Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman (12155 Views)

16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by omega25red(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2008
I have seen so many topics on this site regarding how much men make and why women would or wouldn't date them. I ask all the men on this site and i would like the women to put them selves in a man's shoes : Would you date or marry a poor woman?

If a woman wouldn't marry a poor man, should a rich man marry a poor woman?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by sistawoman: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2008
If i was a man no i would not marry a poor woman if i was rich.

I believe that men and women should be evenly yoked when they marry.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by tope2000(f): 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2008
Poor people shudnt be marrying each other angry
Rich people shhudnt be marrying each other angry
Rich shud marry poor, in order to circulate the wealth abeg cool
Why shud the poor be getting poorer n the rich be getting richer
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by MrCrackles(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2008
tope2000:

Rich should marry poor, in order to circulate the wealth abeg cool
Why should the poor be getting poorer n the rich be getting richer

chei, madam philosopher! grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by igwe11(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2008
tope2000:

Rich should marry poor, in order to circulate the wealth abeg cool
Why should the poor be getting poorer n the rich be getting richer
good talk!!
Is better to marry poor humble girl than to marry rich boss girl. You will get your respect and peace of mind with poor families than rich ones.
Though it all depends on love else one of the parties is a gold digger./
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by tope2000(f): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2008
igwe 1:

good talk!!
Is better to marry poor humble girl than to marry rich boss girl. You will get your respect and peace of mind with poor families than rich ones.
Though it all depends on love else one of the parties is a gold digger./

Excatly, most rich girls are very annoying n spoilt n not all of them make a good housewife cool - too lazy to cook or cant even boil water, cant clean the house, cant do anything without househelp. pathetic!

@barsh
Abi na, shey u no gree? grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by MrCrackles(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
tope2000:

@Brash
Abi na, shey u no gree? grin

Yes i actually agree

spread the wealth and love is my motto! wink
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Akinagirl(f): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2008
I believe one should marry whoever they want. Whether rich or poor, it's all a transitory state anyway.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by kokoye(m): 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2008
@ post.

Why not? I aint intested in her money. [s]except it is blocking the way to the 'channel' I so much crave[/s]. grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by untainted: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2008
Akinagirl:

I believe one should marry whoever they want. Whether rich or poor, it's all a transitory state anyway.
i agree with u only i don't know what a[b] transitory state [/b] means
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by omega25red(m): 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2008
i agree that a person should marry who they want but when it comes down to it there are people out there who would only want someone well off. I dont know exactly what the ratio is but it seems like women mostly want a man who is well of but they can't seem to deal with a man who is still building (NOT ALL WOMEN).
How would you feel if you met a guy who is well off but he refuses to commit to you because you are still building your life or maybe because your family is not well off.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by ell77(f): 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2008
tope2000:

Excatly, most rich girls are very annoying n spoilt n not all of them make a good housewife cool - too lazy to cook or can't even boil water, can't clean the house, can't do anything without househelp. pathetic!

I don't agree that most rich girls are too lazy to boil water. Anyways whatever happened to substance i.e. what's in the heart? There are wicked rich and poor women who cook and don't cook. I don't believe money is that important when looking at a wife - character is. But having said that of you have to choose I wouldn't go for poor - why would you go for a woman simply because you think she will be grateful for the acquired wealth - remember human beings are insatiable so its better to deal with a woman who already has money (atleast a little) so that you know she values you for you - if a freak accident happened and you lost ur dough - you know she could not only support the family but would still be there.

Think about it . . .

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2008
Lord, grant me richness in health. . . .
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by JJYOU: 12:24am On Dec 30, 2008
ell77:

I don't agree that most rich girls are too lazy to boil water. Anyways whatever happened to substance i.e. what's in the heart? There are wicked rich and poor women who cook and don't cook. I don't believe money is that important when looking at a wife - character is. But having said that of you have to choose I wouldn't go for poor - why would you go for a woman simply because you think she will be grateful for the acquired wealth - remember human beings are insatiable so its better to deal with a woman who already has money (atleast a little) so that you know she values you for you - if a freak accident happened and you lost ur dough - you know she could not only support the family but would still be there.

Think about it . . .
brilliant mind. i dont know why people link wealth with laziness. you use more strength and brains to make money than stay poor. what is wrong with employing people to cook for you if you can afford it? most of you are employees do u see anything wrong with that? i like that word insatiable. most people wants you to apologise for being blessed. it is notthe money but the voice and character you give your money. if you want wahala, deliberately look for "poor" mentality woman and enjoy.
*Toyinrayo:

Lord, grant me richness in health. . . .

and health i say. what was your old ID ma'am?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Sagamite(m): 12:30am On Dec 30, 2008
If she has:

Succulent D+ boobs
Come-f*ck-me face
M25 curves and hips
Hummer-sized arse
Sexy demeanor

Why not? Why will I give a hoot she is poor?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Busybody2(f): 12:33am On Dec 30, 2008
Sagamite:

If she has:

Succulent D+ boobs
Come-f*ck-me face
M25 curves and hips
Hummer-sized arse
Sexy demeanor

Merry Christmas, be e be tongue I missed you small sha, where have you been cheesy
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Busybody2(f): 12:33am On Dec 30, 2008
@ Topic

Yes, no condition is permanent wink
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 30, 2008
In reality, men shouldn't even be worrying about how poor she is. . . .

I CAN NOT marry a poor man. Period.

JJYOU:

and enjoy.and health i say. what was your old ID ma'am?
Right
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by H2O2: 12:57am On Dec 30, 2008
see misandry o. toyinrayo is a pisogynist LMAO.abi na fisogynist
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 30, 2008
H2O2:

see misandry o. toyinrayo is a pisogynist LMAO.abi na fisogynist
misogynist? undecided Do I sound like I hate women?

Just because I wnt marry poor you? grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by tope2000(f): 1:06am On Dec 30, 2008
Sagamite:

If she has:

Succulent D+ boobs
Come-f*ck-me face
M25 curves and hips
Hummer-sized arse
Sexy demeanor

Tsssk men cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Sagamite(m): 1:38am On Dec 30, 2008
Busy_body:

Merry Christmas, be e be tongue I missed you small sha, where have you been cheesy

Merry Xmas, Auntie me. grin

This nairaland na life-waster. I had to run away from it a while when I say that it was consuming my life.

It has already taken 4 hours from my life today. undecided
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Busybody2(f): 2:03am On Dec 30, 2008
Sagamite:

Merry Xmas, Auntie me. grin

This nairaland na life-waster. I had to run away from it a while when I say that it was consuming my life.

It has already taken 4 hours from my life today. undecided

I tried to stay away too, but i weak small cheesy Hope you had a productive time away from NL sha, and hope the credit crunch no reach ya side grin

lol @ 4 hours cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Treetop20(m): 2:05am On Dec 30, 2008
sure why not
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 30, 2008
Treetop20:

sure why not
cheesy grin cheesy lol, you should NOT have a problem with it
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Treetop20(m): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

cheesy grin cheesy lol, you should NOT have a problem with it

if she's smart and has everything i need in a woman, why not?
we can make the money together wink
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 30, 2008
Treetop20:

if she's smart and has everything i need in a woman, why not?
we can make the money together wink
exactly. . . .
But if a dude is smart and poor, abeg, I no want am.
A working/stable man is better than one that carries a diploma around with debts shackled to his feet.

Generally, men should not worry about it, because they're supposed to be the "captain" (as they scream so on NL) of their woman. If she's poor, why should it really matter since you're the primary source of bacons in the r/ship?

Now if the "captain" of the house is poor, it might generate a big problem, such as disrespect in the r/ship.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Treetop20(m): 2:25am On Dec 30, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

exactly. . . .
A working/stable man is better than one that carries a diploma around with debts shackled to his feet.

Generally, men should not worry about it, because they're supposed to be the "captain" (as they scream so on NL) of their woman. If she's poor, why should it really matter since you're the primary source of bacons in the r/ship?

Now if the "captain" of the house is poor, it might generate a big problem, such as disrespect in the r/ship.

i have to make more money than she does.
i am the provider grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 30, 2008
sad sad marry poor woman for where, God forbid
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 30, 2008
Treetop20:

i have to make more money than she does.
i am the provider grin
exactly. . . .infact take this kiss kiss

jayon:

sad sad marry poor woman for where, God forbid
lmao!!
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by presido1: 2:28am On Dec 30, 2008
*Toyinrayo:

exactly. . . .

Not captain of their woman but his family.

@Topic
Ofcuz, what matters is the love, any relation based on material things don't last long.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Poor Woman by Treetop20(m): 2:30am On Dec 30, 2008
presido1:

Not captain of their woman but his family.

@Topic
Of because, what matters is the love, any relation based on material things don't last long.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / intimate Urge Deminished After Marriagee / What Are Things You Can Do And Cannot Do For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.