Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Girls, Ladies: You’re Perfect The Way You Are - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls, Ladies: You’re Perfect The Way You Are (481 Views)

Ladies: You’re A Only A Girlfriend Of Convenience If You Do These 4 Things / Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. / The Guy Code (no Women, Girls, Ladies, Maidens, Or Hoes Allowed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Girls, Ladies: You’re Perfect The Way You Are by valkaka(m): 1:14am On Sep 23, 2014
Spent part of my morning watching music videos on YouTube

Meghan Trainor, Iggy Azalea, Ariana Grande

I usually don’t read the comments when I’m watching the videos, because as most of you know, when anyone can say whatever they want online, they do!, and a lot of it is more often than not silly worthless blather…

Wow! Irony smiley

The comments I read, and it was no more than a dozen comments that I read for each artist, were overall shockingly negative with more than a handful of those comments about the physical appearance of those girls.

I’ve seen in the past how cruel girls can be to each other with hateful comments, and people in general can be ridiculously insensitive with personal remarks towards and against other people; but the anonymity of the internet seems to allow certain kinds of people carte blanche to say some of the most vicious and hurtful things.

When accomplished young ladies get hyper-criticism about their physical appearance, I don’t think the biggest reason is because of the fame and success these girls are having. For hundreds, perhaps thousands of years, women and their beauty and attractiveness have always been held to very strict standards

Men have always had standards too about what physical characteristics are used to determine whether they are handsome and attractive or not. Most of us are just too lazy and clueless to know what they are or care much about what those standards are smiley Usually, though, throughout recent history, the main factor in determining a man’s worth as a man or as a person for that matter, has been his ability to provide.

So many young women, talented, intelligent, capable women being judged not by who they are, but what they look like?!; and some, perhaps many of these same young women, and many others are equating their value as a people based on how they measure up to the arbitrary standards of beauty and attractiveness.

Attractiveness is an attitude, not what you look like or what you don’t look like. If someone is critical of your appearance, best to ignore that sorry excuse for a person. If ignoring is not an option, you can say, I’m sorry your life is so empty and void of any meaning that all you can do is find false fault in me. That sounds a little more articulate then STFU smiley

But seriously, girls, women, ladies out there, you’re beautiful and perfect just the way you are. What you believe about yourself is more important than what anyone else says or thinks about you. Good family, good friends love and support you and encourage you to be the best you that you are capable of being smiley

The more you repeat something to yourself, the more likely you are to believe it! So repeat every night before going to bed, and every morning when you wake up:

“I am beautiful and perfect just the way I am!”

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Love You / Soon There Will Be No Failed Marriages / Is Love Enough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.