Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? (12106 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Guys And Girls: What Is The Right Age To Start Thinking Of Marriage? / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by ayomifull(f): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2007
I was reading an article about a very prominent guy in Nigeria; he is handsome, well educated, rich and prominent, he is about 38 years and not married and i had an arguement with my friend that there must be a 'reason' why at that age with all the luxuries of life available to him he still remain single. But come to think of it is it really possible that an african man and a Nigerian for that matter as describled above will just not be married at that age for no reason as claimed by my friend. Is there a normal approximate age for a man/woman to be married and is it really normal to be single at such age? What do you think?
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by cblow(m): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2007
i think the right age for marriage varies for differnt individuals. i'ld rather describe it than give a number. for a guy, it shld be the age when u can confortably provide for yourself, before you take someones daughter into your house to subject to suffering in the name of love. and for the lady, it shld be the age when u can properly take care of yourself before taking on the task of taking care of another person.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by Busta(f): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2007
c_blow:

i think the right age for marriage varies for differnt individuals. i'ld rather describe it than give a number. for a guy, it shld be the age when u can confortably provide for yourself, before you take someones daughter into your house to subject to suffering in the name of love. and for the lady, it shld be the age when u can properly take care of yourself before taking on the task of taking care of another person.

well put. I like that
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by cblow(m): 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2007
thanks busta cool grin
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by tupix(m): 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2007
32yrs is good for a guy that have achieved standard things in life.

24-28 good for responsible Babe.

Anything after this age depend on some other things, e.g. late education, financial matters and other things to think of.

But remember God's time is the best.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by sod4luv(m): 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2007
c_blow:

U're Rightee Man!
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by kojeiwa(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2007
I think 30-32 age is good for a guy and 24-28 for a lady, like tupix said, it depend on other factors.

ADVICE PLEASE

I am 29 and she is 22. I am pretty much ready to settle down and she is not. Been dating

each other for 4 months now and i really like her and and she claim the same for me.

She said maybe in 3 years, because she said she has to pursue other things for now before wanting

to settle down. Would it make sense to wait for her?
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by slinkky(m): 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2007
Iam 25 and will not marry before 35, but i dont think this should be the same for everybody.It should depend on the individuals choice,but the fundamental should be the individuals love for the partner, his maturity mentally and financial security
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by choco4life(m): 7:28pm On Nov 07, 2007
To me 26years is ideal for a guy to get settled, 24 for a lady is just perfect.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by mip(f): 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2007
26, 0r 24 God's time is the best.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by tommyex(m): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2007
Its not the age that matters,its the maturity.
Esp for a guy,because at times the man is to do most decision making in the housesome guys mature at the age of 35 while some at the age of 22,
Meanwhile you can marry at any age,but not all marriages are joyous.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by fesse(f): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2007

well said man!!!
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by achinu(m): 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2007
There's not an age requirement to settle down & be married. Both parties involved have to be ready, even it means marrying at an older age! We need to stop letting society & dictate what's right or wrong for us as individuals. I think the poster is was referring to the Nigeria's new senate president! Abi she wan toast the fine boy!! lol cool cool
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by FactorChic(f): 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2007
It depends, it the guy is 27 and he has a steady job, with good pay, why not? but u're 27 and u still dey waka street with bathroom slippers, Don't even think of it, it's still better on d Lady's side, even d husband might nmot want her to work, na most Africans dey see am as a bad thign when a lady is in her mid twenties and she's not married, if u never find d right person, u go kill urself?

guy wey don reach 38 and he never marry, he must be gay! lol grin grin
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by dremoney(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2007
achinu:

There's not an age requirement to settle down & be married. Both parties involved have to be ready, even it means marrying at an older age! We need to stop letting society & dictate what's right or wrong for us as individuals. I think the poster is was referring to the Nigeria's new senate president! Abi she wan toast the fine boy!! lol cool cool

lol,

its not the senate president,its the new speaker of the house of reps.

@topic,

Make God bless Man.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by ayomifull(f): 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2007
@ Achinu read my profile man, i am happily and childrenly married so not trying to toast anyone. Just want to know if its possible under normal circumstances for a man who is very comfortable, i mean comfortable in all aspect of it at 28 to still remain single at 38 for no just reason. If the person has enough education, good background, good job, good exposure, good looks and so so so so and decide to remain single do you think there may be a secret reason behind it?
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by achinu(m): 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2007
ayomifull:

@ Achinu read my profile man, i am happily and childrenly married so not trying to toast anyone. Just want to know if its possible under normal circumstances for a man who is very comfortable, i mean comfortable in all aspect of it at 28 to still remain single at 38 for no just reason. If the person has enough education, good background, good job, good exposure, good looks and so so so so and decide to remain single do you think there may be a secret reason behind it?

Ayomifull, as a male not being married @ a certain age isn't a red flag in my humble opinion. I've a couple of male & female friends that are successful in their 30's that aren't married & have no kids. Some are single by choice & others are not, for whatever reason. I personally think the older we get in age the more we are set in our ways as humans and it's sometimes just less complicated when you don't have another persons emotion involved.

Also keep in mind that not being married, doesn't mean that you don't have a steady relationship or kid/s. Marriage to me is just the official union of 2 people!
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by akara(m): 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2007
Its a personal thing. If people have to wait to achieve financial stability,
then some would have to wait forever and probably never get married.
grin
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by linapeace(f): 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2007
for a woman i think from 18 and men from 30
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by babakura(m): 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2007
Agreed, cos It depends on both parties , I think 27 is Ok for me at most 28 , BY God 's Grace ,
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by dwonder(m): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2007
Knowing when we are ready to marry is vital. Since this varies from one individual to another, there is no specific age.

However, it is better to wait until we are “past the bloom of youth,” when strong sexual impulses can distort good judgment. (1 Corinthians 7:36)

When I saw my friends dating and marrying, many in their teen years, it was at times difficult to apply this counsel,” says Michelle. “But I realized that the counsel is from God, and he tells us only what is for our benefit. By waiting to marry, I was able to focus on my relationship with God and to gain some experience in life, which you cannot possibly have in your teenage years. Some years later, I was better prepared to handle the responsibilities as well as the problems that arise in marriage.”

Those who hasten to marry while still quite young often find that their needs and desires change as they mature. They then realize that the things they initially found desirable are no longer so important.

One young girl had her heart set on getting married when she was 16. Her grandmother got married at that age, as did her mother. When a young man she was interested in declined to marry her at that time, she chose someone else who was willing to do so. Later on in life, though, she greatly lamented her rash decision.

When contemplating marriage, it is important to have a mature understanding of all that is involved. Premature marriage can bring a host of problems that a youthful couple are likely ill-prepared to handle. They may lack the experience and maturity necessary to deal with the stresses of marriage and the rearing of children.

Marriage should be undertaken only when we are physically, mentally, and spiritually ready to take on an enduring partnership.
Paul wrote that those who marry “will have tribulation in their flesh.” (1 Corinthians 7:28)

Problems will arise because there are two distinct personalities, and viewpoints will vary. Because of human imperfection, it may be difficult to fulfill our Scriptural role in the marriage arrangement. (1 Corinthians 11:3; Colossians 3:18, 19; Titus 2:4, 5; 1 Peter 3:1, 2, 7) I

t takes maturity and spiritual stability to seek and follow divine guidance so as to settle stressful situations lovingly.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by 9ja4eva: 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2007
25 above
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by suze(f): 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2007
its in nigeria that most guys get married from 30yrs upward & its because of poverty and late success. If its abroad, a serious minded guy in his late twenties has gone far in life and achievement.

In Nigeria, before the guy enters university,spends years in university during strike, does nysc, starts looking for a job , gets a job then finally finds his feet he don old finish. Before he now starts talking of settling down, he's thirty something already.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by bamdil(m): 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2007
I believe that you can marry whenever you are matured enough to do so.  A lady of 21- 28 is capable to marry while a guy of 23-30 is equally capable.  Your exact age that you marry will have either a positive or negative effect later on.  There was a woman who is the world youngest great grand mother she is 48 years old, her daughter is of age 30 and she is a grand mum, compare that to ladies who marry at that age.
The benefit of marrying early is that you will be able to see 3 or more generations to come.
The negative effect is that if you are not of good standard you will hate yourself if you try that.

I quite agree with you Suze. Poverty is the main course of the problem. The young man may think of how to feed the wife and if a child comes their way, how to feed the entire family. Whereas, in advanced country, the job is there, for both of them(hubby and wife) and if there isn't a job, the govt gives money to help them.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by theboy0808(m): 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2007
For me, a man should get married when he has a good job at hand, (or a good business, entrepreneurs only) and is between the ages of 27 - 35

For a woman she needs to start gettin' ready for marriage between the ages of 24 - 30. Anything short of this is rushing and anything after this age bracket, SHE SHOULD GO TO CHURCH AND BECOME A FERVENT PRAYER WARRIOR!
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by bamdil(m): 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2007
I think it is BEST for you LADIES in the house to be a "SISTER", and MEN in the house to be a "FATHER", this will make you forget the barrier of the age limit[color=#990000][/color] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by shescute4(f): 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2007
all well said.4 me marriage is a mind thing.if being married at 18 favours one person,don't mean it'll work 4 me or anyone else.and any1 who decides to follow my footsteps by getting married in the morning(that is if i decide to), then he/she may be heading to destruction's highway.
@topic,the guy may be gay,may have been disappointed too many times (not natural) or has very high standards wiffy can not attain.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by 1regina10(f): 3:03am On Nov 08, 2007
I think that someone that is ready to get married should be sure. In some cases it could take them twenty years to make sure that they are sure, and some may be less. Really, It does depend on the person and thier personality. wink
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:11am On Nov 08, 2007
Marriage has nothing to do with age, it's all about maturity, if both are financial secure and capable of starting a family.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by Nwaka77: 4:09am On Nov 08, 2007
Nothing more to add. Everyone has said it all. Age is nothing but a number. I have seen people who are in their mid-thirties and they are not prepared for marraige emotionally, psycologically, and physically. What do we expect them to do? Rush into it because of their age and live [b]un[/b]happily ever after? God's time is the best please. Let him have his way in our individual lives. My 2 cents.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 08, 2007
There's no wrong or right time to get married.
You may even never marry if u chose as advised by paul in the book of corinthians.
If you chose to get married, then you have to be mentally,socially, spiritually, sexually, financially and every-other-ally ready.

Word is born.
Re: What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? by almondjoy(f): 7:55am On Nov 08, 2007
25 years old for females and 30 years old for Males.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy Shares Images Of 23 Ladies That He Has Banged On Social Media (photos) / Photo Of Pastor Praying For A Sexy Girl And Having Erection! / Why Are Men Useless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.