Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959405 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Etimocracy(m): 9:21am On Jul 22, 2021
Please house, how long does it take for my top up to reflect on the stanbic ibtc mutual funds account. Made a top up using my e account number on the 20th

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Etimocracy:
Please house, how long does it take for my top up to reflect on the stanbic ibtc mutual funds account. Made a top up using my e account number on the 20th

Speaking generally, for most mutual fund managers, any deposit made on a non business day reflects on the next business day. 20th was a holiday so expect it to reflect today all things being equal.
However, if the deposit was made using your ATM card it takes two business days to reflect.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Etimocracy(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
emmasoft:

Speaking generally, for most mutual fund managers, any deposit made on a non business day reflects on the next business day. 20th was a holiday so expect it to reflect today all things being equal.
However, if the deposit was made using your ATM card it takes two business days to reflect.

Thanks for the prompt response
Re: Mutual Funds by ekanDamie: 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
emmasoft:
SOME SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ABACUS MONEY MARKET FUND AND VGIF

Similarities:

They are both mutual funds and Low risk investments compare to stocks
Interest is earned daily, accrued and can be reinvested.
Capital and interest are guaranteed.
Redemption for both is 72hrs or less.
Opening account for both is same method and requirements.
Both funds can be invested in for minors
Bothe products accounts can be monitored online and with app.
ACCOUNT FOR BOTH FUNDS CAN BE OPENED BY CLICKING THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE

Differences:

Abacus is money market fund while VGIF is fixed income
Rate of VGIF is benchmarked with SDF and can only change if the CBN changes SDF and will only take effect July 1st or January 1st. Rate for abacus is daily valued.
Underlying assets for Abacus are basically treasury bills and commercial papers; for VGIF it’s FGN bonds, some corporate bonds with very insignificant portion in stocks
Interest is paid twice a year for VGIF but quarterly for Abacus
Minimum withholding period for VGIF is 180days (6months) and 30 days ( 1month) for Abacus
Minimum initial deposit for VGIF is 50,000 and for Abacus is 1,000
if I have 60,000 to fix for 6 months in VGIF
And I have 10k each for 6 months on Abascus, what are my estimates gains on both platforms

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ekanDamie: 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
austine4real:
grin angry

My experience with A R M

was smooth

Fastest payout
Can you share pls, I'm interested. What kind of plan did u put funds in and how was the interest.
Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
ekanDamie:

Can you share pls, I'm interested. What kind of plan did u put funds in and how was the interest.

Money mutual funds

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
ekanDamie:
if I have 60,000 to fix for 6 months in VGIF
And I have 10k each for 6 months on Abascus, what are my estimates gains on both platforms

VGIF rate currently is 4.5% which is benchmarked with sdf.
If you fix 60,000 for six months you have a minimum of 1,350

For Abacus the rate is not static it's valued daily as at 22nd of July Abacus was 7.67%
Approximately you have about 2,300 but could be more if rates increases more that 7.67 which is more likely.

Personally I will advice you to open the two accounts now and start funding Abacus money market fund. If you don't have large funds the best is to look at long term and try to do compounding by reinvesting your quarterly interest. Little drops matters over a long period.

To start, click the link on my signature to open account. You can as well call or chat me up for more.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
Pls someone explain to me How does this mutual fund work, how much profit can an investment of just 10000 bring
Re: Mutual Funds by charlesogbonna(m): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2021
good afternoon
trust this meet you
instead of mutual FUND why not do a fixed deposit investment, with an interest rate of 8%PA
its a smart savers investment which allows you save monthly for a specific period of time
minimum investment is 10,000
Re: Mutual Funds by yazga: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2021
angry
charlesogbonna:
good afternoon
trust this meet you
instead of mutual FUND why not do a fixed deposit investment, with an interest rate of 8%PA
its a smart savers investment which allows you save monthly for a specific period of time
Re: Mutual Funds by bigtt76(f): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2021
You are taxed on your fixed deposit interest. Stick to Mutual funds. The yields are rising.

charlesogbonna:
good afternoon
trust this meet you

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2021
bigtt76:
You are taxed on your fixed deposit interest. Stick to Mutual funds. The yields are rising.

About 10%

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by bigtt76(f): 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
Yea ...withholding tax on interest

emmanuelewumi:

About 10%

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2021
bigtt76:
Yea ...withholding tax on interest

No interest on Money Market Fund

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by sircatherine45(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Send your fact sheet

I am not a fool.

I know the names of fund managers with total asset under management of N50 billion and above

Can't even find your name in Fund Managers Association of Nigeria list

Stanbic IBTC Asset Management has over N400 billion under management

FBN Quest Asset Management has over N200 billion

United Capital Asset Management has about N195 billion.

The next is ARM with about N70 billion

Chapel Hill Denham with about N60 billion

FSDH Asset Management with about N45 billion

Guys correct me if I am wrong oooo.

Being registered by SEC, don't not mean your funds are registered

good evening, is Abacus safe to invest in?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
sircatherine45:

@sircatherine45 I replied your PM but there is failure delivery the error is that your mail box is full.
You can reach me with the number on my signature.
Re: Mutual Funds by sircatherine45(m): 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
emmasoft:

@sircatherine45 I replied your PM but there is failure delivery the error is that your mail box is full.
You can reach me with the number on my signature.

I've changed my email, so you can PM me again. I've resent you a PM
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
sircatherine45:

Abacus is safe to invest in. It's a money market fund, underlying assets are mostly tbills and commercial papers, It's good for risk averse investors.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
sircatherine45:

I've changed my email, so you can PM me again. I've resent you a PM

mail sent
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:45am On Aug 13, 2021
sircatherine45:

Yes
Re: Mutual Funds by Coolmaney: 10:01am On Aug 13, 2021
Please, I want to open mmf account with with fbn quest, anybody with them should put me through.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 17, 2021
Hey guys. Please what’s the best firm with the highest mutual fund ( money market) rates? Does higher asset under management usually equal higher interest rates?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Hey guys. Please what’s the best firm with the highest mutual fund ( money market) rates? Does higher asset under management usually equal higher interest rates?

NO!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2021

High asset under management means high income for the fund manager.

According to 2020 annual report of Stanbic IBTC Asset Management, total fund under management was N870 billion.
N600 billion in mutual funds and N270 billion from private invetors, with this the company was able to generate a revenue of about N10 Billion
Re: Mutual Funds by aremso(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2021
Good day, pls what is the current rate of stanbic mutual fund yield?
Re: Mutual Funds by Chikebrain: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
Coolmaney:
Please, I want to open mmf account with with fbn quest, anybody with them should put me through.
You can download the app and register

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Peacelikeariver: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
Please who else has been having issues logging into the FBN mutual fund app. For months now I have not been able to log into my account. I have sent several emails to customer care and they keep saying they are working on it but nothing changes.
Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Peacelikeariver:
Please who else has been having issues logging into the FBN mutual fund app. For months now I have not been able to log into my account. I have sent several emails to customer care and they keep saying they are working on it but nothing changes.
Have you tried password reset?
Re: Mutual Funds by Peacelikeariver: 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Yes, they reset my password, that didn't work. I was told to delete and download the app afresh, that didn't work either. Do you use the app and can you log in?
Boyhood:

Have you tried password reset?
Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
Peacelikeariver:
Yes, they reset my password, that didn't work. I was told to delete and download the app afresh, that didn't work either. Do you use the app and can you log in?
Yes I use the app and I had similar issue of login some two months back I tried the reset which didn't work at first then I kept bombarding them with mails upon mails I even drop a DM on their Instagram page since Nigerian government don't want us to use Twitter. They responded and did the reset from their own end which worked and I was able to change password and continued login through the app normal normal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: cybertek(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.