Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! (6784 Views)

When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? / Married Zimbabwean Woman And Nigerian Lover Get Stuck During Sex / Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
I read the post. You so love to misinform.
No where did it say she knew before the fight that her opponent was born a man.
Even the MMA wasn't aware.

I wonder where your glee is coming from.
That a woman got beat up?
Your topic says it all even. undecided

And no I didn't say anything about being ok or not ok with transgenders. simply because it is not my place to be ok or not with what anyone wants to do with their bodies.
Not anyone's business.

But when they want to do something to someone else,then it becomes other people's business.

pickabeau1:

exactly i dont get her grouse.. she is ok with transgender but is not ok with them fighting in whichever category they choose to based on their current gender

Did you read the post at all

She knew he was once a man... so whats your point
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
I ask again.. where is the deception you are referring to

You ar free to ascribe any motives to the post - your prerogative

However I find your posts inconsistent

You are ok with transgender but not happy she is fighting as a female? undecided

cococandy: I read the post. You so love to misinform.
No where did it say she knew before the fight that her opponent was born a man.
Even the MMA wasn't aware.

I wonder where your glee is coming from.
That a woman got beat up?
Your topic says it all even. undecided
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
@pick-a-boo-boo, can I get the phone numbers of any of those chics? cheesy wink
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1: I ask again.. where is the deception you are referring to

You ar free to ascribe any motives to the post - your prerogative

However I find your posts inconsistent

You are ok with transgender but not happy she is fighting as a female? undecided

If her opponent didn't know she was born male and as such not a fair match,then it is deceptive.
It can't be that hard to understand undecided

Who says I'm ok with transgender?
Misinterpret much?
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by crackhaus: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy:
Is throwing the baby away with the bath water the next logical solution?

even if such movements have their downsides,is regulation worse than total annihilation of such movements?

For example in Nigeria where gays can be mobbed to death by an irate group,can you say a movement for their rights does more harm than one or two gays misusing the benefits of the movement?

Same as feminism.
Would you consider a movement for the actualizing equal rightts for women worse than a few women misusing the benefits of the movement?

Funny I knew it would be just a matter of time before someone mentions feminism grin
I think there a thread going on for that already on front page.
Let's not derail this one.

I only mentioned feminism on my last line as a deliberate pun, you replied and dwelt on it in almost every part of your post...you're the one derailing tongue
You didn't deal with the other parts of my post, therefore I believe you're in agreement sort of.

She is legally a woman, she is allowed to fight as a woman, fellow female fighters already know she was once a man, the board in charge thus allows her to contest in the female category as a woman.
No deception, no crime...just a fight gone bad between two 'women'.

Are you in agreement?
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
This was your first statement
anybody can do what they want with their bodies. Shikena
You also said u were aware gender and sex are two different things.. or are u backtracking?

What is ur opinion on transgender

cococandy:
If her opponent didn't know she was born male and as such not a fair match,then it is deceptive.
It can't be that hard to understand undecided

Who says I'm ok with transgender?
Misinterpret much?
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Truckpusher(m): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: Donpeey anybody can do what they want with their bodies. Shikena
But harming others is against the law and that what this man here has done.

The topic didn't say she was harmed in any manner,it was a fight and it was a sports event and the he-she won not after pummeling her like a bag of garri grin

Like someone rightly said it was a lot easier when we had two genders yet some people will scream equality.
Equal rights,yes but equality no way.
The difference is clear.
Oya make una fight una fellow woman tongue

1 Like

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
she is the same person in all d images

Look well

alutacontinua: @pick-a-boo-boo, can I get the phone numbers of any of those chics? cheesy wink
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by rotwailler(m): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
MTN Bundle plans

250mb....300
500mb.....600
1gig.....1200
5gig.....6000
10gig.....12k

whatsapp me on 07066586998
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Shirley07: 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

I dont get your particular point on where the deception is

Are u saying that the fact she/he did not inform the MMA he was once a man is the deception

OR

The fact that he was once a man is the deception

I wonder if you read the article you posted before you posted this.
According to that article, MMA didn't know about fox's sex change until 2013, that was after he's been certified.
You can also read where Bent said she doesn't have problem with having to fight transgenders but only those that had their sex change before puberty. She probably didn't know it wasn't the case with Fox.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1: This was your first statement
You also said u were aware gender and sex are two different things

What is ur opinion on transgender

Yes anyone can do what they want with their bodies. Who says I've to be ok with it?
Recognizing that I don't have a say in what anyone wants to do with their body makes it easier for me to deal with seeing such things happen.

I don't consider gender and sex to be different. I only said I recognize that some people do.
For me being born in a male body or female body makes one inherently so.
But I recognize the fact that there's a different school of thought.

I don't have opinions about transgender folks.I don't understand how someone born female will think she's male inside.so I can't have an opinion on something I don't know how it feels.
But I respect their feelings and will regard them the way they want to be regarded.

Only that I'm not gay. So if a man who used to be woman decieves me into a relationship,I'll be mighty pissed. Or woman who used to be man comes to compete with me in a fight,I'll see it as deceptive.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
Shirley07:
I wonder if you read the article you posted before you post this.
According to that article, MMA didn't know about fox's sex change until 2013, that was after he's been certified.
You can also read where Bent said she doesn't have problem with having to fight transgenders but they have to be those that did their sex change before puberty. She probably didn't know it wasn't the case with Fox.

I did..

Brent knew she was fighting a woman who had once been a man.. the fight was recent
She has been licensed to fight in the female MMA
What u are expressing is Brents opinion

The law is clear

Fallon Fox is a woman whether she did her sex change before or after puberty
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by crackhaus: 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1: Morning... Iwas with my mobile earlier and could not get more pics

Behold the transgender warrior known as Fallon Fox

I have to say he/she is attractive...

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Nn18R7JCjCs/UUzAMdCsONI/AAAAAAAADWw/FOiBFAYKJiQ/s1600/Fallon+Fox.jpg[/img]

Oh damn, by my honour I would never suspect this person to be once a man...see fine specimen grin

But God please never let me come in contact with a sexy fine thing like this who was once a man...I beg you lord in the name of your beloved son crycry
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
How does this even make sense?
angry
Someone grew up a man,so because he feels he's feminine and had a sex change to boot,means all the internal manliness he aquired while growing up doesn't matter anymore when he's fighting a woman?

I'm still re-reading the thread to see what equality has to do with the topic
Truckpusher: The topic didn't say she was harmed in any manner,it was a fight and it was a sports event and the he-she won not after pummeling her like a bag of garri grin

Like someone rightly said it was a lot easier when we had two genders yet some people will scream equality.
The difference is clear.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by TV01(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
This kind of gender based confusion is not new. Google Chloie Jonnson, a Crossfit athlete who sued for not being allowed to compete as a woman.

It's just odd, confusing and frankly a little bit sick. And I speak as one who really appreciates fit - as in athlectic, sporty - women.

TV

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
I say Amen, Bro
Amen

crackhaus:
Oh damn, by my honour I would never suspect this person to be once a man...see fine specimen grin
But God please never let me come in contact with a sexy fine thing like this who was once a man...I beg you lord in the name of your beloved son crycry

Now your post is clear. The deception is not letting people know she was once a man but that she is fighting in the female MMA category

Well.. i get your points and im sympathethic to it however the fact is that gender and sex have been excised from each other (science?) grin grin

You could be a man who is living in a womans body.. who knows tongue tongue

Fallon Fox was born a ma but says she was a always a woman inside
She was able to do gender reassignment
The law allow it.
She wants to fight. she has to fight in the female MMA

Youstill miss d point.. her opponent knew she was once a man..... You get?
Fallon fox is even complaining of discrimation

cococandy:

Yes anyone can do what they want with their bodies. Who says I've to be ok with it?
Recognizing that I don't have a say in what anyone wants to do with their body makes it easier for me to deal with seeing such things happen.

I don't consider gender and sex to be different. I only said I recognize that some people do.

I don't have opinions about transgender folks.I don't understand how someone born female will think she's male inside.so I can't have an opinion on something I don't know how it feels.
But I respect their feelings and will regard them the way they want to be regarded.

Only that I'm not gay. So if a man who used to be woman decieves me into a relationship,I'll be mighty pissed. Or woman who used to be man comes to compete with me in a fight,I'll see it as deceptive.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
I've seen sexier ones wink wink
Can you beat this?
Same person
crackhaus:

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by jaybee3(m): 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
phew
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by crackhaus: 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
Shirley07:
I wonder if you read the article you posted before you posted this.
You can also read where Bent said she doesn't have problem with having to fight transgenders but only those that had their sex change before puberty. She probably didn't know it wasn't the case with Fox.
Are we in the year 2013? This fight just occurred.

Between March 2013 and now, don't you think the MMA would have banned her from fighting women?
Also, wouldn't the news about her sex-change scandal already be known to all prospective opponents of hers including but not limited to Brents who had her occipital bone messed up?
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by TV01(m): 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy:

And a stance that is true to conservative instincts mixed with liberal values. Deftly worded.

The problem is that those of us who don't agree with such - transgender competing, "gay marriage" etc. - will be labelled bigots and forced to endorse and support it.

So for example a baker will have to bake cakes celebrating SSM and a photographer forced to cover "gay weddings". Your position is workable as a "live and let live" proposition, but that is not enough fo rthese lbbies. You have to endorse, if not outright celebrate.

I do like a fit chick sha!

TV

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
@ pickabeau,going by this thread alone,it wasn t indicated that his opponet knew BEFORE the fight.
Unless there's another article explaining that.
Even then,if she knew it before hand,her accepting to fight would be because of the misleading conclusion that a transgender man is a woman through and through.
I guess now she knows better.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by Shirley07: 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

I did..

Brent knew she was fighting a woman who had once been a man.. the fight was recent
She has been licensed to fight in the female MMA
What u are expressing is Brents opinion

The law is clear

Fallon Fox is a woman whether she did her sex change before or after puberty

Before or after the MMA were aware she was a man? That's where your logic is flawed.
Also, competitor should be informed about their opponent before they stepped into the ring. I'm quite sure the MMA will have a review of the whole thing after the incidence.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
crackhaus:
Are we in the year 2013? This fight just occurred.

Between March 2013 and now, don't you think the MMA would have banned her from fighting women?
Also, wouldn't the news about her sex-change scandal already be known to all prospective opponents of hers including but not limited to Brents who had her occipital bone messed up?

You dey mind her.. if she did not do that, it is not shirley

TV01:
And a stance that is true to conservative instincts mixed with liberal values. Deftly worded.
The problem is that those of us who don;t agree with such - transgender competing, "gay marriage" etc. - will be labelled bigots and forced to endorse and support it.
So for example a baker will have to bake cakes celebrating SSM and a photographer forced to cover "gay weddings". Your position is workable as a "live and let live" proposition, but that is not enough fo rthese lbbies. You have to endorse, if not outright celebrate.
TV

Very deftly worded... you noticed too
I dont care about what people do with their bodies yet concerned if they act out within the parameters of their new body
coco of the all is fair in love fame wink grin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by crackhaus: 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: I've seen sexier ones wink wink
Can you beat this?
Same person
Lol...

Cococandy I rebuke you in the name of God.
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: @ pickabeau,going by this thread alone,it wasn t indicated that his opponet knew BEFORE the fight.
Even then,if she knew it before hand,her accepting to fight would be because of the misleading conclusion that a transgender man is a woman through and through.

If u read the original post you and shirley07 will not be going this line
Let me quote for two of u

She is saying even though she has disclosed below she does not even see the reason
She has always been a woman and will always be

Note this type gender reassignment she did is irrevoicable as she has cut off her deek lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

After Fox's past was revealed, Championship Fighting Alliance women’s tournament was canceled in support of Fox, who was under a great deal of pressure at the time because he had falsely claimed the California boxing commission had approved her fighting license. Fox says the misunderstanding -- Fox's application was being considered in California -- was accidental.

In an interview with "Inside MMA," Fallon said that "I don’t believe that a transgender fighter should have to disclose her personal medical history to other female fighters before they fight. It’s simply for the reason the medical community and the scientific community have come to the consensus that post-operative transsexual fighters who have been on hormone-replacement therapy and testosterone suppression, when they’re going from male to female, haven’t been found to have any physiological advantages over other women.”

Fox also said that some women who don't want to fight him may choose that path because they "might be a hate-filled person" or "have a bias." He said that "I don't want to fight those people, anyways, because they're scared.” He wants to fight someone who will fight "aggressively."

One fighter who did try to be aggressive was Brents. Her conclusion is that Fox shouldn't fight with women. “Any other job or career I say have a go at it, but when it comes to a combat sport I think it just isn’t fair. At least not until we have more scientific proof that it is or isn’t fair. More research is needed for sure."

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
That's the problem.
I was saying it on another thread. Aren't they stepping on our own right by forcing us to participate in celebrating them?

I mean you can be gay all you want and I won't insult or ridicule you but you're going that extra ridiculous mile if you expect me to be the minister at your wedding.

Which is what most of them do and I think it is wrong.they want to be let live but won't let others live. Some of them though.
TV01:

The problem is that those of us who don;t agree with such - transgender competing, "gay marriage" etc. - will be labelled bigots and forced to endorse and support it.

TV
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by TV01(m): 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Shirley07:
Before or after the MMA were aware she was a man? That's where your logic is flawed.
Also, competitor should be informed about their opponent before they stepped into the ring. I'm quite sure the MMA will have a review of the whole thing after the incidence.

cococandy: @ pickabeau,going by this thread alone,it wasn t indicated that his opponet knew BEFORE the fight.

Long short is that she was MMA board licenced to compete as a woman. That satisfies. Legally it's no ones business that she used to be a he. And contrary thought or utterances will be classified as bigotry.

Any born female competitor who refuses to face a trans oponent wil be labelled hateful and bigoted. Any board that tries to make the distinction - i.e. discriminate - will be targetted and lobbied against.

It's here already

TV
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by pickabeau1: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
cococandy: That's the problem.
I was saying it on another thread. Aren't they stepping on our own right by forcing us to participate in celebrating them?

I mean you can be gay all you want and I won't insult or ridicule you but you're going that extra ridiculous mile if you expect me to be the minister at your wedding.

Which is what most of them do and I think it is wrong.they want to be let live but won't let others live. Some of them though.

Im gay
Im a christian
I want to marry my bf
You say u will not officiate my wedding
U r a bigot

coco.. are u a closet bigot undecided tongue

TV01:
Long short is that she was MMA board licenced to compete as a woman. That satisfies. Legally it's no ones business that she used to be a he. And contrary thought or utterances will be classified as bigotry.
Any born female competitor who refuses to face a trans oponent wil be labelled hateful and bigoted. Any board that tries to make the distinction - i.e. discriminate - will be targetted and lobbied against.
It's here already
TV

I wonder why they been missing the forest for the trees saying she did not disclose her past
what matters is now
shes a woman
finis
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by 5minsmadness: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1: Morning... Iwas with my mobile earlier and could not get more pics

Behold the transgender warrior known as Fallon Fox

I have to say he/she is attractive...

shocked shocked shocked

for goodness sake there's a bulge in those pants! shocked

Honestly I don't know why but I've been laughing since I opened this thread grin grin grin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
You're deliberatly not getting me.
I know.
If their acting out affects the next person,is still ok then?
Whatever they do as long as it doesn't affect the next person negatively,I don't care.
But when it does,then they have to answer for it.
pickabeau1:

Very deftly worded... you noticed too
I dont care about what people do with their bodies yet concerned if they act out within the parameters of their new body
coco of the all is fair in love fame wink grin
Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by cococandy(f): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
All this is new and at the stage where everyone is being careful to avoid bashing from theirs supporters' club. But I believe once enough deliberations and proof that they are still physically advantaged over natural born females is established,those guidelines will be reviewed. And it won't be mistaken for hate rather common sense.
TV01:

It's here already

TV

Re: Beat A Woman And Be Praised For It!! by bukatyne(f): 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
Truckpusher: The topic didn't say she was harmed in any manner,it was a fight and it was a sports event and the he-she won not after pummeling her like a bag of garri grin

The difference is clear.

Bros no vex

What has equality/inequality got to do with transgenders?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Bodybuilders And Muscle-bound Guys Attached To Negativity In Nigeria / Sex Before Marriage Does It Help? / Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.