Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (961147 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
baroun04:

I don't think so, I've been watching Closely, I suspect it's quarterly, if you ask them to reinvest, please prove me wrong

I want to believe that it's the use of some investment terms that seems to make us differ here. Let's not confuse the terms
Basically all mmfs I know accrue interest daily (interest earned daily). But the payment/reinvestment/compounding differ . From experience most mmf accrued interest daily but pay/compound/reinvest quarterly ie your daily accrued interest becomes part of your capital at the end of each quarter. It's only stanbic mmf that a different form of compounding/reinvestment apply. They do theirs randomly. They can reinvest today and do another in a week or the next day or two days etc. for instance they reinvested on 31st Oct, 12th and 14th Nov. that is Stanbic for you, but for others it's quarterly reinvestment. Let's be well guided. God bless all our efforts.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by dammy222(f): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
emmasoft:

I want to believe that it's the use of some investment terms that seems to make us differ here. Let's not confuse the terms
Basically all mmfs I know accrue interest daily (interest earned daily). But the payment/reinvestment/compounding differ . From experience most mmf accrued interest daily but pay/compound/reinvest quarterly ie your daily accrued interest becomes part of your capital at the end of each quarter. It's only stanbic mmf that a different form of compounding/reinvestment apply. They do theirs randomly. They can reinvest today and do another in a week or the next day or two days etc. for instance they reinvested on 31st Oct, 12th and 14th Nov. that is Stanbic for you, but for others it's quarterly reinvestment. Let's be well guided. God bless all our efforts.
Alright, thanks for the clarification.
Re: Mutual Funds by baroun04(m): 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
emmasoft:

Well coming from someone with vast knowledge and experience on financial investment, so I have same stake of mmf on both but that of Fbn matches a little above my monthly expectation but Stanbic is lower. Use 1k/mill/month (@12%)
Re: Mutual Funds by baroun04(m): 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Sorry 10k/month/mill/@12%
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
baroun04:
Sorry 10k/month/mill/@12%
Your observation is right and this is because FBN has been higher in rates in most of the months this year, even right now, though both are lower than 12% as we speak still FBN have some points higher
Re: Mutual Funds by baroun04(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Since mmf is hovering about 11% then one could estimate that it now around 9-9.3k/month/mill
Re: Mutual Funds by gwinaB(m): 10:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
emmasoft:

Your observation is right and this is because FBN has been higher in rates in most of the months this year, even right now, though both are lower than 12% as we speak still FBN have some points higher

I think stanbic invest through fbn.
Re: Mutual Funds by gwinaB(m): 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2019
igbizen:
Hello house
I just want to find out if I can withdraw #30M from my Stanbic MMF at a go. Or do they have maximum withdrawal per day?

I think you can withdraw. I withdrew all I had and they only kept about 50k since I wasn't closing the account
Re: Mutual Funds by gwinaB(m): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2019
Franky826:
So just when I decided to join the train and invest federal government crashed treasury bills rates to single digits. I know MMF also invests in treasury bills and this entails the MMF interest rates will also fall correspondingly. Or am I missing something?

Where are the pros? Please did I miss something? cry

Mutual fund is still at double digits at about 11.09
Re: Mutual Funds by gwinaB(m): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
Umarzy:

Ehen..i thought all top-up done on business days before 12pm will reflect Same day . Has the process changed?

No
Re: Mutual Funds by dammy222(f): 6:22am On Nov 18, 2019
gwinaB:

I think stanbic invest through fbn.
Please explain what you mean
Re: Mutual Funds by Ultimated1(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2019
Good Morning,

My name is Samuel and i am a Representative of UK-Dion investment limited.

UK-Dion Investment Limited is an asset management company with a lot of experience and expertise in fund management. We give individuals and institutions sound and practical advice on investment to assist them attain their financial goals. We are duly registered in Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as Funds and Portfolio managers. Having been in operation for over 4 years, our firm has been built on a strong foundation of integrity and professional ethics and we are bound by the law to put our client’s interests before ours. Investors’ funds are duly insured by Cornerstone Insurance Plc.

OUR INVESTMENT PLANS

PRIME CAPITAL INVESTMENT PLAN: this investment plan is targeted towards individuals, group of persons; associations or cooperatives whose goals is to invest their capital in a secure and high yielding investment product
Features:
• Account is designed for individual and corporate investors.
• Minimum investment amount is N250,000.00
You can earn as much as 19% (T & C APPLY) interest on your investment.
• Up-front payment of interest to investor(s) on investment tenure of 2 years and above.
Investment tenure ranges from 3 months to 5years (12%-90days, 15%-180days, 18%-365days P.A)
• This investment plan is duly insured by Corner stone Insurance.

UK-DION CHILD TRUST FUND: The Uk-Dion Child Trust Fund is designed for parents and guardians who desire to secure the financial future of their children. It enables them set aside funds early enough to give their children the quality of life they dream and desire for them.
Features:
Investment tenure: 5 years.
• Minimum investment amount: N1 Million Naira
Interest rate 20% P.A.
• Minimum contribution period: 2 years (T & C APPLY)
• Account can be funded in single lump.
• Option to indicate how funds should be applied at maturity.

SMART SAVERS INVESTMENT PLAN: [/b]This investment plan is designed for salary earners and business owners who are desirous of cultivating a savings culture
Features:
• [b]Minimum investment N10, 000;

• Minimum investment tenure- 1year,
• Option to convert funds to other investment plan,
• Monthly notifications of receipt of payment via Email or Text message.
• Investors specifies target savings amount
Interest rate is 12% P.A

For more Information: visit our website: www.ukdioninvestment.com

you can also visit our Lagos office at 81, Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos or call/Chat me on +2348065210072.

We look forward to doing business with you.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:55am On Nov 18, 2019
Ultimated1:
Good Morning,

My name is Samuel and i am a Representative of UK-Dion investment limited.

UK-Dion Investment Limited is an asset management company with a lot of experience and expertise in fund management. We give individuals and institutions sound and practical advice on investment to assist them attain their financial goals. We are duly registered in Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as Funds and Portfolio managers. Having been in operation for over 4 years, our firm has been built on a strong foundation of integrity and professional ethics and we are bound by the law to put our client’s interests before ours. Investors’ funds are duly insured by Cornerstone Insurance Plc.

OUR INVESTMENT PLANS

PRIME CAPITAL INVESTMENT PLAN: this investment plan is targeted towards individuals, group of persons; associations or cooperatives whose goals is to invest their capital in a secure and high yielding investment product
Features:
• Account is designed for individual and corporate investors.
• Minimum investment amount is N250,000.00
You can earn as much as 19% (T & C APPLY) interest on your investment.
• Up-front payment of interest to investor(s) on investment tenure of 2 years and above.
Investment tenure ranges from 3 months to 5years (12%-90days, 15%-180days, 18%-365days P.A)
• This investment plan is duly insured by Corner stone Insurance.

UK-DION CHILD TRUST FUND: The Uk-Dion Child Trust Fund is designed for parents and guardians who desire to secure the financial future of their children. It enables them set aside funds early enough to give their children the quality of life they dream and desire for them.
Features:
Investment tenure: 5 years.
• Minimum investment amount: N1 Million Naira
Interest rate 20% P.A.
• Minimum contribution period: 2 years (T & C APPLY)
• Account can be funded in single lump.
• Option to indicate how funds should be applied at maturity.

SMART SAVERS INVESTMENT PLAN: [/b]This investment plan is designed for salary earners and business owners who are desirous of cultivating a savings culture
Features:
• [b]Minimum investment N10, 000;

• Minimum investment tenure- 1year,
• Option to convert funds to other investment plan,
• Monthly notifications of receipt of payment via Email or Text message.
• Investors specifies target savings amount
Interest rate is 12% P.A

For more Information: visit our website: www.ukdioninvestment.com

you can also visit our Lagos office at 81, Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos or call/Chat me on +2348065210072.

We look forward to doing business with you.

This fund manager and investment is not registered by SEC

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hello beautiful people. Trying to login to my FBN mmf account and I can't get access.

Anyone experiencing same?

Any email to send complaints?

1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Apus: 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
Franky826:
Hello beautiful people. Trying to login to my FBN mmf account and I can't get access.

Anyone experiencing same?

Any email to send complaints?

Experiencing same too. I was able to login seamlessly about an hour ago. Had to try again once I saw your post.

A glitch from their end.It's nothing much to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ijeshaboy: 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please what does 2 business day mean for online subscription, i paid on thursday but not yet reflected. They said after 2 business day. ,���
Re: Mutual Funds by Maxzuel(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hello, registered with fbn and I made an initial transfer with my name n customer ID written on the narration section. Please how can I login to my account? I read they will send my login details but I haven't heard from them. I have sent series of email but no reply. Please how can help??
Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
Apus:

Experiencing same too. I was able to login seamlessly about an hour ago. Had to try again once I saw your post.

A glitch from their end.It's nothing much to worry about.

Okay thank you. Pardon me I'm a newbie on this thing cool

Modified: tried logging in now. Was successful

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ogunjyde2004(m): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
Are you looking for missing shares and dividends? hurry now let me find it for you in a week.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

The fund manager is registered but am not sure of the fund
Re: Mutual Funds by Ultimated1(m): 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Good day Sir/Ma,

We are duly registered by SEC. For more information you can visit any of our office in Portharcourt, Warri, Abuja or Lagos(81 Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos).
Re: Mutual Funds by Ultimated1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Good Day Sir/Ma,

For the sake of clarity, We are duly registered by SEC and our funds are insured by corner stone insurance. For more information i advice you visit any of our office in Portharcourt, Warri, Abuja or Lagos(@ 81 Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos) before you draw your conclusions.

Regards
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2019
Ultimated1:

Good Day Sir/Ma,

For the sake of clarity, We are duly registered by SEC and our funds are insured by corner stone insurance. For more information i advice you visit any of our office in Portharcourt, Warri, Abuja or Lagos(@ 81 Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos) before you draw your conclusions.

Regards

Is the fund registered and regulated by SEC? Will you be making regular reports to SEC concerning what you invest the funds in and the performance of fund.

BGL a very big Investment Banking firm in Nigeria had series of such funds in the past and investors lost their hard earned money.

So forget the so called insurance of the fund by Cornerstone Insurance.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2019
gwinaB:

I think you can withdraw. I withdrew all I had and they only kept about 50k since I wasn't closing the account
You mean up to 25M or 30M? Definitely some million will still be left b4 just concern if I can make a large withdrawal like that in one day.
Re: Mutual Funds by igbizen(m): 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Thanks. Take heed all
Re: Mutual Funds by amjustme2: 10:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
FBN Circular

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2019
@emmasoft I sent you a pm. Kindly respond to me please. Thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by Nasha48: 10:51am On Nov 19, 2019
I'm not spamming the thread, just looking for clients. Thanks.

Re: Mutual Funds by dapatro: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
Please can I fund my stanbic ibtc money market fund with dollars. If it's possible please can someone give me hint on how to do it
Re: Mutual Funds by Ultimated1(m): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Is the fund registered and regulated by SEC? Will you be making regular reports to SEC concerning what you invest the funds in and the performance of fund.

BGL a very big Investment Banking firm in Nigeria had series of such funds in the past and investors lost their hard earned money.

So forget the so called insurance of the fund by Cornerstone Insurance.

Hello Sir/Ma and thank you for your response. I clearly understand your concerns and I am willing to clarify your doubts.

Our funds are registered and duly regulated by SEC. We give regular reports to SEC concerning what we invest our funds into. For the clarification of doubts you can do a search on the credibility of UK-Dion Investment Portharcourt where our head office is situated. We have a water plant in Portharcourt where we produce UK-Dion table Water, we as well have a printing press to mention a few. Rest assured we have a good business model that earned us SEC certification. As for the fidelity bond insurance we have with Corner stone insurance, it is a risk mitigating plan we have put in place should there be distress and so we cannot forget about it as adviced. The same way every commercial banks in Nigeria hold insurance with NDIC, we are also mandated by our regulators to follow suit.

For further clarification;

You can visit any of our offices: Portharcourt, Warri, Abuja or Lagos(@ 81, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos). Or call/chat: Samuel:+2348065210072.

Regards
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:45am On Nov 20, 2019
Ultimated1:

Hello Sir/Ma and thank you for your response. I clearly understand your concerns and I am willing to clarify your doubts.

Our funds are registered and duly regulated by SEC. We give regular reports to SEC concerning what we invest our funds into. For the clarification of doubts you can do a search on the credibility of UK-Dion Investment Portharcourt where our head office is situated. We have a water plant in Portharcourt where we produce UK-Dion table Water, we as well have a printing press to mention a few. Rest assured we have a good business model that earned us SEC certification.

For further clarification;

You can visit any of our offices: Portharcourt, Warri, Abuja or Lagos(@ 81, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos). Or call/chat: Samuel:+2348065210072.

Regards

How can a registered fund manager by SEC be also into Water plant business?

You are to have another company entirely that will be into that.

Please share a link of registered fund manager and your registration number on the link.

Just sent a mail to SEC to confirm your claim.

Who are the promoters of the firm? I also need to know that
Re: Mutual Funds by Ultimated1(m): 8:49am On Nov 20, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

How can a registered fund manager by SEC be also into Water plant business?

You are to have another company entirely that will be into that.

Please share a link of registered fund manager and your registration number on the link.

Just sent a mail to SEC to confirm your claim.

Who are the promoters of the firm? I also need to know that

The water plant is our subsidiary organisation and it is a separate entity but should you want to know more about our business model, visit any of our office; Portharcourt, Warri, Abuja or Lagos(81, Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos). For more information about the promoters, you can visit our website: https://ukdioninvestment.com/team

I like the fact that you are taking your time to do a thorough search about the authenticity of my company, please do well to inform the house the result of your findings as to whether we are regulated by SEC or not.

As regarding the link of registered fund manager and our registration number on the link, Note that, that is in progress and as soon as our membership is duly confirmed i will be glad to oblige you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: ytdivine(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.