Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25711 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2010
Some people think that old testament commands are more difficult than the new testament's. Paul not only obeyed but told others also "Sirs, be of good cheer, for I believe God". What! Believe God? There was a storm, the Bible records that all hope was taken away in this storm. I ask you reader, what have you faced? An angel just appeared to Paul, an angel! What followed later was some soldiers' counsel to kill all the prisoners including Paul. The christian journey is not all a bed of roses as some imagine it to be.
God helped Paul, they escaped the storm, and here is Paul offering community service, gathering sticks. 276 people plus the barbarians, and the best hands a viper saw was Paul's. But he overcame, and thank God in all these things, you too can, will overcome. Because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. You will thread upon the lion and the adder. You will be set on high. You will be delivered. You are honoured. You will boldly say 'God is my helper'. There shall no evil befall you. You are more excellent, more than conquerors. You are an overcomes, the child of God. You have the VICTORY. You will finish your course. NOTHING shall by any means hurt you. You can say it again to the devil's hearing and for anyone who cares to know. Where the word of a king is, there is power.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2010
December 30                 Acts 28v3

3. And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

Paul the apostle was not a conqueror. Far from it, he was more than a conqueror. Talk about being plucked out of the fire.
Most times, we see and remember the ministry, the healings, the preachings, of course the writings, the apostolic signs. But we tend to forget the man, the labours, the stripes, the journeyings, perils, weariness, painfulness, the hunger and the cold. That was the life of Paul, that was his light affliction.
  Paul was not a 'fast food, cafeteria' christian. Here was a man that the Lord Jesus appeared to and said "Be of good cheer". Of good cheer? The very next day, certain Jews bound themselves under a curse to neither eat nor drink until they had killed Paul. How can there be, any good in a cheer when for the next two years, Paul was left bound because He would not give a bribe. He was so innocent, yet he couldn.t be released. But he obeyed the command.
Some people think that old testament commands are more difficult than the new testament's. Paul not only obeyed but told others also "Sirs, be of good cheer, for I believe God". What! Believe God? There was a storm, the Bible records that all hope was taken away in this storm. I ask you reader, what have you faced? An angel just appeared to Paul, an angel! What followed later was some soldiers' counsel to kill all the prisoners including Paul. The christian journey is not all a bed of roses as some imagine it to be.
God helped Paul, they escaped the storm, and here is Paul offering community service, gathering sticks. 276 people plus the barbarians, and the best hands a viper saw was Paul's. But he overcame, and thank God in all these things, you too can, will overcome. Because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. You will thread upon the lion and the adder. You will be set on high. You will be delivered. You are honoured. You will boldly say 'God is my helper'. There shall no evil befall you. You are more excellent, more than conquerors. You are an overcomes, the child of God. You have the VICTORY. You will finish your course. NOTHING shall by any means hurt you. You can say it again to the devil's hearing and for anyone who cares to know. Where the word of a king is, there is power.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2011
January 3 James 3v17

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Wisdom is beautiful, wisdom is profitable. God formed the world by wisdom, and the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Like most good things, wisdom has a counterfeit, a fake. Sadly still, a devilish kind of wisdom. Note that the Bible agrees that the devil is very wise, actually wiser than man. People have been deceived, by the devil of course, to think that they can outsmart the devil.
There is an insatiable thirst in man for wisdom, or more appropriately put, knowledge. That's why it is important for us to know the kind of wisdom that we possess as individuals, and the way we employ/deploy it. Many people are Very wise/brilliant/intelligent but their wisdom is not godly. Such wisdom is not for the heavenly minded, such wisdom pits you against God and the godly.
What kind of wisdom do you manifest? Always check up, all through this year and forever. Determine to walk in the wisdom that is from above. The wisdom from above is first pure, holy. Whatever/however smart the idea, it is not from God if it negates holiness. It might sound beautiful, work excellently, be very practical, look the best for the situation. If it is not pure, it is not from God. It's wise alright, but not from God.
The wisdom from God ensues peace. It is gentle, not forceful. It's not a kind of wise advice that wants to force its way down every throat. You'll see people with beautiful teachings and expositions maybe on an issue, but they want to force it into everyone. God's wisdom is full of mercy, easy to be intreated and sincere, without hypocrisy. It has good fruits, it's not strife or malignant. May God give us the wisdom that is from above this new year. Once again, may God give you a happy new year and decade.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
January 8 Acts 7v57

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord.
We are told that Stephen was the first christian matyr, he died for His faith in God. As far back as early christian days i.e the days of the initial disciples of Jesus, people have suffered for Jesus. It's funny then that some still find it strange today, if everything is not 'rosy' for the believer. They will say "where is your God now, are you a real christian?" But we should not be moved by these things, but instead stand firm in Jesus, for there is nothing new under the sun. Heaven is our home, our resting place, never forget that as a child of God.
Stephen was honest, wise, full of the Holy Ghost, full of faith and power, a vibrant preacher, and a carrier of the anointing. His detractors even looked at his face and it was as it had been the face of an angel. An angel! What else can you ask for in a christian? Here is someone who would pray for his persecutors even as they were killing him. This one knew Jesus. You'll naturally expect this one to be populsar with the people. But it was not so.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2011
You know, sometimes, people complain bitterly about christians but claim to like Jesus. They say "It's because of christians that I'm not a christian". They claim that Jesus was a good man, a great teacher, and bla bla bla, but for His followers. See devil deceiving people and soothing consciences. They kick against the pricks and do not know it. I think if Jesus was here today, He'll not last up to three and a half years before the 'it is finished' part. my thoughts by the way. But you, are you rejecting Jesus subtly or boldly today? Are you making excuses or boldly kicking against the pricks? If you hate God's children, sorry, you hate God.
You may prove logic and quote 'wise men' from now till time 'h', one thing is needful. That thing is an acceptance of Christ as Lord and Saviour. You may get opinion polls in your favour and be in one accord, as seen in Today's passage. You may stop your ears, evil will not go unpunished except you repent. God is still angry with the unrepentant sinner every day. You may have people to support your views very well on nl, one thing is needful. As for me, I'll rather stand/kneel like Stephen, alone with Jesus, than have the world united at my back to stone Stephen. How about you?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Sweetnecta: 12:08am On Jan 09, 2011
your own slice of nairaland to yourself.

mashaAllah that in all of the mayhem, you can find a corner to call your own.

whats a prick? your initial title was about "kicking against the "prick[s]".

why change the title?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by seyibrown(f): 1:01am On Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for sharing, Image123! God bless you! smiley
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
January 11 Proverbs 11v16

A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong men retain riches

Who can find a virtuous woman? Her price is FAR ABOVE. A virtuous woman is a gracious woman. A woman, or more aptly put, a human, full of grace. Thank God for grace. Grace is available for everyone of us. It has been paid for, provided, propitiated by Christ Jesus for us. He tasted death for every man, every human, every woman. We can come boldly before the throne of grace and find grace any TIME. We have no excuse therefore.
It makes one uneasy, when people magnify how hard it is to live a gracious, righteous life. Virtue and grace must be celebrated again. Chastity must be ingrained in us anew. The society has left many bereft of godly values. They don't want to praise a woman that fears God. But we are coming back to the Word of God. The Word of God is life, abundant life, a radiant life. We will lift up godly values. Chastity is a godly value. Marriage is honourable in ALL and the bed undefiled. A gracious woman retains this honour. She will keep her chastity. She will preserve her virginity. And if she is married, she will preserve her home, her marriage.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:36pm On Jan 11, 2011
January 11 Proverbs 11v16

A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong men retain riches

Who can find a virtuous woman? Her price is FAR ABOVE. A virtuous woman is a gracious woman. A woman, or more aptly put, a human, full of grace. Thank God for grace. Grace is available for everyone of us. It has been paid for, provided, propitiated by Christ Jesus for us. He tasted death for every man, every human, every woman. We can come boldly before the throne of grace and find grace any TIME. We have no excuse therefore.
It makes one uneasy, when people magnify how hard it is to live a gracious, righteous life. Virtue and grace must be celebrated again. Chastity must be ingrained in us anew. The society has left many bereft of godly values. They don't want to praise a woman that fears God. But we are coming back to the Word of God. The Word of God is life, abundant life, a radiant life. We will lift up godly values. Chastity is a godly value. Marriage is honourable in ALL and the bed undefiled. A gracious woman retains this honour. She will keep her chastity. She will preserve her virginity. And if she is married, she will preserve her home, her marriage.
Marriage is honourable, and a gracious woman retains honour. She holds on to it, she recollects it. She is not opting for divorce. She recollects her marriage, she builds her house, she starts afresh, she makes things work. That's godliness, making things work. A gracious woman is strong, she will retain.
Reader, keep your virtue. Do not get polluted, this is the proof of God's grace in your life. A gracious woman and human retains honour and wealth. They are not spendthrifts. They are not wasters neither are they stingy. You too can ask for grace and strength from God to be retentive, honourable and rich.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:36pm On Jan 19, 2011
January 19 1Kings 19v21

21. And he returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled the flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him.

You heard that 'if any man be in Christ, old things are passed away.' Our Today's passage is the practical. There is a salvation that changes your job. There is a salvation that makes you to resign, that changes your wardrobe, your friends, your habits, your way/method of relaxation, even your church, and where you live.
Sorry to say, today, there is little or no conviction of sin. What many hear of is the good Lord, and how His goodness are begging to follow you all the days of your life. And then we ask, 'how many want to accept this good Lord, come forward'. Some even accept Him to pity Him. It appears as if they showed the Lord mercy, brought Him in to deliver Him from the cold outside. And so, when they are told that things are become new, they say No. "how can I leave what makes me happy?"(the women, the guys, the harlot attires, the bribery, the deceit, cheating, the fame, the limelight). Then, they'll say "God looks only at the heart. Infact, He's now there, I invited Him."
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2011
But to have the salvation, so great salvation available at Calvary, where the clensing fount is opened wide for our sins. The salvation that saves us, not saves God. That makes us follow immediately like true disciples. That keeps us praying for 3days as it kept Paul, that came on Nicodemus, and on Zaccheus, that made Elisha, who had a good job, to turn his work instruments into firewood, so as to become servant to Elijah, never to look back or reconsider.
Elisha slew the oxen, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen. It was bye-bye. He wasn't asking about how hard it was for him to get the job, and it pays a lot. He wasn't saying "we produce cigarette but i don't smoke it, i only pack it, and i have children in school now." He didn't go to forums to hear opinions and say "my boyfriend is a married man and I love him only. He's taking care of me and my junior ones, should i continue with my only love of my life?"
Today, i think we live in a better covenant than Elisha's. We will do better. We must make up our minds, consecrate ourselves and commit our spirits to God. Together with Christ, we can do all things, and we will in Jesus' name!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
January 31 Jeremiah 31v3

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Love is beautiful. Many of us have experienced one form of love or the other. The love of a spouse, the love of a friend, the love of a child. At least, let's say 'one form' of love, for there are different kinds of love.
We are not expected to love everything, neither do we love in the same degree. For instance, We are not to love the world, and We cannot love God and our friend the same way/degree. We may even be daily involved with somethings and yet not love them, for the love of money is the root of evil. So we see different forms of love, and We also know that GOD is love. He knows more about love than you do. He says "I have loved you with an everlasting love". God SO loved us that He gave. It is an eternal commitment, He wants us to have eternal life, His Life!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Jan 31, 2011
What can we do in response to this love? We should strive not to break it. Have you ever heard of haters/enemies having heart breaks? No, it is lovers! Lovers have heart breaks. It is in the same way, even more, that we sometimes grieve God. If you've ever suffered a heart break or seen someone do suffer, you'll be most careful with your relationship with God, for we are created in His image. Let us respond to His love with our love, and our life for His amazing love demands our all. Not just your inside or heart, but everything (spirit, soul and BODY). Give God your love.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2011
February 1 Exodus1v12

12. But the more they afflicted, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.

You may have heard of the early christians, you also must have heard of human rights. The early christians were not entertained with such pleasantaries as 'human rights'. They were heavily persecuted and tormented. It didn't matter to the world whether the christians were old or young. Violent death and torture were like the name of the game. Talk of aged men being thrown into boiling oil. You know that the aged need the care of the young, but aged christians were banished into isolation. A ninety-four year old apostle was clubbed on the head to death. Some were stoned, some crucified, some hanged on trees, some were burnt alive, some thrown as food to wild animals. But the church did not die! It continued to grow through it all.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2011
Jesus promised, that even the terror to hell cannot prevail against the church, the body of Christ. The old testament believers also experienced something similar. The more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. Multiplied and grew! Until the enemies are grieved, you will multiply and grow. The devil will be ashamed of you.
When problems come, when mountains stand in your way, it is not a time to weep, or get depressed. It's a time to cause grief in hell. If you ever get sick, or afflicted, or lose something, even someone. Child of God, do not sorrow/panic like others. Multiply and grow instead, the grace of God is sufficient. Turn your stumbling block to a stepping stone. If it seems too big (though nothing really is too big not to be moved with God), simply walk around it and continue on the road of victory. Victory is for you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:28pm On Feb 08, 2011
February 8 Acts 7v57

Then they cried out with a
loud voice, and stopped their
ears, and ran upon him with
one accord

Stephen was a man who was full of the Holy Ghost, and also full of faith and power. He spake with irresistible wisdom and spirit. He had what we might call 'charisma' today. There was so much faith in him that he turned every incidence into a revival meeting, a victorious crusade against the hosts of satan, sin and sickness. When Stephen was to serve tables, you could expect great wonders and miracles.
I see many people today, who live like mere men until they get on the pulpit before the thousands of appreciative audience. But not Stephen! Stephen could look like an angel whether while serving some neglected widow, or before the council. Stephen is a victor, an overcomer. Do you know preachers who seem to tone down the message in front of the high priest, the elders of the land, the scribes, journalists and media? You may be quick to say "I know, I know!" But can ye assuredly say that our own message is consistent before the rich or poor, before few or many? Do you even have/preach a message, any message? It's quite easy to spot out motes and beams in others.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:32pm On Feb 08, 2011
Actually, the quality of the message should be in the leading of the Spirit, and Stephen led by the Holy Spirit gave a message that cut the heart of the listeners. But unfortunately, they didn't run down the aisle in repentance, or raise hands and say 'a sinner's prayer'. They cried out loudly, and stopped their ears. Here was the door of salvation opened and these people went with a unanimous NO. The passage says that they ran with one accord, in unity. It's like the people of the tower of Babel, united against God, united for failure. Man is created social, and ye feel more secure with others. But faith in God is not just feeling.
Many times, we make decisions in accord with others, not with scriptures, not with God. We look for how many pastors will preach for it, or against it. We're looking for how many replies ye would get in its favour on our threads. We act as if God will have to bend and change His mind if all of us take this other way! Oh sorry, you've already lost the opinion polls if that's all. Uncountable company of angels and saints already voted for God and scriptures! We say "God obviously cannot/will not punish all these people for this small thing".
But we can change. We can come over and stand with Stephen. And perhaps, as we stand in faith not necessarily in numbers, we will see what Stephen saw. Stephen saw victory, Jesus standing on the right hand of God.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2011
March 4 Proverbs 4v14

Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men. NIV

Most mobile accidents happen when trying to move to another lane, or when moving in another lane, a wrong lane. It may be vehicle or pedestrian, it's the same result. When a car is seeking to overtake another by moving to another lane, there might be an accident. Or when a car swerves to another lane, there might be an accident. It may swerve from the opposite lane, it may swerve from another lane in the same direction. To be safer from accidents, stay in your lane.
You know when a pedestrian comes down from his lane to another lane, or when a truck leaves its lane for a fast lane, or when an airplane leaves its lane to go on a car's lane, there might be an accident. In spiritual matters, there is a narrow lane for children of God, there is a broad lane for unbelievers. Enter not into the path of the wicked, the lane of the wicked!
Many times, believers want to do what everyone else can do. They are looking for where it is specifically in the Bible that they should not do what everyone else is doing. A believer is not everyone else ma. He is a peculiar person, peculiar. She is of royal priesthood, royalty. He is in white! He cannot sit anywhere or anyhow, like the dirty sin-stained sinner everyone.
Go not in the way of wicked men. Stay in your lane sir. The narrow lane leads to Heaven, everyone wants to go there. Be an influencer, be a model for others to follow, not a follower of evil or society. Follow Jesus.What would Jesus do?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:13pm On Mar 05, 2011
March 5 1Corinthians 5v3

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed.

Frequently, i come across many sinners quoting scripture. I noticed that they love to quote Jesus Christ. Not everyone who quotes Jesus loves Jesus, even the devil quotes God all the time. Sinners quoting Jesus should not shackle us as children of God. Sinners love to quote "Judge not", the words of Jesus.
An hardened criminal is before the Judge pleading guilty. He is PLEADING because he doesn't want to be judged. Maybe all judges may be on the way to hell for judging, don't you think. A fornicator who has destroyed the lives and destinies of others is saying "judge not, judge not".
Thank God for people like Paul the apostle, they understand God better than us. They hear and understand the words of Jesus more comprehensively than these sinners scattered around us. Paul said 'I have judged already'. We should follow people like Paul more. When you have the Spirit of God, He gives you gifts. The Bible says "if any man does not have the Spirit of God, he is not of God". I thank God that one of the gifts of the Spirit is discernment. Discernment is having good judgement. It is picking out, distinguishing, knowing. A good Christian knows right from wrong. He knows what is spiritual from what is carnal. He distinguishes what is not of God from what is not of God. Like Paul, .He judges deeds. Jesus said by their fruits, we WILL KNOW them. Many people don't seem to believe that part of scriptures. Are you a believer today? Begin to judge from today and be cleansed from evil deeds. Amen.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2011
March 6 Daniel 6v4

Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there error or fault found in him.
A careful look through the scriptures assure us that God does not like double standards. God loves 'perfectness'. He treasures balance. Many people are imbalanced. You've seen people who can do anything to achieve physical fitness but do little or nothing to train/develop their minds. Some others are sheer class academically but a wrecked management health-wise.
Unfortunately, so unfortunately, we have christians who are 'supraspiritual' when it comes to religion, but carefree and spurious secularly. They think that it's only God that they owe uprightness. But Jesus said to love God AND to love your neighbour are the two greatest commands, and that the whole of God's Word hung on these two commands. Now, that's the balance.
You see Daniel in Today's passage? He was faultless concerning the kingdom, his secular work. Not only faultless, he was faithful. He was faithful! Some christians behave anyhow and say "Oh God will lift me up and bombard me with favour by the way". They think that once they give in church, work ethics do not matter. But not Daniel. This is what made Daniel a champion! He was faithful to his bosses and faultless. Little wonder he was always needed by every government in his time. They simply could not let him go. Not just because he had the Spirit of God, but he was balanced. You too should be balanced. That's the blueprint. Be a Daniel, victory is for you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2011
March 8     John 8v6,8

This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
Imagine this, the Author above all authors, the Author of our faith and Author of eternal salvation. He is so much more than all other authors He is Himself called the Word. Writings are made of words, He Himself is the content of writings. Some people ignorantly think that the Bible was authored by men. They think of Paul's writings. They say this one is written by James, or by Isaiah, or by David. And they are asking, 'where is the book of Jesus?' The Bible is the book of Jesus, the whole of it. If you don't see that in the Bible, don't you see Him writing and painting the skies?
   God has made His writings so accessible to everyone of us. The Bible is the most popular book on earth, forever a best-seller. This is His writing. The skies are His writings. He is not far from everyone of us. And there are books that He still writes which will be opened to all on the day of judgement.
   Some people cannot see that He is near to everyone of us. The pharisees didn't see it. He had to write on the floor. Belshazzar(a wicked king in the old testament) refused to see it. God had to write it on the walk. He is still writing it today for you to read. "And again, He stooped down and wrote. Why don't you reduce the talking, read instead. The pharisees were talking and talking, Jesus did as if He didn't hear them. Are you talking too much? God wants to speak to you. Do you need to listen more? Maybe that's why it seems God is not hearing you? Listen more, read more. You too can hear from God. He wants to speak to you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by kenpaam: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2011
Great thread. God bless you brother.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:35pm On Mar 08, 2011
^amen.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:19am On Mar 09, 2011
March 9     Mark 9v8

And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves

Jesus Christ is truly the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Today's passage mirrors His promise that He will never pass away, but is with us until the end. There's no greater love than God's love for us as humans. You may love your mum so much, or your dad, but it becomes worrisome if you stay with them to the last. Even in marriage, an institution ordained by God to be forever, many struggle to maintain the relationship. A job might be most sought for, well-paying, meeting all your needs and dreams of a career, a good house, car, health, sponsor all your kids' education, but still one day you want to leave the job and receive retirement benefits.
But Jesus, He wants to stay with you even when it's all been said and done, even forever. Things may happen all of a sudden, making friends and well-wishers to desert you.'Suddenly, they saw no man anymore, save Jesus only'. No wonder, a wise person will make Jesus to be all of his real world. He is the only One who will remain standing with you in the end. After the thrills of transfiguration, and perhaps the throes of the storm, it will remain Jesus ONLY with yourself. Jesus is the Companion that never fails. He will guide you to the expectation. He is even much better than Moses or Elijah, or Peter or Paul. He is above pastor or priest, spouse or soulmate, degree or decree. Stay closest to the Source of life, Jesus Christ.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2011
March 10 Hebrews 10v2,3

2 Otherwise,
would they not have
stopped being offered?
For the worshipers
would have been cleansed once for all,
and would no longer
have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those
sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins

There was a man who loved to eat at a particular restaurant until he found out that their source of water was 'impure', his love immediately dissipated and it never returned again. The food was delicious to him, he was a strong customer and was already gaining reputation as 'husband' to the chef's little kid. But that impurity, it changed everything! It's similar to rubbish swept under the carpet, everywhere looks clean but really there's a load of dirt under. This was the condition presented in the old testament.
The sin was swept under the carpet, covered by the sacrifice. But in those sacrifices, there is a remembrance. The difference in the new testament sacrifice of Jesus is that the rubbish is taken away. He came to take away our sins, our rubbish, not to cover them. Many christians today ignorantly live in the old testament. Their sins are swept under, they sweep it more under every night in their prayers. They even put a fancy rug on the carpet on the rubbish when they go to church. But someone already paid heavily, with His life as price, to take away the rubbish. He came to take away our sins, to save us from sin, to make an end of transgressions.
Have you received new testament forgiveness? Are you still living with, or in sin? The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all, all sin. Don't remain a sinner christian. Come up to your level, your ticket has been paid for. Stop crawling, it's time to fly above sin.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2011
March 11 Proverbs 11v22

22 As a jewel of gold in
a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.

Have you ever seen real gold, a jewel of gold? Many have not. Gold is precious, gold is costly. Gold is not found on the earth's surface, it is hidden. In God's ways, treasures are hidden not exposed. If your body is a treasure, the temple of God, you'll not expose it anyhow. Gold is not for the pig, it's a waste with the pig. So many human beings have never seen real gold, many more have never touched gold, so many more have never possessed real gold.
What is gold, a jewel of gold doing in the nose of a pig? It is ludicrous, it is wasteful. But the Word of God compares some human beings to such utter waste. You don't want to eat in the presence of a pig, not to mention caressing its 'golden' nose. Yet some people are just like this scenario, irritating in the big picture. Many people spend a lot of time trying to be beautiful. I've seen people use the whole weekend at the saloon. And of course, you have to maintain the look from time to time during the day in the week to see that you are 'good to go'. No gender is left out in this quest for beauty, even old men in high places are still doing face-lifts. But please add to this finery DISCRETION.
Discretion is caution. If you lack caution, please come out of the pig's nose quickly. Discretion is guardedness, some people are so loose, loose tongue, loose dressing, loose virtue. Discretion is choice, an option. Many beautiful people have no option but to sin, to be immoral. Come out of that irritable state. Get some discretion, you need it like oxygen.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2011
March 12 Hebrews 12v 1b

Hebrews 12v1b and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

When the whistle is blown, or the shotgun fired at the start of a race, it is expected that all competitors should run as fast as they can. Ever heard the phrase 'run like your life depended on it'? It's a picture of surging speed and adrenaline boosted movement that is painted. Patience doesn't come near that picture. But the christain journey is a mysterious one. It is a race with patience. Imagine running with patience, that's the christain's race. The christain's experience is not a knock-out competition, you do not live to outdo or outsmart anyone. In this competition, the competitors unite with one another to win. You cannot be in the fast lane and run the christain race. You cannot be in the broad way and run the christain race.
If you do not see anything wrong with the world and its system, you are not in the christain race. The christain's patience involves humility, it's not a teeth-clenching kind of patience. Some people do not even realise that we are in a race, they think that they have already arrived at the destination. Paul said there was a course to finish, a race to certainly run, are you on course? Or have you left your lane, and you are slipping down the broad express to perdition? No wonder you're thinking there's no race to run. There is a race set before us by God. We can run it by His help, with patience.
Patience involves real prayers. Patience involves circumspect meditation on God's Word. Patience involves cool clearheadedness; don't be hasty to strive or condemn others, It's not a calling. Run the race with patience.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:52am On Mar 15, 2011
March 15 Matthew 14v2

and he said to his attendants, “This is John the Baptist; he has risen from the dead! That is why miraculous powers are at work in him.

God knows His own people just like the central bank knows real currency and counterfeit. But the Bible does not say that ONLY God knows His own. Actually, He(God) said to us "by their fruits, you will know". It is not only the central bank that recognises fake money and genuine money. Even the common man CAN know.
Herod the tetrarch was a religious man. Infact, he had a religious followership that were called 'Herodians'. He was not an atheist, he even knew some genuine men of God. The scriptures tell us that herod heard John baptist GLADLY. So we might see him as a lover of the Word. In today's passage, we see some religious qualities in him. But every Bible student now knows better, or at least history shows us that he was not a godly man after all. Looking only at this passage though, one might see Herod as a condescending humble person. He said unto his servants. He shared ideas with his servants, he related with them. He had a conscience. He even believed in the resurrection of the dead! Wonderful, he believed some Bible doctrines. He believed in miracles and mighty works. He had faith, he exhibited positive confession. He said that mighty works show themselves in John. He even believed that God could work miracles through John, though John had never performed a miracle. Some people today are like Herod, religious but not righteous. Chri[b]stains[/b] but not christians. They are weed, an eye sore to the body of Christ. Check up yourself today. Are you a christain or a christian?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:45am On Mar 16, 2011
March 16 Romans 16v26

but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith

As we draw closer to the period when we celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, it's good we reflect on some of the things He(Jesus) has accomplished for us. Jesus Christ came to earth to open for us a new and living way. He is God's remedy for man's malady. Man wanted to be as God through partaking of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, but God in the reverse wants man to be like Him through partaking of the foolishness of the tree of the cross of Calvary.
The cross is now our plus(+). The devil didn't expect it, man could not imagine it, but it's now plain and manifest to all. Jesus gave the devil a technical knockout at calvary, the devil is running about with a deadly wound on his head till this day. He cannot think clearly, every believer can defeat him. We have the victory.
This is the way that's manifest, this is the victory the prophets prophesied even from the old testament. It is the commandment of God. God is not a God of just a former dispensation, old testament. He is everlasting, He is eternal. And this good news is not just for the jews, or for Noah's family, or for Lot. This good news is for all nations. It is made known, we have no excuse. Jesus is not a lie fed to the blacks by white men, He's not for just one race. He is Whom the everlasting God has COMMANDED all nations to obey in faith. You are included, do not disobey. It's the best thing that ever happened to man.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:07am On Mar 22, 2011
[b]March 22] Luke 22v39
And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
For every living thing, we all have the special gift of twenty-four equal hours. And as the Bible asserts, there's time for everything. To truly get the best from life, one has to be quite detailed with time. If there's no time frame for an achievement, there will be no true joy or purpose. That's why we count years, months, weeks, days and hours. Greater efficiency usually even demands for minutes and seconds and microseconds.
Imagine if there were no time frame for your education, marriage or childbirth, you may just discover that one day you are eighty years old. You've been waking and sleeping and relatively achieving nothing. To get the best from TIME, good habits must be formed and maintained. The little things we do are what develop into habits. The seeming insignificant 'its' are what later become 'bits'. 'A bit' here and 'a bit' there and soon enough we have habits.
Jesus had habits, we are told in Today's passage that His disciples also followed Him. There was a place that He usually went, there was a thing that He usually did. Some christians are lazy and disorganised, they have no good habits and show poor planning. And then they'll say "as the spirit leads", what a backup! They have no plan, no goal, no focus, just as the spirit leads. The Holy Spirit led Jesus, but He developed good habits. What spirit is leading you. No definite tied plan to evangelise, no time to read, to pray, even to sleep. Just a lazy sanctimonious 'as the spirit leads. Let God truly guide you daily. There's time for everything.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:40am On Mar 24, 2011
March 24       2Chronicles 24v8
And at the king's commandment they made a chest, and set it without at the gate of the house of the Lord.

The bible makes us to understand that God is love. God is not just loving, He is love. Anyone who has God living in him/her or who lives/abides in God must love. If you don't love, you don't know God. The demonstration of love is giving. God so loved that He gave. Our love also should be SO that we give. Some people have more poverty in them than love. They say, or their proponents say "they are too poor to give". But not God, not a godly person, not a child of God.
Jesus Christ, our perfect example, became poor for us, yet He gave. In God's kingdom ways, giving is a way of life, it's like breathing. If you're not breathing, you are not alive! In Today's passage, the king had told God's children to give but they didn't. So he commanded. Sometimes, when a person is not breathing normally, you come in and start the process; you resuscitate, force in the air until he begins to breathe normal again. That's what happened in this passage. After the commandment, giving started again as a normal way of life. They made a chest. It's not just the size of your congregation's offering box you know. This one is Royal, National, Big, Commanding chest.
And they set it at the gate of the house of the Lord. It's the priority. You know, when something is not important, you say "let's get inside before we discuss". But this one meets you right at the gate. And incase 'offering time' has passed, and you hear a command during the sermon to give, as you're going out, you give right away. Make up, MAKE UP your mind to give. Don't wait for forever for an impression to give. 'Give' is a command, a demonstration of love.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2011
As we go through the month of April, it's a good month to reflect on Jesus. It's the month when His death and resurrection is openly celebrated. The famed welsh preacher-Evan Roberts was at his father's burial, and everything was so sombre and funereal until he interrupted with the exclamation that "This is not a death but a resurrection. Let us bear witness to this truth". It's Jesus Christ that can turn death into resurrection. This month, we look through His vicarious death into His resurrection. It's my prayer that we also be passed from death into Life.
Jesus Christ had to die for us. All have sinned. We were all in trouble, in the well. We all needed salvation, no other man could take our place, because we're all in the same situation. No angel could save us as angels are spirits. No animal could save us as animals do not have spirit, soul and body. The lamb/animal could only try. Even God could not save us or take our place for God is a Spirit. He had to come down as man;spirit, soul and body.
God the Spirit had to 'artificially inseminate' an human as all man's seed is corrupt by default. This begat Jesus our Saviour. He lived on earth and remained spotless, undefiled. Then He took our place. He suffered our judgement spirit, soul and body. And if we believe Him, we would not be judged.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Easter Youth Camp: Youths From Around The World Join / Nigerian Pastor And His Wife Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.