Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,372 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25714 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2008
December 24 Proverbs 24v15,16,20
15. Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place:
16. For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
20. For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

We all come across challenges once in a while. The truth is we're living in the world,not in heaven.Everything is not always rosy. Thats why we come out victors,champions,overcomers,winners. The Bible is clear as regards this. It is not a shock or a new thing if tough times come. It is how we react to it that matters more. Motivators and charismatic talkers make a lot of money and talk out of the issue of overcoming. Our passage tells the wicked not to wait near the dwelling,resting place,point of success of a righteous person. Don't waste your time thinking of capitalising. The righteous should always recover. No matter the loss or disappointment,the just man may fall seven times but he rises again. That is the default position/setting. He rises again. No cowering in shame,no giving up. He is of God,having the greater One in him. He rises up again. It is the candle of the wicked that will be put out. Are you wicked or unrighteous?there is no reward for the evil/wicked. Stay with the righteous. Be an overcomer.
Readers please permit to wish everyone of you&every nairalander Season's Greetings.God bless you
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2008
December 24 Proverbs 24v15,16,20
15. Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place:
16. For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
20. For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

We all come across challenges once in a while. The truth is we're living in the world,not in heaven.Everything is not always rosy. Thats why we come out victors,champions,overcomers,winners. The Bible is clear as regards this. It is not a shock or a new thing if tough times come. It is how we react to it that matters more. Motivators and charismatic talkers make a lot of money and talk out of the issue of overcoming. Our passage tells the wicked not to wait near the dwelling,resting place,point of success of a righteous person. Don't waste your time thinking of capitalising. The righteous should always recover. No matter the loss or disappointment,the just man may fall seven times but he rises again. That is the default position/setting. He rises again. No cowering in shame,no giving up. He is of God,having the greater One in him. He rises up again. It is the candle of the wicked that will be put out. Are you wicked or unrighteous?there is no reward for the evil/wicked. Stay with the righteous. Be an overcomer.
Readers please permit to wish everyone of you&every nairalander Season's Greetings.God bless you
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2008
December 25 Proverbs 25v23
23. The north wind driveth away rain: so doth an angry countenance a backbiting tongue.

There's a 'silent' disagreement among men as regards what the 25th day of December represents. Some say Jesus was born on the 25th,some say He was not. Even those that believe he was born on the 25th are 'silently' disagreed on how the day should be observed. But whatever side you're on,the more important thing is that Jesus truly came from heaven to earth sometime ago and died and resurrected for you and me. That's belief.That's faith. There's a 'silent' disagreement among men on verse 23,our Today's passage. For example,many believe that the original reads 'the north wind bringeth forth rain,so does a backbiting tongue an angry countenance' Also,many believe that in reality, 'the north wind drives away rain,so also an angry countenance drives away a backbiting tongue. Who is right?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2008
December 25 Proverbs 25v23
23. The north wind driveth away rain: so doth an angry countenance a backbiting tongue.

There's a 'silent' disagreement among men as regards what the 25th day of December represents. Some say Jesus was born on the 25th,some say He was not. Even those that believe he was born on the 25th are 'silently' disagreed on how the day should be observed. But whatever side you're on,the more important thing is that Jesus truly came from heaven to earth sometime ago and died and resurrected for you and me. That's belief.That's faith. There's a 'silent' disagreement among men on verse 23,our Today's passage. For example,many believe that the original reads 'the north wind bringeth forth rain,so does a backbiting tongue an angry countenance' Also,many believe that in reality, 'the north wind drives away rain,so also an angry countenance drives away a backbiting tongue. Who is right? Well,the beautiful thing and the more important thing is that the two lessons are true. A backbiting tongue will bring anger along with it.The hearer will get angry,the 'backbiter' will get angry.Everybody will get angry with each other. On the other hand as well,have you observed that an angry look also drives away a backbiting tongue? If you're not inviting,they'll keep quiet or speak of some other thing. Whatever your stand, doctrine or belief, always remember the one thing that is needful.Don't chase shadows. Follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52am On Dec 27, 2008
December 26  2 Peter 1:19

"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19)

In this important passage, Peter explains the ultimate source of his writings. He did not merely repeat cunningly devised fables when he taught majestic things about the Lord Jesus Christ, but was himself an "eyewitness" of His glory and personally heard the very voice of God on the Mount of Transfiguration (v. 16-18). The three chosen disciples witnessed His prophesied glory and heard God speak of Christ's pleasing Sonship. There could be no doubt of God's special plan for His Son. As eyewitnesses, they bore the onus of bearing witness to the facts.

http://www.icr.org/article/more-sure-word/
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:00pm On Dec 27, 2008
Thanks OLAADEGBU for the living word above.rightly stated,the Bible is a more sure word of prophecy. As the passage says, it is like/as unto a light that shines in a dark world.Our world is totall dark and filled with unreasonable people.God is challenging us that we(you) that have obtained like precious faith like the one the disciples obtained,we christians should give heed to the Bible than any other thing in the world.most definitely,It's a more sure Word.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2008
December 27 Job 27:8
8. For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?

There's a nigerian proverb that says something like 'a child who has never been to another farm will think his father's farm is the biggest in the world'.How true! Do you know there are some people who'll feel very lucky if they could make one hundred (100) naira in a day? There are some who are hoping that they could just get a job that could pay 10000naira o,There're some graduates who would kill to be paid a hundred thousand (100000)naira monthly. Yet,there're some people in the land who count a 100million naira too small to renovate their house. Of course you must know that some individuals exist, who would become depressed or think of suicide if they made 'JUST' 12million DOLLARS net profit in a month. It goes on and on. So what would it profit a man if he gained the whole world?Do your estimates. How would you feel if you gained the whole world? And yet,in Christ's estimation,it appears to be a loss if you gained trillions and hexallions and lost your one own soul. What is the hope of a hypocrite, though he has gained, when God takes away his soul? Don't be hypocritical but sincere, what do you weigh in God's scale?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2008
December 28  Revelation 14:6-7

"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." (Revelation 14:6-7)

When the Lord Jesus returned to heaven after His resurrection, He left the disciples with the Great Commission to "preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). Unfortunately, over the centuries, there has developed much misunderstanding concerning the content of the gospel ("good tidings"wink and many have preached "another gospel" (Galatians 1:6) which can never save. This false gospel wears many faces, but inevitably, at its heart will be found the false hope of evolutionary humanism, glorifying man instead of God, worshipping and serving the creature more than the Creator (Romans 1:25).

http://www.icr.org/article/everlasting-gospel/

Click on the hyperlink above to access the whole devotional on Rev.14:6-7
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2008
For those of you who looked forward to yesterday's post,please accept my sincere apologies.how is the season going with you?

December 29 Proverbs 29:7
7. The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.

In the new testament, we read something like 'although I GIVE my good things to feed the poor and GIVE my body to be burned and do not have love, I gain nothing.' Have you ever read that and wondered,so what is love?
Talking about the poor and the masses,and the suffering people is cheap,very cheap. Even a Judas Iscariot can talk about the poor.Giving! O anybody can give. If there's strong motive and hope of reward,there may be good,strong giving. Do you know how much money some men give to girls,their daughter's mate with the ulterior motive of sex? Do you know how much money people give out as bribe and even to poor communities so that they can get cheap popularity,the praise of men,some national merit award and some political position? Do you know how much giving will reduce in church if others around did not see it or if it'll not be announced? Love should accompany care for the poor. That is righteousness.According to our Today's passage,The righteous considers the cause of the poor.It is the wicked that does not care.It touches the righteous. He is GENUINELY concerned. It is his business.Not because he'll be coming out for elections soon.but because of love. How much pity do you have for others less privileged than you are? Do you regard to know it?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2008
December 30 1Samuel 30:4
4. Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.

Do you know David? Sorry I mean king David. One of Israel's greatest kings.The son of Jesse, the father of Solomon the wise king. Ascendant of Jesus Christ. A very popular man. The Psalmist,the sweet psalmist of Israel,he has so many titles. When you remember the Prophet David,what you remember or picture is positive, dancing, spirit filled, anointed, prosperous, mighty David. He slew Goliath,famous story. If you're looking for a mentor,a role model, David is not a bad choice. We're talking about a man after God's heart. The one who is said to have written the world famous Psalm23. But it may never enter your wildest and widest imaginations, that David at any point in time,was ever at/in the state of our Today's passage. David lifted up his voice (not mere silent sobs) and wept until there was NO MORE POWER TO WEEP. What! I have to agree here that the downfall of a man is not the end of his life. If such a man,who has wept till he had no more power to weep, can later rise to such prominence, then there is hope for you. I don't think you've ever being so down in life. If David rose,you can rise and you will rise. There is light ahead,there is joy tomorrow. What step are you on the ladder, what height/depth are you at,you can rise like king David. Encourage yourself in God, there is hope for a person like you, wonderfully made.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2008
December 31 Proverbs 31:26
26. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

As we come to the close of the year,our Today's rhema focuses on our females (girls and women). As they say 'ladies first', so our first gender focused rhema is to the females. Of course,no knowledge is lost/waste so the males can catch something as well. To be a better woman from today and in the coming year,here are some tips. Open your mouth with wisdom. The statistics people say that the females talk more than the males. If that is true,it means you need more wisdom to talk.
Get a transformed tongue from God.A tongue that has the law of kindness operating. Such a tongue has authority with God. She commands kindness. She dictates good things to her circumstances. Remember,life is in the power of the tongue. Speak life to the coming year,speak life to your marriage, speak wisdom,kindness and life to your LIFE. Have a BLESSED new year.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2009
January 1 Genesis 1:1
1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

which song should I sing first.I am saying thank you Jesus thank you my Lord,
I am saying thank you Jesus thank you my Lord.
As we say, new year new beginning. Fresh page, new chance. Its wonderful to see a new year. 2009. Splendid.Thank you Jesus. It's a year of promises. Salaries are been reviewed as a fresh year begins. People are packing into their new houses.some are launching their new clothes. Some couples are reviving their dead relationships. Who will be the first to get the first miracle of the year. The first promotion call. The first testimony. It will happen to you too.Wonderful.
In the beginning God. Begin this year with God the creator.Continue the year with God your creator,make up your mind to finish this year with God. He will create new things in your life. You will know it.People will know it. You'll rejoice. Your life will glorify God,Your light will so shine. The glory of the Lord will rise upon you. You're favoured already. A Happy New Year to you especially.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2009

As we say, new year new beginning. Fresh page, new chance. Its wonderful to see a new year. 2009. Splendid.Thank you Jesus. It's a year of promises. Salaries are been reviewed as a fresh year begins. People are packing into their new houses.some are launching their new clothes. Some couples are reviving their dead relationships. Who will be the first to get the first miracle of the year. The first promotion call. The first testimony. It will happen to you too.Wonderful.
In the beginning God. Begin this year with God the creator.Continue the year with God your creator,make up your mind to finish this year with God. He will create new things in your life. You will know it.People will know it. You'll rejoice. Your life will glorify God,Your light will so shine. The glory of the Lord will rise upon you. You're favoured already. A Happy New Year to you especially.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:49pm On Jan 01, 2009

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2009
January 2 1Corinthians 2:11
11. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
How can a dog fly? How can a bird bark?How can a fish survive on trees,how can a monkey survive in the ocean?How can a lion book its food,how can a man have the kind/size of teeth of lions.They are different.In different 'realms'.Even a man does not know what another man is thinking.How then can he know what God is thinking. The things of God knoweth NO MAN/ONE except the Spirit of God.No matter how intellectually gifted,no matter how many committees and research teams are raised,NO MAN can understand/have knowledge of the things of God except the Spirit of God.This is why it is important to read the Word of God with His HOLY Spirit dwelling in you and teaching you.If only our learning friends would open their hearts to Jesus,he'ld come in with the Spirit of God and make God's words and ways come alive to you.It's more than all the struggles of greek/aramaic/hebrew dictionaries,It's more than preferred bible versions.It's more than concordance,my pastor's exposition,commentaries and indepth diligent study by masters of languages.Yes all these help,they're but just aids.The essence is the Spirit.Except a man be born of the Spirit,he CANNOT see the kingdom of God,not to talk of entering. Get spiritual.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2009
January 3 John3:16
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If only we knew God and then compared Him to our known earth/world.We would understand the height of God's love.Just to know how big God is.The Scriptures compare the world to His footstool.Another scripture compares the earth to SMALL dust and a VERY little thing.But yet God so loved us(the world).how considerate.How many of you will consider something so little,tiny,insignificant as small dust. Yet God so loved the world.He demonstrated that love by commiting Himself.He gave His Son,His representation,that whosoever believes in Him should not perish.It's that simple.The rest WILL perish but WHOSOEVER believes will not perish.What an excellent privilege.Take advantage.Why would you die/perish when you could have everlasting life.what pride is that?The rare truth is that it doesn't cost God anything if you perish.Take advantage of Love so amazing. No one is ever driven/forced to paradise.It's all on you,your willing feet.Choose life my friend.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2009
January 4 1Peter 4:14
14. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the Spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
Have you ever seen or heard of a hero?You don't get that kind of appellation by eating noodles. Its a title of greatness.Gotten in situations of bravery and uncommon determination. Real christians are heroes.The Bible says Yes,all that will live godly in Christ will suffer persecution.That is not speculation or probability,that is fact and truth. If you say you're a christian living with this world and you're not facing some persecution,then sorry,you're not godly enough.Your light is not shining enough as commanded by Jesus (let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works). They should see it.They may not commend it or like it but they have to see it.And when you're reproached for it,you're blessed.
Reproach is not always about stoning,crucifixion,beheading,martyrdom or imprisonment as many imagine.It could be ridicule,rejection,abuse,hatred or ostracism.
Now,anybody can be reproached.A criminal can be reproached,a politician can be reproached,even sporting athletes but if ye be reproached for the name of Christ.Because you serve Jesus,because you're keeping his commandments. The Spirit of glory and of God that rested on Jesus at his baptism in the river Jordan,that same Spirit rests on you. You are a hero.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2009
January 5 2Corinthians 5:7
7. (For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley
Faith! If you believe,you'll see the glory of God.Only believe.Walking by faith and not by sight i.e living by faith and not just on visible things.That is the best way to live.God never fails to plan the best things for us.Walking by faith,you can laugh at all things.Walking by faith will shut the devil out.Smith Wigglesworth once shared testimony of a lady who came to a meeting in Lancashire,England to be healed of goitre.She got up and testified that she'd been wonderfully healed.The following year,at the next convention,she came again to testify.By sight,it looked as if the goitre was just as big as ever but she went home happier and testifying more strongly that God had healed her.The third year,she was at the convention again.By/At sight,some people said how big the goitre had become.She came up again to testify of how God healed her goitre two years ago.That day,someone challenged her that people would think something was wrong with her & that she should look into the glass.
Then she prayed that God should show the people that He had healed her as He had shown her.She slept peacefully that day and woke up the following morning without a trace or mark of that goitre. For we walk by faith and not by sight.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2009
January 6 Nehemiah6v11-13
11. And I said, should such a man as I flee? and who is there,that,being as I am,would go into the temple to save his life? I will not go in.
12. And,lo,I perceived that God had not sent him;but that he pronounced his prophecy against me: for Tobiah and Sanballat had hired him.
13. Therefore was he hired,that I should be afraid,and do so,and sin,and that they might have matter for an evil report,that they might reproach me.

Children of Jehovah God are the most privileged specie ever.The righteous by default,are as bold as a lion.Nehemiah was truly a champion. He walked in the steps of his predecessors.The likes of Joshua and Caleb,Samson and David.He was bold for the cause of his God and his people.His enemies had earlier sent an unreasonable message of fear to him,he rebuffed it.They now sent a 'reasonable' message of fear to him,an 'advice'. He was to go into the temple to hide.But he knew better.If only we know better today,the devil will be greatly ashamed.Nehemiah said 'I will not go in'.Should such a man as I flee?A child of God,having the abiding presence of Christ.Having the Word of God and of power,right in the mouth.KNOWING that the evil bow before the good.'I WILL NOT GO IN'.Satan will not chase you in.Resist the devil,and he will FLEE from you.v13 considers fear as sin.Never give in to fear.The Lord,mighty in battle,the God of hosts is by you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2009
January 7 John 7:38
38. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
The number of Christians in the world today is very large.The unfortunate thing is that a greater percentage of this number can be described as 'wishy-washy'. A wishy-washy person doesn't have well established or clear ideas and looks unable to decide what he wants.That is the state/situation of many christians today.Unstable as water.What is popularly called 'bread and butter christians'.They're not grounded firm and deep in the faith.If problems should arise or their faith be questioned or put under scrutiny,they waver because they were never grounded,wishy-washy. But Jesus expects that anyone that believes on Him should have rivers of water flowing from his belly.He's refering to the Holy Ghost.The power of God available for every believer. That is the plan,that is the expectation.Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?It's in you. It's the plan.RIVERS of living water should flow through you as a believer.Sit up and get established in the faith.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2009
January 8 Proverbs 8:36
36. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death. NIV

It would be ludicrous for anybody to say he hates water. Although water could cause grief,it could sink a ship,it could carry away a friend that was careless at the beach.It could flood your property,but still it will be ludicrous to get angry with water. Can you fight water,can you do without water? Plain NO. The same thing goes for oxygen.If you block your nose to stop oxygen from coming in,you love death.You're undoing your self.These are necessities of life.You hate them,you wrong your soul. The same thing goes for God.If you hate Him or deny Him,you will suffer for it. To function at maximum,you need God. Our passage today is talking about wisdom. Wisdom is key. Wisdom is vital. If you hate wisdom/fail to find wisdom/sin against wisdom, you destroy your own soul. You suffer yourself.Lack of common sense is deadly. Wisdom is necessary for your life. Get wisdom and get understanding. The fear of God is the start of wisdom.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by twftextra(m): 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2009
I really appreciate image123 for your consistency, God bless you, I will be starting something similar to your very soon, I will keep you updated, God bless.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by twftextra(m): 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2009
I really appreciate image123 for your consistency, God bless you, I will be starting something similar to yours very soon, I will keep you updated, God bless.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2009
@stwftextra
thanks for your appreciation,prayer and blessings.I must say its being God's grace.i look forward to the similar thread.we need more light in this dark world.more of God's witnesses and instruments to help all to see Jesus.when you,OLAADEGBU,others and I continue as much as possible on a daily basis,the church will be edified and Jesus will be glorified.God bless you too
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2009
January 9 Hebrews 9v26
26. For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. KJV

This verse is saying something to us. It is telling us that what the priests did from year to year,Christ Jesus did perfectly once and 'for all'. 'He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. '. That was His chief purpose.That was why He appeared. He appeared to put away sin. Some people thought Jesus appeared to restore the kingdom to Israel.Some thought he appeared to be providing food for multitudes.Some thought He appeared to form/start a religion.Some thought He appeared so that they could have more power and gifts and money like Simon the sorcerer of Samaria thought. But He appeared to put away sin. That is Scripture. If Jesus has not put away sin in your life,His purpose of coming has not being fulfilled in you. You may be enjoying other benefits of His coming. You may be celebrating christmas,enjoying health,even answers to prayers,promotion etc. But make sure His main purpose of coming is fulfilled in you from Today. He appeared, to put away sin, by the sacrifice of Himself.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:46am On Jan 10, 2009
January 10 1Corinthians 10:1-4
1. I want you to know brethren,that our fathers were all under the cloud,and all passed through the sea,
2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3. and all ate the same supernatural food
4. and all drank the same supernatural drink.For they drank from the supernatural Rock which followed them,and the Rock was Christ.
RSV
We live in a time when christians should be aware of their spiritual pedigree.It's sad to see many professing christians today,living like orphans with no past or history.Some even deliberately cut themselves off.They say "I have nothing to do with the OLD testament,I have nothing to do with the present church,I'm on my own".That's not godly.God encourages fellowship all throughout the Scriptures.The Psalmist says God sets the solitary in families.The passage above was written 1stly TO Corinthians (non Jews) but notice that the Jewish writer calls them brethren in verse1.In the KJV,it reads 'I would not that ye should be ignorant'.You need to know.You need to be affiliated.
Refering to the Jews(Israelites) who went from Egypt to Canaan under Moses,he said all OUR fathers.Then he begins to list some of their experiences telling us that they drank and ate from the same spiritual Rock as we presently do.He says that Rock was/is Christ.Believers are one body/family with the Old testament children of God.Their lives and books have effect and great relevance to us today. I would not that ye be ignorant.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2009
January 11 John 11v4,5
4. When Jesus heard that,he said, This sickness is not unto death,but for the glory of God,that the Son of God might be glorifed thereby.
5. Now Jesus loved Martha,and her sister,and Lazarus.

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth and song:
As the burdens press and the cares distress,
And the way grows weary and long?

O yes,He cares,I know He cares
His heart is touched with my grief:
When the days are weary,the long nights dreary,
I know my Saviour cares.

Whatever your situation at the moment.No matter how down or weak or poor you may feel.Whatever the sickness or the report,whatever your request,I'm happy to tell you that Jesus has heard you. When Jesus heard that,He said, This sickness is not unto death,but for the glory of God,that the Son of God might be glorified thereby. Put your trust in God, Jesus loves YOU.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2009
January 12      Hebrews 12:1
1. Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight,and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Have you noticed that people do things differently when they're alone as compared to when there are some people around as compared to when a multitude is around? Take for instance singing or playing alone,singing or playing before ten people,singing or playing before 10,000. In anything that is done,there's usually a marked difference.
Today,many live their lives as if they're alone.They are like "at least nobody is here,even the ones here approve of what I'm doing". But our Today's passage sees it differently.At EVERY point,we're surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses.When you think you're alone,or just two.When you think 'who will know'. When the place is dark and when the place is bright.We are compassed about with witnesses,SO great a cloud of witnesses.They're taking note.Whether you're doing good or evil.Whether you're faithful or unfaithful.They're there. Witnesses.Let's live every moment of life with the awareness of witnesses.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:41am On Jan 13, 2009
January 13 Acts 13v7
7. Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.

The Bible says 'all OUR righteousness are like filthy pair'.Seek God and HIS righteousness.That is where Life is.That is the Original. Sergius Paulus was a good man.He was better than many people today. He was a prudent man,an intelligent fellow,a sensible person.He wasn't more intelligent than necessary.You see,some people are too intelligent to believe God,but not Sergius Paulus.He wouldn't take such unnecessary risks. He called for Barnabas and Saul.Think about that.That's a prudent man.If Paul&Barnabas would not go to SergiusPaulus,SergiusPaulus would call for Barnabas&Paul. Some people today are too rich,too knowledgeable,even too religious to listen to real men of God.They wouldn't hear the word of Life even if they were invited.They'll prefer to hear what they want to hear,but not Sergius Paulus.He DESIRED to hear the Word of God. This man's qualifications beat many hands down already.Yet,he was not yet born again. The major lesson is that it's not enough to be intelligent,or to call for real men of God,or to desire to hear the word of God. It's not enough to love your pastor or holy bishops around and to buy their messages. Are YOU saved? Are you doing more than Sergius Paulus?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On Jan 13, 2009
Sergius Paulus was not only humble but also wise enough to discern and to seek for help when he needed enlightenment on the Word of God.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2009
@OLAADEGBU
How I pray that the likes of Sergius Paulus could increase in the world,in our country and on nairaland.The likes of Barjesus would reduce and others would be drawn to the Lord.Even so,come Lord Jesus
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2009
January 14 Psalm 14:2
2. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

Every parent has a level of expectation for their children.No matter how rich or poor the parent might be.No matter how close or seperate the parent and the children may be.There's still this level of desire.This level of expectation from/for the children.Even a dying parent has some expectation for their children.A dying mother at childbirth is seen giving last wishes(expectations) for her baby.How much more the living parent. There's desire that the child choose a good course,marry a good spouse,have children,not fall sick,do well in school,excel in career etc. God also desires/expects something from the children of men. He's looking for any that understands and seeks God. Some religious people today preach that God cannot be understood.Some say God cannot be sought for,that only God can seek for you and that He already has a list of people who He will seek for.No,GOD wants us to understand Him.He gives us His Son,so that we can understand Him.He gives us His Holy Spirit,so that we can understand Him.He wants us to seek Him.Seek the Lord while He may be found.Let's fulfill His joy.Let's seek Him.Seek and ye shall find.Let's understand Him.Only believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Easter Youth Camp: Youths From Around The World Join / Nigerian Pastor And His Wife Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.