Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (231691 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
I have been banned until February 11, therefore, this story has been suspended indefintely. I am leaving Nairaland for good.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by JojoBlue(f): 5:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
Deeninetyseven:
I have been banned until February 11, therefore, this story has been suspended indefintely. I am leaving Nairaland for good.
cry cry cry oh that can't be happening! !
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by bigwig97(m): 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2015
anita's eye don clear now...m sure she would regret 4lowing janet's advice and will want to revenge... abi nah
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by bigwig97(m): 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
Deeninetyseven:
u are kidding, right?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
The level of autocracy on Nairaland is quite alarming. If I can't express myself, then I see no reason why I should still remain here.
Everyone is complaining about the rate at which our stories are being stolen and I was banned for complaining about the moderators attitude. Do they expect me to treat them like Gods.
They all know, I have spent over a year on Nairaland and I have never had reason to complain about the way they work except when they move useless topics to the frontpage.
I have always expressed myself to the mods as civil as I can, but now when all my sweats are being reduced to nothingness by people who steal our stories, with the emotion, the anger, I was placed on a ban. I will be back by February 11 stronger and I will give them a piece of my own mind. Then I will be prepared for 10years ban.

I have been writing before I joined Nairaland and now that I am leaving, I will continue writing.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
Oga D9ty7 abeg we knw nl is trying some shit these days. Pls don't leave your humble followers without completing this nice story
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
Ziziola:
Oga D9ty7 abeg we knw nl is trying some shit these days. Pls don't leave your humble followers without completing this nice story
I have my own pride, I have my own principle, I can't beg God and still beg a fellow human. I'll complete this story, you'll know about my blog soonest.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by hassan85(m): 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
Yes about d unpresidential stealing of people's works here, I agree. But we should be matured to solve things amicably na. please, 11 Feb is really unfair. really really
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
Deeninetyseven:
I am leaving Nairaland for good.
u cnt b serious! tell us u are tryin 2 pull our legs pls... We cn wait 4 u till Feb. bt pls dnt leave... U hv gone 2 far 2 leave jst lyk dat; please...
I knw u are nt happy about d way ur stories and dat of other writers are being stolen; those who do dat hv dia reward and u also hv urs... Rememba u said u luv writting and nthin wld stop u 4rm doin so.
Pls Dee dnt leave us lyk dis.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
Deeninetyseven:
The level of autocracy on Nairaland is quite alarming. If I can't express myself, then I see no reason why I should still remain here.
Everyone is complaining about the rate at which our stories are being stolen and I was banned for complaining about the moderators attitude. Do they expect me to treat them like Gods.
They all know, I have spent over a year on Nairaland and I have never had reason to complain about the way they work except when they move useless topics to the frontpage.
I have always expressed myself to the mods as civil as I can, but now when all my sweats are being reduced to nothingness by people who steal our stories, with the emotion, the anger, I was placed on a ban. I will be back by February 11 stronger and I will give them a piece of my own mind. Then I will be prepared for 10years ban.

I have been writing before I joined Nairaland and now that I am leaving, I will continue writing.
seconded.. I don't understand nairaland anymore!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Mma22(f): 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
Deeninetyseven:
I appreciate you guys comments, my main account has been banned so I had to use my alternate account.
Galaxdiva, JojoBlue, Psalmwise, snowyte, Kingphilip, Tecno4life, seunviju, Hassan85, Fatalveli, Onemansquad, alabig, Adewealth027, Ziziola, shankies215, Uthman51, macpetrus, Prettydiva89, Stuff46, mma22, donphill and olarafiat.

*runs into d thread* wey dis anti sperm bolt sef make I send am go buy bread for newyork I won take am chop beans. oya palmwise serve me two plates of beans, am famished with 15pcs of soaked stew pomo and a keg of palm wine to go with it.

oga D, dont worry by d time anti sperm bolt take hin leg waka come from newyork, dey wont ban u again.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Mma22(f): 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Deeninetyseven:

what oga D no do dis to us nah. plsssss
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by MrNiceGuy5: 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
nice one bro
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Kingblingz(m): 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
Oga writer,b4 u started writing this stories on NL u had one thing in mind which is 4 peeps 2 read,enjoy nd probably learn from it,I have read ur stories and I must say am impress u are one of my best writers on NL,that aside,you saying u don't want 2 continue this story is totally absurd,u no how the MODs behave,u have 2 NL accounts,u were banned from one doesn't mean u are banned from the other,Guy 4get abt wat happend and continue d story,I didn't wanted 2 plead with u b4 but on a second thought I realised u were doing it from ur heart 4 free,so 4 dat reason u have d right 2 STOP,PAUSE and PLAY d story,if to say na something wey ah pay money u no reach say na wan useless matter make u dey form vex! Bros 4get Mods yeye wahala come here come update jor! BTW more Ororo 2 ur elbow in advance

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
#Givs her ...Ma can u finish al dis sha...,
Mma22:

*runs into d thread* wey dis anti sperm bolt sef make I send am go buy bread for newyork I won take am chop beans. oya palmwise serve me two plates of beans, am famished with 15pcs of soaked stew pomo and a keg of palm wine to go with it.

oga D, dont worry by d time anti sperm bolt take hin leg waka come from newyork, dey wont ban u again.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 11:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
Ahnahn banin 2acct wat is rong with dis mods sef...,shey nah autoban ni abi nah persn dey do d banning manually...,even me sef wey no b writer dem dey ban...,smilez make NL kuku stop nairalanders from posting toipics
Persn go post topic anoder persn go dey make money from it yet dey wud b banning sumone@dose plagiarising and dose banning
#am provoked...
#do wat u lik
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Cybershow(m): 4:40am On Jan 29, 2015
Omoh...d9ty7 u weigh..i gbadun ur tory o..abeg i nid front seat o...anita na mumu na..she tink al fingers r equal dat she too cn control ha husband lyk janet
abeg i dae wait 4 d next update..tank GOD my seat dae front nw..abi no b xo?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by oluday2: 6:56am On Jan 29, 2015
D9ty7, don't tell me you are keeping to your words o. Cos I can see the last time you were on Nairaland was yesterday evening, about the time you said you are leaving. You just have to come back.
Emzypaz, I learnt you guys are pretty close, why not talk to him.
And to his whatsapp friends, Lilyomi, Bluestarry, Kingphilip, tecno4life, Onemansquad, Adeh39 and others. Just tell him to come back, am sure he'd return if the pressure is much.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by labaski(f): 8:15am On Jan 29, 2015
Kingblingz:
Oga writer,b4 u started writing this stories on NL u had one thing in mind which is 4 peeps 2 read,enjoy nd probably learn from it,I have read ur stories and I must say am impress u are one of my best writers on NL,that aside,you saying u don't want 2 continue this story is totally absurd,u no how the MODs behave,u have 2 NL accounts,u were banned from one doesn't mean u are banned from the other,Guy 4get abt wat happend and continue d story,I didn't wanted 2 plead with u b4 but on a second thought I realised u were doing it from ur heart 4 free,so 4 dat reason u have d right 2 STOP,PAUSE and PLAY d story,if to say na something wey ah pay money u no reach say na wan useless matter make u dey form vex! Bros 4get Mods yeye wahala come here come update jor! BTW more Ororo 2 ur elbow in advance
uncle, d9ty7 isnt leaving dis story solely because of d unnecessary bans.. he is leaving because of d high rate of plagiarism and because d mods aren't doing anything to help matters rather than placing a ban on him when he stated his opinion.. and honestly i am in full support of all dese writers who decide to stop deir stories for a yl cos i can't imagine someone else taking glory for my sweat..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Kingblingz(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2015
labaski:
uncle, d9ty7 isnt leaving dis story solely because of d unnecessary bans.. he is leaving because of d high rate of plagiarism and because d mods aren't doing anything to help matters rather than placing a ban on him when he stated his opinion.. and honestly i am in full support of all dese writers who decide to stop deir stories for a yl cos i can't imagine someone else taking glory for my sweat..
Hmmmmmmm! The MODs have done theirs,Oga D9ty7 u can as well do yours
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dyoungstar:
It's my honour to reckon with every writer and reader here

What has been happening to the writers in this forum is no longer acceptable in this age and time.

One does not wash his hands clean only to crack nuts for the chicken.

A dog cannot after eating shit and the sheep's teeth get stained.

He that goes about setting the world ablaze, will always come for more matches.

It is so sad that Seun and his league of extra ordinary MODs whom 90% of them are sadist especially to literature section and writers does not have any reasonable solution to proffer to our plight in the group. This kept me wondering if Seun actually created this site himself or he hired someone who does not know the nitty gritty of programming to design this site, much to my chagrin this site was design using joomla or a template design that cannot allow for further modification, hence Seun should have known that he can create a code in the literature section that'll disable copying of text in the group.

To make matters worse, Seun came up with a disclaimer that our posts are solely our responsibility to carter for. Whoever gave him that advise is wicked Because that statement has placed him in the shoes of sadist also.

I know that after reading this post either Seun or his worshippers called MODs will trash it and ban me for 1 year, this is not the first time of them doing it, so am prepared for the worst, all the same, our voices must be heard.

My fellow literature lovers, I implore you all to stop writing on NL for now until the management has digged out a lasting solution, then if you have a story running on NL be it literature, sexuality, diaries or any section; Because our adversary the plagiarist are looming around looking for stories to steal, and they are not willing to stop anytime soon.

So many people's works have been stolen by literature thieves from different countries.

I remember a Ghanaian stealing AudreyTims Unfulfilled Promises etc.

Therefore I suggest that everyone pauses his/her stories until there are tangible reasons to continue, moreover, we are not paid like the MODs to write, yet we are the ones suffering.

In a nut shell, let's abandon all stories till further notice even if it takes 2 years; meanwhile as a writer be writing and storing them in your books or system, you can even make money by publishing them into an ebook (contact me if you need assistance on the ebook thing, I'll definitely help). Lastly, pull down half of your story from NL and let's see how they'll steal them.

Thanks for your candid response.

Signed:
#LET'S FIGHT PLAGIARISM GROUP ON WHATSAPP

#SayNoToPlagiarism.

MODs am waiting for your ban.

Note: Seun and his MODs can't do anything more than what they are doing but they can help disable copy and paste and stop banning people for saying their minds.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Galaxdiva(f): 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
kingphilip:

u said honey?

d9ty7 ur babes don de plenty o

na today? Are u a learner?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Galaxdiva(f): 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dee_darling,pls am begging u...dnt do dis to us...plsssssssssssss
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2015
snowhyt:
1. Nate. is being stubborn bcus he tinks his dad is d one to be blamed 4 d divorce...

2. Put urself in Serena's shoes.. If ur parents just brokeup, wld u be able 2 consentrate on ur studies? i'm sure Serena's main reason 4 wantin 2 register 4 cbt is 2 occupy her mind with smtin else so she could 4get abt her parents divorce.

3. Mr. Thomas shld try 2b 9ce and cool with d kids... i dnt see y he wants Nate. 2 b driven 2 schl wen he(Nate) has always been goin 2 schl on his own.
1. was he really blind when his mum started that? on some occasions he witnessed it but what did he do to make his mother change ha mind? I saw nothing.. Serena tried ha best to prevent it but ha. mother was adamant. the dad tried his best to reconcile the differences but for where she no gree..
haven't he been driven to school before with his dad's car? I guess he has.. I think the fault is from their mother, if she had pleaded with the court to always allow ha access to the children n d children access to ha I'm sure the father won't behave that way..

2. understand with u on Serena's case.. but she should study on ha own sha if she wants to pass and BTW 9 days is too short to wipe out the memory so after 9 days she'll still go back.. I guess she should get ha friend to always be around with ha sometimes so with chatting n gistings it'll be easier to forget sha

3. well I can assure u too that their father isn't happy about how things turned around over night and I'm sure he'll want to get his family happy again but he can't just help this..
not to worry snowhyt I'll tell him u r a beauty with brain let him consider u for marriage fast jare

hope you've been well dear
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Galaxdiva:

na today? Are u a learner?
Yes o but my own no get learners permit
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 10:57am On Jan 30, 2015
kingphilip:

1. was he really blind when his mum started that? on some occasions he witnessed it but what did he do to make his mother change ha mind? I saw nothing.. Serena tried ha best to prevent it but ha. mother was adamant. the dad tried his best to reconcile the differences but for where she no gree..
haven't he been driven to school before with his dad's car? I guess he has.. I think the fault is from their mother, if she had pleaded with the court to always allow ha access to the children n d children access to ha I'm sure the father won't behave that way..

2. understand with u on Serena's case.. but she should study on ha own sha if she wants to pass and BTW 9 days is too short to wipe out the memory so after 9 days she'll still go back.. I guess she should get ha friend to always be around with ha sometimes so with chatting n gistings it'll be easier to forget sha

3. well I can assure u too that their father isn't happy about how things turned around over night and I'm sure he'll want to get his family happy again but he can't just help this..
not to worry snowhyt I'll tell him u r a beauty with brain let him consider u for marriage fast jare

hope you've been well dear
hahahahaha.. marriage keh?? i'm nt ready 4 dat o and bsides i wld like my husband 2b tear leather nd nt tokumbo(2nd hand)..
I still wanna argue with u bt i'll hold my peace 4 nw..

i'v been gud nd u?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 1:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
snowhyt:
hahahahaha.. marriage keh?? i'm nt ready 4 dat o and bsides i wld like my husband 2b tear leather nd nt tokumbo(2nd hand)..
I still wanna argue with u bt i'll hold my peace 4 nw..

i'v been gud nd u?
we aren't arguing or are we?
roll out ur points jor as long as it's related to the story here

according to what d9ty7 said he's enjoying our show.. so bring it on

I've been great too
Happy weekend
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
kingphilip:

we aren't arguing or are we?
roll out ur points jor as long as it's related to the story here

according to what d9ty7 said he's enjoying our show.. so bring it on

I've been great too
Happy weekend
tenks dear..
i'm currently in schl, wen i hv time i'll counter ur points..
D9ty7 broke my heart by saying he wld leave Nland.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 2:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
snowhyt:
tenks dear..
i'm currently in schl, wen i hv time i'll counter ur points..
D9ty7 broke my heart by saying he wld leave Nland.
not to worry we'll get a way around it cheer up

I'll be Waiting for the counter comments though
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
May God help you Anita
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 11:56am On Jan 31, 2015
1) If u read chapter1 carefully, u'll see dat Nate was nt at home wen d main problem started. He only witnessed wen his mum had refused to come 4 d thanksgiving dinner and how she had objected wen Mr. Thomas said Dave shld drive Nate. 2 schl... Nate must hv been driven 2 schl b4(though it waznt stated if he had been taken 2 schl b4 or nt).. I think d dude jst needs some space in order 4 him 2 clear his head #I'm nt in support of hiz actions though#
2) As 4 Serena, it seems she's kinda confused bcus she knws her mum is d one @ fault yet she testified against her dad in court... Mr. Thomas shld sit her down and hv a hrt 2 hrt tlk wit her cus she needs all his luv, support nd listening ears...
3) Don't u think Serena's frnds are also part of d cbt lesson?? bsides stayin @ home all day won't help her study properly cus d house might bring bck memories of her parents quarrel.
4) Yea, Mr. Thomas can't help it dat his family is divided and his children had turned against him, bt I dnt tink dats a critarial 4 him 2b so authoritative and so strict on d kids.. he shld undastand dat nt all issues with kids cn b solved with a hard hand, some times showing more luv dan u use 2 does d trick.
***Gud mrning
Cc Kingphilip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by olarafiat(f): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
Anita is a dunce.
d Yorubas will say "maa Jo lo mo wa leyin e ; etan ni n je be"

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.