Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! (6779 Views)

When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? / Married Zimbabwean Woman And Nigerian Lover Get Stuck During Sex / Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 6:31am On Sep 25, 2014
Gender reassignment is the solution!

Opponents of a man albeit transgender beating women are beinj called intolerant grin grin

Opinions......

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/transgender-female-boxer-gives-female-opponent-concussion-breaks-her-eye-so

[size=18pt]Transgender mixed martial arts (MMA) competitor Fallon Fox is facing new criticisms after breaking the eye socket of his last opponent.
[/size]

On Saturday, Fox defeated Tamikka Brents by TKO at 2:17 of the first round of their match. In addition to the damaged orbital bone that required seven staples, Brents received a concussion. In a post-fight interview this week, she told Whoa TV that "I've never felt so overpowered ever in my life."

“I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because [he] was born a man or not, because I’m not a doctor,” she stated. “I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life, and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right. ”

His “grip was different,” she added. “I could usually move around in the clinch against...females but couldn’t move at all in Fox’s clinch.”

Fox's gender controversy is not new. In March 2013, after a 39-second knockout victory, it was revealed that Fox had not told the MMA community about his sex-change operation, which took place in 2006. That bout was the fifth straight first-round victory for the then-37-year old Fox, including his three amateur bouts, and his second victory as a professional fighter.

A video of the Brents fight taken by a ringside fan shows Fox throwing several powerful knees to the face and torso of Brents at the start of the match, who pulled guard to protect herself. Soon, Brents turned her back to avoid damage, where she took approximately 45 seconds of elbow and fist strikes – many blocked by her hands and arms – before the referee stopped the fight.

Critics of Fox abound, especially in light of the Brents fight. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) female champ Ronda Rousey told TMZ that while she would fight Fox, allowing transgender men to fight is "a case-by-case scenario."

"I feel like, if you already go through puberty as a man, that's something you can't really reverse," said Rousey, who said that it "would be fine" if a boy who was on hormone therapy to become a woman prior to puberty wanted to fight as a woman.

Because Fox had transgender surgery so late in life, however, Rousey said that he shouldn't fight women.

Likewise, last year, UFC announcer Joe Rogan made his opinion unambiguously and graphically clear, saying on his podcast that a transgendered man would "have all the bone structure that comes with” being a man. “You have bigger hands, you have bigger shoulder joints."

Speaking to LifeSiteNews, military veteran Jeff Nader, who has fought for UFC competitor Bellator, said that “Fallon Fox has had the benefits of being a man for most of his life. [He has] bone density, muscle mass, and other physical benefits that one gets from being a man. You can't have that, and then make a minor adjustment -- basically, a cosmetic adjustment -- and suddenly claim to be a woman."

"Nothing can take away from the fact that you are physically a man. Mentally and emotionally, who knows -- but physically, he's a man."

Nader said that Fox's loss to a woman earlier this year "doesn't matter." He told LifeSiteNews that "I am 220 pounds right now, and there are some women who would beat me in a grappling match because they have better technique. But that's in grappling, which doesn't involve striking. My wife has beaten several men in regulated grappling matches, but when you involve striking, that changes the equation. The physicality involved in MMA, including brute strength, changes the equation."

Combat sambo practitioner and former amateur boxer Brian Ledoux was likewise critical of Fox's decision to compete, saying that "I do not think a transgender male should be able to fight in female sports. I consider myself to be socially liberal on most subjects, but not when it comes to this scenario."

"In my opinion, when it comes to something like combat sports there is a clear physical advantage a transgender male could have over a female fighter. This is coming from my basic understanding of the physiological difference between the sexes,” Ledoux said. “These advantages create a uneven playing field in a sport that is already dealing with things like PED abuse, blood doping, etc."

"While I respect an individual’s rights to live their own life," Ledoux told LifeSiteNews, "I think in the case of MMA and combat sports a clear line should be drawn."

Fox has received support from some quarters, including from the first openly homosexual UFC fighter, Liz Carmouche. After Fox's surgery became public, Carmouche told the homosexual advocacy site GLAAD that "the MMA community – people who work in the gyms, the trainers and sparring partners and the fans – all openly embraced me as an athlete and I’m proud to see that also happening with a transgender athlete."

Carmouche said, “If a world-regarded respected body like the Nevada Athletic Commission licenses her as a female competitor, and says she has no performance advantage, then that should be good enough for everyone."

After Fox's past was revealed, Championship Fighting Alliance women’s tournament was canceled in support of Fox, who was under a great deal of pressure at the time because he had falsely claimed the California boxing commission had approved her fighting license. Fox says the misunderstanding -- Fox's application was being considered in California -- was accidental.

In an interview with "Inside MMA," Fallon said that "I don’t believe that a transgender fighter should have to disclose her personal medical history to other female fighters before they fight. It’s simply for the reason the medical community and the scientific community have come to the consensus that post-operative transsexual fighters who have been on hormone-replacement therapy and testosterone suppression, when they’re going from male to female, haven’t been found to have any physiological advantages over other women.”

Fox also said that some women who don't want to fight him may choose that path because they "might be a hate-filled person" or "have a bias." He said that "I don't want to fight those people, anyways, because they're scared.” He wants to fight someone who will fight "aggressively."

One fighter who did try to be aggressive was Brents. Her conclusion is that Fox shouldn't fight with women. “Any other job or career I say have a go at it, but when it comes to a combat sport I think it just isn’t fair. At least not until we have more scientific proof that it is or isn’t fair. More research is needed for sure."

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 25, 2014

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 25, 2014
OK. All I can say is that a society that allows a man to undergo sex change to female, should also allow them to participate in combat sport against their 'fellow women'.

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 8:38am On Sep 25, 2014
Donpeey anybody can do what they want with their bodies. Shikena
But harming others is against the law and that what this man here has done.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2014

In an interview with "Inside MMA," Fallon said that "I don’t believe that a transgender fighter should have to disclose her personal medical history to other female fighters before they fight. It’s simply for the reason the medical community and the scientific community have come to the consensus that post-operative transsexual fighters who have been on hormone-replacement therapy and testosterone suppression, when they’re going from male to female, haven’t been found to have any physiological advantages over other women.”
Does the hormone replacement therapy affect the natural bone density of men?

I just see folks who are so eager to pass of the whole trangender thing as extremely successful.
But truth is that it isn't.
Down to his very core,a man will always be a man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by MizMyColi(f): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2014
undecided
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 9:12am On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy:
Does the hormone replacement therapy affect the natural bone density of men?

I just see folks who are so eager to pass of the whole trangender thing as extremely successful.
But truth is that it isn't.
Down to his very core,a man will always be a man.

Are u aware that gender is being perceived as different from sex in the West
One can be female inside but was born in a man;s body..

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: Donpeey anybody can do what they want with their bodies. Shikena

Lol. But 'he/she' did not just harm her. It was a competition which they both willingly got into.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by crackhaus: 10:30am On Sep 25, 2014
All I can see is two women fighting, what exactly is the problem again?
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by crackhaus: 10:40am On Sep 25, 2014

What law are you referring to exactly?

That sport is recognized by 'law', the 'woman' you deliberately referred to as 'man' has already been granted permission to fight as a 'woman' by the same law.

So what harm was done that isn't usual for a sport like that between two people certified as equal competitors by whatever board is in charge?
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 10:43am On Sep 25, 2014
The fault lies with the board.
What law?
There's no law against trying to pass off as a woman I guess.
But deliberately ignoring the fact that you were born physically stronger while engaging in a combat with someone who's physically weaker than one should be against the law.

I bet they'll review trans sports guidelines and ethics after this incident.
crackhaus:

That sport is recognized by 'law', the 'woman' you deliberately referred to as 'man' has already been granted permission to fight as a 'woman' by the same law.

So what harm was done that isn't usual for a sport like that between two people certified as equal competitors by whatever board is in charge?

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 10:45am On Sep 25, 2014
Willingly because the woman may not have known her competitor used to be a man.
If she knew,would she have continued?
I doubt that.
That's why her willingness is not a guarantee here.
donpeey22: Lol. But 'he/she' did not just harm her. It was a competition which they both willingly got into.

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by TV01(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2014
Morning Pickabeau....errr which of the [s]two men in the picture used to be a woman[/s]? Sorry two women used to be a man grin!

I have confuse!

TV

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

Are u aware that gender is being perceived as different from sex in the West
One can be female inside but was born in a man;s body..

Yes. Gender a thing of the mind. Sex a thing of the body.
Be that as it may,
For someone who was born in 'the wrong body' for want of a better word,if they chose to have a sex change,wouldn't it be fair to at least inform those who'll be dealing with them in specific areas such as marriage or sports that they used to belong to a different sex?

Take that man that married a fellow man for example. For 21yrs he lived with another man while thinking he was female.

In his words 'I feel I've been molested all my life'
Of course the court moved to dissolve the marriage.

While no one should stand in their way when they want to change their sex,they shouldn't decieve others

This is pure deception.

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2014
donpeey22: Lol. But 'he/she' did not just harm her. It was a competition which they both willingly got into.
Bia, ...Donpeey22, o di ka ibu onye oru-nwanyi embarassed tongue grin sad
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by 5minsmadness: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2014

MAN? Or Woman grin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by crackhaus: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: The fault lies with the board.
What law?
There's no law against trying to pass off as a woman I guess.
But deliberately ignoring the fact that you were born physically stronger while engaging in a combat with someone who's physically weaker than one should be against the law.

I bet they'll review trans sports guidelines and ethics after this incident.
Technicalities my dear, technicalities.

You already said whatever a person chooses to do with his/her body is their business, glad you think this way because that's what America believes as well.
The direct result of this however, is that for any person who undergoes a sex change/gender reassignment surgery, he/she becomes associated with the new gender for all intents and purposes ...and as such, also recognized legally under the law.
Whether she was born physically stronger or not is nothing but a mere technicality.

But saying that Fox should be prosecuted for causing harm is unfounded, else we can as well say Mike Tyson should be prosecuted for biting off a piece of Holyfield's ear... grin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 11:19am On Sep 25, 2014
Following this line of thought,the man who married another man shouldn't be taken to court? If you had a wife for 10yrs and couldn't have a child all that while only to discover that it is because your wife is in DEED a co-husband, would you accept a ruling that states as long as the man had a sex change,it is accepctable for all intents and purposes?

You call them technicalities but they fact is that they should be taken into consideration.
They have the right to do what they want with their bodies but they do not have the right to mess with other people's lives.

I don't want to get in the way of anyone's plastic surgery but they shouldn't get in the way of my not wanting to fight with a man.

Those bodies may not want to deal with the backlash of angst from the million and one movements for gay,lesbian and transgender rights hence their okaying the fight.

crackhaus:
Technicalities my dear, technicalities.

You already said whatever a person chooses to do with his/her body is her business, glad you think this way because that's what America believes as well.
The direct result of this however, is that for any person who undergoes a sex change/gender reassignment surgery, he/she becomes associated with the new gender for all intents and purposes ...and as such, also recognized legally under the law.
Whether she was born physically stronger or not is nothing but a mere technicality.

The body in charge of ethics responsible for the fight already knew about the sex change, they approved the fight.
But saying this Fox should be prosecuted for causing harm is unfounded, else we can as well say Mike Tyson should be prosecuted for biting off a piece of Holyfield's ear... grin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by 5minsmadness: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2014
The whole thing was fun to read but very very confusing sad angry wink cheesy grin grin embarassed smiley angry
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 11:22am On Sep 25, 2014
Fun for you because a woman was beat up huh? angry

5minsmadness: The whole thing was fun to read but very very confusing sad angry wink cheesy grin grin embarassed smiley angry
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2014
chimkaire: Bia, ...Donpeey22, o di ka ibu onye oru-nwanyi embarassed tongue grin sad
Lol. nne m abuo kwa m onye oru-nwanyi, kama na abu m onye ezi okwu. grin grin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by 5minsmadness: 11:27am On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: Fun for you because a woman was beat up huh? angry

Yes, and by another Woman nonetheless grin

But this just goes to show what I've been preaching for ages...
These white folk are CRAZY angry

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 11:32am On Sep 25, 2014
Sadist angry
5minsmadness:
Yes, and by another Woman nonetheless grin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: Willingly because the woman may not have known her competitor used to be a man.
I doubt that.
I am sure she knew about his gender change before the competition. BTW, lorrie , put back that you pic, u hia?
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2014
donpeey22: Lol. nne m abuo kwa m onye oru-nwanyi, kama na abu m onye ezi okwu. grin grin
sad

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 11:44am On Sep 25, 2014
I'm not sure she knew.

What pic? My DP?
Ok. Later smiley
donpeey22: I am sure she knew about his gender change before the competition. BTW, lorrie , put back that you pic, u hia?

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by crackhaus: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: Following this line of thought,the man who married another man shouldn't be taken to court? If you had a wife for 10yrs and couldn't have a child all that while only to discover that it is because your wife is in DEED a co-husband, would you accept a ruling that states as long as the man had a sex change,it is accepctable for all intents and purposes?

You call them technicalities but they fact is that they should be taken into consideration.
They have the right to do what they want with their bodies but they do not have the right to mess with other people's lives.

I don't want to get in the way of anyone's plastic surgery but they shouldn't get in the way of my not wanting to fight with a man.

Those bodies may not want to deal with the backlash of angst from the million and one movements for gay,lesbian and transgender rights hence their okaying the fight.

Is there anywhere in the article where the injured fighter(Tamikka Brents) say she didn't know of Foxs' sex change before the fight?

Another fighter said this:
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) female champ Ronda Rousey told TMZ that while she would fight Fox, allowing transgender men to fight is "a case-by-case scenario."

Clearly, they already know about the sex-change thing...and like I said before, the reasons for allowing/disallowing a fight with her are mere technicalities @emboldened.
No one is deceiving anyone is what I'm trying to point out.

Alternatively, If you're now saying that the people who let the she-male fight only did it to avoid backlash, then we can't blame Fallon Fox for anything.
If we are to cast blames, it should be on the system that gives people the right to do with their bodies what they deem fit: Gays, Lesbians, Transgenders, Abortionists, etc.

Maybe now you can see that most of these movements while looking progressive, contemporary, and modern on the outside, actually cause more harm than they would like to admit.
This includes Feminism, pun intended... tongue gringrin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
Is throwing the baby away with the bath water the next logical solution?

even if such movements have their downsides,is regulation worse than total annihilation of such movements?

For example in Nigeria where gays can be mobbed to death by an irate group,can you say a movement for their rights does more harm than one or two gays misusing the benefits of the movement?

Same as feminism.
Would you consider a movement for the actualizing equal rightts for women worse than a few women misusing the benefits of the movement?

Funny I knew it would be just a matter of time before someone mentions feminism grin
I think there a thread going on for that already on front page.
Let's not derail this one.

crackhaus:
Is there anywhere in the article where the injured fighter (Tamikka Brents) say she didn't know of Foxs' sex change before the fight?

Another fighter said this:

Clearly, they already know about the sex-change thing...and like I said before, the reasons for allowing/disallowing a fight with her are mere technicalities @emboldened.
No one is deceiving anyone is what I'm trying to point out.

Alternatively, If you're now saying that the people who let the she-male fight only did it to avoid backlash, then we can't blame Fallon Fox for anything.
If we are to cast blames, it should be on the system that gives people the right to do with their bodies what they deem fit: Gays, Lesbians, Transgenders, Abortionists, etc.

Maybe now you can see that most of these movements while looking progressive, contemporary, and modern on the outside, actually cause more harm than they would like to admit.
This includes Feminism, pun intended... tongue gringrin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy:
Yes. Gender a thing of the mind. Sex a thing of the body.
Be that as it may,
For someone who was born in 'the wrong body' for want of a better word,if they chose to have a sex change,wouldn't it be fair to at least inform those who'll be dealing with them in specific areas such as marriage or sports that they used to belong to a different sex?

Take that man that married a fellow man for example. For 21yrs he lived with another man while thinking he was female.

In his words 'I feel I've been molested all my life'
Of course the court moved to dissolve the marriage.

While no one should stand in their way when they want to change their sex,they shouldn't decieve others

This is pure deception.

I dont get your particular point on where the deception is

Are u saying that the fact she/he did not inform the MMA he was once a man is the deception

OR

The fact that he was once a man is the deception
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
crackhaus:

exactly i dont get her grouse.. she is ok with transgender but is not ok with them fighting in whichever category they choose to based on their current gender

cococandy: Willingly because the woman may not have known her competitor used to be a man.
I doubt that.

Did you read the post at all

She knew he was once a man... so whats your point
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
And where is the picture TV is talking about? angry
I like to see strong women undecided
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Morning... Iwas with my mobile earlier and could not get more pics

Behold the transgender warrior known as Fallon Fox

I have to say he/she is attractive...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Nn18R7JCjCs/UUzAMdCsONI/AAAAAAAADWw/FOiBFAYKJiQ/s1600/Fallon+Fox.jpg[/img]

TV01: Morning Pickabeau....errr which of the [s]two men in the picture used to be a woman[/s]? Sorry two women used to be a man grin!

I have confuse!

TV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cousin's Too Close? / Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? / Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.