Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959392 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Peacelikeariver: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Hmm, I hope they resolve mine soon cos it's really frustrating not being able to access one's account.
Boyhood:

Yes I use the app and I had similar issue of login some two months back I tried the reset which didn't work at first then I kept bombarding them with mails upon mails I even drop a DM on their Instagram page since Nigerian government don't want us to use Twitter. They responded and did the reset from their own end which worked and I was able to change password and continued login through the app normal normal.
Re: Mutual Funds by CallmeX: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2021
Please what is the current rate of return for Stanbic mutual fund?
Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
CallmeX:
Please what is the current rate of return for Stanbic mutual fund?

I can see 7.77% for Stanbic MMF vs 10.11% for FbnQuest MMF.

I am about to port from Stanbic MMF to FbnQ MMF. If you have any reason(s) why I shouldn’t, please speak now or forever hold your peace (don’t hold your peace, abeg talk oo lol)

7 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by bjtinz: 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
brainhack:

I can see 7.77% for Stanbic MMF vs 10.11% for FbnQuest MMF.

I am about to port from Stanbic MMF to FbnQ MMF. If you have any reason(s) why I shouldn’t, please speak now or forever hold your peace (don’t hold your peace, abeg talk oo lol)

Not my personal experience though, but based on some feedback here, it was said they don't have the best of customer service.

Perhaps others currently using them can give thier experience.
Re: Mutual Funds by brainhack(m): 12:13am On Sep 08, 2021
bjtinz:

Not my personal experience though, but based on some feedback here, it was said they don't have the best of customer service.

Perhaps others currently using them can give thier experience.

I agree with the bolded, it has more to do with their processes and TAT though. Once there are inefficiencies in their processes and TAT, there is very little customer service team can do. The blame lies with their managerial staff.

Speaking from personal experience, I opened my Stanbic IBTC MMF in 2013. The account was opened within 2/3 days. I opened FbnQ MMF in 2019, it took over a week with plenty of back and forth.

I funded my FbnQ MMF this morning, it is yet to reflect. With Stanbic MMF depending on how early I made the payment it would definitely reflect after today’s valuation run. I just hope FbnQ MMF keep to their promise of 48hrs.

I miss Stanbic MMF daily valuation (you would see your total investment increase each day) and their fast TAT, before now the rate disparity wasn’t worth the switch to FbnQ and the amount of patience I’d need with them but the 2.4% more they are offering now is enough to cover my cost of carrying patience wink

8 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by machine606: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
emmasoft:

VGIF rate currently is 4.5% which is benchmarked with sdf.
If you fix 60,000 for six months you have a minimum of 1,350

For Abacus the rate is not static it's valued daily as at 22nd of July Abacus was 7.67%
Approximately you have about 2,300 but could be more if rates increases more that 7.67 which is more likely.

Personally I will advice you to open the two accounts now and start funding Abacus money market fund. If you don't have large funds the best is to look at long term and try to do compounding by reinvesting your quarterly interest. Little drops matters over a long period.

[Strong] To start, click the link on my signature to open account. You can as well call or chat me up for more.[/Strong]
I tried opening an account for from the link in your profile- not going through.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
machine606:

I tried opening an account for from the link in your profile- not going through.

It could be network. The link is okay.
Pls reach me with my number on my signature
So that I can assist. Check your mail too. I sent you a PM.
Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 8:13am On Sep 09, 2021
I don't know if anyone will be interested in this investment platform

Re: Mutual Funds by machine606: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2021
emmasoft:

It could be network. The link is okay.
Pls reach me with my number on my signature
So that I can assist. Check your mail too. I sent you a PM.
Good day Sir,

I got your mail last night. Using the link in the mail. I went smoothly. I am waiting for the reply from review.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2021
machine606:

Good day Sir,

I got your mail last night. Using the link in the mail. I went smoothly. I am waiting for the reply from review.

Oh great! I hope you got an acknowledgment email if yes then by tomorrow you will get your account details.
If you don't mind send me a mail with your name as it's on the form, I can do a follow up as well.

Thanks for the patronage.
Re: Mutual Funds by michael18(m): 9:00am On Sep 10, 2021
Good Morning
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
No dollar Should not equate to no Investment!

Even if you can’t get dollars right now, don’t leave your cash idle without investing it.
Cash left idle loses value faster than invested cash.
You can still invest in Abacus money market fund for risk averse investors and
some good fundamental stocks if you can take risk while waiting to get dollars.
Click the link on my signature to start. Account opening is free.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ademat7(m): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
charlesogbonna:
good afternoon
trust this meet you
instead of mutual FUND why not do a fixed deposit investment, with an interest rate of 8%PA
its a smart savers investment which allows you save monthly for a specific period of time
minimum investment is 10,000
It's an investment vehicle however it's for those with big money like 5million above who just want to keep the money in a place where it won't be worthless (regular bank account)
You will be sad when you see what your return will be.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2021
Anyone here using FBN MMF?
I can't access my account for 3days now.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by charlesogbonna(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2021
we also have good products aside the one mentioned above
click on ukdioninvestment.com
Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Franky826:
Anyone here using FBN MMF?
I can't access my account for 3days now.
Same here
Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
Earn Passive Income By Investing In Real Estate Through LAND BANKING DEVELOPMENT PROJECT.

For 6 months period u get 15% as roi

35% for 12 months

The name of the company is Zylus group international
Minimum deposit is N100k
With exciting gifts
U can pm me for more details

Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
reservd:

Same here

It's working now.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:15am On Oct 23, 2021
Your Considerations

- The safety of your capital is paramount
- You are a conservative or risk averse investor
- You want good and guaranteed returns and capital
- You want investment without any restriction to amount, when, how or interval to invest
- Investment you can terminate or withdraw part from after 30 days without penalty
- Investment that you can monitor anywhere you are in the world
- An investment that has no withholding tax on your interest
- Investment that pays interest every quarter and allow compounding
- Investment that tenor is determine by the investor
- Investment where everything: registration, top up or redemption can be done online from the comfort of your home or office
- Investment that can be done for minors, or done jointly

If the above highlights are your consideration or desires then,
Abacus money market fund AMMF managed by Investment one is your best choice.

To get started and open account for free, click the link on my signature and complete the online registration form.

Requirements to open account:

1. Your passport photograph
2. ID card which can be any of national id card, NIN slip, Int’l passport, driver’s license.
3. Utility bill not older than three months which can be any of these: NEPA Bill, tenancy agreement, front page of bank account statement, NIN slip.
4. Your signature.

Note: If you are in diaspora, use your Nigerian address and utility bill which can be scan to you from Nigeria. This is done to avoid the rigors of notarization of documents having foreign addresses.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2021
Which dollar mutual fund accept dollar cash deposit,? Most of the funds accept only dollar transfer to their account.
Re: Mutual Funds by Lovelynife(m): 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2021
emmasoft:
Your Considerations

- The safety of your capital is paramount
- You are a conservative or risk averse investor
- You want good and guaranteed returns and capital
- You want investment without any restriction to amount, when, how or interval to invest
- Investment you can terminate or withdraw part from after 30 days without penalty
- Investment that you can monitor anywhere you are in the world
- An investment that has no withholding tax on your interest
- Investment that pays interest every quarter and allow compounding
- Investment that tenor is determine by the investor
- Investment where everything: registration, top up or redemption can be done online from the comfort of your home or office
- Investment that can be done for minors, or done jointly

If the above highlights are your consideration or desires then,
Abacus money market fund AMMF managed by Investment one is your best choice.

To get started and open account for free, click the link on my signature and complete the online registration form.

Requirements to open account:

1. Your passport photograph
2. ID card which can be any of national id card, NIN slip, Int’l passport, driver’s license.
3. Utility bill not older than three months which can be any of these: NEPA Bill, tenancy agreement, front page of bank account statement, NIN slip.
4. Your signature.

Note: If you are in diaspora, use your Nigerian address and utility bill which can be scan to you from Nigeria. This is done to avoid the rigors of notarization of documents having foreign addresses.
Good afternoon. Please what can you say about Opay wealth? Is it realible and what is the risk level? Thanks in anticipation for your response
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
Lovelynife:

Good afternoon. Please what can you say about Opay wealth? Is it realible and what is the risk level? Thanks in anticipation for your response

I don't work for the firm you mentioned I'm with Investment One. Professionally, I'm not in a position to say a firm is good or bad rather all investors are advised to do their due diligence before making any investment decision.

However, you can check the post Look Well before you Leap I posted last year October and repeated 18th October 2021 on the treasury bills thread for some guide when choosing an investment product/firm.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Lovelynife(m): 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
emmasoft:

I don't work for the firm you mentioned I'm with Investment One. Professionally, I'm not in a position to say a firm is good or bad rather all investors are advised to do their due diligence before making any investment decision.

However, you can check the post Look Well before you Leap I posted last year October and repeated 18th October 2021 on the treasury bills thread for some guide when choosing an investment product/firm.

Noted. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Samken2: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
Which platform is best for investing in mutual fund
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
Samken2:
Which platform is best for investing in mutual fund

Come over to investment one and subscribe to Abacus money market fund.
Open account by clicking on the link on my signature. You can do everything online.
Account opening is free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by habayommy: 7:17am On Oct 31, 2021
emmasoft:

Come over to investment one and subscribe to Abacus money market fund.
Open account by clicking on the link on my signature. You can do everything online.
Account opening is free.

What is the ROI?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
Take care of your January 2022 now.

Today is 31st of October 2021. It's exactly 61 days and we shall be in January 2022 by God's grace

Don't be caught in the usual long January thing as a result of end of year spendings.

You can start from tomorrow to keep money for your January financial support into the Abacus money market fund managed by investment one.

By January 1st 2022 you will be paid interest prorated for the two months at 7.56% or more with that your January will be well taken care of and you will be liquid as per cash.

To start, Click the link on my signature to open account for free. You need a minimum of N1,000 to start investing after your account is opened.

You can also reach me on phone if you need more clarifications.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by munezo(m): 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
Lovelynife:

People should be careful, what is Opay Wealth?

Please stick with known and regulated investment companies. InvestmentOne, FBNQuest and others.

Be careful please.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:58am On Nov 01, 2021
habayommy:

What is the ROI?

7.56% as at Friday last week and it's upward looking.

It's 7.58% today
Re: Mutual Funds by idtwo: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2021
Is this 7.56% per annum, per quarter or what? Do you have two different mutual funds? What is this VGIF you mention sometimes?

emmasoft:

7.56% as at Friday last week and it's upward looking.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:46am On Nov 01, 2021
idtwo:

Is this 7.56% per annum, per quarter or what? Do you have two different mutual funds? What is this VGIF you mention sometimes?

The 7.56% is per annum but is prorated so that u earn interest daily.
Yes they are two different forms of mutual funds. Abacus is a money market fund while vgif is in the fixed income category of mutual funds. Their operations and rates differ.

SOME SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ABACUS MONEY MARKET FUND AND VGIF

Similarities:

They are both mutual funds and Low risk investments compare to stocks
Interest is earned daily, accrued and can be reinvested.
Capital and interest are guaranteed.
Redemption for both is 72hrs or less.
Opening account for both is same method and requirements.
Both funds can be invested in for minors
Bothe products accounts can be monitored online and with app.
ACCOUNT FOR BOTH FUNDS CAN BE OPENED BY CLICKING THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE

Differences:

Abacus is money market fund while VGIF is fixed income
Rate of VGIF is benchmarked with SDF and can only change if the CBN changes SDF and will only take effect July 1st or January 1st. Rate for abacus is daily valued.
Underlying assets for Abacus are basically treasury bills and commercial papers; for VGIF it’s FGN bonds, some corporate bonds with very insignificant portion in stocks
Interest is paid twice a year for VGIF but quarterly for Abacus
Minimum withholding period for VGIF is 180days (6months) and 30 days ( 1month) for Abacus
Minimum initial deposit for VGIF is 50,000 and for Abacus is 1,000
Re: Mutual Funds by Lovelynife(m): 9:26am On Nov 02, 2021
munezo:

People should be careful, what is Opay Wealth?

Please stick with known and regulated investment companies. InvestmentOne, FBNQuest and others.

Be careful please.
I will rush to withdraw my money from Opaywealth then. Though am still enjoying it (50k and daily interest is #18). Please what is the monthly interest of vgif or Abacus using 50k as example sir. Please i will be greatful if you can help. Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: Cheunshow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.