Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25686 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:48am On Aug 05, 2010
Repentance is a turning away from satan unto God. It is a birth and conversion from God that makes us not of the flesh but of the Spirit. The characteristics of the Spirit born are some of their fruits.
Bring forth these fruits, let others see it. Let's see your love for God and righteousness. You cannot claim repentance and be pampering yourself in unrighteousness(lying, fornication, adultery, anger, unclean thoughts, selfishness). Let us see your fruit of gentleness and a teachable spirit (meekness), unwilling to argue and express an opinion. Bring forth your fruit of self control; in what you take in, say out and put on. Let's see your faithfulness; to your word, to your wife, your husband and God. Do all diligence, start now to bring forth fruits.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2010
August 6 John 6v66

66. From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with Him.

Jesus is a personality that draws many. If there is anything close to Jesus somewhere, real or fake, there's bound to be many trooping in and around. Multitudes need Him and desire to be around Him.
But Today's passage talks of a time when 'many went back and walked no more with Him'. What! How can somebody walk no more with Jesus! I mean, this is He who is crowned with the oil of gladness, meek and lowly, in whose presence is fulness of joy and storms cease. More shocking may be the calibre of people who went back. His disciples, nay, many of His disciples. These are His followers, who want to be like Him. Lord I want to be like Jesus set of people!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
It may have been better if said that 'many of the Pharisees went back and walked no more with Him'. Or many of the Saducees, or the lawyers, or the people. But it is many of the disciples, His disciples.
We ought to give the more earnest heed then. Let's give all diligence. Let us hold on to Him for He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. Let's make up our mind, through rough and smooth, thick and thin, either majestically or being dragged, I want to get to Heaven. I want to see Jesus. I want to follow Him and walk more with Him, no more till I die but forever and ever and then evermore. Do you? It takes commitment and prayer. Pray today, just spare it two minutes, and bind the sacrifice with cords unto the horns of the altar.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2010
August 8 Hebrews 8v10

10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people.

You may have heard so much about the difference between the old testament and the new testament. You probably have even spoken about the distinction and the dispensation of the old testament and the new testament. It is common knowledge that we are in the period of the new testament.
The new testament is the new covenant. It is this covenant that is spoken of in our Today's passage. It is the promised covenant and a better testament than the old. What makes it better? There is the answer that we often miss. Everybody can spurt out 'we are not under the law but under grace'. That sentence means exactly that we are not under the old covenant/testament but under the new covenant/testament.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2010
And this is the covenant that God promised, to put His laws into our mind and write them in our hearts. In other words, it is not a lawless covenant. Contrary to popular demand/opinion, God's laws have not changed or expired. He has only chosen a better method, the method of writing it on the tables of our hearts and not on stone.
In the old covenant, God's laws were merely on stones and on the hand and on door posts and gates, but in the new testament, there is more efficient 'technology' coupled with grace. It is in mind and hearts!
But as Moses was told to bring the stone tablets, you need/must bring your hearts(consecration and commitment). It took some 40 days in the time of Moses. How long have you ever set apart in prayers for the handwriting of God. Pardon me, how long are you going to set apart to have God's laws in your heart? Give all diligence, ask today for the fulfillment of this great promise.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2010
August 15 Psalm 15v4

4. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

We are looking at the qualifications and attributes for human beings to enter Heaven. Who will dwell in Thy holy hill? Yes, Heaven is a holy place. Many people want Heaven but not holiness. Heaven is a holy hill where a holy God dwells. If you cannot manage holiness for the little time/years here on earth, how are you going to cope for eternity in Heaven where holy is another word for oxygen.
The holy person is godly, why, holiness is a character of God. A holy person despises, hates, looks down on a vile person. A vile person's vile actions are repulsive, distasteful, not to be desired, and again vile. Unfortunately, there are many professing christians today whose stars, role models are sinners, homosexuals, adulterers, effeminates, abominable people.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2010
They love them for they are popular and rich. They are on tv! and on the newspapers and magazines. We now sing their songs if they are musicians. We now dress like and talk like them and follow them if they are in the movie industry. But for those who like David, are after God's heart, who want to make it on the narrow way to Heaven, in whose eyes a vile person is despised . This is the light and truth, the Word which is able to save.
He honours and respects those that fear God, not primarily because they are rich or handsome or popular but because they FEAR God. He that swears to his own hurt and changes not! Think about that! This swearing happens in many weddings, church and court. There's the promise, vow, and pledge to cleave and love till death do you part, irrespective of conditions. The newest couples still did that yesterday in churches all over the earth.
But it is openly taught now that you may change if its to your hurt. Courts, committees and clergy are today permitting and even clamourini for He that swears to his own hurt to change. Heaven is only here on earth for such. But heaven and earth will pass away, these words of God will abide and will judge us.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
August 17 Psalms 17v3

3. Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Little by little, the idea has crept into church and into christians that you cannot know a child of God. Some are even of the idea that you cannot know for sure if you are a child of God. Some say that God has already written some names somewhere and we are just hoping to be among the 'lucky winners'. They say "nobody knows the way, we are all serving God, only God knows who is serving Him".
Have you ever heard that, no, said that, or even, preached that? It is not a thought from the Word of God. The Psalmist was bold, he seems to have had more grace and boldness than many 'spirit-filled', holy ghost crasy christains of our new testament times. He told God, "You will find nothing!", talk about boldness. Jesus, on the same lines, said the devil comes and finds nothing. Little wonder He's the Son of David.
Can you say it conveniently and confidently that if you were to be searched, nothing wrong will be found with or in you? That is purity, a sanctified life.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2010
You see God came unexpectedly to David, He visited him in the night and tried him. But we have people today who even if they were given time and venue before visit, will still helplessly declare sin all over. You will hear "we are all sinners, there is none that doeth good, all our righteousness are filthy rags, nobody is or can be perfect". But from Today, we want a renewing of our minds. It takes ALL diligence. 'I am purposed', no transgression.
You know James, he said, "if any man offends/transgresses not in word/mouth, the same is a PERFECT man, and able also to bridle the whole body". I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress . I'm surprised at the way people class themselves with prophet king David, saying "David was a sinner like me, infact He was the worst sinner, only that he was quick to accept his sins and that's why God loved him". I think David was light years ahead of many in our generation. May God take us there.
Do all diligence, be purposed like David and Daniel, add to your faith.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
August 18 Psalm 18v2

2. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

I so much love the portion of Scriptures which says let your moderation be known unto all men. Temperance is a fruit of the Spirit that should be coveted. Many believers lack temperance. They are either too forward or too backward/behind, too deep or too shallow, too serious or too frivolous, too zealous or too careless. Some's faith in God is so overblown that they think God will do everything for them, I wonder sometimes that they never wait for God to cook their food. To them, there's nothing we should or can do of any significance, infact to try is a stink. Some others' faith is so absent you wonder how come they are believers.
There are many whose fear of God is bloated you'll think joy is another name for sin. On the other hand, others have no fear of God as they have taken grace to mean lasciviousness.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
It is a smooth balance that we have in scriptures and that the patriachs/saints of old demonstated. It's these balance that some infer to be contradiction in the Word. All this things will easily neutralize when we see God as our all, our everything.
In Today's passage, God is everything, all the world to me. THERE is/goes the relationship. Jehovah is my rock, my high tower. Some people in the other religion especially will nearly vomit if they heard that. But that is love, relationship with God. My fortress, my buckler and horn. The Psalmist was a man of war, he had all these mentioned physicially and knew what they represented. Yet to him, God was all in all, the foundation and source of all. This is the trust that God wants us to have in Him. For Him to be our all, our strength, our account, our car, our economy, our vision and television, our future and present, our investment, our alpha and omega, our everything. May God bring us nearer to Him till we experience true relationship.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2010
August 19 Proverbs 19v 16

Pro 19:16 He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die.
It is wonderful to be born-again, but most wonderful to keep that life which we have received. Believers have the life of God, eternal life. Just as natural life is not limited to naming ceremony and birth certificate, so also the spiritual life doesn’t dwell on basics. We need to grow. Let us go on to perfection.
The Life we have is such that if we remain in one spot, we may not notice our failings, being eternal life. Yet, God’s plan is growth, that ye may grow thereby. Our natural life is so short that we may quickly/easily notice failings. Within two/three years of birth, there are things we expect from a child. We may start to worry if the child is not talking, or hearing, or even eating. A farmer would become concerned if his plant/animal as not growing as expected within months/weeks. Even so, our lives as Christians is eternal and God is expecting us to grow.
It is in growth that we may keep our soul. A sure sign of growth is keeping God’s commands. You are not growing if you are not keeping the commandment. For what would it profit a man if he gained the whole world and lose his own soul? He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul. Whatever you may gain on earth; healing, promotion, answers to prayerS, dominion, favour, money, whatsoever, you will lose in the ultimate scheme of things except you keep the commandment.
The commandment is God’s commandment, not all commandments (there are men’s commandment). God’s Word is God’s commandment, Genesis to Revelation. Many are erroneously led to believe that being under grace permits disobedience to God’s commandment. Grace gives us power to keep God’s commandments, this is what the law dispensation was weak to achieve. The Psalmist speaks of the angels that do God’s commandments. Even the Son Himself does the Father’s commandment. Let us come boldly before the throne of grace, and give all diligence to keep the commandment. For he that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul. You will not die, you will live and declare the works of God. Amen.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2010
August 20 Luke 20v35

35. But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage.

Jesus says His words are truth and life. They are light to our way and Today's passage shines bright on us, reminding us that believers are not of this world. True christians are pilgrims not settlers in this world. They are them of whom this world is not worthy. God would not will that we should be failures on earth but He doesn't want us to settle for less.
There are many mansions in Heaven. If it were not so, Jesus would have said it. How much do you long for this true home? Heaven is not here on earth, although we can enjoy the days of heaven on earth. We have a promise to inherit, it is the promise of that world. Jesus told Pilate "my kingdom is not of this world". Not of this world!, but of that world. It is that world which the prophets say 'abide forever'. I want to obtain that world.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
Jesus talked about they which SHALL BE accounted worthy to obtain. God has not written some predestinated list somewhere. He's not a rigging chairman, He is the Just God. There are they which SHALL BE accounted worthy. Strive to be part of those, if you aren't yet. Don't dwell on negatives. I've seen people who just stay hopelessly crying 'pharaoh pharaoh'. Don't be a pharaoh. You too can fulfill positive prophecy. You can be saved. Only believe.
You can be accounted worthy to obtain. Run to obtain, says God through Paul the apostle. I am determined to run. You too can run. Run until you are accounted worthy. There is an account God is keeping. Some people just spend up all the grace. Theirs is always a withdrawal from the grace account, never anything significant to contribute. They are but flesh, of this world. But those that are of the Spirit, of that world, they'll be fruitful and flourishing. God, make me fruitful and flourishing in Jesus' name.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2010
August 21 1Kings 21v29

29 Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son's days will I bring the evil upon his house.

I do not fully comprehend the grace of God, who does? How can, how will God forgive after a terrible life, even an anti-God life? But He does forgive. God forgives the sinfulest. Paul was a sinner, big sinner. Peter was a sinner, unworthy sinner. God forgave them both, and they became integral instruments in God's hands.
Today, God is still saying, 'Though your sins be as scarlet (i.e your slate/report is so stained it's all red), He wants to make that slate white as snow, all clean. He wants to press the reset button for you.
You see, king Ahab was a very bad man, and would still be as we found out later. But God's mercy still shined out through to him. Ahab was wicked, he actually role himself to work wickedness and did very abominably. He was the worst sinful-est king that Israel ever had. Yet when Ahab humbled himself, God had mercy on him.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2010
You may sin all you can today but while it is still called 'Today', if you'll humble yourself, God still wants to forgive you. He is not mighty for nothing, He is mighty to save. He wants to save you from evil. He is willing that all will repent and accept Him as God. He hates pride and hates sin, disobedience. He loves you.
If Ahab can humble himself, you can. Humble yourself before God and He will lift you up. Today, He wants to lift you up, if you will lift Him up. Do all diligence to lift Him up right now.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2010
August 23 Ezekiel 22v26

26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Today, there are fakes of almost everything. Even the original may get corrupted, that is the system we live in. In the spiritual also, there are fakes, counterfeits and corrupted. There are fake teachers, false prophets apostles and pastors. The major problem now is that the fake seems more, in quantity, than the original. This is a real problem because it leads to distrust, perhaps even of the whole system.
Take for instance, many are aware that there's fake currency of a certain denomination. But the people aren't that bothered because the original is more than the fake. But if the fake were abundant, people will be more bothered. Buying electronics or clothing in some part of the world is done with ease even though fake exists. But if on the other case, you go to parts of the world/country where there are so many fake, even the original may be grouped with the fake in our eyes.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2010
There are so many fake, false spiritual leaders today. It is good that we should discern that. Discernment is not discrimination. Many take two wrong extremes; some will not discern at all but say "we are the same, all roads lead to God/Heaven". Some on the other hand will discriminate and even destroy the whole. But God would have us to discern. He has not left us without guides, indices, pointers, guages, traits and trails.
False leaders violate the law of God, they count it obsolete and useless. They put no difference between the holy and the unholy, they just group everything together. They say "they are all the same, we are all sinners, nobody holy pass". They do not show, tell, explain the difference between the unclean and the clean. They have shunned God's purpose and goal for His children which is rest (Matthew 11v28).
God wants us to discern who leads us, so that we're not led astray.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2010
August 25 Psalm 25v13

13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Horatio G Spafford's famous 'It is well with my soul' brings to mind the picture of peace, true peace. A peace that brings good cheer in tribulation, a peace that begets all joy in diverse temptations. Peace is not just a lack of problems but a certainty and a seeing beyond the present problem.
God has promised His children peace, his soul shall dwell at ease. It's a peace that the world cannot give and that it cannot take away. It's the peace that prophet Daniel had when king Darius could not sleep. It is a fruit of the Spirit i.e it is for the spiritual, those that are born of God (born-again).
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2010
This peace is not just confidence, for this peace surpasses understanding. It is not carelessness or a carefree attitude, for it is from God who urges us to watch and be sober. This peace comes when we receive the promise, his soul shall dwell at ease. It comes by meditation, faith and prayer. I'll add that this is the only peace that comes through fear, the fear of God.
This peace will bring us to our inheritance, for his seed shall inherit the earth. The bigger picture is in view here, it's a panoramic view. The meek shall inherit the earth, it's looking beyond just this earth but to the earth, that earth, the new earth which will be unshakeable. You see it is not a peace that makes you confident about going to hell, it is a peace that leads to the promised land. It is a promise that you must diligently claim and not stop till you get it. You will get it.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2010
September 11 1Chronicles 11v1

1. Then all Israel gathered themselves to David unto Hebron, saying, Behold, we are thy bone and thy flesh.

Marriage is honourable in all. Marriage involves a joining, synergy. God loves synergy, unity, partnership. God always seeks partnership with us. He says "come let us reason together". I think that's mind-blowing. God says let's rub minds.
Think about great minds, they say 'they think alike'. The greatness of God's mind is greater than the combining of many great minds that we can think of. And to imagine that we are privileged, summoned, drawn to reason together with God, awesome stuff. It is because of God's love for us, to have us united with Him. It is the picture that is portrayed in our Today's passage: the people of Israel became the same bone and flesh with their king David, just as in Eden. It was a sort of marriage, a communication more than flesh alone.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2010
All Israel gathered themselves to David, yet not all Israel in the fleshly sense of grammar. And the stringing together of their desire was "Behold, we are thy bone and thy flesh". In the same way, we all will be gathered together to the Son of David as the bone of His bones, and flesh of His flesh. All the Israel of God. It is this unity of the Spirit that is needed, desired. It is described as holding the Head. You don't want to be holding anywhere else firmly. Christ only. In our actions, in our decisions, what would Jesus do, for we truly are His bone and His flesh.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2010
September 12 John 12 v 36
John 12:36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Languages may vary and upbringings may differ, even as worldviews may oppose but all over the world, people understand what it means to take advantage of opportunity. Opportunity is a universal language. It is important to man's prosperity to take up opportunities. To be fruitful, to have dominion, there's need to be on the look out and not miss opportunities.
Man is not created to slack, he is created in the nature of God. The Word of God tells us that God is not slack. People who are slack cannot get the best out of life. This is what Jesus is saying in Today's passage. While you have light, believe in the light. It's actually up to you. In another scripture, it says 'while it is called Today'. Some people think that they can serve God later. Many think that they can believe on Jesus later. Friend, you can never tell tomorrow. In years' time, you may not be able/disposed to believe the gospel as you can now.
Believe now! While the light is shining. You may be on the forum, and there are people ready to explain things to you, believe now. It may not continue like that forever. You may never get a dying bed to repent on. Believe in the light that you may be children of the light, quite straightforward. The onus is on you, not on God. Some people are waiting to understand the whole Bible before they believe, nobody does! Believe while you have the light. The messages you hear today, you may never hear them again. Grab the opportunity. There's only one life to live. Believe in the light. You may never know, Jesus may hide Himself. Today! believe in the light. Jesus is the light. He lights up the darkness. Believe in the light.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2010
September 13 Romans 13v6

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

God does not like defaulters. We live in a time when defaulters are considered by their peers to be smart. They say "that's a sharp guy", "very smart woman". This wisdom is not from God, but is devilish.
The wisdom of God says "pay ye tribute also". The early church disciples obeyed the laws of the society in which they lived as long as it didn't oppose God's laws. We should take the same stand. Learn to pay your dues and taxes regularly.
Many people try to justify why they're not paying tax, or one bill or the other. But the Just One, the Just God is telling us in Today's passage, "Pay ye tribute also". Why? What is the major reason? Is it because the government is doing their work well? No! The major reason is because they are Ministers of God. Just like the reverends and pastors, apostles and evangelists, they are God's ministers. So for God's sake, start to pay your tax. Like a popular saying, 'Do your best and , '
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2010
September 15 Psalm 15v5

5 He that putteth not out his money to interest, Nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

Heaven is God's holy hill, nothing unholy can enter there. There are two destinations for all humans, Heaven or Hell. Heaven is the better option. It is the place where God is, and His holy angels. There's no pain in heaven, no night there, no darkness, no cloud, no sickness, no sadness. All evil belong in hell, a place of punishment. Heaven is a place of reward, it is not for everybody. If you've ever been at an awards event, you'll notice that not everybody gets awards: some are nominated, some are not, some do all the clapping, some do the presenting.
Heaven is prepared for the elect, the qualified, qualified by the blood of Jesus. Good news is that anyone, whosoever believes [/b]can be qualified. But it takes a 'want to', a desire, a running not as uncertainly, a purpose of heart, with ALL diligence. Heaven is not a lottery, it takes a [b]certain running, a defined path, just like in our Today's passage. In Today's passage and chapter, we have the path to Heaven.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2010
Anyone who wants to live with God has to be godly. God is life, you must possess eternal life. And the proof of that life is brotherly love. For he that loveth not his brother abideth in death. It is by our love for our brother that we know we're on the right path. Love for our brother will not allow us to lend to him with interest/usury. You couldn't. This is blood, this is spirit and these agree in one! It supersedes business school ideas. Love covers, it underrates yield sense. It gets us to Heaven. He that putteth not out his money to usury. You wouldn't lend to your brother with interest/profit in view.
You wouldn't take reward against the innocent. Reward may not only be money, it may be praise, acceptance, regard. You wouldn't do anything against the innocent but support him.
If you'll do all these things, the Word of God says, 'you will never be moved.' NEVER. You know, there are people who think that whatever you may do, God has already written some names and nothing can get you in that precious list. Well, the Word of God is above our thoughts, He says "he will never be moved." He's on merit list. His name is in the book of life, and no virus can erase it. But the condition, is that, HE DOES THESE THINGS. God's grace is sufficient to do these things, and we'll come boldly before that throne of grace, and get grace for the place prepared for us.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
September 27 Leviticus 27v33
33. He must not pick out
the good from the bad or
make any substitution. If he
does make a substitution,
both the animal and its
substitute become holy
and cannot be redeemed.

In human parlance, we say change is the only thing that is constant, but in the spiritual realm, we have a God that does not change. This is the reason why we are alive today with eternal life. And we need to keep ourselves in that Life and Love.
God has always desired a purpose of heart, determination, commitment to His service. God desires that whatever we have given Him be His without competition. He is displeased at drawing back. When we commit our lives to God (Christ), He doesn't expect us to look back or search whether it is good or bad! Paul captures it saying "I conferred not with flesh and blood."
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2010
"Neither shall he change it, it is holy". Just like the tithe is holy, seperate to God, we are more than tithes before God. We are to be holy. No looking back, no discouragement or thoughts of backsliding. It is eternal life signed under an eternal covenant. This attitude of commitment is what keeps us fit for the kingdom of God. Earnestly contending for the faith, not doing anything against the truth. This is the will of God. His ways are different from and above our ways. We do need to pray for grace to walk in His ways.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
October 1 Acts 1v6

6. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

The disciples of Jesus had a personal relationship with Jesus. They had known God, heard the parables and teachings of Jesus firsthand, seen the life of Christ, witnessed Christ's crucifixion death and resurrection, and had been partakers of the ministry. Now that's some spiritual achievement. But through all these, we see in our Today's passage, their patriotism and undying love for their nation.
They were not rulers, they had no ulterior motives, all they wanted was restoration, release and rest for their country. Today, we observe that some people have become detached from their country, they don't care. They are 'on their own'. At least, now they are earning good money, so who gives a care what happens to or in the country? What do I need the news for? except it will move my business forward. These ought not so to be, brethren.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
True disciples of Jesus love their fatherland. People after God's heart, like David, show concern, pray for and prefer their motherland above their highest joy. When last did you pray for your country? No, i'm not asking about when your church organised something for, i'm asking about you personally. When last? Have you ever asked of Him of the restoration of the kingdom?
Today, we celebrate Nigeria's independence. Join us. You don't have to be into politics or have a benefit, an inroad into the 'national cake'. Your country should be, nay, must be peculiar to you. Show some patriotism. Happy Independence Day.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
October 2 Zechariah 2v 5,8

Zec 2:5 For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

Zec 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

The apple or pupil of the eye is a delicate part of the human body. You do not play with that one. Actually, there's even some protection for the apple by 'reflex' i.e involuntarily. The apple is the position of a child of God to God. Children of God are the apple of God's eye. He loves us so very much. The Word of God says He is our shield, He protects us. It's exciting.
Actually in Today's passage, this message is delivered with excitement and urgency. The messenger was commanded to Run and say it. this is what God would have His children to know. Do not be in doubt about it. god says he will be a wall of fire around you. the computer software people talk of firewall protection, well this is the author of the desire. God's people are firewalled.
Sometimes, we forget it and we go into disable mode. but Today, your freedom has come.The messenger is to run and speak, for God is your firewall round about you and the glory in the midst. Well, think about Abide in me and i in you. There is the condition right there. God wants you to abide in Him and He in you. to do what? To be your firewall and the glory.
And after the glory of the Lord,oh my oh my, enemies are in big trouble. Defence becomes attack. God is not only a shield but the Lord of hosts. sent to the nations which spoiled you! If you are a child of God, this jubilee year, i pity your enemies. Just be praying that they repent and be saved, because they are touching the wrong kid (the apple of His eye). There is no need to fear. Is God not the pillar that holds your life? Don't you believe it? Are you just singing it? He (God) will hold you, keep you and fight for you. You are the apple of God's eye. No man, no devil, no counsel, no weapon can prosper against you for you are with God and for God. You have overcome them. praise the Lord.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:04am On Oct 05, 2010
October 4 1Corinthians 3v3

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

You must have heard of 'the fall of man'. Yes, the FALL. The fall refers to man's demotion from where God initially placed him, from his state of goodness, perfection and strength. Unfortunately, people have taken the low level of man to be standard. But God's standard is unchanging. God was speaking to the believers in Today's passage, and He told them that they were walking like men.
Because of our fallen nature, many of us may be surprised to hear that. And we're like "how else are we supposed to walk?" There you are, you need renew[b]ing[/b] of mind, to understand the mind and plan of God.
God has saved us and made us peculiar , giving us power . He has given us ALL things, even His Son. Why? Is it for us to just boast and say it with our mouth, or for us to work some miracles? No and no again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. / Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo / Is Abuse An Acceptable Reason For Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.