Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (957138 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Coolcash1: 10:54am On Feb 14, 2016
Hhansome:

Need 2 get in touch wit u 4 questions aside this topic.

Its important b4 i make mistakes, pls.

Check my profile for my email title the subject Mutual Funds with your moniker and I will revert.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:18am On Feb 16, 2016
The value and quantity of zenith bank shares that was traded yesterday is alarming, it's like investors just don't care they just keep buying this stocks, I forgot to mention am also buying too, the fact is there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the stock just that the economic situation is affecting the price that is why it  way underpriced.
   The yield on our beloved Mutual funds have fallen, it may still go lower but let's face the fact, it's not as bad as you think! Do you know some countries have adopted NEGATIVE interest rates! Unbelievable! And here we are complaining.

My friend who asked about the best fund to invest in, many before you have asked same question but the truth is that there is no precise answer to this because all mutual funds are unique in there own way, so you probably need to look at all of them and pick which one you feel more comfortable, but the truth is all of them are ok so long as the are money market funds and regulated by SEC. You may not want to deal with Capital market funds because I can sense your risk appetite is low and the equity market is not doing so well right now

cc chylo‎

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
ernie4life:
The value and quantity of zenith bank shares that was traded yesterday is alarming, it's like investors just don't care they just keep buying this stocks, I forgot to mention am also buying too, the fact is there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the stock just that the economic situation is affecting the price that is why it  way underpriced.
   The yield on our beloved Mutual funds have fallen, it may still go lower but let's face the fact, it's not as bad as you think! Do you know some countries have adopted NEGATIVE interest rates! Unbelievable! And here we are complaining.

My friend who asked about the best fund to invest in, many before you have asked same question but the truth is that there is no precise answer to this because all mutual funds are unique in there own way, so you probably need to look at all of them and pick which one you feel more comfortable, but the truth is all of them are ok so long as the are money market funds and regulated by SEC. You may not want to deal with Capital market funds because I can sense your risk appetite is low and the equity market is not doing so well right now

cc chylo‎
well written as always bro. How work ad business?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:08am On Feb 18, 2016
taiwoliu:
well written as always bro. How work ad business?

fine bro and yours?
Re: Mutual Funds by Chylo(m): 10:34am On Feb 18, 2016
ernie4life:

cc chylo‎

Thanks bro, nice tip on Zenith stock. Actually, i'm of the opinion that sometimes the best time to buy in the capital market is when there is a bullish trend, especially now that Nigeria is in a quasi-recession. Because from business cycle modelling, a new bubble may start at any time, and those who wait till then to jump in would be late, and might be entering when the money has already been made. A major recovery is certain to happen, the only question is when and how long would we have to wait for it.
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
Chylo:

Thanks bro, nice tip on Zenith stock. Actually, i'm of the opinion that sometimes the best time to buy in the capital market is when there is a bullish trend, especially now that Nigeria is in a quasi-recession. Because from business cycle modelling, a new bubble may start at any time, and those who wait till then to jump in would be late, and might be entering when the money has already been made. A major recovery is certain to happen, the only question is when and how long would we have to wait for it.

Bros you mean Bearish?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Chylo(m): 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
carpenter:

Bros you mean Bearish?

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
ernie4life:

fine bro and yours?
fine ooo, its going well.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:00am On Feb 19, 2016
investment-one VGIF is currently doing 8.2%
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 9:56am On Feb 19, 2016
ernie4life:
investment-one VGIF is currently doing 8.2%

How please?

My VGIF interest has drastically dropped
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:20am On Feb 19, 2016
ukay2:

How please?

VGIF is the only mutual fund that guarantees both interest and capital, the MINIMUM interest is based on current SDF( standard deposit Facility) which is 4% with option of a bonus interest. The minimum interest is the secure your funds should the economy get worse, but at the current yields it's obvious that the fund manager must pay bonus considering the yield is higher that the guaranteed return.

what you see on your statement is the readings on the current minimum return.
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
ukay2:

How please?

No good deals anywhere.

Infact I am thinking of selling my units in the Heritage Fund to meet expense needs. The fund is exposed to equities so it have been losing money. Again that is the beauty of some funds like VGIF...you may gain little but you would not be losing what you already gained or your capital. Fortunately, it is same story with FBN MMF but note...they did not say capital is guaranteed o! So shine your eye
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
carpenter:

No good deals anywhere.

Infact I am thinking of selling my units in the Heritage Fund to meet expense needs. The fund is exposed to equities so it have been losing money. Again that is the beauty of some funds like VGIF...you may gain little but you would not be losing what you already gained or your capital. Fortunately, it is same story with FBN MMF but note...they did not say capital is guaranteed o! So shine your eye
seems its high time i sent a message to my acct officer. no dulling
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:28am On Feb 20, 2016
taiwoliu:
seems its high time i sent a message to my acct officer. no dulling

Bro...once you find something better to put your money in, move it as long as the risk is commensurate to the reward.

No sentiments, I may be moving all I have in Heritage and Money Market eventually. Inflation @ 9.6 and investments @8.6 doesn't cut it for me. But I will be back...lol

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
carpenter:

Bro...once you find something better to put your money in, move it as long as the risk is commensurate to the reward.

No sentiments, I may be moving all I have in Heritage and Money Market eventually. Inflation @ 9.6 and investments @8.6 doesn't cut it for me. But I will be back...lol
thank you bro, I really appreciate your spot on advice.

I haven't really analysed my investments, been busy with my business lately. But thanks all the same. May God help us in this country
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
taiwoliu:
thank you bro, I really appreciate your spot on advice.

I haven't really analysed my investments, been busy with my business lately. But thanks all the same. May God help us in this country

Yeah you mentioned Agro Business some time ago.

If I had a business I was running and it needed some expansion...I would not be investing in mutual funds or shares. I would be investing in my business except for some emergency funds in mutual funds.
Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
carpenter:

Yeah you mentioned Agro Business some time ago.

If I had a business I was running and it needed some expansion...I would not be investing in mutual funds or shares. I would be investing in my business except for some emergency funds in mutual funds.
yeah, you are right.... Like I said, I haven't really sat down to think about my investments. Been busy with ensuring a deep root for the business. Contemplating whether to leave the cash in paper investment there and source fund outside for the business or just liquidate everything and pour into the business. #tyel thinking.
I'd appreciate your view on this tho.
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:37am On Feb 23, 2016
taiwoliu:
yeah, you are right.... Like I said, I haven't really sat down to think about my investments. Been busy with ensuring a deep root for the business. Contemplating whether to leave the cash in paper investment there and source fund outside for the business or just liquidate everything and pour into the business. #tyel thinking.
I'd appreciate your view on this tho.

To me, and I may be wrong since I am looking at numbers alone. However, numbers are not the only factors worth looking at.

Once you have an emergency fund somewhere, I would say put all your paper investments capital in your business. The only times it makes sense to source for funds elsewhere is (1) When you do not have the capital or (2) the capital you are sourcing is relatively cheaper than what you get from your paper investments. For example, If you are entitled to an SME loan at 6%, it makes sense to borrow and leave your money in paper investments even as it stands. However, if you would be borrowing at greater than 8.6%...it is better to liquidate your investments and put the money in your business even if you do not have all the money and still have to borrow to compliment it.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by taiwoliu(m): 7:26am On Feb 23, 2016
carpenter:

To me, and I may be wrong since I am looking at numbers alone. However, numbers are not the only factors worth looking at.

Once you have an emergency fund somewhere, I would say put all your paper investments capital in your business. The only times it makes sense to source for funds elsewhere is (1) When you do not have the capital or (2) the capital you are sourcing is relatively cheaper than what you get from your paper investments. For example, If you are entitled to an SME loan at 6%, it makes sense to borrow and leave your money in paper investments even as it stands. However, if you would be borrowing at greater than 8.6%...it is better to liquidate your investments and put the money in your business even if you do not have all the money and still have to borrow to compliment it.

this is y I can't forget this thread... . Thanks boss, you couldn't have been more appropriate.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
carpenter:

Oga carpenter, thanks for the loads of info. But i have been trying to open FBN MNF, to no avail. I tried their website and the only resource i could find was to send them a mail, which they have not replied till now. I when straight to the bank and it seems the customer service does not even know what am talking about.

In essence, HOW DO I OPEN FBN MMF?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ups01:

Oga carpenter, thanks for the loads of info. But i have been trying to open FBN MNF, to no avail. I tried their website and the only resource i could find was to send them a mail, which they have not replied till now. I when straight to the bank and it seems the customer service does not even know what am talking about.

In essence, HOW DO I OPEN FBN MMF?

Oga O! hmmmm if dem no dey return email say u wan give dem money how dem go return emails when you wan collect... grin

If you are in Nigeria, please pick up the phone and talk to them.

Also send emails to the following address channelsmgt@fbncapital.com.

If they do not reply by Friday, please send me a PM.

It is not strange to see a FirstBank branch manager that does not know about FBN Capital sef. That's the situation we find ourselves

***modified*** You can mail x.x@fbnquest"dot"com

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
carpenter:

Oga O! hmmmm if dem no dey return email say u wan give dem money how dem go return emails when you wan collect... grin

If you are in Nigeria, please pick up the phone and talk to them.

Also send emails to the following address channelsmgt@fbncapital.com.

If they do not reply by Friday, please send me a PM.

It is not strange to see a FirstBank branch manager that does not know about FBN Capital sef. That's the situation we find ourselves

Alright sir, thanks!
I will do that right away.

I also want to invest in shares how can i get your whatsapp number?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:16am On Feb 24, 2016
NittaJ:

Meanwhile I hope all is well sha.. I check my ARM MMF account regularly, and noticed that yesterday, money was deducted from my accrued interest for the quarter, instead of being added.. Which reduced the amount!

Also, their money market rates for today refused to display on their website, both on my phone and laptop when I tried to check it on their site. Hope this is nothing to be concerned about

They don't update prices everyday and maybe having technical glitches. Mail them about the deductions though...
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:23am On Feb 24, 2016
Ups01:

Alright sir, thanks!
I will do that right away.

I also want to invest in shares how can i get your whatsapp number?

I would rather you ask questions here so we can all learn from it but not a problem to give you a number. I personally do not qualify to give investment advice as I would only tell you how I would do it, that's the risk I take.

You can PM me if it is of a personal nature.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by selade(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
@carpenter I have just been informed by a staff of FBN Capital that I need to physically submit or post application forms to them and that they will not accept scanned documents for new account registration. I have successfully opened accounts with StanbicIBTC and InvestmentOne without visiting their offices. Can you confirm if this is indeed the case or do I need to talk to someone else that can help
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
selade:
@carpenter I have just been informed by a staff of FBN Capital that I need to physically submit or post application forms to them and that they will not accept scanned documents for new account registration. I have successfully opened accounts with StanbicIBTC and InvestmentOne without visiting their offices. Can you confirm if this is indeed the case or do I need to talk to someone else that can help

Wow!

That's a strange one. I was under the impression that a scanned copy should be okay. My case was different because I submitted documents to them back in 2012 and I own shares in their parent company so they have always had my signature specimen.

Try to go to their office if that is what they said.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
carpenter:

They don't update prices everyday and maybe having technical glitches. Mail them about the deductions though...

Okay. Thanks so much Carpenter!

BTW: What else can someone even invest in, considering the alarming decline of MM interest rates and all..?

It is well! Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
I need suggestion for an investment plan with guaranteed principal and interest.. Anybody please?
Re: Mutual Funds by selade(m): 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
carpenter:

Wow!

That's a strange one. I was under the impression that a scanned copy should be okay. My case was different because I submitted documents to them back in 2012 and I own shares in their parent company so they have always had my signature specimen.

Try to go to their office if that is what they said.

@ carpenter. I found it very surprising myself. I have been banking with them for well over 10 years. I have own shares in FBNH and have e-mandate with specimen signature to my First Bank account. Please can you suggest a staff that can help with new account opening. I'm not in town and not able to visit their office right now
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:26am On Feb 25, 2016
selade:

@ carpenter. I found it very surprising myself. I have been banking with them for well over 10 years. I have own shares in FBNH and have e-mandate with specimen signature to my First Bank account. Please can you suggest a staff that can help with new account opening. I'm not in town and not able to visit their office right now

Try mailing x.x@fbnquest"dot"com

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.