Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25805 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2010
April 13 Ezekiel 13v22

22. Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life.

Majority of people are driven by an 'I' factor, A selfish interest. What's my gain there? Many deceptions tap on this self drive. False prophets, teachers and pastors also take advantage of this selfishness in man: They tell man what makes him feel good, what he wants to hear.
When you want to listen to the Word of God, please be careful it is the Word of God, not just 'what I want to hear'. What you want to hear may be lies.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2010
Lies make truly righteous hearts sad, but gladdens the hearts of hell bound people. Lies strengthen the hands of sinners. Many sinners have been strengthened around us. They've being promised life. You see, that you go to a service and feel strong is nothing new as you can see, neither is it the apex of worship.
Wicked people receive strength through lies from false preachers. Be careful not to rest on feeling renewed or happy in church. Rest on God, rest on His Word, His perfect, complete Word. Don't rest on promises of life and positive confessions. My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood AND RIGHTEOUSNESS. My brother, my sister don't settle for less again.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:18pm On Apr 14, 2010
April 14 Exodus 14 v 15

15. And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:

There are countless promises in the Word of God that guarantees answers to prayer, and invites us to call on God. But even after praying with all prayer, there's still something to do. There are times when prayer becomes the right thing at the wrong time.
The children of Israel were at the Red Sea and then Moses was praying. You know what God said? That's today's passage. Suprise, suprise. Wherefore criest thou unto me? Why are you praying? Some 'spiritual' people will have said get thee behind me satan. God wants us to know that we have a little part to play in all of life. That part is to move ahead, go forward.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2010
You need to begin to make conscious progress. Going forward is a demonstration of faith. It implies then that stagnacy is faithlessness. Look at your life. Are you making progress, are you moving ahead? Is there any spiritual growth, any improvement in your health records, any extra ordinary, any more holiness, any greater righteousness?
Today, you're free to go forward. Forget the challenges and look up, fix your eyes on Jesus and move forward. Testimony is your right this day.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2010
April 15 Psalm 15v2

2. He that walketh uprightly and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

There's nothing as good as freedom, real freedom. Even Jesus emphasized the need for real freedom. He talked about being free indeed. We know the difference, the satisfaction, the accomplishment among those who have a house of their own compared to those who pay rent.
We see it among those who have a 'developed' country's passport or resident permit and those who are visitors. Some visitors travel and travel and travel just to create a good impression, hoping for a permanent stay.
It's a similar thing that the Psalmist is talking about in Today's chapter. Everybody will go to heaven, we must all appear before God's judgement seat. But not all will be given a resident visa.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:02am On Apr 16, 2010
Not all will be allowed to abide or dwell. So we need to know the requirements if we want to abide. The requirement include righteousness, being upright and truthful. These are scarce qualities in our days. But when you really want to, you can have it.
He that worketh righteousness. Get up and work. You want a resident visa in Heaven, work for it. Work righteousness. Righteousness is not just in the mouth, or in quoting some Bible verse. Righteousness is action evident in all you do. Start to work righteousness and speak the truth. Remember, liars have no business in Heaven.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2010
April 16 Matthew 16v6

6. Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

It is good to hear of, and to see Christians coming out of places of worship where the Word of God is not preached, and then seeking for places of worship where the Word of God is preached.
There are many churches where all/most they do is activity (singing, dancing, prophecy, drama, entertainment, even prayer), no/little preaching. For this, it's sometimes intriguing to see a place where preaching is done. But Jesus is saying Today, Beware, take heed of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees. It means that its not enough to preach, it's important to know what is being preached.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2010
Not all doctrine is good doctrine. Infact, many doctrines are of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees, false doctrine. Beware. Test the spirits, search the scriptures whether those things are so.
Disciples of Christ need to be careful. You don't have the right to listen to every preacher simply because you are born again. Friend, you can still be led astray, be careful. Not every book is profitable, not every proposition is relevant. Making/noting points do not take us to Heaven, the just shall live by faith. Be watchful and prayerful, be sober. You will overcome in Jesus' name. Amen
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
April 19 Acts 19v2

2. He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, we have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Here in Ephesus, we find a set of believers who did not know. It has been said that knowledge is power. These disciples were fit for heaven yet they had not heard whether there was any Holy Ghost. These people were in position but not in experience.
Many people are in position but not in experience. They are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus but are still living below in bondage of sin and of the kingdom of darkness. But from Today, God wants us to grow into our position.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
God wants us to experience our position. This is the joy of being in Christ, we're to bear fruits. You know, a fruit can be of a good tree, perfect, but not useful or edible. The fruit needs to grow into ripeness and perfection.
Unripeness and perfection is of little benefit. When the fruit experiences ripeness through growth, it has turned its position into experience. Today, you can come to your position. You can be holy, righteous, children of God WITHOUT rebuke, perfect, and furnished. Desire to experience the position. There is room for you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2010
April 20 Psalm 20v7

7. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

Remembering God is faith, because we do not see God. We can see chariots, we can see horses. Fortunately, we can have chariots and we can have horses. Unfortunately, some tend to forget God, who is invisible, when they see chariots and horses.
Chariots look strong and dependable, but the fact remains that almost every army has chariots and horses. And we know that almost every army experiences defeat. Really, it is a feat for an army to remain unbeaten. The point is that the chariots and horses can be and have been defeated.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2010
If you wish to live an undefeatable life, you need to remember God. It takes your will, your freewill to choose for yourself. But we will remember the name of the Lord our God. This name is a strong tower. Let's begin to remember this wonderful name for our safety.
We live in a dangerous, insecure world. But we will remember our God and His name. Make sure that God is your God today. Come to Him in repentance. It is the righteous that runs to Him and is safe.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
April 21 Ezekiel 21v27

27. I will overturn, overturn, overturn it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.

Someone once said "I believe God to be the more real than my Father who I see". It can get that strong. It is in the same vein that we say "Jesus' coming to reign is most sure than Israel having a king".
Israel asked for a king in the day of prophet Samuel. They got Saul and then David and so on till the captivity, remember? Since then, Israel has not had a king again. There's only ONE king left to rule. This is our Today's passage. The U.N, did I say the U.N? The whole world cannot come united to successfully give Israel a king.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
God has overturned it. The diadem has being removed, the crown is taken off until he come. Jesus is coming to reign. It is His right. Prepare, o ye saints of God for we shall reign with Him, if we suffer with Him. Now we may suffer ridicule, temptations and doubts, scorning and perplexity. But lift up your heads, Look up, the king is coming. God will give Him the throne of David, it is His right and no one else's.
How awesome God is, from Ezekiel 21 to Christ's second coming, and forever more. The Word of God stands. His love can never fail. Hold on to Him, we will see the king.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2010
April 22 Genesis 22v9

9. And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

Today's passage is vital lesson to every member of the body of Christ. It re-echoes enduring to the end. Press forward for the mark. There is no relapsing, this world is not the believers' home. There is no looking/turning back, whatever good you might have achieved, keep on to the end. The end is the most important, may we realise this in Jesus' name.
Abraham and his team came to the place which God had told him of. They did not stop at that, may you not stop at that. You know, people build on past obedience and experience. Obedience is of God, continual, non-stop. It has an eternal quality. Don't stop obeying, move on. Abraham built an altar there. Let's not say 'I have tried'. Let's not obey partially but fully.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2010
Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order. Let all things be done decently and in order. All things! There is prescribed ORDER for us to follow in ALL things, in the scriptures. You know what Abraham did next after all these? He bound the sacrifice. All your obedience and order/doctrine will amount to nothing if you do not bound the sacrifice.
Binding the sacrifice is consecration. Do something with your will, put your body under, submit your will. We thank God for the sacrifice and its quality, but you must bind this sacrifice. Consecration and commitment. I pray the Lord to open our eyes and hearts to this.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2010
April 23 Numbers 23v20

20. Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed: and I cannot reverse it.

God bless you! What a prayer often thrown into the air. If you know what it means for God to bless a person, you will seek after it more than they seek after gold and crude oil. You will pursue after it more than naira and dollar.
Do you know it's not that hard to get the blessings of God? You need to be skilled, certified among other things to get gold and crude oil from the earth. You don't pluck money on the tree. All you need to get God's blessings is to meet the pre-requisite. Draw near to God. Don't wait for Him to draw you. You need Him more than He offer you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2010
By the way, He has already drawn you. We are waiting for you. When you meet this conditions, there is a command issued from the highest throne. It is a command to bless. I have received commandment to bless. You are blessed in Jesus' name. I bless your life, I bless your family, I bless your future.
I'm in partnership with God for He has blessed. We are agreed, no witch can reverse your blessing. No relative can stop it, no enemy can halt it. It's all in your hands. You are blessed.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2010
April 25 Psalm 24v10

10. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah

There are popular people in the world today. Men in vogue, needing no introduction. Some people's names are more popular than some countries. How intriguing then that the owner of heaven and earth is not that popular. Yet, He is the King of glory. He has dominion, lordship and possession over glory and praise.
Of His Son, it is said that He was in the world and the world knew Him not. Of His children, it is reported that the world does not know them. Of Him, it is asked 'who is this King of glory?' Definitely He needs an introduction.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2010
What a privilege we have, to introduce Him to others (His creatures). When last did you, or have you ever introduced Him to anyone? Can you not recollect one?
Many people think that He needs no introduction. But thank God for the Psalmist, a man after God's heart. He introduced the Lord. The King of glory is the Lord of hosts. Jehovah God is the King. Satan is not the King, money is not the King, pastor is not, I am not, you are not the King, your job or career is not. Oh! Let your kingdom come, King of glory. My Father and your Father, the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty and Ancient of Days. He is the King of glory.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2010
April 29 Proverbs 28v5

5. Evil men understand not judgement: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.

Ever had to teach or speak to others on a very convenient/familiar topic? You may then have noticed the 'enthralled' gaze of some. You should also notice that their captivation was not necessarily a function of their age, gender, tribe or education.
They can be older than you, more educated or experienced than you, could even be a colleague who is supposed to be on the same level with you. But the crux is that he did not previously know what you just taught, or he just heard it spoken in a new dimension. No man knows all. It is pride that makes people argue as if they know all.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2010
I noticed that evil men/unsaved people, unbelievers usually do not understand God and His ways. They do not understand the judgement of God. This is truth and fact. They think that they do, they are quick to dismiss it as unfair, wrong, even evil. God's Word is saying evil men understand not judgement. This is their default position, and seeing how a typical man hates(is lazy to) change, majority of them remain that way, without understanding.
But thank God, they that seek the Lord understand all things. It doesn't say those that are born again or even those that are spirit-filled. Precious things are usually hidden. Explore, seek the Lord. On every single situation you do not understand, seek the Lord. He that seeketh findeth. You'll find in Jesus' name.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2010
May 4 Romans 4v21

21. And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Our days are days of stupendous increase in knowledge, though it's ironic that we've become more unsure of life itself. We are not sure if new research tomorrow will make nonsense of today's findings. We are not sure of our health, we are not sure of our wealth. The economy is unstable/not sure. We are not sure of what new disease might be in whose body. The unbeliever is not sure, the believer suprisingly, is not sure too.
As children of Father Abraham, we want to be like him, fully persuaded. Being a Father of faith is not a title, he lived faith. He knew the God he served.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:07am On May 04, 2010
Abraham knew that God was able. Do you know that God is able? Are you persuaded, fully persuaded that God is able also to do what he has promised?
God has promised eternal life, do you believe it? God has promised power and grace for us to live like sons of God, sinless, in holiness all the days of our life, do you believe this? God has promised an end of this world and eternal punishment for sinners, are you fully persuaded of these things? Or are you 'seated on the fence'?
Get fully persuaded. See God's standards, requirements and promises, and get CONVINCED now. This is very righteousness!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2010
May 6 Revelation 6v17

17. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Today was 'hurriedly' declared a public holiday in my dear country. I was a little amused when one of my colleagues told me that she was going to work. Work for and with who? Well, the long story is that she's back from work already this morning.
It does not matter if you work for the government or not, the decisions affect you. It's an even bigger event with the great day of God. God is good, God is love, His mercies endure forever and ever but note. Please, note, there is the great day of God's wrath. That day is coming. And it is going to affect everybody.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2010
The question is 'who shall be able to stand?' Because, it's not a day the atheist will ignore. It's not a day the satanist can protest. No union, no activist, no organisation can stand on that day.
Today, people may stand and say all sort of rubbish. Today is the day of grace and mercy. Do not wait for the great day of God's wrath before you change your ways. It's not going to be funny for sinners and unbelievers. Repent and turn to Jesus today. You can still turn today. Yes, you can.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2010
May 13 Acts 13v1

1. Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Today's passage presents different lessons to us but we'll focus on just one part. The part is on Manaen which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch .
How cogent, how solemn a lesson that we should make do of what we have. Manaen was among the prophets and teachers of God, Herod was busy with hanging John the baptist, and other such acrimonies.
Cases have always been presented that believers are only Christians because of their background, or because of the availability of gospel preachers around them, or because God just wants it so. This is no excuse to remain unsaved.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2010
May 13 Acts 13v1

1. Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Today's passage presents different lessons to us but we'll focus on just one part. The part is on Manaen which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch .
How cogent, how solemn a lesson that we should make do of what we have. Manaen was among the prophets and teachers of God, Herod was busy with hanging John the baptist, and other such acrimonies.
Cases have always been presented that believers are only Christians because of their background, or because of the availability of gospel preachers around them, or because God just wants it so. This is no excuse to remain unsaved.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2010
Every man, EVERY man gets a fair opportunity to choose life or death. Manaen had been brought up with Herod, Manaen chose life. Samuel grew up with Hophni. Hophni became a thief,Samuel became prophet, priest and judge. Jacob and Esau were much closer, they were brothers. Esau sold his birthright, Jacob followed Jehovah. Lot was closest to his wife. They were husband and wife, great background, having Sara and Abram for models. Lot became the righteous Lot, Lot's wife looked back. Cain and Abel were brothers, Cain chose murder, righteous Abel being dead yet speaketh.
Moses had been brought up with Pharaoh. One became an eternal tyrant, one was the meekest man in the earth. Joseph received the same home training with Reuben. Reuben slept with his father's wife, Joseph would not touch Potiphar's. And on and on we may go. Again you've heard the gospel, what have you done with this Jesus? You have no excuse on judgement day. Repent!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:51am On Jun 09, 2010
June 9         Acts9 v 5 5. And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.    The Bible is very plain about the position of the church i.e the children of God. The Bible says that the church is the Body of Christ. Many times, it seems we forget that literally. The church is the Body of Christ and Christ is the Head.    If we're kind and generous to the body, then we're automatically kind and generous to Christ. But if we're stringent and stingy towards the church, then we're automatically stingy and stringent towards Christ. It's become popular to hear people say, " the church (the Body of Christ) has enough already, let me give my resources to outsiders". Such a person is simply saying,'that's too much for Christ's Body, let me take care of some other Body'.    It's the exact thing too when you abuse, insult, or look down on a child of God. You're doing it to Jesus. Mocking christians, saying evil concerning them, and discrediting them, all amount to persecuting Jesus Himself. That's what Jesus was telling Saul in Today's passage. It is not going to favour the ' Sauls of this world' in the end. Don't fight against God. Take it easy. It is a hard thing for you to kick against thorns.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
June 17 Acts 17v1

1. Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews.

Today, you'll come across many who claim to be christians, but who do not fellowship with other christians. Many have their well rehearsed reasons, but we need to learn from the Bible saints. These things are written for us. So many 'christians' would go on holiday for weeks and days, and will not worship simply because their church is not there.
Some would even go to school or serve as corps members in another state or region for months and years, and will not step into church once, but NOT Paul, NOT Jesus. These saints also lived amongst hypocrites, perverse people and whatever name you deem fit, yet they still worshipped. It was their manner, their hobby and purpose.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
Let's borrow a leaf from them. But as we borrow, we need to observe as well that they didn't just go to the synagogue and compromise, no. They didn't go in to fight or pick quarrels either. They went in preaching Christ, the good news, not isolating themselves. Also, we should see that they went to the synagogue of the Jews. They went to a place having a semblance or root in God, not the temple of Diana, or Ashtaroth or Baal. Today, it's not a call to worship anywhere, anyhow. It's a call to the spirit of worship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

PASTOR O.O ABEL SERMON ON WONDERS OF ELEVENTH (11TH) HOUR / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter / Daddy Freeze: Illuminati Is Better Than Most Nigerian Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.