invest in mmf preferably Stanbic ibtc,I will like to know the rates for each tenure.thanks
The rates are always fluctuating and I think it all depends on your appetite for risks and long term commitment.
If you want guarantee on your capital, I'll suggest you go for the guaranteed investment as it slightly edges the money market fund
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
Dear Mutual funders(money market funds branch),

hope you saw the bloodbath in treasury bills primary auction today,
please don't act surprised when our darling rates drops to single digit.

Regards.
fellow Mutual funder(money market funds branch)
Re: Mutual Funds by titilope07: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
ernie4life:
Dear Mutual funders(money market funds branch),

hope you saw the bloodbath in treasury bills primary auction today,
please don't act surprised when our darling rates drops to single digit.

Regards.
fellow Mutual funder(money market funds branch)
as at today stanbic ibtc money market funds rate is 10.12%. I'm sure before next week it will drop further.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
Obinna1150:
Hello who can help me with two gt bank current account references for current account

Pls get reference in a better way. In financial world references are not gotten this way. Meet friends, family members, colleagues for things like this. More so the reference don't necessarily have to be a customer of the bank you which to open account with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Just2endowed2(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
benedictuyi:

The rates are always fluctuating and I think it all depends on your appetite for risks and long term commitment.
If you want guarantee on your capital, I'll suggest you go for the [b]guaranteed investment [/b]as it slightly edges the money market fund

Explain sir
Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 8:06am On Dec 12, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Explain sir

Stanbic Money market funds (mmf) invest 100% of it's assests in money market securities such as Tbills, commercial paper etc.

On the other hand, the stanbic guarantee fund invests a huge chunk of the percentage in money market securities, but also invests a part of it in equities (stocks). As a result, it tends to do slightly better than the mmf and it also guarantees your capital just as the mmf.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:16am On Dec 12, 2019
benedictuyi:

Stanbic Money market funds (mmf) invest 100% of it's assests in money market securities such as Tbills, commercial paper etc.

On the other hand, the stanbic guarantee fund invests a huge chunk of the percentage in money market securities, but also invests a part of it in equities (stocks). As a result, it tends to do slightly better than the mmf and it also guarantees your capital just as the mmf.

Is equities doing better than money market?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2019
I think with the current trend in money market funds, now will be a good time to look into debt(bonds) funds.

has anyone invested in debt(bonds) funds? it will be nice to hear from such persons, i will also try to get a list of debt funds available, rates and other features.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by benedictuyi(m): 8:38am On Dec 12, 2019
ernie4life:

Is equities doing better than money market?
Equities is mainly long term tho
Re: Mutual Funds by Just2endowed2(m): 9:40am On Dec 12, 2019
benedictuyi:

What's the. Current rate for guarantee fund
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
A few bond funds.

Legacy debt fund- Fcmb fund managers.
Stanbic IBTC bond fund
Nigerian international Debt fund - Afrinvest asset management
United capital bond fund
Re: Mutual Funds by Just2endowed2(m): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2019
ernie4life:
A few bond funds.

Legacy debt fund- Fcmb fund managers.
Stanbic IBTC bond fund
Nigerian international Debt fund - Afrinvest asset management
United capital bond fund

What are there rate pls?

Stabic bond fund is 14% but I do not know about others
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
Just2endowed2:

What are there rate pls?

Stabic bond fund is 14% but I do not know about others

Afrinvest is doing 17.47%,

I will get others, but anyone who has for others can share too

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Just2endowed2(m): 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
ernie4life:

Afrinvest is doing 17.47%,

I will get others, but anyone who has for others can share too

Really? Looks too good to be true but I am not doubting you.

Please what's there minimum investment and what's the minimum duration to pull out in Afrinvest

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
ernie4life:
I think with the current trend in money market funds, now will be a good time to look into debt(bonds) funds.

has anyone invested in debt(bonds) funds? it will be nice to hear from such persons, i will also try to get a list of debt funds available, rates and other features.

Invest in Vantage Guaranteed income fund (VGIF) with Investment one. check my signature.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Really? Looks too good to be true but I am not doubting you.

Please what's there minimum investment and what's the minimum duration to pull out in Afrinvest

I will recommend you write to them directly to confirm how it works
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
emmasoft:

Invest in Vantage Guaranteed income fund (VGIF) with Investment one. check my signature.

I have invested in VGIF, it's not a bond fund, its a fixed income fund
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2019
ernie4life:

I have invested in VGIF, it's not a bond fund, its a fixed income fund
Part of the fund is invested in bonds

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.