Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956978 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:18am On Mar 14, 2016
ernie4life:

FBN Fixed Income Fund
Invested in fixed income securities such as bonds and treasury bills

FBN Heritage Fund
Invests in equities, bonds and treasury bills

The difference in both are their asset classes

fixed income has a lower risk than the heritage because part of the funds in heritage are invested in equities

carpenter can tell you the rest

Ernie has done justice to it already.

You can read more here...http://www.fbnquest.com/asset-management/investor-resource-center

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 6:21am On Mar 14, 2016
Naijainvestor:

I think I disagree that no mutual fund does anything close to 10%, many mutual funds, especially the Bond Funds returned more than 10% last year. Again, you can use your mutual fund money for emergency as long as you have kept it past the minimum required period which ranges between 90 to 180 days.
For more information on Nigerian mutual funds visit www. mutual funds nigeria dot com( one word) or google quantitative financial analytics, when there click on any fund of interest and you will see the numbers, go to the monthly tab and you will see the month by month performance of each fund etc
Good luck

Oga Sir, are you still using last year figures to estimate for this year? MMF for instance got as high as 15%...I haven't seen anything close to 10% at the MOMENT...catch that? Although since Fixed Income is doing a little above 10%, my statement is also only true partially
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 7:06am On Mar 14, 2016
Ups01:

I would have loved to pm you but the mail i used for this nairaland acct has been blocked.

But please i would appreciate if you can please send your digits to me Lekeope @ gmail (.) com

And to the matter...

FBN customer service is lame, its difficult getting across to them
Could you please help with a contact?

What's the difference between

FBN HERITAGE & FBN Fixed income fund.

Thanks in anticipation

@Ernie4life you are not left out, please say something.

Try mailing x.x@fbnquest"dot"com

I will send you an email with a number. Watsapp only please. Cheers
Re: Mutual Funds by Naijainvestor: 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
carpenter:

Oga Sir, are you still using last year figures to estimate for this year? MMF for instance got as high as 15%...I haven't seen anything close to 10% at the MOMENT...catch that? Although since Fixed Income is doing a little above 10%, my statement is also only true partially

Agreed but you did not put a time on your earlier comment as to the time reference for the 10%, that said, it is still too early on the year, we are just in first quarter but if you can afford it you can go for FGN bonds
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Invest in ARM at your own risk
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2016
Naijainvestor:

Agreed but you did not put a time on your earlier comment as to the time reference for the 10%, that said, it is still too early on the year, we are just in first quarter but if you can afford it you can go for FGN bonds

Read it again... the same post you quoted grin
Re: Mutual Funds by elpiro: 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
masonkz:
Invest in ARM at your own risk
care to explain why? to deter prospective investors
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
MPR now 12%
better days ahead
Re: Mutual Funds by Naijainvestor: 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
ernie4life:
MPR now 12%
better days ahead

Depending on what side of the coin you are looking at, an increase in interest rate is not always a good thing. From a borrowers perspective, the increase in MPR means that lending rate will also increase which is not good for entrepreneurs. Again monetary economics posits that an increase in interest rate results to a decrease in the demand for money which in turn stymies economic growth
The good part and possibly the reason for the CBN action is that when interest rate increase inflation is expected to decrease Certeris paribus
So your response to the news depends on what side of the coin you re operating from
Re: Mutual Funds by selade(m): 6:26am On Mar 24, 2016
@carpenter, ernie4life, Naijainvestor

1. Please is there any USD/foreign currency denominated mutual funds or bonds that you recommend
2. Do you have an idea of the historical returns

Thanks in advance
Re: Mutual Funds by feelamong(m): 10:05am On Mar 24, 2016
ernie4life:
MPR now 12%
better days ahead

YEA better days for investors!

but harder days for borrowers and enterprenuers
Re: Mutual Funds by Naijainvestor: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
selade:
@carpenter, ernie4life, Naijainvestor

1. Please is there any USD/foreign currency denominated mutual funds or bonds that you recommend
2. Do you have an idea of the historical returns

Thanks in advance
There are three Euro funds (that is usd denomination) managed by FBN Capital Asset Management, they are relativery new, about 2 months old so no historical performance data or price available but it is a good sign
The funds are FBN smart beta equity fund, Fbn euro institutional and FBN euro retail funds
You can read up about it on our blog "FBN introduces diversication" and you can get information on the funds on our site mutual funds nigeria dot com (all together), click on mutual funds, click on those funds mentioned above and click on overview and you will see the documents relating to each of them
Re: Mutual Funds by onair: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
Oh yea, Carpenter, Ernie4life and others. Ther will DEFINITELY be an increase in rates on Treasury Bills and Mutual funds in the coming weeks judging by the increase in CRRatio and MPRates. I hope to see double digit rates. (10-15%).

But the dudes in the real sector investment are not smiling at all as the banks will now increase the lending rates being offered to them.
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
for those into firstbank MMF, do they give out profit every quarter or annually or its never given until u wish to close the account? the gurus plz
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
yak:
for those into firstbank MMF, do they give out profit every quarter or annually or its never given until u wish to close the account? the gurus plz

Every quarter
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
For those who have been looking for an investment in dollars http://www.fbnquest.com/docs/default-source/FUND-FACT-SHEET/february-2016-factsheet/fbn-nigeria-eurobond-(usd)-factsheet---february-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

This is particular great for those who make money in USD and keep them in the bank for nothing other than safe keeping.
Re: Mutual Funds by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:38am On Apr 19, 2016
carpenter:
For those who have been looking for an investment in dollars http://www.fbnquest.com/docs/default-source/FUND-FACT-SHEET/february-2016-factsheet/fbn-nigeria-eurobond-(usd)-factsheet---february-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

This is particular great for those who make money in USD and keep them in the bank for nothing other than safe keeping.

You are doing a great job here explaining the fbn quest thing. I'v got a question to ask tho, supposing I Invest in FBN money market fund and the minimum holding period is 30days & comments have said they pay interest quartely. If I held my Investment for 4months before pulling out, how wiill I be paid?
Will I be paid interest for the first 3months, then made to wait another 3mnths for the accrued remaining interest. And does this Involve my principal too,when pulling out my funds. Lastly what are the charges from fbn mmf , if I decide to pull out my funds before the minimum holding period? Waiting for a quick reply coz the potential sum to be invested is HUGE! I no want any "risk"

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 8:21am On Apr 20, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

You are doing a great job here explaining the fbn quest thing. I'v got a question to ask tho, supposing I Invest in FBN money market fund and the minimum holding period is 30days & comments have said they pay interest quartely. If I held my Investment for 4months before pulling out, how wiill I be paid?
Will I be paid interest for the first 3months, then made to wait another 3mnths for the accrued remaining interest. And does this Involve my principal too,when pulling out my funds. Lastly what are the charges from fbn mmf , if I decide to pull out my funds before the minimum holding period? Waiting for a quick reply coz the potential sum to be invested is HUGE! I no want any "risk"

1. Yes you got most of it except that when you get in matters! You will only get paid when payment is due which is Jan for (Oct-Nov-Dec), April for (Jan-Feb-Mar), July for (April-May-Jun), Oct for (Jul-Aug-Sep). So when you get into the fund will decide how your payment will be. If for example you get in 1st Jan, it means you get paid in April for the first 3 months, you then withdraw all your principal by April ending (considering your 4 months timing), then you get paid again in July for the funds you had with them for month (April). If however you get in say Feb 1st, you get paid for 2 (Feb and Mar) months in April, you withdraw your funds in May and in July you get the other two months (April and may). Note you can take your principal at anytime... no charges if after the holding period (1 month) and if before the holding period, a penalty of 20% of profit earned....your principal is given back to you intact.

2. I think they charge 1% but I have refused to confirm this because it doesn't matter...rates are net charges so how much any fund manager charges in this scenario is of no benefit to an investor. Note I said in this scenario. I will try and explain...if FBN says they would give 7% and charges 1%...that means they made 8%. If StanbicIBTC says they would give 7.2% and charges 5%...that means they make 12.2%. Of what benefit is the rates they charge to me when all I want is my share? I only need to go with whoever pays better regardless of the charge.

I think all the questions have been answered. All the best and thanks for the compliment...much appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:27am On Apr 20, 2016
carpenter:

1. Yes you got most of it except that when you get in matters! You will only get paid when payment is due which is Jan for (Oct-Nov-Dec), April for (Jan-Feb-Mar), July for (April-May-Jun), Oct for (Jul-Aug-Sep). So when you get into the fund will decide how your payment will be. If for example you get in 1st Jan, it means you get paid in April for the first 3 months, you then withdraw all your principal by April ending (considering your 4 months timing), then you get paid again in July for the funds you had with them for month (April). If however you get in say Feb 1st, you get paid for 2 (Feb and Mar) months in April, you withdraw your funds in May and in July you get the other two months (April and may). Note you can take your principal at anytime... no charges if after the holding period (1 month) and if before the holding period, a penalty of 20% of profit earned....your principal is given back to you intact.

2. I think they charge 1% but I have refused to confirm this because it doesn't matter...rates are net charges so how much any fund manager charges in this scenario is of no benefit to an investor. Note I said in this scenario. I will try and explain...if FBN says they would give 7% and charges 1%...that means they made 8%. If StanbicIBTC says they would give 7.2% and charges 5%...that means they make 12.2%. Of what benefit is the rates they charge to me when all I want is my share? I only need to go with whoever pays better regardless of the charge.

I think all the questions have been answered. All the best and thanks for the compliment...much appreciated.

Thanks! Yes it is 7%, records on their website for the last 3monts hovers between 7-7.8%. So long the principal is secured, I dnt have a problem. Firstbank has been offering 3% f.deposit since december, so I had to seek better option. Thnks tho

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 9:00am On Apr 20, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Thanks! Yes it is 7%, records on their website for the last 3monts hovers between 7-7.8%. So long the principal is secured, I dnt have a problem. Firstbank has been offering 3% f.deposit since december, so I had to seek better option. Thnks tho

Wow! that's worse than a savings account @30%MPR when MPR was (11%) will do better @3.3%.
Re: Mutual Funds by Chukzyfcb(m): 9:11am On Apr 20, 2016
carpenter:

Wow! that's worse than a savings account @30%MPR when MPR was (11%) will do better @3.3%.
I'm telling you, very poor. The way their rates crashed from 10.5% to 3% between Nov-december suprised me. I guess they don't need the funds sha hence the low rates.....anywayz that's bygone, MMF is the new deal.
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2016
U ARE SUCH A GENIUS BRO. I LOVE THE WAY U SIMPLIFIED THAT ANSWER. THANKS FOR ENCOURAGING ME
carpenter:

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by gboyetade: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
I invested 100,000 into Zenith funds about 10 years ago. I do not get update or notification. Please guide me on what I should do
Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
How do one go abt this fbn thng sef.
I went to 1st bank to submit my form they told me they collect such,that i shud take to their office on island.

Can't one do this online?
Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
Does any1 av an idea abt afrinvestors security ltd?
Re: Mutual Funds by PharmAlfred: 11:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
I just started reading this thread today.I want to ask which funds one can invest at least 100k for a short run (3months) with high return rates and no risk on the principal?
And when I want to cash out how much will I be charged?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:52am On Apr 25, 2016
austine4real:
Does any1 av an idea abt afrinvestors security ltd?

I don't know of afrinvestors security Ltd but I know of Afriinvest Security Ltd and yes they are well regulated
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:57am On Apr 25, 2016
gboyetade:
I invested 100,000 into Zenith funds about 10 years ago. I do not get update or notification. Please guide me on what I should do

I will recommend you go back to them to get updates of how the funds have performed all these years
Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
ernie4life:

I don't know of afrinvestors security Ltd but I know of Afriinvest Security Ltd and yes they are well regulated
bro i av signed up bt i'm a novice i dnt knw wht 2do wt my 100k can u put me 2ru?
Re: Mutual Funds by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
austine4real:
How do one go abt this fbn thng sef.
I went to 1st bank to submit my form they told me they collect such,that i shud take to their office on island.

Can't one do this online?
Yes yu can, you'll need to scan the document, yur means of identification & utility bill + your teller showing you have deposited the money. Although the firstbank in my area helped me scan and do all those things but you can do it yourself if you can't get to the island.
Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Yes yu can, you'll need to scan the document, yur means of identification & utility bill + your teller showing you have deposited the money. Although the firstbank in my area helped me scan and do all those things but you can do it yourself if you can't get to the island.
tnx i'v done that nw wht nxt?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.