Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (231371 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
Onemansquad:

stuff46 cum see psn wey get ogun koboko hia oo cum shw am hw 2 use am
undecided
Onemansquad:

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
Onemansquad:

thank u very much for bring the koboko, i will surely show u how to use it. hope u would be @ service anytime i have need for.

btw oms ask am how many mouth e be. atleast some people for lit section don sopose chop strokes,(whips.
)
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by donPhill(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2014
chai...how ll life cont. From here....
Oga d9ty7 we re waiting
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TiffanyJ(f): 9:49am On Dec 27, 2014
hassan85:
hmn it's sweet reading ds story, but believe me, u don't want it true life story. it's difficult honestly. I hate it at ds stage. now d kids will Never forgive themselves. it's just life and it's problems. I wish women will respect themselves and men take d right action at d right time. I Really feel too much emotionally drawn to ds story. Weldon sir more updates please
Oga, so you waka come here?

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TiffanyJ(f): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2014
This is not funny again o. Now the children will bear the brunt of it all.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by hassan85(m): 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Oga, so you waka come here?
Yes o my love I de here. ds his weekly updates are not funny at all.

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by nick16: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
all this I tot therock5555 was the only good writer. chaii I was so bloody wrong, you na boss. This book suppose to be used as the novel for jamb.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
In... Ride On D9ty7..
This story reminds me of my cousin..
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by summerflame(m): 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
Happy new year
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TrishaP(f): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
What happened to this story @d9ty?undecided
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
TrishaP:
What happened to this story @d9ty?undecided
Don't mind me. I have two stories running concurrently here on Nl. As soon as I am thru with my other story which is in its second to the last chapter, I'll complete this one too.

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TrishaP(f): 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
D9ty7:

Don't mind me. I have two stories running concurrently here on Nl. As soon as I am thru with my other story which is in its second to the last chapter, I'll complete this one too.
Aiit.. You have all the time.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Galaxdiva(f): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2015
U avnt finished 'all in a cirle' and now this... Hmmm..i go shoot u ooo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2015
Galaxdiva:
U avnt finished 'all in a cirle' and now this... Hmmm..i go shoot u ooo
i would have supported u but if u shoot him,how will the story be completed....just kidnap him and release him after 2 weeks of torture....lolz
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Japhola(m): 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
OMG!!! @D9ty7, Anita is staying too long in that house pls update the next chapter and let her leave before I get to that house because whatever happens to her undecided don't blame me...
Nice story you've got...
This is my first time am reading your story...
Nice1 wink ....

Ride-On......•••
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lbotusme: 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
Update pls
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
sorry but no updates till he finishes ALL IN A CIRCLE
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Mma22(f): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2015
prettydiva89:
sorry but no updates till he finishes ALL IN A CIRCLE

shebi he has finished ALL IN A CIRCLE now, can we have an update plsssss
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 11:50am On Jan 25, 2015
Mma22:

Were have you been?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mma22:

Until monday big sis
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
Finally "The Thomas" continues
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by adewealth027(f): 5:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
Abeg.....let this story commence fully asap
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
lets continue the ride
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
Waiting....
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
ah don show face! whu is d barman here? i need fayrouz
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:31am On Jan 26, 2015
The last two days has been hell for Serena, fourty eight hours without her mother is something that has never happened to her before. The highest she had gone without seeing her mother was fifteen hours, which was the last time her mum travelled to Niger state to pick up a relative, but any other travels are always within the range of seven to twelve hours. She couldn't categorically tell if her mother had left her brothers at home for more than one day, and even if she travelled for five days, it will look like five hours because there is this assurance that she would be back, but with the situation of things, she would never sleep under the same roof with her mother unless if she visits her wherever she lives. But to sleep inside her father's house as one happy family is far from coming to fruition.
She had tried to shut her mind from dwelling on the subject, but she couldn't help it, her greatest fear is her father getting married to another woman, she would just have to run away and never come back home.
"You will be driven to school this morning and there is nothing you can do about it." She could hear her father's voice from the living room.
Who could he be fighting with this early morning. She had locked herself up since the previous night and when Nate came to call her for the morning devotion, she refused to oblige, even though she was suprised that Nate, a rebellious person is present at the devotion to the extent that he rendered the praise and worship with his sexy voice which she(Serena) couldn't stop admiring.
But who could her father be fighting with? That person must be a student, but her brother Dave is a graduate, and she a secondary school leaver, therefore, no one is of the school age. Then she remembered Nate. But Nate schools in Ilorin, Kwara state and he could possibly go to the park to board a bus, why will her father insist of getting him driven to school from home? She needs to find out.
She got down from the bed, adjusted her nightie and tied a wrapper around her body. She stood at the dining watching the drama of her father ranting and threatening her second brother, Nathaniel.
But what has gotten into dad? Why is he acting strange and temperamental of late? Were the questions on Serena's mind as she watched her father and brother arguing. Even Nate was not helping matters, he stood his ground and in spite of the pushing from his father, he stood up to him defiantly.
"Dad, I case you have not heard. I am well above eighteen, I can make my own decisions, it is my life, I am travelling back to school on my own and there is nothing you can do about it." Nate said calmly, but one could feel the anger in his words and the determination.
Serena could see her father's jaw twitch.
"Let me see you carry your bags and walk out of the gate."
Serena knew it would come to this, she knew her father would put Nate in a tight corner which is locking him inside the house. Nathaniel is a guy who stands by his own decision, and convincing him is like telling a monkey that apple is sweeter than banana.
"I love that. Then I'll have an excuse of not going back to school when test is starting tomorrow." Nate replied slumping onto the nearest chair.
"I am you father and as long as you still live under my roof and I still pay your bills, then I can tell you what to do. Therefore, you'll be driven to school from home this morning and that's it."
And with that their father walked out of the living room.
"Nate, what's going on?" Serena asked.
"Are you blind? Can't you see or hear the issue we were dragging?" Nate asked angrily as he stood up and made to walked out of the living room.
"Will you allow the driver to drive you to school?" She asked.
"um.. Yeah, but that will be the last of me in this house. At the end of this semester, I will move in to Taofeek's house, his parents won't mind." He replied.
Serena remembered the first time she met Taofeek, it was almost a year and a half ago when Nate matriculated. She could remember her parents driving down to Ilorin and she went with them. Taofeek was a meek guy, a muslim and an epitome of humility, plus he is handsome.
"That's twenty thousand naira. I think that should be enough, call me if you need anything else. I believe you still have foodstuffs in your hostel." Oluwole Thomas had returned to the living room and handed the money to Nathaniel.
"Nate, you can not do that." Serena said, but Nate was long gone into his bedroom.
Is he loosing his mind? Why will he decided to run away from home because of this trival issue that could be solved? She asked herself as she walked dejectedly back to her room.

--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 26, 2015
At last,this story has started
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:41am On Jan 26, 2015
Now, holiday don finish, its time to focus 60% on The Thomas while I use the other 40% in writing down my new stories, The second coming..(All in a circle part two) and 1985.... 1987.... 2014(A crime story)
I will try and be consistent with this story, but don't expect a 5-updates per day like we had when All in a circle was running. At least per day, we would get about 2-3updates. Sometimes 4.
Tags: Tiffanyj, TrishaP, Prettydiva89, Lilyomi, Kingphilip, shankies215, Adeh39, macpetrus, Adewealth027, snowhyt, Mma22, Lbotusme, Japhola, Galaxdiva, nick16, hassan85, donPhil, stuff46, tecno4life, onemansquad, Psalmwise and others.
THE THOMAS IS BACK!!!

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by olarafiat(f): 8:47am On Jan 26, 2015
oga d9t7 long time no c on this thread
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2015
D9ty7:
Now, holiday don finish, its time to focus 60% on The Thomas while I use the other 40% in writing down my new stories, The second coming..(All in a circle part two) and 1985.... 1987.... 2014(A crime story)
I will try and be consistent with this story, but don't expect a 5-updates per day like we had when All in a circle was running. At least per day, we would get about 2-3updates. Sometimes 4.
Tags: Tiffanyj, TrishaP, Prettydiva89, Lilyomi, Kingphilip, shankies215, Adeh39, macpetrus, Adewealth027, snowhyt, Mma22, Lbotusme, Japhola, Galaxdiva, nick16, hassan85, donPhil, stuff46, tecno4life, onemansquad, Psalmwise and others.
THE THOMAS IS BACK!!!
5 update or no 5 update we are happy to read
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2015
Iam right behind you bro,
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 9:55am On Jan 26, 2015
olarafiat:
oga d9ty7 long time no c on this thread
abeg shift make I sit down near u

oga d9ty7 welcome back to THE THOMAS
I'm sure it'll be a great ride afterall

keep up the good work boss u always Rock

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.