Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,903 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956583 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Diogo2019: 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
Tmoore92:

Thanks, I appreciate

But please can I subscribe my FBN account at will?
What's the procedure if I can?

I didnt understand your question
Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 9:48am On Nov 14, 2019
Hello house
I just want to find out if I can withdraw #30M from my Stanbic MMF at a go. Or do they have maximum withdrawal per day?
Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
So just when I decided to join the train and invest federal government crashed treasury bills rates to single digits. I know MMF also invests in treasury bills and this entails the MMF interest rates will also fall correspondingly. Or am I missing something?

Where are the pros? Please did I miss something? cry

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Franky826:
So just when I decided to join the train and invest federal government crashed treasury bills rates to single digits. I know MMF also invests in treasury bills and this entails the MMF interest rates will also fall correspondingly. Or am I missing something?

Where are the pros? Please did I miss something? cry

You are right. mmf basically means investing in Tbills with funds pulled together and invested by fund managers. They even use 91 days TBills rate as yardstick for returns. That not withstanding TBills is still better than fixed deposit in banks. You can also do other types of funds apart from mmf. We have vgif managed by investment one. fif managed by fbn, bf managed by ucap and others. Note: returns on these are not usually quarterly and the risk a little higher than that of mmf definitely with higher risk expect higher returns.
However, don't be scared from investing. All over the world investments windows are always in circles - bulls and bears, highs and lows, weak and strong etc. Even in Agriculture there is a period of bumper harvest and poor harvest likewise in business there is good times and bad times in all the farmer still farms and the businessman still do business. So during low rates investors will still invest as well as during high rates the difference is that you change strategies at each different seasons to optimize returns. This period will soon pass. It's this up and down that makes experienced investors to grow strong and very confident.
Lastly if you can take higher risk. The stock market bull just started you can go in and make some quick cash- This is not recommendation. Do you due diligence all decisions are 100% yours. The hustle continues!!

11 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
emmasoft:

You are right. mmf basically means investing in Tbills with funds pulled together and invested by fund managers. They even use 91 days TBills rate as yardstick for returns. That not withstanding TBills is still better than fixed deposit in banks. You can also do other types of funds apart from mmf. We have vgif managed by investment one. fif managed by fbn, bf managed by ucap and others. Note: returns on these are not usually quarterly and the risk a little higher than that of mmf definitely with higher risk expect higher returns.
However, don't be scared from investing. All over the world investments windows are always in circles - bulls and bears, highs and lows, weak and strong etc. Even in Agriculture there is a period of bumper harvest and poor harvest likewise in business there is good times and bad times in all the farmer still farms and the businessman still do business. So during low rates investors will still invest as well as during high rates the difference is that you change strategies at each different seasons to optimize returns. This period will soon pass. It's this up and down that makes experienced investors to grow strong and very confident.
Lastly if you can take higher risk. The stock market bull just started you can go in and make some quick cash- This is not recommendation. Do you due diligence all decisions are 100% yours. The hustle continues!!

Thanks a lot for the input and clarification.
Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
Pls has anyone open mmf account with chapel Hill?
Re: Mutual Funds by michael18(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
Requested to open a balanced fund with Fbn quest,some weeks back when the price was low and they just fall person hand. now that it's coming up,if they approach me. I go give them fire. mtchheeww
Re: Mutual Funds by needful: 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
igbizen:
Hello house
I just want to find out if I can withdraw #30M from my Stanbic MMF at a go. Or do they have maximum withdrawal per day?

U hav to be present in the bank to liquidate that sum. If u are withdrawing via abroad, ur daily maximum is N2.5m
Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
needful:

U hav to be present in the bank to liquidate that sum. If u are withdrawing via abroad, ur daily maximum is N2.5m

This is not good. Fixed deposit is better then for what I plan to do. At least I know all the money will enter on the date I choose.
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by needful: 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
igbizen:

This is not good. Fixed deposit is better then for what I plan to do. At least I know all the money will enter on the date I choose.
Thanks

If you want all your money at once, go with AXA mansard, with them, u can withdraw all your money at once. But with stanbic, it's a no no.
Re: Mutual Funds by ijeshaboy: 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
I did online recharge of 800k since yesterday but it hasnt reflect, i was told it takes like 2business day, how true is that.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
ijeshaboy:
I did online recharge of 800k since yesterday but it hasnt reflect, i was told it takes like 2business day, how true is that.

If it's Stanbic. MMF and you funded your account through your card. It's true. To have same day value do a bank transfer before 12noon on a business day.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2019
ijeshaboy:
I did a transfer yesterday by 8am and it reflected around 3.30pm same yesterday. Stop using card payment - card payment takes 2 days.
Re: Mutual Funds by ijeshaboy: 9:19am On Nov 16, 2019
igbizen:

I did a transfer yesterday by 8am and it reflected around 3.30pm same yesterday. Stop using card payment - card payment takeps 2 days.
how do one get the account number
Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2019
Those who are using FBN please how do you get your daily rates? The site I have doesn't update daily rates it updates in like 3-4 days and it makes it extremely difficult to do correct calculations.

Also please what the average current rates now since the treasury bills issues? Help, anyone please.

Emmasoft Enque boyhood
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2019
Franky826:
Those who are using FBN please how do you get your daily rates? The site I have doesn't update daily rates it updates in like 3-4 days and it makes it extremely difficult to do correct calculations.

Also please what the average current rates now since the treasury bills issues? Help, anyone please.

Emmasoft Enque boyhood

https://fbnquest.com/asset-management.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2019
ijeshaboy:
how do one get the account number

Name: FIRST TRUSTEESSIBTC/MONE MKT
Acct Number: 9202476223
Bank : Stanbi IBTC
Re: Mutual Funds by Emmaesty(f): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2019
United Capital has been on 11.53% since this week started.

Choi... From 12.86% to 11.53%

It is well
Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 11:32am On Nov 16, 2019
emmasoft:

https://fbnquest.com/asset-management.

Thanks so much emmasoft.

Another thing please forgive this novice. Does accrued interest include weekends?(Saturday and Sunday) like does your investment grow even on weekends?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Desanta(m): 11:50am On Nov 16, 2019
Franky826:

Thanks so much emmasoft.

Another thing please forgive this novice. Does accrued interest include weekends?(Saturday and Sunday) like does your investment grow even on weekends?

Yes it does.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
Franky826:

Thanks so much emmasoft.

Like Desanta already said it does and also includes public holidays. However, you get the accrued interest reflected the next business day.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Morkavictor: 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
emmasoft:

Like Desanta already said it does and also includes public holidays. However, you get the accrued interest reflected the next business day.
so the accrued interest from Friday to Sunday is credited on Monday.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
Morkavictor:
so the accrued interest from Friday to Sunday is credited on Monday.
Yes towards midday

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dammy222(f): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good day all. I am considering going for Stanbic mutual funds or FBN mutual funds . Please, which will you recommend between the two with reasons, thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
dammy222:
Good day all. I am considering going for Stanbic mutual funds or FBN mutual funds . Please, which will you recommend between the two with reasons, thank you.

They are both okay.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by dammy222(f): 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

They are both okay.
I want the best of the two with good returns
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
dammy222:

I want the best of the two with good returns

They are both good, returns fluctuate. I will advise you to follow your mind.

I think FBN is currently higher than Stanbic, but that should not be the only determining factor
Re: Mutual Funds by dammy222(f): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

They are both good, returns fluctuate. I will advise you to follow your mind.

I think FBN is currently higher than Stanbic, but that should not be the only determining factor
Does FBN compound interest daily like Stanbic? Thanks for your response
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
dammy222:

Yes
Re: Mutual Funds by dammy222(f): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Yes
Alright, thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by Desanta(m): 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
dammy222:

You are paid interest daily but the interest is compounded every 3 months.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by baroun04(m): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
dammy222:

I don't think so, I've been watching Closely, I suspect it's quarterly, if you ask them to reinvest, please prove me wrong

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: GamerXv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.